Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 484 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    mus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    mississauga
    Age
    38
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

    Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together


    Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

  2. #4701
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    40,235
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^has that herbie replica been spotted in the UAE? are they touring? any info on the car and drivers?

    excellent spotting.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

  3. #4702
    PakWheeler Follow
    pearl_01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahsanmq View Post
    @beetlemanic

    last duplex beetle same as this beelte.

    i do't know yee kis ke hee magar itna zaroor pata he keh yee peshawar maan kisey ke he ..........

    c this beetle
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -1014899
    i think this one is good for off-road......lov to hav one like this
    Racing in Living, Everything else is Just Waiting.

  4. #4703
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    40,235
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pearl_01 View Post
    i think this one is good for off-road......lov to hav one like this
    that beetle looks nice but probably isn't any good offroad (tyres are too big - specially the front ones)

    for real offroading VWs,.. check out the class 5 baja beetles

    HELLOOOOOOOO!?!?!?!?!

    where are all the VW club members? havn't heard from you all in a while,.. or have you all decided to park up your cars for summer?
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

  5. #4704
    PakWheeler Follow
    NaveedRizvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    616
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ all

    Just came to know a couple of days ago that Abdul Sattar Edhi's first ambulance was a VW bought from Germany for Rs. 16,600.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

  6. #4705
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashif9099's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default ....

    @storm

    its the other way, busy trying to get the parked one on the road!
    Don't drive like you own the road; drive like you own the car!
    Do what you love else love what you are doing!

  7. #4706
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @pearl_01
    yes this beetle belongs to a guy in peshawar it was done like in early 2005 car made a bad sound i think engine was swapped
    i saw it many times parked near Honey bakers mall tower area
    but now it disappeared without a trace
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  8. #4707
    PakWheeler Follow
    kashif9099's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default ...1302 rescued!!

    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -74921 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -74922 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -74923 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -74924
    Don't drive like you own the road; drive like you own the car!
    Do what you love else love what you are doing!

  9. #4708
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ Kashif

    Well done! Great job rescuing that poor thing. Ugly as it may be, you now have the opportunity to do it some justice.

    Good luck for the restoration and please do take plenty of pictures.

    My own 61 Bug resto is about to start inshallah soon, perhaps by the end of the month. Just been collecting bits and pieces and enjoying her as is.

    Recently got hold of a mid-60s original Blaupunkt radio for the 61 Bug - in perfect working condition, AM shortwave. A rare treat to be installed after all the hard work is done!

    Tuner/volume buttons missing, will add period VW ivory knobs I suppose.

    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75025

    Also, looking for the following parts for my 61 Bug:

    1. Steering wheel chrome 'D' or semi-circle, to fit 60-63 beetles (not the later type, 66-)

    2. Black Wolfsburg badge, ??

    3. Turn signal/indicator switch, white/beige, to go with white/beige steering wheel, 60-65 beetles

    4. Any and all GLASS panels - windshield, side windows, door windows, rear windows etc, to fit small-window beetles (i.e. pre-64), used is fine as long as relatively scratch-free. Mine are too scratched to use after 50 years. Must be OEM SEKURIT German glass, will pay accordingly.

    5. Assist Straps - (those 'loops' inside on the pillar, affixed to headliner), need a pair, pref. beige.

    6. Hubcap Clips - for pre-65 cars, to fit domed hubcaps...need as many as poss!

    7. Wiper Arm or Pair - silver, for pre-64 cars. Either one will do or a pair.

    8. Rear Pop-out windows - for pre-64 cars...??? I had a pair, stupidly lost in london.

    If you have any of the bits above, or anything else that may be of some use...please let me know. Waiting. Thanks!!!
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

  10. #4709
    PakWheeler Follow
    -SS-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Aleem,

    Did you checked the email before visiting khi?

