Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 484 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    you have to share the setup with me as i'm looking to install the spare AC i have lying at home....
    sure sure...i'll snap some detailed pics and try to explain as much as possible. if u do plan to dive in, i'd be more than happy to share / assist at any point you want

Quote Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
    Farrukh... i want to see Salman's Camper.. please arrange a meet with him if it's possible.
    ok sure....naqvi sb and i have gotten over a good start. i went to see his mercs at his home and also his Thing and the Nissan 280zx under construction...
    he took me to show Khwaja sb's mustang under restoration...sadly that car's not getting the love it deserves and i had passed on a msg to khwaja sb through naqvi sb not to ruin the car and pass it over to me :p

will talk to him and maybe we can check it out together.

btw, najeeb gilani's bay window is also under resto and it'll be coming to my shop soon for a custom interior as he's looking for bit of westfalia effect in it
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    sure sure...i'll snap some detailed pics and try to explain as much as possible. if u do plan to dive in, i'd be more than happy to share / assist at any point you want
    thanks buddy, awaiting pics then i'll flood you with questions.

as for the panel i got today,... i just finished the rubber gaskit that will help seal it. tomorrow i change the interior mirror, interior light, the cover and a few dead bulbs (finally)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

today thanks to romano and Zaigham i got my wiper motor inspection cover! woohoo, now i can drive in the rain!!!

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - Image0101
    Getting closer and closer to perfection, zabardast zabardast!
    Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fedd View Post
    Getting closer and closer to perfection, zabardast zabardast!
    thanks buddy,... i'm just surprised as to how many things were missing/removed from this car over its life. why are people so stupid?
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'm just surprised as to how many things were missing/removed from this car over its life. why are people so stupid?
    That's because of a famous term coined as "Chalti ka naam gari", people tend to ignore these details and keep on driving, specially in the case of Beetles. Because as you know, these pretty tough things have a potential to run for years even without some parts that an average man thinks are not necessary. Only if it can run without it, doesn't mean one should throw such parts away. Designers and Engineers never put anything useless in a car. Why would they want to increase its weight and their cost? But people just do not understand these things.

Another very solid reason for a car with missing parts is, our local mechanics. They usually have fraudulent intentions to rip off some parts, specially from the cars that they know are quite rare and finding parts for them would be a hectic job for their owners, hence they can offer it to someone else and get some cash out of it. Sigh!

@farrukhahmed - I called a few times for that '64 Beetle yesterday but phone was not picked. Today he picked up but I came to know that the car has been sold about a week ago. Anyway I'm keeping an eye locally and if some Beetle comes up for sale I will let you know.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fedd View Post
    @farrukhahmed - I called a few times for that '64 Beetle yesterday but phone was not picked. Today he picked up but I came to know that the car has been sold about a week ago. Anyway I'm keeping an eye locally and if some Beetle comes up for sale I will let you know.
    that is sad as that car was potentially a keeper! but thanks for the effort. would love to own a pre 67
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok sure....naqvi sb and i have gotten over a good start. i went to see his mercs at his home and also his Thing and the Nissan 280zx under construction...
    he took me to show Khwaja sb's mustang under restoration...sadly that car's not getting the love it deserves and i had passed on a msg to khwaja sb through naqvi sb not to ruin the car and pass it over to me :p

will talk to him and maybe we can check it out together.

btw, najeeb gilani's bay window is also under resto and it'll be coming to my shop soon for a custom interior as he's looking for bit of westfalia effect in it
    Would love to checkout SN's rides. I love that thing he owns and splly the merc... it's soooo clean.

Let me know when we can pay him a visit.

I dont have any interest in the mustang though.. seen it earlier when she was in her beauty. u know what i mean..lolz..

