Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 331 of 484 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brothers ,
    Can anyone please tell me if anyone is selling a 1303S.
    the 1600cc in karachi.
    Please do let me know
    Vision, Control, Determination are three components of modern day race car driving... Speed is a by product.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muj_talpur View Post
    Brothers ,
    Can anyone please tell me if anyone is selling a 1303S.
    the 1600cc in karachi.
    Please do let me know
    rather than narrowing your search for the "S" model, try looking for a simple 1303 as well and then converting the engine to 1600 with a sleeve set AND getting a disc brake conversion.

the somple model doesn't have the long ratio gearbox either but the intermediate one is good enough if you go for the 1600 conversion. so note the 1300DP engine (AR-series) is no slouch either.

Good luck with your search.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default The coffee bug is for sale!

Hello Asad and all you VW fans!
    I feel the time has come for me to depart with my beloved beetle
    She's a good little car and has given me great pleasure for awhile now
    If anyone is interested please don't hesitate to ask me about it.
    I would be especially willing to sell it to someone who wants to use it in a coffee shop spawned from the pulp fiction era but I'm sure my dreams are as foolish as the idea may seem to some
    I also dont like using the word sell when it comes to beetles, perhaps exchanging hands is more appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by raheeljessa View Post
    Isn't she a beaut??
    Especially love the coffee colour!!!

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 178779 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 178780 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 178781 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 178782

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    rather than narrowing your search for the "S" model, try looking for a simple 1303 as well and then converting the engine to 1600 with a sleeve set AND getting a disc brake conversion.

the somple model doesn't have the long ratio gearbox either but the intermediate one is good enough if you go for the 1600 conversion. so note the 1300DP engine (AR-series) is no slouch either.

Good luck with your search.
    Guru jee anta samjh nahi hunda,"note the 1300DP engine (AR-series) is no slouch either."
    now parts regarding brakes conversion , well brakes are something i do want to trust and changed drum wont let that happen, whats the point if i have to convert anything. ORIGINAL ROXXX. am big fan of original. Plus the car is aimed for someone special to me hence I wont be taking any risks, I already have a pearl under my command. ...
    Vision, Control, Determination are three components of modern day race car driving... Speed is a by product.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guru jee anta samjh nahi hunda,"note the 1300DP engine (AR-series) is no slouch either."
    the 1303 comes with a 1300 dual port engine (AR-series), the 1303S comes with a 1600 dual port (AS-series). the 1300 is pretty quick and is only 6hp down on the 1600.

now parts regarding brakes conversion , well brakes are something i do want to trust and changed drum wont let that happen, whats the point if i have to convert anything. ORIGINAL ROXXX. am big fan of original. Plus the car is aimed for someone special to me hence I wont be taking any risks, I already have a pearl under my command. ...
    i've got an original disc brake conversion (ATE/VW) for my 1303 which is better than any original set in PK as it is new and designed for the 1303 (this is what i meant by conversion). i'd never suggest a local conversion using jap parts as they are a disaster waiting to happen in ANY car. my 1303 was a 1300 do i had to get the disc kit from the UK as i had drums.

when doing the brakes i'd suggest you also go for a new master cylinder as well as it MUST be changed when rebuilding a car. most VWs (sadly) have had hard lives in PK and brakes are a HUGE priority.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the 1303 comes with a 1300 dual port engine (AR-series), the 1303S comes with a 1600 dual port (AS-series). the 1300 is pretty quick and is only 6hp down on the 1600.

i've got an original disc brake conversion (ATE/VW) for my 1303 which is better than any original set in PK as it is new and designed for the 1303 (this is what i meant by conversion). i'd never suggest a local conversion using jap parts as they are a disaster waiting to happen in ANY car. my 1303 was a 1300 do i had to get the disc kit from the UK as i had drums.

when doing the brakes i'd suggest you also go for a new master cylinder as well as it MUST be changed when rebuilding a car. most VWs (sadly) have had hard lives in PK and brakes are a HUGE priority.

Guru jee speed is nver the aim. Its just that i want an "S" surely now you have enlightened me with your wisdom I will look into the matter. Infact i did check a 1303 when i began my search. The engine was not dual port. It was single port. That would make is AR series engine, I will try to find a AS series engine in 1303, and the break job well personally i will be flushed out once i get the car so the fancy disk break can be done later. thanx for the advice. Now another problem, I have to change the TYRES of my pearl, its running on some general tires, Please tell me the size pearl runs on original rims. Secondly , I think .. its a hunch but my engine has been changed coz the engine on papers start with D while the number on engine starts with 122. So that means it has been changed, Now i m running it on a 28 PICT/2 Carby , I was thinking should I upgrade it to 30 PICT/2 actually my mechanic has one in good condition so was thinking to do the swap.

Soo two thing TYRES and Carby ... HELP PLEASE GURU JEE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guru jee speed is nver the aim. Its just that i want an "S" surely now you have enlightened me with your wisdom I will look into the matter. Infact i did check a 1303 when i began my search. The engine was not dual port. It was single port. That would make is AR series engine, I will try to find a AS series engine in 1303, and the break job well personally i will be flushed out once i get the car so the fancy disk break can be done later. thanx for the advice. Now another problem, I have to change the TYRES of my pearl, its running on some general tires, Please tell me the size pearl runs on original rims. Secondly , I think .. its a hunch but my engine has been changed coz the engine on papers start with D while the number on engine starts with 122. So that means it has been changed, Now i m running it on a 28 PICT/2 Carby , I was thinking should I upgrade it to 30 PICT/2 actually my mechanic has one in good condition so was thinking to do the swap.