  11. #4710
    PakWheeler Follow
    farrukhahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    296
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Considering Sale

    hello all,

    sorry for being away for so long...was stuck with family and new job assignments.

    i'm considering selling my beetle and restoring a 65-67 as a replacement.

    for those who don't know, its a standard 1200cc 1974 beetle, original engine that i semi-overhauled a short while ago.

    interior is modified with modern seats as its a daily driver, have a parcel shelf that i copied off another bug, alloy rims. A/C is installed (concealed type) and running perfect. This is my daily drive car and i run the A/C all the time without any problems whatsoever. (audio system not included).

    here's a picture with a link at the bottom for the facebook album of the beetle with detailed interior as well....

    If you or anyone you know is interested in an absolutely trouble free, turn key beetle, pm here or sms / call: 030 2829 3031

    Click here for the pictures
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

  12. #4711
    au
    au is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    86
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Aleem.

    Nice one. Where'd you get hold of the radio?
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

  13. #4712
    PakWheeler Follow
    Docmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    49
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    hello all,

    sorry for being away for so long...was stuck with family and new job assignments.

    i'm considering selling my beetle and restoring a 65-67 as a replacement.

    for those who don't know, its a standard 1200cc 1974 beetle, original engine that i semi-overhauled a short while ago.

    interior is modified with modern seats as its a daily driver, have a parcel shelf that i copied off another bug, alloy rims. A/C is installed (concealed type) and running perfect. This is my daily drive car and i run the A/C all the time without any problems whatsoever. (audio system not included).

    here's a picture with a link at the bottom for the facebook album of the beetle with detailed interior as well....

    If you or anyone you know is interested in an absolutely trouble free, turn key beetle, pm here or sms / call: 030 2829 3031

    Click here for the pictures
    Hi Farukh this is Doc mas member of PW i just saw your thread about sale of your beetle can you please tell me whats your demand ?
    Other thing do you have all documents ,files and neccessary papers with you and token paid upto june 2010 .
    well i am in saudi arabia right now and interested in buying your bettle please reply on this thread as i m online now
    regards
    Dr Masroor

    waiting for your quick reply
    regards

  14. #4713
    PakWheeler Follow
    farrukhahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    296
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Docmas View Post
    Hi Farukh this is Doc mas member of PW i just saw your thread about sale of your beetle can you please tell me whats your demand ?
    Other thing do you have all documents ,files and neccessary papers with you and token paid upto june 2010 .
    well i am in saudi arabia right now and interested in buying your bettle please reply on this thread as i m online now
    regards
    Dr Masroor
    The papers are all upto date and I have the file with me...Original plates are in the car though i have fancy ones displayed...tax is up-to-date. car is in my name.

    for the prices, lets talk offline
    you can sms me on my cell number. better to have the car checked so you're sure you're making the right choice

    i'm an enthusiast and wouldn't want to be unfair to anyone. everyone is most welcome to have a look at the car in person.
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

  15. #4714
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    40,235
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @kashif
    congrats, though it looks bad at the moment the 1302 has alot of potential as it is a classic VW beetle shape but with all the benefits of modern suspension. i'd suggest you get a quote from your denter to see how much it'll cost to rebuild (and this way you will have an idea as to the extent of the rust).

    jsut remember that 1302 parts are a nightmare to find, but the rewards are infinite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1 View Post
    Also, looking for the following parts for my 61 Bug:

    1. Steering wheel chrome 'D' or semi-circle, to fit 60-63 beetles (not the later type, 66-)

    2. Black Wolfsburg badge, ??

    3. Turn signal/indicator switch, white/beige, to go with white/beige steering wheel, 60-65 beetles

    4. Any and all GLASS panels - windshield, side windows, door windows, rear windows etc, to fit small-window beetles (i.e. pre-64), used is fine as long as relatively scratch-free. Mine are too scratched to use after 50 years. Must be OEM SEKURIT German glass, will pay accordingly.

