Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 231 of 484 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shakeel View Post
    @Storm:
    Thanks a lot.Yes, she didnt need an engine rebuilt yet. Its just mindblowing.. The sound of the engine is awsome. Even the silencer box is brand new and german one. I already fitted what I have for this car, just two to three things are less. I have to fit the original mudflaps. Will fit them in about 3 to 4 days. The next I have to order cooker white wall tyres from America.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    any plans on importing some parts for us as well????
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm:
    Kindly let me know what are your requirements. I'll let you know about it after I come to know what you want.
    Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cooker tyres, hmm...and what pressure would that be? :-)
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shakeel .... Is it the same beetle that came from Abbottabad?

If it is ............ oh my GOD! Great Job.
    -

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Romano:
    Yes, hopefully cooker tyres.. About the pressure, I'll let you know when I come to meet you next week. lol

@MsKhan18:
    No Salman bhai, this is not the beetle that came from Abbottabad. This car painjob was done in 1985 by Delta 4 in Islamabad and after that this car was garaged for 15 to 16 years. The 2nd owner didnt drive this car too much and he garaged it again in his friend's factory factory in 2002. It was garaged till 2010 23-03-2010 until I get hold of it. I was after this car from very first day I saw it in 2002. The owner was not willing to sell and a few weeks back he came and I insisted him alot, he said Ok but said he will do {ISTAKHARA} and if he gets some clue and if the car will be in my destiny, I will get it. Finally he called me after a week and now I am the 3rd proud owner of this car. My dream came true . Secondly whatever accessories I have for this car, I installed them. The car engine is not rebiult till yet even the tapets are not opened yet. The car is not accidented from anywhere and hence the whole body is rust free. Thanks for the appreciation salman bhai.
    Salman Bhai, its a long time I talked to you. Where are you nowadays and hows everything on your side? Any plans for coming to PAKISTAN.
    Regards,
    Shakeel

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well Shakeel, you have a gem on your hands. Enjoy it and keep it and yourself safe!

I'm in South TX these days, right on the US/Mexico border. Beautiful place and a vw heaven as well but sadly not many good examples here. Although there are 2 that are simply awesome and I also saw a Mexican final production version up for sale. It just doesn't feel right though.
    I think its been something like 4 years at least since we last spoke. I have made some plans to come back home this year but nothing is finalized yet. I've been good, doing great alhamdolilah. Missing home like anything How're things in Pindi? How'z Muqeem. Plz pay my regards and salams to all.

@MsKhan18:
    No Salman bhai, this is not the beetle that came from Abbottabad. This car painjob was done in 1985 by Delta 4 in Islamabad and after that this car was garaged for 15 to 16 years. The 2nd owner didnt drive this car too much and he garaged it again in his friend's factory factory in 2002. It was garaged till 2010 23-03-2010 until I get hold of it. I was after this car from very first day I saw it in 2002. The owner was not willing to sell and a few weeks back he came and I insisted him alot, he said Ok but said he will do {ISTAKHARA} and if he gets some clue and if the car will be in my destiny, I will get it. Finally he called me after a week and now I am the 3rd proud owner of this car. My dream came true . Secondly whatever accessories I have for this car, I installed them. The car engine is not rebiult till yet even the tapets are not opened yet. The car is not accidented from anywhere and hence the whole body is rust free. Thanks for the appreciation salman bhai.
    Salman Bhai, its a long time I talked to you. Where are you nowadays and hows everything on your side? Any plans for coming to PAKISTAN.
    Regards,
    Shakeel
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1958 beetle in lahore

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -57886 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -57887
    ALLAH IS GREAT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@VWBUG...I'm very interested in this car. Where is it, who owns it and is it for sale? If yes, let me know right away. This car needs to be saved from a life of storage, brought back to life and back onto our roads ASAP.

It looks quite unmolested, and judging from the old Peshawar plates, been off the road for quite some time.

