Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 484 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleem1 View Post
    SOME MISC/HARD TO FIND VINTAGE VW PARTS FOR SALE:

1. Original BLAUPUNKT 'Santos' AM/SW radio (late 60s model), good external condition, missing knobs, may require a servicing
    PKR 2,000

2. Body-Chassis Rubber Seal (Brazilian, fit any Beetle - must for body-off restorations), brand new & unused
    PKR 2,000
    @rebel & @murtaza_murti

I hate to tell you guys that while you were planning on/discussing the radio, it was bought off by me along with the NOS Brazilian Body to Pan Seal last night around 00 : 00 hrs. for Patina.

Plz visit my DIY thread for pictures of the same.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    @rebel & @murtaza_murti

I hate to tell you guys that while you were planning on/discussing the radio, it was bought off by me along with the NOS Brazilian Body to Pan Seal last night around 00 : 00 hrs. for Patina.

Plz visit my DIY thread for pictures of the same.
    OH come on!! No fair!! sigh ...very well...take care of it!! im sure itl act as the last thing needed to "Complete" your build and set the bug off just right !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    OH come on!! No fair!! sigh ...very well...take care of it!! im sure itl act as the last thing needed to "Complete" your build and set the bug off just right !!
    LOL...you snooze..you lose....

..and that goes for @reezwaan too. grab a set of window channels before they are gone..'phir na kehna hamein khabar na huwi..'

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    LOL...you snooze..you lose....

..and that goes for @reezwaan too. grab a set of window channels before they are gone..'phir na kehna hamein khabar na huwi..'
    I am always on the hunt...you know what I mean, dont you?

B/w IF channels are there, trust me I got a pair in store with him.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You bet I would.

But I agree with @nmshaikh: You Snooze You Loose, its a BUG thing!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reezvaan bahi is a ninja , lol poor rebel.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    Reezvaan bahi is a ninja , lol poor rebel.
    Lol @murtaza_murti. I am no ninja man. Its just that my thread subscription pays off. I have opted to be notified by an "instant email" delivered to my pre-configured emails on my BlackBerry. So as soon as you guys post, or any of the guys does for that matter, on the threads I am subscribed to, I get a notification on my hand phone and I follow the link to read the comment immediately (or say most of the times). Thats how I knew about what @Aleem1 was offering first hand and since we have already been talking I dropped @Aleem1 an SMS to book the two items listed on top and he acknowledged via a return SMS and thats how before you even started to discuss abt radio, it was bought off.

B/w thanks to @Aleem1, I have received both items and tell you what, Radio is in MINT Condition (atleast externally). Cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lol @murtaza_murti. I am no ninja man. Its just that my thread subscription pays off. I have opted to be notified by an "instant email" delivered to my pre-configured emails on my BlackBerry. So as soon as you guys post, or any of the guys does for that matter, on the threads I am subscribed to, I get a notification on my hand phone and I follow the link to read the comment immediately (or say most of the times). Thats how I knew about what @Aleem1 was offering first hand and since we have already been talking I dropped @Aleem1 an SMS to book the two items listed on top and he acknowledged via a return SMS and thats how before you even started to discuss abt radio, it was bought off.

B/w thanks to @Aleem1, I have received both items and tell you what, Radio is in MINT Condition (atleast externally). Cheers
    @reezvan...ur tempting me to post comments here only to nag u with notifications...i like u not!!

on a serious note tho, im glad its clean...and its the outside that matters...i personally believe, working or not, it adds that much needed bling on the inside!! completes the car...how about u share some pics to make us a lil more jealous then Mr. instant notification blackberry man??

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@reezvan...ur tempting me to post comments here only to nag u with notifications...i like u not!!

on a serious note tho, im glad its clean...and its the outside that matters...i personally believe, working or not, it adds that much needed bling on the inside!! completes the car...how about u share some pics to make us a lil more jealous then Mr. instant notification blackberry man??
    Oh you took offense...pity, because I didn't mean to be rude.

Anyway, How about making you wait a little for a tease?

B/w its been delivered to my buddy @shahzebulhaq there in Islamabad. He's holding lot of goodies for me beside these two tiny bits. There is more in stock than just a radio buddy. I suggest you wait until pictures are shared on my DIY thread.

If that isn't enough for you to believe that its delivered, I would suggest to please ring up @Aleem1.

Come on pal, its just a BLAUPUNKT SANTOS (Model: 7.639.190) RADIO...Cheers & no hard feelings.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh you took offense...pity, because I didn't mean to be rude.

Anyway, How about making you wait a little for a tease?

