Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 484 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aleem,
    didnt you mishandle and 'lose some VWs already? You just sold a white 66, now you seem to be desperately getting the whole PW community to 'look' for the missing child. Whats up man? Haven't you JUST bought a 63 from Lahore? Whats happening to it? Then there was the case of the blue ragtop you 'left' by the roadside (Bunder road?) and went off to England. If memory serves me right, didnt you send people to several Police stations in Karachi looking for it? Then you had a couple of Beetles in your F6 house, one was the grey Oval you sold to a Qasaee, or similar, and it ended up a rusting hulk in a workshop. Luckily for you Nasir rescued it, otherwise you wold have been responsible for its demise. I worry for you man :-)
    Now you want to 'rescue' any surviving 356 in Pakistan! I am reminded of the riddle, whats worse than being touched by Jack the Ripper? Answer, being fingered by Captain Hook.
    NOW, when are we going to see a nice complete project of the 63? The bar s high, think Salman's and Funky's 66. Over to you :-)
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    Aleem,
    didnt you mishandle and 'lose some VWs already? You just sold a white 66, now you seem to be desperately getting the whole PW community to 'look' for the missing child. Whats up man? Haven't you JUST bought a 63 from Lahore? Whats happening to it? Then there was the case of the blue ragtop you 'left' by the roadside (Bunder road?) and went off to England. If memory serves me right, didnt you send people to several Police stations in Karachi looking for it? Then you had a couple of Beetles in your F6 house, one was the grey Oval you sold to a Qasaee, or similar, and it ended up a rusting hulk in a workshop. Luckily for you Nasir rescued it, otherwise you wold have been responsible for its demise. I worry for you man :-)
    Now you want to 'rescue' any surviving 356 in Pakistan! I am reminded of the riddle, whats worse than being touched by Jack the Ripper? Answer, being fingered by Captain Hook.
    NOW, when are we going to see a nice complete project of the 63? The bar s high, think Salman's and Funky's 66. Over to you :-)
    that oval was a close one,... had that died i think Aleem qould have been in some serious trouble.

@aleem
    if there is a 356 out there you're going to have to rip it from my dead hands
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does anyone know on which page of this thread are the Original Pamphet's/Brochure's of the Beetle on ?
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    Does anyone know on which page of this thread are the Original Pamphet's/Brochure's of the Beetle on ?
    TheSamba.com :: VW Archives - Literature - Type 1/Bug

&

TheSamba.com :: VW Archives - Literature - Type 1/Bug

@all
    next time anyone says that they know who introduced EFI repeat this....

Bosch developed an electronic fuel injection system, called D-Jetronic (D for Druck, German for "pressure"), which was first used on the VW 1600TL/E in 1967. This was a speed/density system, using engine speed and intake manifold air density to calculate "air mass" flow rate and thus fuel requirements. This system was adopted by VW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Citro├źn, Saab, and Volvo. Lucas licensed the system for production with Jaguar.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My uncle had a green 1.6 type 3 fastback with this system, way back in the late 70s in Karachi. Wonder where it is now...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My uncle had a green 1.6 type 3 fastback with this system, way back in the late 70s in Karachi. Wonder where it is now...
    romano, how badly would you want to join me at the ace cafe tonight??

check their website as to what "night" it is tonight (17th)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you lot are in London?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    @all
    next time anyone says that they know who introduced EFI repeat this....
    Ive seen this one in person...
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by au View Post
    spectra et al.

those racks are sensational! can someone please find out who had them made? i'd like one each please. if someone can find out all the who wheres and hows, it would be great.

I dont know who designed them but i do know the fabricator very well. He is called Paa Jee and his shop is in G-8 Markaz near Utility Stores. If anyone is interested to meet him, i can easily arrange that. Storm, Romano and fes other in VWCOP have my number.

He has worked with NUST students on some robots and those robots won some cometition and are now going to Egypt. He is a steady hand with metal. Tried and Tested.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you lot are in London?
    unfortunately never at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    I dont know who designed them but i do know the fabricator very well. He is called Paa Jee and his shop is in G-8 Markaz near Utility Stores. If anyone is interested to meet him, i can easily arrange that. Storm, Romano and fes other in VWCOP have my number.