    5. Assist Straps - (those 'loops' inside on the pillar, affixed to headliner), need a pair, pref. beige.

    6. Hubcap Clips - for pre-65 cars, to fit domed hubcaps...need as many as poss!

    7. Wiper Arm or Pair - silver, for pre-64 cars. Either one will do or a pair.

    8. Rear Pop-out windows - for pre-64 cars...??? I had a pair, stupidly lost in london.

    If you have any of the bits above, or anything else that may be of some use...please let me know. Waiting. Thanks!!!
    @aleem
    i've got a whole bunch of early VW parts at my house which were taken off a VW body which was scrapped. swing by some time and take a look to see if i have any parts you need.

    that radio is TASTY!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    @ all

    Just came to know a couple of days ago that Abdul Sattar Edhi's first ambulance was a VW bought from Germany for Rs. 16,600.
    now there is something i didn't know,... can you imagine if the car was found and rescued,.. i'm sure the edhi foundation would pay alot of money for it.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

  16. #4715
    PakWheeler Follow
    Docmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    49
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    The papers are all upto date and I have the file with me...Original plates are in the car though i have fancy ones displayed...tax is up-to-date. car is in my name.

    for the prices, lets talk offline
    you can sms me on my cell number. better to have the car checked so you're sure you're making the right choice

    i'm an enthusiast and wouldn't want to be unfair to anyone. everyone is most welcome to have a look at the car in person.
    Farukh thanks for the reply the problem is i m saudi arabia rite now and coming to khi inshallah in 10 days time i worksas a doctor in oil field so we dont have cell phones working if you please quate your demand on my private email id and if sounds reasonable to me ill tell my wife to contact you in khi i have seen your car pictures on face book and its a really nice bug my id is pnd.medic@prideinternational.com i will be thankful if u kindly reply with demand on this email
    regards
    Dr Masroor

  17. #4716
    PakWheeler Follow
    farrukhahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    296
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^ mail sent
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

  18. #4717
    PakWheeler Follow
    Docmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    49
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    The papers are all upto date and I have the file with me...Original plates are in the car though i have fancy ones displayed...tax is up-to-date. car is in my name.

    for the prices, lets talk offline
    you can sms me on my cell number. better to have the car checked so you're sure you're making the right choice

    i'm an enthusiast and wouldn't want to be unfair to anyone. everyone is most welcome to have a look at the car in person.
    Thanks for the replies will definately meet you inshallah
    regards

  19. #4718
    PakWheeler Follow
    Aleem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    545
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ SS - sorry, did receive your e-mail but was really super-pressed for time in KHI. Did manage a very quick trip to Shershah between court hearing and meetings, was there only for literally a day. Apparently, old Shaabo Bhai has a Split Bus coming in for breaking...it was described as a 'puraana dubba'...can you or anyone confirm? How goes the Ghia?

    @ Au - got it from Pindi after considerable effort.

    @ Storm - thanks...will indeed drop by to check what treasures you hold.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

  20. #4719
    PakWheeler Follow
    -SS-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1 View Post
    @ SS - sorry, did receive your e-mail but was really super-pressed for time in KHI. Did manage a very quick trip to Shershah between court hearing and meetings, was there only for literally a day. Apparently, old Shaabo Bhai has a Split Bus coming in for breaking...it was described as a 'puraana dubba'...can you or anyone confirm? How goes the Ghia?

    @ Au - got it from Pindi after considerable effort.

    @ Storm - thanks...will indeed drop by to check what treasures you hold.

    No prob Aleem.... on the Purana Dubba with Shaabo, no clue.

    Ghia is going great.......

    Fixing of the quarter windows will soon be done inshallah.

    Rear Seat will come next inshallah

    In the end, emblems will be mounted after a good rubbin job, hopefully!

    Else, is good.

    TC

    Last night got a hole on my KG's front. Thanks to Pak Cricket Fans as someone's bullet managed it's way.

    It is so hard to restore but it is so easy to get scratched.

    Well, may God be with me and Inshallah will redo the job with some touch-up.

    Here's one more VW of mine to change the mood. It's a 1303s


    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75933 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75934 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75935 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75936Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75933 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75934 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75935 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -75936

  21. #4720
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    40,235
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @-SS-
    very sad to hear about your KG, hopefully one day a similar buller will hit the shooter in his @ss!!

    how come that 1303 has such a wide track? why do people insist on widening cars? and fitting non-original parts (like that silly sunroof)? BTW the metal "accents/stoneguards" on the rear fenders had me laughing so hard that my stomach is now hurting,...

    otherwise the 1303S looks like it can STILL be saved.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •