Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 484 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    any chance you'd have a blueprint of the original rollcage for the 181 or 182? this is my next priority for the thing and i MUST get one fabricated as soon as possible.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Roll cage for the 182! Wow, this means serious driving, and something I HAVE to see! :-)
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1 View Post
    I feel the same, honestly.

To make matters worse, I've heard from a couple of sources that back around '99-2000, a black 356 coupe miraculously turned at Shershah in KHI, that was scrapped.

Not knowing what the hell to make of, or even do, with this 'Foxy jaisi gaari', the scrappies, in their eternal wisdom, solemnly proceeded to hack up the poor Tub into a million pieces. An act of unspeakable barbarity...

But then again, every time I see an old VW abandoned under a tree, 'strictly not for sale' by its 'possessive' owner, or one showing up at the scrappies at the end of its useful life, a part of me dies too.

On the bright side, I'm hoping to check out a 1-owner '64 Bug supposedly somewhere in town very soon. Should be interesting.
    sorry for picking this so late.. BUT I know of this certain 356 (it was coated with black oil) - I honestly wanted to shoot the so called owner in the head when I saw he traded it to a scrappy.. Even when I was offering good money for this car and he deliberately gave it to the scrappy - as he had a bill to settle - this certain owner was a mechanic who had this car and a Heckflosse 190D mercedes lying around for about 30 odd years in the back of his workshop near Pak Colony

argghhh..

Im gonna kick my neighbor's cat now
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    @asad
    any chance you'd have a blueprint of the original rollcage for the 181 or 182? this is my next priority for the thing and i MUST get one fabricated as soon as possible.
    Im afraid I would not be able to help you with this. I did see a Thing with an original roll cage at a garage but that project has long since been completed. The owner keeps a low profile so it would be very difficult to trace him leave alone get measurements or such.

I can try asking another enthusiast who has a couple of Things at Basit denters for resto. I dont remember clearly but maybe one of them has a roll cage.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    sorry for picking this so late.. BUT I know of this certain 356 (it was coated with black oil) - I honestly wanted to shoot the so called owner in the head when I saw he traded it to a scrappy.. Even when I was offering good money for this car and he deliberately gave it to the scrappy - as he had a bill to settle - this certain owner was a mechanic who had this car and a Heckflosse 190D mercedes lying around for about 30 odd years in the back of his workshop near Pak Colony

argghhh..

So this urban legend is true after all......

Im guessing an ownership dispute or a paperwork glitch that resulted in the idiot selling the car to the scrappers.....

Too bad no one spotted it before the murder.....
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

thanks buddy ...

i'm a huge fan of fweem in a beautiful stock/original VW (like salman or fadees cars), but in my or KPs car fweem would be really out of place.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    any help would be appreciated

@romano
    the thing is currently roadworthy, but now it must be "off-roadworthy"

@fadee
    dude, that's just the truth.

sorry for picking this so late.. BUT I know of this certain 356 (it was coated with black oil) -
    i think i just died a little....

argghhh..

let me know when you're done so i can run it over.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ykkocorp

thank you v mch sir ...i had the pleasure to view ur profile and take a look at ur cars imust say im impressed the cars u have are still brand new yes brand new is the right word...sir i have mailed u plz reply to tht my email would be fawaz.siddique@gmail.com thanks for the apericayion again ...

Quote Originally Posted by ykkocorp View Post
    ALLAH mubarak kare, indeed one of the excellent car from german engineering.
    If need any help regarding aquiring parts do let me know. I can provide you with the copy of owners manual if yours is missing. I too am fond of Mercedes and MASHALLAH I have in my collection W110 240D 1966, W115 220 1972, W123 240D 1984 and W208 CLK230 2001 cabriolet you may visit pakwheels for the pics. Again take care and enjoy your ride.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fadee, stop sucking up to him. After yr purchase of the Merc, and 'forgetting' the white Beetle, in fact harassig me to sell it for you, sharam nahe atttee? Chamach bhar pani maen dooob mar! :-)
    You are now officially an 'untouchable' an acchhooot, though if I may say so myself, the pronunciation variants gives us more than one term for you ....
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default :)

@Romano

hahahahahahahha i enjoying reading the post man lolz!!!!! ifact i loved it you know what i took my first love out for a ride (i repeat my first love man ) here are a few pics as a proof!!!!!! lolz lolz

