Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 484 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
    Well, here comes a deal for the bugofied friend of yours...

1973's Bug
    One owner
    Ready to go on to a little care and love. In short, needs a restoration.

For the asking price, you know how to contact me off the thread.
    once the deal is done please share some pics,.. the car sounds like it might have alot to show us.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

How did the parts meet at Romano's place go. Any stuff remaining to be grabbed up?
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    great....would love to see the project details.

i have a dream / a mission rather to build a Hebmuller someday...if you have the inspiration, take up that project! I'll build you a customized Heb...a real show stopper! come over when you have time and i'll share the idea

Guys,

A close friend has finally been bitten by the *bug mania* and is looking for a later model beetle...preference is not to acquire a body off build project but something that can be fixed with a little love and care...will be his daily driver.

Pls forward leads of any 70 or later model beetles for sale my way as I would be handling the 'mini-project' for him
    Any news on the 73 bug? have you contacted the guy...if not then do let me know as one of my friend is also interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    once the deal is done please share some pics,.. the car sounds like it might have alot to show us.
    Sure thing! let's hear from Farrukh first...
    I roll on a shell

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ SS

Is the 73 a standard Beetle or a Super?
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    @ SS

Is the 73 a standard Beetle or a Super?
    I dont know.... let Farrukh update us all..
    I roll on a shell

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    @ Storm

How did the parts meet at Romano's place go. Any stuff remaining to be grabbed up?
    all parts are under lock and key till we have done a complete inventory and have confirmed the prices from Nasir, nothing will go up for sale till this weekend.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm

When will the parts list ready?
    Has the other box arrived yet?

I do hope it'll be done by the weekend. Sat or Sun ideal.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1 View Post
    @Storm

When will the parts list ready?
    Has the other box arrived yet?

I do hope it'll be done by the weekend. Sat or Sun ideal.
    KP and romano will be with me shortly, will see wht needs to be done to get the stock (prices etc) ready for this weekend.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

KP and romano will be with me shortly, will see wht needs to be done to get the stock (prices etc) ready for this weekend.
    I need side view mirrors (both sides) for my 74....pls let me know if available.
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhahmed View Post
    I need side view mirrors (both sides) for my 74....pls let me know if available.
    I got a list of the inventory just now (have to convert from dollars to rupees) and sadly there are none in there this time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Guys! Just thought I 'd share some pics of the split window that I have started restoring...at a slow pace though - working on it on Sundays only.

Once the outer panels and body are restored, I 'll take the body off to restore the underside and insides of the body. While the body 's being paint prepared, I 'll work on the chassis and mechanicals...

you guys are the experts, any ideas, suggestions, parts sources would be welcome.

Some pics starting from as bought and work in progress....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99245 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99246

before cleaning it up

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99247 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99248 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99249 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99250 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99251

washing it was fun...
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99253 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99254

body work in progress.....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 99257 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 99258 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 99259 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 99260 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 99261

Dr. Asad's visits are always welcome and useful

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99266 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99267 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99268 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99269 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -99270
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    1947 Lincoln Continental V12 Cabriolet, 1965 Ford Mustang V8 289 Convertible, 1954 Austin Healey 100 BN1, 1952 Citroen Traction Avant, 1969 Fiat 500 Lusso, 1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton truck, 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood, 1938 Triumph Tiger 100, 1941 BSA M20 with sidecar, 1949 Triumph Speed Twin with sidecar, a 1968 VW and a 1951 Volkswagen Split Screen......previously owned; 1949 Mercedes SV 170, 1949 Jaguar Mk V, 1950 MG TD, 1958 Austin Healey Sprite, 1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville, 1967 Daimler V8 250, 1967 Pontiac Firebird, 1954 Mercedes 300B, 1958 Mercedes 180D moon roof, 1971 Mercedes 280S, 1933 Chrysler, 1963 Mini Austin, 1961 Fiat 500 Nouva, 1979 Audi 100 5E Coupe, 1979 BMW 730 and a 1964 Triumph TR4

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just one word: WOW!!!!

I'm rendered speechless. I'm so glad to see this car finally gone to a caring home for the full restoration it deserves. And by the looks of things, this'll be one hell of a resto.

This '51 Split, I believe, is the Grand-Daddy of all VWs in Pakistan. The oldest known Volkswagen to my knowledge. I very nearly bought it myself way back in 2001 or '02, but the true owner (alive back then) was mad (literally) and kind of scared me, and the sons were greedy. I stupidly backed out.

I'm sure as you've realized, you have quite a specimin. Most of the rare parts are there, and mercifully, that Split dash is un-butchered and unmolested. Finding replacement parts in PK for a Split is an oddessy of epic proportions, obviously.

Is it sitting on its correct 16in rims? It appears the engine is of a slightly later vintage, probably a late '50s 36hp. That "W" decklid looks tasty!!

Best of luck Mohsin Uncle. Please do keep us updated here, I'm sure all of us will be glad to contribute in every way we can.

P.S....can you PLEASE tell us some history about this particular, I'm sure she has quite a story to tell. How did it end up on the sunny shores of Karachi? The official VW dealership/importing didn't start until 1954 I think.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    My heart is a Flat 4!! 62' VW Type-1, 76' VW Sunroof SuperBeetle... To me my VolksWagen, to you yours...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassanazeem View Post
    price?

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinikram View Post
    Hi Guys! Just thought I 'd share some pics of the split window that I have started restoring...at a slow pace though - working on it on Sundays only.

Once the outer panels and body are restored, I 'll take the body off to restore the underside and insides of the body. While the body 's being paint prepared, I 'll work on the chassis and mechanicals...

you guys are the experts, any ideas, suggestions, parts sources would be welcome.
    Sir you have the right skills and asad has all the knowledge needed to bring her back. the only suggestino is that you spend alot of time reading about the split. here is a list of some useful sites i can think of off th etop of my head.

thesamba.com
    oldbug.com
    CIP1.com
    VWheritage.com

if ever needed, the ISB bunch are only a phonecall away.

Good luck and keep us drooling!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

price?
    No Idea... Looks like a decent resto tho...
    My heart is a Flat 4!! 62' VW Type-1, 76' VW Sunroof SuperBeetle... To me my VolksWagen, to you yours...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No Idea... Looks like a decent resto tho...
    it looks liek a twin to the one khalid electrician built a few months/1year back,.. for some reason i recall seeing these pics before and discussing it with romano as well. the car looks absolutely stunning in the pics. depending on how much he's asking it could be a good purchase for anyone wanting to buy a VW.

also summers are the best time to buy a VW as everyone is dying in the heat and gets desperate to sell them,.. LOL! we really have become a nation of softies who can't live without an AC. i love driving my VW's in the evening,.. just puttering along at 40 in a high gear,.. so pleasant, so laid back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Lol! yea... Also saw another one for sale at the Caltex station in F-6 markaz. Was a white one with karachi number... looked like a pre 70's but not sure as i dont know that much abt bugs...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ Lol! yea... Also saw another one for sale at the Caltex station in F-6 markaz. Was a white one with karachi number... looked like a pre 70's but not sure as i dont know that much abt bugs...
    that white one is in desperate need of some restoration. looked to be a 70-72 1302 to me but i only saw it as i drive by.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm;

its a 1971 1302.flat windscreen n large front end gave it away

Hamxa's also seems to be a 1302.
    if its an S it should be a 1600.
    correct me if im wrong ?
    -I see the world through "mustang tinted" designer shades baby, and i'm pretty damn proud of it!-1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 or Bust!!!-

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List