B/w its been delivered to my buddy @shahzebulhaq there in Islamabad. He's holding lot of goodies for me beside these two tiny bits. There is more in stock than just a radio buddy. I suggest you wait until pictures are shared on my DIY thread.

If that isn't enough for you to believe that its delivered, I would suggest to please ring up @Aleem1.

Come on pal, its just a BLAUPUNKT SANTOS (Model: 7.639.190) RADIO...Cheers & no hard feelings.
    haha!! nahh mate dint take offence!! n i obviously believe u got it...jsut wanted to see what it looked like...il wait for the thread...and yea yea...i get it...rub it in...as i stated before...i like u not!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dunno how i did that...i did something wrong and now theres 2 quotes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dunno how i did that...i did something wrong and now theres 2 quotes
    Kids ..stop fighting. I am bringing in two Sapphire radios.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kids ..stop fighting. I am bringing in two Sapphire radios.
    I would have asked for one if the Sapphire one is correct for 1965. I would let go of the Blaupunkt I just bought as even if its in decent condition (posted pics on my thread) but still its not correct for 65.

Can I have one while I let go of this Blaupunkt one?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would have asked for one if the Sapphire one is correct for 1965. I would let go of the Blaupunkt I just bought as even if its in decent condition but still its not correct for 65.

Can I have one while I let go of this Blaupunkt one?
    One is a Sapphire V the other a Sapphire VII. I think the Sapphire V would be right for your model year. Will have to confirm though.

These have not been tested so I don't know if they would just sit pretty there or actually work.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One is a Sapphire V the other a Sapphire VII. I think the Sapphire V would be right for your model year. Will have to confirm though.

These have not been tested so I don't know if they would just sit pretty there or actually work.
    If its the CORRECT one then it doesn't matter if it only sits there because most importantly, I want correct parts to be on Patina.

Beside about making it work, I am sure something can be done. I have found out someone who could possibly make all these vintage radios work, thanks to Shaheen Shahid @ Islamabad who gave me the lead to a person who has been fixing these lately as "chota" of an old school radios mechanic

I am in for the correct or closer to the correct one. I will sift through data to check if V is correct or VII and would let you know. All the knobs there? In white?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Giveaways

I have a couple of things which I don't need and might be useful to someone who might need them, the things are:

- Front fender indicators post '73, they're complete. Reflectors, rubber bottom gaskets, lenses, bulbs, top metal covers need buffing though. Here are a couple of pictures for reference:

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277503

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277504

The second thing are dashboard grills without the chrome trims, they have a couple of dented sticks or grills whatever you may them. The clips at the back are all intact and undamaged. Here is a picture to get an idea:

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277505

Whoever wants these parts can have them for free of cost. Contact via PM if anyone wants them.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Between which make Sapphire V and VII are? Bendix or Motorola or Blaupunkt? On another note, according to Samba, Bendix Sapphire V is correct for 66 and VII for 67.

The correct ones for 65 are Bendix Sapphire I & II & III.

Here is the link for reference: TheSamba.com :: Radio Manuals and Instructions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Between which make Sapphire V and VII are? Bendix or Motorola or Blaupunkt? On another note, according to Samba, Bendix Sapphire V is correct for 66 and VII for 67.

The correct ones for 65 are Bendix Sapphire I & II & III.

Here is the link for reference: TheSamba.com :: Radio Manuals and Instructions
    The sapphire V is Motorola I believe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default chopping the vintages...

There are some things I'll never be able to understand and accept about the way things workout in North America. Without going into the details, lets just take the relevant practice of chopping (or parting out as it is popularly called) of perfectly decent cars. Yes it yields parts to keep other bugs alive and yes it is expensive to repair and restore but still.....to chop cars that have so much promise...

I saw an ad on the Samba where someone was chopping an Oval. The car looked fine in pictures and apart from some rusty spots (which VW does not have a few rusty spots?) it was pretty solid. A deal was struck and the owner chopped the rear window section (complete with window glass and trim) and a complete dashboard for me. The dash board contains all switches and speedometer that has a date stamp of 6 /57
    It even has the original speaker behind the grill!

What am I going to do with it?

I have an idea. Watch this space for news as the project evolves.

For now, see the pictures of the massacre.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277528

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277529

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277530

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277531

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277532

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277533

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The still in original colour - L351 Coral red clips arrived today.

The rear clip, complete with glass and trim, nicely protected against breakage in transit

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277534

The other side still has the original cloth headliner

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277535

This part isn't bad either..I've seen worse

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277536

The coral red dash clip. The radio area has been hacked but I have a template from an uncut dash so it should not be a problem.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277537

The other side of the dash showing switches and the speaker. My Oval in Pakistan is going to benefit from these.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -277538

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List