He has worked with NUST students on some robots and those robots won some cometition and are now going to Egypt. He is a steady hand with metal. Tried and Tested.
    saqib bhai, do you think he'd be able to fabricate a decent rollcage for my VW thing if i give him a few pictures of an original style one?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Storm, take pics, since we wont be there :-(

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Romano - my current car is a '61 (the one from Lahore). I'm collecting parts for it, which is a slow and painful process in this country, for a full restoration soon - yes, but I'm just not hot on the idea of letting her go for 2+ months for a full body off. I'm somewhat paranoid about the car getting stolen or damaged in someone's else's custody over here.

As for the oval, I had no choice but to sell at that point. It wasn't something I wanted to do and regret that I decision every day; the '58 is now owned by someone in Islamabad and was spotted by me a while back. The '60 ragtop was a different story - I had to save the car from scrap (I bought it for 7,000) but had nowhere to store in Karachi, so I paid a chowkidar 500 per month to look after it. The b**tard fleed after 2 months, so I was screwed over.

We all make mistakes, those were some of mine. These cars are getting far too rare (not to mention expensive) for the same sort of thing to be repeated again.

I'm always on the lookout for air-cooled rarities. There are still undiscovered gems out there.

@Sameer: let the 356 be unearthed, then we'll see
    "Made in Germany. Wrecked in Pakistan."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this heavyweight bout I HAVE got to see, Storm and Aleem. Gentlemen, place your bets!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Storm, take pics, since we wont be there :-(
    roger roger,.. only issue i'm having is that i don't have a ride there at the moment,.. trying to see what bus/tube i can take.

Edit: bakerloo line form paddington underground station to stonebridge park. then all i have to do is walk in the direction to abbey road and i'll be there. oh, and my camera batter isn't fully charged,... and the charger is fried so i'll do what i can as i'm also a lousy photographer.

this heavyweight bout I HAVE got to see, Storm and Aleem. Gentlemen, place your bets!
    @romano
    you know i'd kill for a porsche right

@aleem
    after i kill you for the porsche i'll need a lawyer,...

seriously though, it'd be unfair for me to get a porsche as i already have enough projects on my hands. but then again, i'd set fire to my 1303 & thing for a 356...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you all are a quite a bunch pretty much like me.... pikeys LOL

anyways - if you plan to burn your 1303, just call me fire and toss it over muhahaha 2 litre BUG
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think he can
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    saqib bhai, do you think he'd be able to fabricate a decent rollcage for my VW thing if i give him a few pictures of an original style one?
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Spotted VW Type 3 Fastback

Spotted near my mehcanic's workshop today, I guess it belong's to a Navy Seal or something.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -123528 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -123529 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -123530

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Murti,

The grey fastback belongs to Mr. Naseem Mughal, one of our very good friends. You would meet him sometime as he one of the VW enthusiasts in town. He owns this fastback, a 1303 bug, a 1969 Automatic bug and the gem of all, an unbelievably original 74 bug.

Now dont tell me this fastback was spotted at the same area where your 68 is being repaired???

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    If I were in Paki - I wouldve lended you guys my English wheel, its an item that actually removes creases from curved metal.. like the VW fenders. When making new fenders from scratch this item really really......
    Not only you know what an English wheel is, you seem to know how to operate one AND you own one!!! Wow!

I wish you were in Pakistan.....definitely one of the people Id like to meet.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's nice to know, yes it was spotted on the opposite road.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    Spectra,

Can you please ask for a quote on the roof rack and the rear rack???

No one has 'designed' these racks here as they are faithful copies of the original accessories. If these have been made by looking at pictures only, its a very very good job. Im guessing that maybe someone had a roof rack to copy from but the rear rack......I doubt anyone has it.....although I do know of someone having it in Karachi..... but that gentleman is very hard to approach and will definitely not let me borrow the item to make a copy from......

I have done a detailed feasibility on making a roof rack replica locally in Karachi having an original rack to take the actual measurements and design from.

Id like to see if the cost Im coming up with for a single rack is feasible or not compared to Paa Jee's rates
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just got back from the VW aircooled night at the ace cafe,... when i post some of the pics i can assure you many VWCOP members will have heart attacks (specially the bus guys)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List