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    Fadee, stop sucking up to him. After yr purchase of the Merc, and 'forgetting' the white Beetle, in fact harassig me to sell it for you, sharam nahe atttee? Chamach bhar pani maen dooob mar! :-)
    You are now officially an 'untouchable' an acchhooot, though if I may say so myself, the pronunciation variants gives us more than one term for you ....
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122122

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asad thanks alot for coming over to the mehcanic's the other day and giving me some professional advice, btw any update on the Steering Wheel ?
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - celebrity pictures lawless pms

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All does anyone know where, can I get the Main petrol pipe that goes from the Filler to the Petrol Tank from ? My LPG-Petrol conversion is on hold because of this.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    @All does anyone know where, can I get the Main petrol pipe that goes from the Filler to the Petrol Tank from ? My LPG-Petrol conversion is on hold because of this.
    you could try your local mechnic, scrap yard/kabaria or if you want a new one i'm sure mid-america motorworks could source you one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Thanks, I hope I get it tomorrow, I mean today it's passed 12am.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque View Post
    So this urban legend is true after all......

Im guessing an ownership dispute or a paperwork glitch that resulted in the idiot selling the car to the scrappers.....

Too bad no one spotted it before the murder.....
    Its true as I had seen this car and was on for buying it, it had seats and all, the engine was spinning by hand, but some few bits were missing like - the gear linkage, pedal box and brake master cylinder, other than some broken glass on all lights it was in good metal... But buried like 6 inches into the ground.. They used to throw oil on this Kachwa jaisee FOXY, the asswipe did not know it was a PORSCHE (as it had no emblems)

You are exactly right - the former KMC removed this car as a road encroachment from Nazimabad or I think near the Karachi zoo somewhere - and this mechanic knew the owner and also some rishwatkhor in the KMC - anyways - If I recall correctly it was a Bahawalpur or something car - and was missing some papers..

For all you guys inquiring about exhausts - there are some fabricators in Karachi that can make some real real nice copies if you give them a good sample and agree to their prices.. It would be a press- cut - weld job like the original item..

OR you can visit some crafty exhaust welders and blacksmith - like Gohar in DHA, .. he will take his sweet time but will make you an original copy of the item - and he knows how to make it fweem too.. (ahh long memories of my 1.6 1302 BUG).. Used it everyday - even driving between cities at 70 or 75 mph.

I also used him to make me the little covers that go on the heat riser outlets on the air shroud - and also a hand made heat riser, as mine was busted out in the middle.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For all you guys inquiring about exhausts - there are some fabricators in Karachi that can make some real real nice copies if you give them a good sample and agree to their prices.. It would be a press- cut - weld job like the original item..

OR you can visit some crafty exhaust welders and blacksmith - like Gohar in DHA, .. he will take his sweet time but will make you an original copy of the item - and he knows how to make it fweem too.. (ahh long memories of my 1.6 1302 BUG).. Used it everyday - even driving between cities at 70 or 75 mph.

I also used him to make me the little covers that go on the heat riser outlets on the air shroud - and also a hand made heat riser, as mine was busted out in the middle.
    it's members like you who keep this thread interesting, i'm sure members will seek out this guy as exhausts are a major issue for many people.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    @Asad thanks alot for coming over to the mehcanic's the other day and giving me some professional advice, btw any update on the Steering Wheel ?
    Well it was a pleasure to meet you . Why dont you post your bugs pics up here??? Its a good project.

I do not know you closely but if you are up to the challenge, rebuilding a VW makes one learn many things. If you follow the advice of people having experience (which may be read as people who have made mistakes in the past and seen the results ....like myself!) you would be far better off than if you choose to sail solo....

Don't worry about the steering and other bits. As I said parts are getting a bit tricky to find but stuff does turn up. One has to be patient, that's it.
    I shall try to find you as many bits as I possibly can from my sources.

For the fuel filler pipe you can either hunt one down at the scrappers or you may try your luck trying to find a rubber hose of the correct gauge at a spares market.

The post 68 original filler hose comes in three pieces, a metal short pipe in between two small lengths of rubber hose. To complicate matters further, each connection has a broad rubber band like band to prevent fuel leaks. So understandably these are hard to find in good condition at junk yards and kabarias as Ive observed. Often one needs to combine a couple (or more) of sets to come up with one good set. Try your luck.

