Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 484 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haywirehiatus View Post
    a 28pict carb on a 1300 dualport. how wrong is it? is it bad?
    it's an economy-inspired 1200 carb on a 1300, not too bad but ideally you should have a 30 or 31 on your engine. with a 28 a 1300DP would be producing around 30-35hp if everything else is working fine.... when it should be producing 44.

i've got the same issue with my 1303, i'm using a 30/31 and i'd be lucky if my car is producing 35-40hp even though it is a 1600DP (when it should be producing approx 50hp).
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    Check out Fred's green Beetle at 2'45"
    BBC News - Close-Up: Pakistan's truck art
    and i helped with the deal for this car (was the translator and also gave my opinion on it),... can't believe fred left without saying goodbye.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default hello

hi Alllll... been away but good to see all the post's,will try to be more regular busy in restoring a quad bike see ya all soon ...

ciao

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fadee View Post
    hi Alllll... been away but good to see all the post's,will try to be more regular busy in restoring a quad bike see ya all soon ...

ciao
    have you decided to keep your beatiful VW?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!The news ha spread.......... ya i will keep it coz i just came to know that my VW IS THE TOP TEN IN PAKISTAN :p:p:p

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    have you decided to keep your beatiful VW?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fadee
    good to hear you changed your mind.

@all
    check this out: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/buy...e_c_main_index

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm:
    i was about to paste my ignition contact points link here for your information. but somewhere i had the tought that you must have already seen it. and I was right. bcuz u r always in search of such things ;-)

anyways, my mechanic is claiming that he is also in possession of brand new box packed VW carburator, but is lost somewhere in his store. as soon as he find it, i will post pics for it as well. untill he find out, i cant put up any details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anyone know whats the BIGGEST tire size can you put on a VW!! and are these tires available in Pakistan if so from where and how much will it cost??

by the way I am looking for a steering wheel for my vw, does anyone know where I can get one or is anyone selling theirs??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afarooqi View Post
    @storm:
    i was about to paste my ignition contact points link here for your information. but somewhere i had the tought that you must have already seen it. and I was right. bcuz u r always in search of such things ;-)

anyways, my mechanic is claiming that he is also in possession of brand new box packed VW carburator, but is lost somewhere in his store. as soon as he find it, i will post pics for it as well. untill he find out, i cant put up any details.
    if it's a 34PICT carb please remember i have cash waiting!

as for your ad, it was brought to my attention by romano and i thought i'd share it with everyone as many VW owners need these parts but tend not to knwo how to search for them. i'm running point at the moment as well (brand new) and once they wear out i'm switching to CDI otherwise i woudl have taken 2 off you (one to use next and one spare) as they are quite hard to come by.

tbanks for sharing the info with us, i'm sure someone is desperately seeking them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboy View Post
    does anyone know whats the BIGGEST tire size can you put on a VW!! and are these tires available in Pakistan if so from where and how much will it cost??

by the way I am looking for a steering wheel for my vw, does anyone know where I can get one or is anyone selling theirs??
    on a standard rim, 165/80R15 (front) and 185/65R15 rear

on aftermarket rims with no mods to the steering, fenders and suspension 165/65R15 front and 195/65R15 rear

on modified fenders, steering and suspension, the sky is the limit,.. but this is utterly pointless as there are no benefits for going any larger than 165/80R15 front 195/65R15 rear (infact it'll ruin the handling and hte acceleration)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    if it's a 34PICT carb please remember i have cash waiting!

as for your ad, it was brought to my attention by romano and i thought i'd share it with everyone as many VW owners need these parts but tend not to knwo how to search for them. i'm running point at the moment as well (brand new) and once they wear out i'm switching to CDI otherwise i woudl have taken 2 off you (one to use next and one spare) as they are quite hard to come by.

tbanks for sharing the info with us, i'm sure someone is desperately seeking them.
    @Storm,
    Bhai thanks for appreciation. As I heard price from him, I thought of it as a throw-away price and first thought that came to me was to share it with you ppl.

Lets see when he calls me after searching in his store. Lets keep our fingers crossed for it may be a desired one.

Someone called me for carb from Khi also. But for points ppl dont seem too anxious.
    @romano
    Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm the wheels you mentioned are quite big for a normal VW bug but what a baja type in islamabad am thinking about putting on 245/70/15 or 275/60/15 for the rear ones, i dont think there will be a problem or will there be? Any idea where I can get nice quality tires at a good price within Islamabad or RWP?? I know peshawar is cheap but dont know whether my car will reach there or not

Also if anyone has a steering wheel or knows where I can get one please please let me know. It should be in OK condition and should have the HORN button as well. my model is 71.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm the wheels you mentioned are quite big for a normal VW bug but what a baja type in islamabad am thinking about putting on 245/70/15 or 275/60/15 for the rear ones, i dont think there will be a problem or will there be? Any idea where I can get nice quality tires at a good price within Islamabad or RWP?? I know peshawar is cheap but dont know whether my car will reach there or not

Also if anyone has a steering wheel or knows where I can get one please please let me know. It should be in OK condition and should have the HORN button as well. my model is 71.
    the sizes mentioned are for a standard VW type 1 & type 2 using stock fenders.

for a baja you can fit almost any size rear tyre but your speedometer will not be accurate (which shouldn't be an issue for offroad use).

KPsheikh will be able to guide you more as he already has a sandfox style buggy in isb.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

KPsheikh? is that his name or nick? where can i contact him because I need to sort out my rear tires fast and I need a good deal!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

KPsheikh? is that his name or nick? where can i contact him because I need to sort out my rear tires fast and I need a good deal!!
    i sent you a PM yesterday, please check your PW inbox.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anyone have the contact number of a mechanic called Haji!! I think hes a young guy who can come to your house and fix the bug on the spot!! or if I can get Muqeems number or any other mechanic who can come to your house to fix the bug?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anyone have the contact number of a mechanic called Haji!! I think hes a young guy who can come to your house and fix the bug on the spot!! or if I can get Muqeems number or any other mechanic who can come to your house to fix the bug?
    Haji 03465214658
    Moqeem 0515564442

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Bahamas Blue 65 Bug...ISB

Spotted a rather original-looking Bahamas Blue 65 Bug in Jinnah. Another survivor car.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -67118 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -67119
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^nice looking beetle,... any details from the owner or was it just "spotted"?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

My Bug was getting kind of lonely pending her resto...so along came...
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -67120
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List