NG's bus aint getting anywhere as far as i know. For the interior works on his bus, checkout Sattar Upholsterer, he'd gone through some (almost) westfalias.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that is sad as that car was potentially a keeper! but thanks for the effort. would love to own a pre 67
    Sure it seemed to be, that's why it got sold quickly. But I hope we'll find another classy soon. Will keep a check on pre '67 in particular.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do check out this quick rebuild of a 1302: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3022492

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ SS

I'm also interested in the '62 bug, for sure. Pls let me know details. Pics would be appreciated, if not too much of a hassle. Thanks.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today thanks to romano and Zaigham i got my wiper motor inspection cover! woohoo, now i can drive in the rain!!!

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - Image0101

fit on top of the open panel on the right
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - GT208515202819329
    congrates bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fadee
    thanks buddy, i fit a rubber edge to it and mounted it last night on the 1303,.. finally i coudl remove that patch of black tape on my bonney vent grilles!! the next step is to fit the wiper spray nozzle and to quickly build a multi speed blower so that i can defog my windows once the rains start.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fadee
    thanks buddy, i fit a rubber edge to it and mounted it last night on the 1303,.. finally i coudl remove that patch of black tape on my bonney vent grilles!! the next step is to fit the wiper spray nozzle and to quickly build a multi speed blower so that i can defog my windows once the rains start.

goodluck with it bro ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dream Restorations... they have it all close to them and we... live with a '?' for finding almost everything.

VW+VW1500

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
    Dream Restorations... they have it all close to them and we... live with a '?' for finding almost everything.

VW+VW1500
    don't forget that their cars are usually owned by more normal people who take care of thier cars,... not jangli pakistanis who have no value for such vehicles, also they have more cars to choose form.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

@ SS and Storm: completely agree with you both. It's sad but true. So...we may as well enjoy and treasure the dwindling number old VWs we have left on our roads, and hope and pray that the remaining 'casual' owners wake up and begin to appreciate what they have.

To lighten the mood, check these out:

(1) Early Thing, 70-71 ish(more properly - Type 182 'Trekker') spotted outside its owners' house in F-6, in front of Shaheen/D. Watson. Looked to be complete, relatively original and unmolested and most importantly, a regular driver. Very nice except for the obligatory, ugly 82 Corolla steering. Also intereting hard-top - glass was original.

(2) Cool looking '66 Beetle - there are still quite a lot of '66s about, but this one, to my mind is one good-looking retro machine. Popouts, blade bumpers in that metallic brown and a slightly battered look suit it well - minus the later lights. Nice. Regularly seen around town.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -85035 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -85036 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -85037 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -85038 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -85039

P.S...on the subject of Things...does anyone in ISB/RWP know about the abandoned rolling shell of a Thing parked in Saddar, Pindi at a mechanics' place near the cinemas? Can't recall the exact location but it was standing there a couple of months back.

Wasn't much left of the poor 'thing'. I may go and investigate if I get the time this weekend. Things are rare and really shouldn't be left to rot.

Having said that, I fully expect the mechanic laying claim to it to come up with some BS story about the owner not selling despite 'lakhs' being offered to him, etc ad nauseum. Shish.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1 View Post

(1) Early Thing, 70-71 ish(more properly - Type 182 'Trekker') spotted outside its owners' house in F-6, in front of Shaheen/D. Watson. Looked to be complete, relatively original and unmolested and most importantly, a regular driver. Very nice except for the obligatory, ugly 82 Corolla steering. Also intereting hard-top - glass was original.
    This particular thing is in my family, it belings to my wifes uncle. BTW my mehndi function was held in that house

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All can anyone tell me the problem's with this Engine and it's configuration's?
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -85594
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    @All can anyone tell me the problem's with this Engine and it's configuration's?
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 85594
    it's on gas/LPG
    the oilbath has a hole on the top (no filtration)
    the vaccum line isn't attached (poor timing)
    there are no rubber seatl in the engine bay (overheating possibility)
    heater tubes are missing causing your fan to blow air nowhere (reduces cooling effect on engine)
    coil looks too small (poor spark)

that's pretty much all i can see.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List