Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 484 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    If you have an eye on her for quite sometime, how come you dont have pics with you? B/w what is the model on her?

Atleast we are now certain that there are 7 RTs that survive here in Pakistan.
    umm..i dunno...i guess i didnt have that close an eye

il try n take some pics...as for the model...well ur diagnosis is far more accurate than what i could have made... i saw the rims but didnt notice the thick pillars and smaller windows... how about i share more pics and then we decide the exact year??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    thank you reezvaan. @mt i appreciate that you wish to do the diy on your car and it is no rocket science either. The only thing i caution against is the brakes. It is one of the few systems in the car that i recommend that a person trained or experienced should look at. I recommend that you put on an old pair of jeans and an old shirt, take the car to the mechanic who you trust and there at the shop replace the brake switch yourself. (if you change it at home and cannot bleed the brakes properly then getting it to the workshop for the purpose may not be a safe drive)

replacing the switch would involve jacking up the car, lying under the car or removing the front wheel and sticking your head under the fender. Unless the switch was removed fairly recently, you can be sure that there would be a lot of force needed to undo the old switch. Applying this force can make the car unstable if you rely only on the car jack. As a basic rule...anytime that you jack up the car and intend to get under the car even for a quick look you must use jack stands or some sort of a block to work as a back-up if the jack fails and the car starts to fall down. (and it does fall down...i have seen it happen so many times.)
    if you plan to work on your car on a regular basis i strongly recommend investing in a good quality pair of jack stands or if that is not possible, get two large blocks of wood cut that can be used for the purpose. A four brick square arrangement can also work if those are handy. If you cannot find anything from the above list (e.g if you have to do this on the side of the road) just push the wheel that you have taken off under the car. The last measure is not 100% safe but would probably keep the person pinned under the car, if the jack failed, from getting crushed till help arrives.
    I recommend that you watch the mechanic bleed the brake system when he works on your vehicle. Watching it in person is better than watching it on youtube. Bleeding the brakes is a two person job (although there are some gadgets available that allow a single person to accomplish the task. (i haven't used anything like that so cannot vouch for its efficacy)
    tip: I strongly recommend bringing along an old bed sheet, table cover , a sheet of plastic or something to save the seat covers in your car from grease and oil stains. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.
    If you are going to watch the brakes being bled from outside, chances are that the grease covered, mechanics assistant, would be sitting in the drivers seat pumping the pedal as the procedure is completed. (the plastic sheet or the old bed sheet comes in handy at this moment)
    after watching the procedure on one or two wheels, if you feel sufficiently confident, you can ask the mechanic to let you bleed a wheel or two. If you get it wrong (and i don't see why, if you have watched closely) the mechanic can always rectify and you drive away with properly functioning brakes.

Good luck!

okay people you have scared me. I am going to the mechanic for this task. Bachayyy ka dil rakh lete.. Himat barhate... Dara he diya.. So the break job will be done by the mechanic now.
    @reezvan
    i will be waiting for the switch pics when you reach that point on patina.
    Rite now i have got some other matters which need attention, hence have put pearl on the side line. But doesnt mean that i have stopped gathering info. So please keep up the postings
    Vision, Control, Determination are three components of modern day race car driving... Speed is a by product.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    how about i share more pics and then we decide the exact year??
    Sure. But please dont forget to include pictures of the decklid as well as closeup pics of the RT (of interior too if at all possible).

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muj_talpur View Post
    okay people you have scared me. I am going to the mechanic for this task. Bachayyy ka dil rakh lete.. Himat barhate... Dara he diya.. So the break job will be done by the mechanic now.
    @reezvan
    Rite now i have got some other matters which need attention, hence have put pearl on the side line. But doesnt mean that i have stopped gathering info. So please keep up the postings
    When we suggest you to get some job done from a professional, its just because that the job itself is crucial either to your safety or your car's. We all love to play with our hobby cars taking little DIYs time and again but I think the best thing to do about a critical job is to get it done through a professional.

However about jobs which are not as critical as a brake job, we always tend to encourage fellow enthusiasts to get their hands dirty a little and give some love to their beloved bugs theirselves, so that the bugs know how much they are being loved and dont die on us, even when they wanted to, as a reward to all the love we put into them.

I will share pictures as promised, no worries.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aoa all PW members
    i am looking for foxy model 1963 - 1979 .
    if any body have kindly PM me
    i am 4m lahore

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb2288 View Post
    aoa all PW members
    i am looking for foxy model 1963 - 1979 .
    if any body have kindly PM me
    i am 4m lahore
    @haseeb2288

I can assure you that as long as you would use the term "foxy" on this very forum, your posts may not receive the attention you intend them to. Please refer to Volkswagen Beetle as Type-1 instead. That would be more welcomed than the term "foxy".

Having said that, did you go through discussion on acquiring a VW Type-1 on pages 308 through 312 on this very forum, on knowing the ins and outs of buying/owning/maintaining a Beetle? If not, I suggest, you please do that first and pay your undivided attention to posts made by veterans like @nmshaikh and others. Thats because you have a right to know what you are getting into before you just jump into anything that, in the end, you feel you were not ready for.

