Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 484 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haywirehiatus View Post
    @storm,
    thanks for the reply. i know the vaccum line is a sort of metal pipe. i cudnt find it. alternatives? what is the correct carb spring like? yes its a 1300. could u please upload a picture with a correct setup?
    sadly i havn't seen an orginal line in years, and wht is posted n the pic is probably the best alternative (rubber pipe). the reason the original one had a bend in it (up then down) was to stop condensation reaching the vaccum. mine is also rubber and infact mine doesn't even go up and down,.. mainly because i can't be bothered to make a metal one since i'll be swapping out my carbs etc soon anyways.

i think you have a 30PICT carb so the spring should look like this:
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 30pict 1

however it might be a 31PICT, so then the spring will be like this:
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 113129029a
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Rare sighting...Ghia (ISB)

Tariq Ameen's (still?) 68-69 Ghia spotted in G-8, at Camera's Carvery. Awaiting 'work', not quite sure what. This car hardly gets to see the light of day, which is a shame.

She certainly isn't what she used to be - the deterioration is beginning to show.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -61264 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -61265 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -61266
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Painted at the Chevy workshop in I/9 in 1997, now scratched to hell by Tariq's dogs.
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aleem
    was the pic taken on the 13th? becasue i drive past tariqs house every day and i've seen it standing outside all day every day since then, maybe it was just there for a "check up".

@romano
    first time i saw it was 1999 when i was doing my 68 speedster and it still looked great back then,... but yes,.. now it looks like a horses behind.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@razaksaeed
    Would be looking forward for the suprise.

I have spotted the TA Ghia twice in Isb.
    http://www.haseebawan.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm - took the pic of the Ghia last Sunday (11th)...

to my knowledge (I may be wrong), the only other known Ghia in ISB/RWP is the 58-59 two-tone green low light coupe we all drool over from time to time...but I can almost swear I've seen a red convertible as well somewhere, or maybe that one's in Karachi.

...any others locally?
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Aleem

The red convert ghia is belong to my friend Adil, he also have a white hardtop ghia.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aleem
    the red cabrio is in isb as well

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello people,

I am looking for a few things for my bug which is 1971 1300cc.

First of all I need a good or reasonable looking steering wheel for my bug. if anyone is selling theirs or know some1 who is selling one please do let me know, I will be interested.

2ndly not a techi person but I want to get more "noise" out of my exhaust so do I just change the tip or do I change the WHOLE EXHAUST system? If I have to change the whole exhaust system do I need to get other parts as well? If so which parts and can I get a chrome exhaust system in Pakistan? If so from where??

Please advice guys.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboy View Post
    hello people,

I am looking for a few things for my bug which is 1971 1300cc.

First of all I need a good or reasonable looking steering wheel for my bug. if anyone is selling theirs or know some1 who is selling one please do let me know, I will be interested.

2ndly not a techi person but I want to get more "noise" out of my exhaust so do I just change the tip or do I change the WHOLE EXHAUST system? If I have to change the whole exhaust system do I need to get other parts as well? If so which parts and can I get a chrome exhaust system in Pakistan? If so from where??

Please advice guys.
    for VW's you'll have to replace the back box (the only silencer), i just had one built for 5000rs and it was worth every penny as the car is now quiet. if you want a loud system you can choose form many abroad but i havn't seen any "good" chrome ones. nothing liek this is available "off the shelf" in PK as far as i know though so you'll have to get it made or import it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tch tch, walk quietly, but carry a big stick. Too many ricers out there with lots of noise and stickers, not much else. How about a car that can go fast but looks stock. Thats THE way to go. Sorry KP :-) Noisy exhausts will just get on yr nerves after while!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i was told to go for just the tip which should do the thing for me
    CHROME ZOOM TUBE MUFFLER :: STOCK EXHAUST :: EXHAUST :: Appletree Automotive, Dune Buggy Parts, Sandrail Parts, VW Parts

do you think installing one of these in pakistan is no problem? you said get one made, hmmm do you think I can get a CHROME one made as well within Pakistan? If so from where?

storm are you in islamabad?

I want to make my engine and engine pipes to look "chromey" so would luv your advice and how much it would cost me from Pakistan or would it be better to get the chrome kids from outside of Pakistan??

@romano got to agree with you lots of stickers out there, but am not a racer more of a show car driver. Just drive at cruising speed so that everyone gets a good look at the car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    tch tch, walk quietly, but carry a big stick. Too many ricers out there with lots of noise and stickers, not much else. How about a car that can go fast but looks stock. Thats THE way to go. Sorry KP :-) Noisy exhausts will just get on yr nerves after while!
    agreed, the noise got on my nerves too that is why i had my exhuast built to my specs,... but metallic orange was never stock

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

the red ghia is in karachi
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboy View Post
    i was told to go for just the tip which should do the thing for me
    CHROME ZOOM TUBE MUFFLER :: STOCK EXHAUST :: EXHAUST :: Appletree Automotive, Dune Buggy Parts, Sandrail Parts, VW Parts

do you think installing one of these in pakistan is no problem? you said get one made, hmmm do you think I can get a CHROME one made as well within Pakistan? If so from where?

storm are you in islamabad?

I want to make my engine and engine pipes to look "chromey" so would luv your advice and how much it would cost me from Pakistan or would it be better to get the chrome kids from outside of Pakistan??

@romano got to agree with you lots of stickers out there, but am not a racer more of a show car driver. Just drive at cruising speed so that everyone gets a good look at the car
    the zoom tube you posted is easily fit at home. if that satisfys you then it's all you need. there is no point getting it done here since these are so cheap abroad and the level of quality and accuracy of local stuff can never beat machine built stuff.

Indeed, i'm in Islamabad, however i'm NOT in favour of chrome engines etc since VW's will run hotter with chrome bits rather than the semi-gloss black (stock) bits. however if you MUST go chrome, you can get your engine bits chromed in pindi rom a few places (not sure where).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by safeershah View Post
    @storm

the red ghia is in karachi
    its returned? i saw it a few months back and i thought i'd not seen it due to the poor weather... sad to know it's gone back to further rust in KHI,.. or is it about to get a much-needed rebuild?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check out Fred's green Beetle at 2'45"
    BBC News - Close-Up: Pakistan's truck art

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a 28pict carb on a 1300 dualport. how wrong is it? is it bad?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wat do the two things pointed in the picture mean?

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -63474

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haywirehiatus View Post
    wat do the two things pointed in the picture mean?

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 63474
    The one on the left looks alot like a "coil" light on diesel cars. The one on the right is an Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) symbol.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List