Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 484 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that's a 66? why the 74 body? why are you selling it,.. she's got a sunroof!

(i think i recall you saying you had more than one VW)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Romano and Storm:

I really, really need to get my hands on as many decent, hopefully German/NOS/quality pre 67 parts as possible. Fact of the matter is I'm completely stuffed for parts for the '61 and its an irritating feeling not being able to start her resto because I don't feel confident enough to strip her down and start the body.

Last thing I want is for the car to be all painted up and then waiting for months for bits and bobs. Kabaris have dried up here and new parts are either nonexistent or extortionately pricey.

@Mariner
    Ahhh...your car evokes (slight) memories of my own '66 sunroof LHD. What a car it was, thankfully mine looked every inch a '66. Rare as it may be, it's a real darn shame about that '74 body and all those mods. With all due respect, unless some brave soul takes this is on as a full-on resto, the car is a gonner.

I wonder what on Earth possess people to do this to early cars, particularly sunroofs. Funny how out in the West, it's more usual for people to take newer model VWs and make them look older.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aleem, call papu, he's allegedly bought stock from 3 shops in afghanistan and has all sorts of parts. i found another box of stuff form that 65, it's lying at my other house.

they just dont build them like they used to:

Electric Beetle Spanks Tesla Roadster In Drag Race
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is the easiest way to fashion a custom exhaust that would give a more masculine sound to the bug (=read: 'loud') without sacrificing the power and fuel consumption? i love the fweem, but i'd like a change for a while. i think storm ran a different exhaust setup on the 1303? how did it perform?

au
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

storm.

what sort of parts are available for this afghan hook up? and whats the story there, did they sell em there and what were they doing all this while and turn up now?

haywire.

to be honest, simply pull out your beetle tail pipes and you have your manly gruff. i got bored of the phweeem myself and simply pulled the tail pipes out and she sounds fairly mean. no need to go for silencer mods that local silencer walas simply cant do. your call, let me know how you go.
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by au View Post
    storm.

haywire.

to be honest, simply pull out your beetle tail pipes and you have your manly gruff. i got bored of the phweeem myself and simply pulled the tail pipes out and she sounds fairly mean. no need to go for silencer mods that local silencer walas simply cant do. your call, let me know how you go.
    watch the video... first its without the tail pipes on the standard system. then its swapped with an exhaust. gotta love that note.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haywirehiatus View Post
    what is the easiest way to fashion a custom exhaust that would give a more masculine sound to the bug (=read: 'loud') without sacrificing the power and fuel consumption? i love the fweem, but i'd like a change for a while. i think storm ran a different exhaust setup on the 1303? how did it perform?
    1303 had two setups, one was a patched original exhaust with 2 suzuki mufflers added on to shut her up,.. she sounded like an impreza.

current setup is a locally built OEM style exhaust,.. but it is MUCH better built than brazilian ones, gives better flow and is MUCH quieter than the one i had on before. approx 5000rs well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by au View Post
    storm.

what sort of parts are available for this afghan hook up? and whats the story there, did they sell em there and what were they doing all this while and turn up now?
    still have no further details on the parts. story is that pappu bought out the stock from 3 shops in afghanistan,.. everything from Type 1 to golf parts allegedly.

watch the video... first its without the tail pipes on the standard system. then its swapped with an exhaust. gotta love that note.

the 2nd exhaust sounds really good in the video but in real life it sounds like any other civic with a f@rt can exhaust.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    1303 had two setups, one was a patched original exhaust with 2 suzuki mufflers added on to shut her up,.. she sounded like an impreza.

current setup is a locally built OEM style exhaust,.. but it is MUCH better built than brazilian ones, gives better flow and is MUCH quieter than the one i had on before. approx 5000rs well spent.
    can u get me some details? the layout? pictures? thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can u get me some details? the layout? pictures? thanks!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...03-superbeetle

