Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 484 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    There are some things I'll never be able to understand and accept about the way things workout in North America. Without going into the details, lets just take the relevant practice of chopping (or parting out as it is popularly called) of perfectly decent cars. Yes it yields parts to keep other bugs alive and yes it is expensive to repair and restore but still.....to chop cars that have so much promise...
    After looking at all these pictures and the ones to follow in the second post on arrival on the two clips, I agree that it was perfectly restorable car and could have been saved, have had she existed here in Pakistan or any place else where the repair costs are lower than what they are in USA.

At least there is one thing that can be argued about such cars being chopped and its that the clips/parts go on to some other cars giving them new life, but that would be the weakest of the arguements. It should have been "saved".

I am sure the title on this one was either not clear or there was no title at all which convinced the pros to cut her up. B/w what about the VIN ID Plate from this particular car? Did you acquire that particular VIN ID Plate too? And what about the other "OVAL ONLY" bits which you would be requiring towards the project? For instance the sunvisor/steering/fuel tank/brake fluid reservoir so on and so forth? Or you wont be requiring those "Oval Only" bits at all?

On another note, I love the state these clips are in with OG Paint and all the tiny bits there in place still. I hope to see these live a new life.

Best of luck with the project that is going to evolve out of these "valueable vintage" cut ups.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    After looking at all these pictures and the ones to follow in the second post on arrival on the two clips, I agree that it was perfectly restorable car and could have been saved, have had she existed here in Pakistan or any place else where the repair costs are lower than what they are in USA.

At least there is one thing that can be argued about such cars being chopped and its that the clips/parts go on to some other cars giving them new life, but that would be the weakest of the arguements. It should have been "saved".

I am sure the title on this one was either not clear or there was no title at all which convinced the pros to cut her up. B/w what about the VIN ID Plate from this particular car? Did you acquire that particular VIN ID Plate too? And what about the other "OVAL ONLY" bits which you would be requiring towards the project? For instance the sunvisor/steering/fuel tank/brake fluid reservoir so on and so forth? Or you wont be requiring those "Oval Only" bits at all?

On another note, I love the state these clips are in with OG Paint and all the tiny bits there in place still. I hope to see these live a new life.

Best of luck with the project that is going to evolve out of these "valueable vintage" cut ups.
    As I have no intention of restoring this particular Oval I did not care about the VIN or the title. BTW there is a way around the 'Title less' cars. A lot of people sell their titles and tags along with frames. There is at least one company that provides the service of providing titles from old records.. so where there is a will....

I have almost all the smaller Oval only bits that I had stashed away in my attic. The first priority would be my Oval ragtop. I'll have plenty of left-overs to use in this project.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@reezvan!!! i soooo have my eyes on that radio now...should u decide to part with it, il be glad to take it off ur hands!!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    @reezvan!!! i soooo have my eyes on that radio now...should u decide to part with it, il be glad to take it off ur hands!!
    First lets hope that the "complete" Sapphires make their way to Pakistan and then if one goes into my dash, I promise you to add in the list of those who want this radio. @shahzebulhaq & @AsadIshaque are included there already

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats so kind of u!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ASALAM-O-ALAIKUM
    i love Volkswagen but don't know much about them , i've planed to buy beetle or golf and today i saw a golf looking fairly clean it was 1984 and has a badge saying GolfC , although i liked her and she was for sale having 1.5l diesel engine interior looks clean left hand drive islamabad registered on owners name and the owner says it has very few rust and he was asking RS:250,000 , so i need suggestion from u that is this price fair ? how much should i bargain ? what will be the maintenance cost ? it will be my daily drive , should i go for it ?
    and if some one from this club can visit with me that would be great favor
    looking forward for ur help
    Regards
    Atif
    Dream is not what you see while you sleep , it is what that don't let u sleep .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atif11 View Post
    ASALAM-O-ALAIKUM
    i love Volkswagen but don't know much about them , i've planed to buy beetle or golf and today i saw a golf looking fairly clean it was 1984 and has a badge saying GolfC , although i liked her and she was for sale having 1.5l diesel engine interior looks clean left hand drive islamabad registered on owners name and the owner says it has very few rust and he was asking RS:250,000 , so i need suggestion from u that is this price fair ? how much should i bargain ? what will be the maintenance cost ? it will be my daily drive , should i go for it ?
    and if some one from this club can visit with me that would be great favor
    looking forward for ur help
    Regards
    Atif
    hmm..golf eh?? maybe sameer can shed some light here...
    i myself know very little about golfs, but as with any old car, a 1984 will be somewhat unreliable for a daily driver...if u can live with that then great!! also, VW parts are extremely hard to source...so if u break something...ul end up waiting for a month at times...more still if ur lazy...just a few days ago, my bug was stranded for a week cuz the starter motor went bust...that is no discouragement tho!! sourcing parts is the fun bit!! get a VW once...ul never like a Japanese car again!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    hmm..golf eh?? maybe sameer can shed some light here...
    i myself know very little about golfs, but as with any old car, a 1984 will be somewhat unreliable for a daily driver...if u can live with that then great!! also, VW parts are extremely hard to source...so if u break something...ul end up waiting for a month at times...more still if ur lazy...just a few days ago, my bug was stranded for a week cuz the starter motor went bust...that is no discouragement tho!! sourcing parts is the fun bit!! get a VW once...ul never like a Japanese car again!