Once you have gone through the mentioned posts/discussion, if you would still feel like acquiring a Type-1, I am sure we could help you with finding one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Need trunk lid (hood) for 1302, Model 1970. Thanks in advance for any guidance/suggestions.
    Don't drive like you own the road; drive like you own the car!
    Do what you love else love what you are doing!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok bro thanx
    so
    i am looking for Volkswagen Beetle model 1963 -1979 if any one have kindly PM me . left hand drive is the best .
    and i think i am ready for it so let see what happen . i will need your help in completing this .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasifali89 View Post
    hi there guys
    is this an original rag top ?

and whats the model etc
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 300612

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 300613
    Hello All,
    Hope you all would be fine and in great health.
    Yes guys, this is an original 1958 ragtop beetle. The owner is not willing to sell just because he has some attachments with the car. Although some parts are missing, but still it can be restored to its former glory, but needs lots of attention. Just in case, if the owner sell this car somehow...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shakeel View Post
    Hello All,
    Hope you all would be fine and in great health.
    Yes guys, this is an original 1958 ragtop beetle. The owner is not willing to sell just because he has some attachments with the car. Although some parts are missing, but still it can be restored to its former glory, but needs lots of attention. Just in case, if the owner sell this car somehow...
    Thanks for the information on the model @shakeel. Now then, a 1958 RT. Interesting!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashif9099 View Post
    Need trunk lid (hood) for 1302, Model 1970. Thanks in advance for any guidance/suggestions.
    Did you go Shershah market, if not yet so visit there 1st to find the required Hood, because there are 2 or more shops in the market who often buy cars & to scrape & sell spares.
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muj_talpur View Post
    @reezvan
    I guess with age one tends to be a bit more cautious. I opened up my Honda 175 engine to pieces at age 15...and then put it back together without ANY diagrams or youtube etc. (its a different story that I was left with a tin full of nuts, bolts and washers that came off the engine but had no place to go once I re-assembled...so i decided they were not needed in the first place and the Japanese were wrong to put the extra hardware)

Like I said in my post..brakes are one area that you don't take any chances...if you mess up with the engine, the car would stop, if you mess up the electrics the car would not start, but if you mess up the brakes ...the car wouldn't STOP and THAT is a scary thought. The back side of the car in front somehow approaches really fast in such circumstances and if that backside is of a brand new Suzuki or a Toyota 98% plastic....God help them (and you..because you'll be expected to pay for the repair)

Anyway, I suggest you watch the procedure closely when it is performed at the workshop. There is always a next time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashif9099 View Post
    I have one in Pakistan (still in original paint ) I am coming to Pakistan in a week's time Inshallah and can take pictures and send.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have one in Pakistan (still in original paint ) I am coming to Pakistan in a week's time Inshallah and can take pictures and send.
    How about that Original Ruby Red Early Beetle Hood and Decklid? I suppose you want to find a new home for those too? If so, count me in

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about that Original Ruby Red Early Beetle Hood and Decklid? I suppose you want to find a new home for those too? If so, count me in
    the ruby red hood and decklid are for a 64/65. If you want them you can have em. I have an early 4 tab hood too...

I'll be doing a lot of spring cleaning when there so stay alert. I have a super clean rear apron clip for a 65..I don't suppose you'd be interested in that? Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -301296

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -301297

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -301298

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -301299

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the information on the model @shakeel. Now then, a 1958 RT. Interesting!
    Thank you Reezvaan..

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the ruby red hood and decklid are for a 64/65. If you want them you can have em. I have an early 4 tab hood too...

I'll be doing a lot of spring cleaning when there so stay alert. I have a super clean rear apron clip for a 65..I don't suppose you'd be interested in that? Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 301296
    Lol, This one seems familiar...

Book me the ruby red pair...I am all in for the pair!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lol, This one seems familiar...

Book me the ruby red pair...I am all in for the pair!!!
    sure, but you don't have a Ruby red beetle...thinking of getting one?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sure, but you don't have a Ruby red beetle...thinking of getting one?
    I dont have L595 Fontana Grey Bug too for this rear apron so does it mean that I cant have this rear apron too? And why forget the orange front nose clip that waits with @shahzebulhaq...I dont have a orange bug too. I shouldn't have bought that either then? And the pair of orange pre-67 front fenders too...that I bought too from RWP...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont have L595 Fontana Grey Bug too for this rear apron so does it mean that I cant have this rear apron too? And why forget the orange front nose clip that waits with @shahzebulhaq...I dont have a orange bug too. I shouldn't have bought that either then? And the pair of orange pre-67 front fenders too...that I bought too from RWP...
    Ah ha.. now I get it...you are planning on making a Harlequin bug..along the lines of the Harlequin Golf!

1996 VW Golf Harlequin

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List