Soo two thing TYRES and Carby ... HELP PLEASE GURU JEE

Tyres: Eurostar 175/65R15 all around with the option of 195/65R15 on the rears. larger rears will raise your gearing a little but also increase fuel comsumption (just a bit). for more info CLICK HERE these are great if you want value for money but if you want to spend more there are many more brands to choose from.

Carb: 1200-28PICT, 1300SP-28PICT, 1300DP & 1500-30/31PICT, 1600-34PICT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lets not forget the Nexens.....
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    lets not forget the Nexens.....
    nexens are awesome overall but since the current stock in pakistan (karachi) is 2 years old it is not worth spending too much on them,.. unless the dealer is willing to reduce the price to something more attractive.

the group buy idea is also workable, but we must have cash up front as many people tend to back out at the last minute.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nexens are awesome overall but since the current stock in pakistan (karachi) is 2 years old it is not worth spending too much on them,.. unless the dealer is willing to reduce the price to something more attractive.

the group buy idea is also workable, but we must have cash up front as many people tend to back out at the last minute.
    if we are considering getting nexens at a discounted price as a group, i would love to consider...but it all depends on how discounted they can get... my eurostars make the wheels look tiny and well, i wouldnt mind more grip

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

old stock is like buying used tyres as the develop cracks after a short time... sometimes back i talked to a supplier in karachi for same but he asked price in which i could easily get fresh tyres... maybe if you are planning to buy in groups then one can ask dealers to put some specific size tyres in there next shipment....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there are proper tires available across the border...165 80 R 15 under the brand name JK tyres produced under licence from Continental tyres Germany. I am sure getting those across won't be a big issue. There are plenty of Khepias who bring everything from saris and beetle leaves, Paan parag and everything in between. Lahore may be the place to start the search for a good contact.

We can request Mohsin to find out thru his contacts the price for a set of JK tyres. This way we'll have an idea of bargaining space with the carrier.

Tyre Selector : Products : JK Tyre

in the selction menu, select cars, then Hindustan motors, and then Ambassador..

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    there are proper tires available across the border...165 80 R 15 under the brand name JK tyres produced under licence from Continental tyres Germany. I am sure getting those across won't be a big issue. There are plenty of Khepias who bring everything from saris and beetle leaves, Paan parag and everything in between. Lahore may be the place to start the search for a good contact.

We can request Mohsin to find out thru his contacts the price for a set of JK tyres. This way we'll have an idea of bargaining space with the carrier.

Tyre Selector : Products : JK Tyre

in the selction menu, select cars, then Hindustan motors, and then Ambassador..
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -294594

With white writing on the sides? I am not sure. Dont we have anything more stock look with the JK/Continental?

How about something more like any of these?

Camac 5.60-15 Cross Ply Tyres from Vintage Tyres - Fresh Production
    Firestone 5.60-15 Cross Ply Tyres from Vintage Tyres - Fresh Production

Vintage Tyres: 56015

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 294594

With white writing on the sides? I am not sure. Dont we have anything more stock look with the JK/Continental?
    the ones that I bought did not have the white lettering...maybe they started that later and then again it may just be on one side..

How about something more like any of these?

Camac 5.60-15 Cross Ply Tyres from Vintage Tyres - Fresh Production
    Firestone 5.60-15 Cross Ply Tyres from Vintage Tyres - Fresh Production

Vintage Tyres: 56015
    price might be a consideration here..

16. 06-09-2011, 07:05 AM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 294594

agreed!! white lettering isnt appealing at all!!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    price might be a consideration here..
    Yeah therefore I said "like" these...Camac ones are cheaper though but not cheap enough still.

The fact is that there is no beating prices what we get here in Pakistan for the fact that almost all the tyres are smuggled here. Have had the tyres been imported legally prices would have been close to the one in the international markets.

Does someone know about OEM tyre for Volkswagen Mexico? I mean since Beetle has been produced till 2003 there and there is still a huge number of beetles running around, if we are able to find out who was providing the OE tyres to VW Mexico, we might get to work on getting some OEM tyres for our bugs. Or may be Brazil tyre industry could be looked into too?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx for the help guru jee , i will consider euro star and I have to change all five of them. I will go for 195 option as I think the bigger the tire, the more tire base i will have and the more smooth ride it will be.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Jake Kooser's VW AutoMath Workbook - Ver: 2.0

Imported from my 1965 DIY Thread:

If someone needs to run any kind of VW related automath such as finding gearing ratios, impact of mph reading on their odometers as a result of choosing non-stock wheel size etc., this worksheet can help, with lot more to it.

Just go to index or simply browse through different worksheets in the file to find whatever you are looking to run as automath on your VW.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=38d50927880adb88&resid=38D50927880A DB88!195

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx for the help guru jee , i will consider euro star and I have to change all five of them. I will go for 195 option as I think the bigger the tire, the more tire base i will have and the more smooth ride it will be.
    Sam, can u pls advise him on the pros and cons of larger tyres?
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    Sam, can u pls advise him on the pros and cons of larger tyres?
    Wider tyres mean more grip but it increases rolling resistance and loads the suspension and drivetrain.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List