actually i like to hunt for parts and i love to live with that and i am also lazy .......... i think sourcing parts would not be too much big issue as we got many members to help , aren't we ? r we can some time import them from germany ... and i could learn very much , so what u say should i hit the deal , what about price ? is this fair ? 250000 ?

@storm
    sameer bhai ! i would like to have ur comments plz suggest .......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    I have a couple of things which I don't need and might be useful to someone who might need them, the things are:

- Front fender indicators post '73, they're complete. Reflectors, rubber bottom gaskets, lenses, bulbs, top metal covers need buffing though. Here are a couple of pictures for reference:

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 277503

Whoever wants these parts can have them for free of cost. Contact via PM if anyone wants them.
    I'd love the fender indicators for my thing, I gave mine away to someone who needed them desperately only to realise too late that I could not find replacements.....
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I'd love the fender indicators for my thing, I gave mine away to someone who needed them desperately only to realise too late that I could not find replacements.....
    I thought you were going to have smaller (older style) taillights and corresponding old style smaller indicators up front. Change of plans?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atif11 View Post
    actually i like to hunt for parts and i love to live with that and i am also lazy .......... i think sourcing parts would not be too much big issue as we got many members to help , aren't we ? r we can some time import them from germany ... and i could learn very much , so what u say should i hit the deal , what about price ? is this fair ? 250000 ?

@storm
    sameer bhai ! i would like to have ur comments plz suggest .......
    For a clean 1.9d that is a decent price. Expect to spend Money on it though.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I thought you were going to have smaller (older style) taillights and corresponding old style smaller indicators up front. Change of plans?
    Tail lights are on, but beggars can't be choosers....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Consider them yours
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For a clean 1.9d that is a decent price. Expect to spend Money on it though.
    yea already had planed to spare some bugs to spend after buying
    and what is 1.9d ?
    thanks for the reply

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tail lights are on, but beggars can't be choosers....
    You guys are just impossible....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278617

Bug for sale... how much should it be for??
    My heart is a Flat 4!! 62' VW Type-1, 76' VW Sunroof SuperBeetle... To me my VolksWagen, to you yours...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Save the Hacked up 1970 1200 Deluxe...Anyone?

Yesterday I was called up by a Kabari here in Multan who happened to hack up an "on road" 1970 1200cc Deluxe Bug and is all set up to cut her up. Upon his call I happened to visit him immediately to have a look and here is what I found:

1970 1200cc Deluxe - seems pretty "complete" except instrument panel (Japenese steering wheel/column)
    Registration Plate Karachi (K-5936) - Both Engine & Chassis Number are Matching and Correct to the year
    Silver & Black (Has lots of filler)
    IS Start and On Road but motor is @ 40%/45%
    Radial/Alloys
    Tax paid till June 2006 (6 periods short @ 1300/period)
    Floor all rotten/under hood & spare wheel well all rotten
    Has new computerized registration book with complete return file in tact
    Owner Asking Rs. 50,000 (his purchase price is 40K)

Here are a few pics, in case anyone would be interested drop me a PM for contact info of the person who now has the ownership (Kabari). But if you could make up your mind, please BE QUICK coz I dont think he would wait for anything more than a couple of days:

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278767 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278768 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278769 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278770 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278771 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278772 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278773 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278774 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278775 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278776 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278779 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278780 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278781 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278782 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -278783

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You guys are just impossible....
    I've got the small tail lights on my thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassanazeem View Post
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 278617

Bug for sale... how much should it be for??
    There is no universal price, it's all down to spec, condition,etc...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@reezvaan
    If he's got 4 steel original & straight 4x130 wheels I'll send the cash right now

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List