If you think there's even a small chance the owner will sell, do let me know.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now now Aleem, one car at a time! Remember the last time you had two cars in the house? Remember their fate? Be a good boy :-) Do up the one you just got, and then we shall see...
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aleem
    though i know your intentinos are pure i think you need to stop and think abotu the current VW you have.

remember, one at a time.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@kashif9099
    do let me know what happens (about what we spoke about today on the phone),... because even i'd be interested.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Romano and Storm:

Agreed, 1 at a time is the way to go for sure. I am only concentrating on doing up the 61 at the moment. One project is more than enough to handle at one time.

Having said that...every so often...something like this DOES show up (though I doubt this one's for sale - just look at the pics), I can't resist the urge to take it, and just keep it safe. Do nothing to it for the moment: to be worked on only after current project complete.

In any event, I'm not actively looking for another car - only something exceptional could persuade me to deviate from my 1 at a time policy.

In defence of my earlier years, I would simply say that I was a poor law student and old VWs were relatively cheap and plentiful. How things change!!
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    @kashif9099
    do let me know what happens (about what we spoke about today on the phone),... because even i'd be interested.
    sure, i've an appointment at 1900 hrs, will update you the status.
    Don't drive like you own the road; drive like you own the car!
    Do what you love else love what you are doing!

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MsKhan18:
    Thanks a lot Salman Bhai. Good to hear from you after a long span of time. Yes, I think that you are surrounded by lots and lots of Volkswagen beetles in between US/Mexico border. Hope to get some resotred beetle pictures from you. Actually I am restoring a 1958 beetle as well. Its with the painter at the moment. Will show you the pictures soon. Well thats a great news that you plan to visit PAKISTAN this year. Hope to see you soon INSHALLAH. Things are good in pindi. Dad is fine and in good health. He met an accident a few weeks back but he is fine now. Will pay your regards to him. Yes, It has been quiet a long time we spoke to each other and yes I need to have your phone number and E-mail address as I need to speak with you. Will wait for your early reply.
    Regards,
    Shakeel

@Romano:
    Thanks for the wooden knobs.

@Aleem1:
    Hi Aleem, I think Storm and Romano are right. You should continue up with you 61 project at the moment . One project at one time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=shakeel;2146142]@MsKhan18:
    Thanks a lot Salman Bhai. Good to hear from you after a long span of time. Yes, I think that you are surrounded by lots and lots of Volkswagen beetles in between US/Mexico border. Hope to get some resotred beetle pictures from you. Actually I am restoring a 1958 beetle as well. Its with the painter at the moment. Will show you the pictures soon. Well thats a great news that you plan to visit PAKISTAN this year. Hope to see you soon INSHALLAH. Things are good in pindi. Dad is fine and in good health. He met an accident a few weeks back but he is fine now. Will pay your regards to him. Yes, It has been quiet a long time we spoke to each other and yes I need to have your phone number and E-mail address as I need to speak with you. Will wait for your early reply.
    Regards,
    Shakeel

Sent an email with the info you requested. I hope everyone is alright and Muqeem bhai is back to his good health. Send me the #s. I have the shop and home #s as well as the cell but I'm not sure if they are the same ones or did your got changed.

Where's your shop's website at bro? Get Imran to make one for you!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Aleem ,Owner is collector and he is not willing to sell beetle.
    ALLAH IS GREAT

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MsKhan18:
    Thanks a lot Salman bhai. INSHALLAH will contact you after you reach home.
    Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MsKhan18:
    Thanks a lot Salman bhai. INSHALLAH will contact you after you reach home.
    Regards.
    Send me your #s. I can call you up no problem. I drive around 250 - 300 mile everyday anyways so coming close to cell reception area is not that much of a problem.
    -

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MsKhan18:
    Hi, I sent you an E-mail on your hotmail account two days back. Kindly let me know if you recieved it or not yet? If not, I may send you our numbers again.
    Regards,
    Shakeel

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got the #s. Haven't received any emails yet! I'll call u up in the next couple of hours so that it is morning time in pindi.
    -

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List