&

Picasa Web Albums - try_2_catch_me - Restoration o...#

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all VW LOVERS

VW 1300cc engine 4 sale [without carborator & denmo]. engine is gud condition.

reason 4 selling: bought a new one 1600cc.........:-)

plz contact 0232-5320990

dgud chance 4 beetle owners
    Ahsan Qureshi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sounds batter then most of the honda and rolla with after market exhaust
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@romano: can you tell me the specs of your Nexen tyres?

also, isb / pindi guys: pls let me know if you come across original rims (4 or 5) and 4 wheel caps for my '74...(4 lug).
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    @romano: can you tell me the specs of your Nexen tyres?

also, isb / pindi guys: pls let me know if you come across original rims (4 or 5) and 4 wheel caps for my '74...(4 lug).
    his tyres are 165/80R15, available (on order) from unique tyre (0512872489 & 0512272746) in blue area, near geo office for approx 4500 each. 100% cash advance payment, do note that the tyres are in KHI and are now 1 year old so maybe you'd be able to speak to the stockist in KHI and get a better price sine you are there.

as for the wheels,.. i'm also looking for at least 1 (4x130) for my spare tyre in the 1303, and 5 (5x205) for my 182/thing/trekker/safari. almost all i've seen till date are bent.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yet another bold enthusiast took the step of creating a Rat Rod Bug with huge rear wheels and front a bit close to the original.....i hope he'll go with the RR THEME rather thn puttin the fenders on... it's mean looking machine and hope he'll get through... thut of takin a picture of it for givin u all a sneak peak..but i say... we shud wait until it go bananas.

Lookin at such projects distracts me...i've a lot in mind and in reach...but i'm damn confused which to pic first....lolz

German
    Australian
    American...lolz....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
    Yet another bold enthusiast took the step of creating a Rat Rod Bug with huge rear wheels and front a bit close to the original.....i hope he'll go with the RR THEME rather thn puttin the fenders on... it's mean looking machine and hope he'll get through... thut of takin a picture of it for givin u all a sneak peak..but i say... we shud wait until it go bananas.

Lookin at such projects distracts me...i've a lot in mind and in reach...but i'm damn confused which to pic first....lolz

German
    Australian
    American...lolz....
    great....would love to see the project details.

i have a dream / a mission rather to build a Hebmuller someday...if you have the inspiration, take up that project! I'll build you a customized Heb...a real show stopper! come over when you have time and i'll share the idea

Guys,

A close friend has finally been bitten by the *bug mania* and is looking for a later model beetle...preference is not to acquire a body off build project but something that can be fixed with a little love and care...will be his daily driver.

Pls forward leads of any 70 or later model beetles for sale my way as I would be handling the 'mini-project' for him

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys,

A close friend has finally been bitten by the *bug mania* and is looking for a later model beetle...preference is not to acquire a body off build project but something that can be fixed with a little love and care...will be his daily driver.

Pls forward leads of any 70 or later model beetles for sale my way as I would be handling the 'mini-project' for him
    how about the one advertized above? i bought my 1303 off him.

Quote Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
    are we talking about the burgundy one posted on PW a few days abck or another car?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how about the one advertized above? i bought my 1303 off him.

??

konsi konsi?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

??

konsi konsi?
    this one https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/veh...2s-sale-lahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. no pics
    2. in lhr....can't say if someone can be trusted to check it out, make a deal, and send it over to khi :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

are we talking about the burgundy one posted on PW a few days abck or another car?
    No Storm, i dont think thats the one... the one im talking about is a new one..

great....would love to see the project details.

i have a dream / a mission rather to build a Hebmuller someday...if you have the inspiration, take up that project! I'll build you a customized Heb...a real show stopper! come over when you have time and i'll share the idea

Guys,

Well, here comes a deal for the bugofied friend of yours...

1973's Bug
    One owner
    Ready to go on to a little care and love. In short, needs a restoration.

For the asking price, you know how to contact me off the thread.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List