Finding a 'universal replacement' all rubber pipe is harder than I thought. I looked around for it several years ago and visited the major markets of Plaza and the market around the famous Longman stores but had no luck. Finally I did find a fixed length of pipe from some other market which I used. Its still in place to this day and does its job.

Not having the pipe should not stop you from starting the bug. Improvise but keep safety paramount. You can design something to plug the filler area snugly for the time being. But I wont advise you to drive with this setup.......safety safety safety!

Keep us updated on your progress....you may pmail me if you have any queries you feel you cant post up here.....

it's members like you who keep this thread interesting, i'm sure members will seek out this guy as exhausts are a major issue for many people.
    Well said,

We do need 'karigars' like these every now and then, be it for an improvisation/'jugar' due to lack of spares.

Can you give us the directions to Mr. Gohar please?? Someone may need to pay him a visit.

I found an old timer silencer walla in the Saddar area who offered to make me a VW muffler from scratch. Two qualities, one cylindrical low budget one and the other a close replica of the original thing......Havent tried him though as I was only getting a muffler repaired from him....

Im going to post some VW pics Ive just offloaded from my cell phone.....random snaps.....I m posting as Ive recently learnt the hard way that hard drives can crash making one lose all data.....

Might as well share, although out of place......

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122593

This was a lahore reg 1302 at one of my mechanics place. Was brought there by a Driver who said his 'sahab' could sell it.

It was an original AC car though many parts were missing/swapped/screwed. It was getting its front disc brakes fixed. I had to make a swift getaway after the driver was told by the people there that 'in dactar sahab kay pass is gari ka har saman hota hay'

The engine compartment with some closeup shots of an attempt to make a compressor fit.....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122595 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122596 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122597

Inside the front trunk.....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122598

Oh yes!!!

Forgot to mention.....if you look closely at one of the closeups above, you would see oil leaking from near the distributor.......the oil cooler seals on this car were shot on this car.....

I had asked the driver sahab some questions and asked him stuff like does the car behave this way and that......all of the answers were positive!! This was all the more reason the gentleman literally chased me asking me to 'fix the car up for his sahab'!! Lol!

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122604

Spotted a few months ago in the Marriott parking lot

Close up of one of the most genuine bug's keys Ive seen......snapped at Basit's garage.....

The metal thing you see is a small plaque which came from the dealers in brand new VWs, having the round VW logo and the Chassis number engraved on it. Most owners threw these away or lost them, like most original keys but somehow this has survived....Amazing!.....probably one of a few in the country.....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122689

The two different styles of 68 bug speedos....the classic bigger font came in the early 68 bugs for a few months only being replaced by the later sharper font.

Of course we can have both these types in Km/hr format like the one in my bug.....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122782 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -122783
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This Gohar chap is in DHA phase 2 right across the the mitsubishi workshop.. The give away is the SAAB steel sign - his house/shop is the 4th into the street from the place.. He's repaired porsche exhausts and made some really nice exhausts for mercedes benz etc.

Ive also used Steeltec in Korangi to have them make about 20 exhaust mufflers for BMW E30. They made a very very good quality product - but they only take bulk orders

There is also a guy called Imtiaz who does engine swaps and all, He has also converted a beetle to FWD (lol).. Originally he is an exhaust repairman but he has the mind, tools and imagination to create stuff in metal..

I also once used a motorcycle exhaust repairman in Nazimabad Karachi to repair a completely holed beetle german exhaust for a neighbor of mine. He made new sheet metal for it, complete with baffles, resonator etc (which I hot galvanized) - even found me a set of some real nice pea shooters. He knew how to make the pea shooters fweem. (as bikes also use the same exhaust principles for exhaust sound.

If I were in Paki - I wouldve lended you guys my English wheel, its an item that actually removes creases from curved metal.. like the VW fenders. When making new fenders from scratch this item really really helps,

There are some fabricators in Qasba colony and Metroville who make new sheetmetal parts, I had them make me a front radiator/headlamp holder for my deceased freinds BMW E30 diesel

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

IF there is another 356 lying unattended in any location anywhere within the geographical boundaries of Pakistan, I really, really need to get my hands on it.

A little part of me died too...after hearing this sad ordeal.

KMC has blood on its hands...the black 356 coupe and my '60 Bug Ragtop...
    arggh.
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asad I'll post the picture's as soon as possible, will do for the time being I think I'll go for any fuller pipe that can reach the petrol tank and the fuller door.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List