Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 484 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Since we are talking Swamp Coolers, this would be a helpful "HOW TO" to read:

Homemade 12V Portable Air Conditioning for Your Car

Please read through all steps while browsing all the attached pictures and you would understand how easy it is to build and keep your car below 26C when outside is around 40C - for well over an hour.
    looks promising...but thats where my passenger used to sit

I was more inclined towards the classic swamp cooler look...i would rather go for a cooler that works at speed hanging outside the car complemented by a proper one someplace inside the car...someplace that doesnt take up all the cabin space...maybe in the hood with a duct coming through the radio face plate housing?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    and if im ordering 1 key, i can order 5...anyone else in need??
    Thats the spirit man...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

looks promising...but thats where my passenger used to sit

I was more inclined towards the classic swamp cooler look...i would rather go for a cooler that works at speed hanging outside the car complemented by a proper one someplace inside the car...someplace that doesnt take up all the cabin space...maybe in the hood with a duct coming through the radio face plate housing?
    That share was just a thought...probably more of "Everything is possible" note

Go for replication of Uni-Vents then...its easy and they are efficient: TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - Rare NOS Bug Uni Vents 1949-1977

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ShahJee14 View Post
    lol... atleast we have something on our heads in scorching sun...
    That's what hats are for,... LOL!

Heyy guys!! Does some one have a blank key lying around? i lost my key and need a blank one so i can get it set to my lock. I checked but apparently the 1969 key, (the thin narrow one) is not a shape found in the market anywhere. cant find a blank anywhere even without a VW logo let alone a period correct one...
    Try the key guy in the gully behind kabli in F7

Will be updating the thing thread soon. I've been busy and she needed the work. Updates soon
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@reezvan. thanks! il look into that too over the weekend

@sameer.. thank you!!! il definitely go over!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Keys

I came across this.. can some one tell me what the difference between 'L type' , 'R Type' and 'M type' keys is? honestly, except for the slight notch i the R type in the lower bit.. they are all more or less the same...no?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Keys

I came across this.. can some one tell me what the difference between 'L type' , 'R Type' and 'M type' keys is? honestly, except for the slight notch i the R type in the lower bit.. they are all more or less the same...no?
    Check and compare the position of the key entry lineup grooves on all three of L/R/M types and you would note the difference.

For selection of Correct Key for your bug, go to the "Owner's Manual Section" on the Samba. Open your year manual, on third/fourth page the key profile for your year would be shown in form of key(s) with profile written on it. Now you know what profile is correct for your bug for sure. Fish & buy out whatever profile you want at eBay/TheSamba.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@reezvan. thanks! il look into that too over the weekend
    You can start looking from here: TheSamba.com :: View topic - Is this Uni-Vent or an alternative?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thing thread updated: CLICK HERE
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here's a few highlights from the last few days:

if you need to ask what funky is doing, you don't want to know...
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315185

Funky got his gearbox all fixed up, inside and out
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315186

time to get fresh urethane boots and angle them at 10 or 2 o'clock so they don't wear prematurely
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315187

say hello to the new gearbox mounts
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315188

brake cylinders have also been rebuilt
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315189

on both sides
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315190

Nasirs GT beetle (before)
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315191

Nasirs GT Beetle (after)
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315192

had a visitor come in to see us a few days back. brought one of his car & son along as well.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -315193

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Funky got his gearbox all fixed up, inside and out
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 315186

Nasirs GT Beetle (after)
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 315192
    Were the syncro rings/bearings done too on @funkycapricorn's tranny? If so, who did the job? Mumtaz or Khalid Sb.?

@nmshaikh's Shahzadi (GT Beetle) looks more sober after removal of the stickers. And since Billo was awarded NOC for import back home, cant wait to see her joining Shahzadi sometime soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Were the syncro rings/bearings done too on @funkycapricorn's tranny? If so, who did the job? Mumtaz or Khalid Sb.?

@nmshaikh's Shahzadi (GT Beetle) looks more sober after removal of the stickers. And since Billo was awarded NOC for import back home, cant wait to see her joining Shahzadi sometime soon
    yup, syncros done, sadly the starter needed a rebuild so it isn't on the road yet. maybe today.

no doubt the flames on the GT were a bit of an eyesore, cool thing was that the future owner of the car was the one to remove them (his son). as for the NOC,... you have no idea how excited nasir was. i went with him to go get the paperwork, was like being with a very happy kid (all smiles).

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yup, syncros done, sadly the starter needed a rebuild so it isn't on the road yet. maybe today.

no doubt the flames on the GT were a bit of an eyesore, cool thing was that the future owner of the car was the one to remove them (his son). as for the NOC,... you have no idea how excited nasir was. i went with him to go get the paperwork, was like being with a very happy kid (all smiles).
    We still didn't get to know who replaced the syncros on @funkycapricorn's car? Keen to know this as Patina needs same kind of job sometime soon on her tranny.

About Abdullah removing the flames on Shahzadi, good to know the fact that the next generation VDubbers are already taking up the driving seat

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We still didn't get to know who replaced the syncros on @funkycapricorn's car? Keen to know this as Patina needs same kind of job sometime soon on her tranny.

About Abdullah removing the flames on Shahzadi, good to know the fact that the next generation VDubbers are already taking up the driving seat
    mumtaz changed the syncros. as for the flames, glad to know the car went back to stock, and he's showing major interest in VWs,.. afterall his dad probably has the nicest collection of VW's in PK.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mumtaz changed the syncros. as for the flames, glad to know the car went back to stock, and he's showing major interest in VWs,.. afterall his dad probably has the nicest collection of VW's in PK.
    Good to know that among others known who could work on a tranny, Mumtaz has joined the club of a very few ppl here in Pakistan who could re-do a tranny.

I hope all goes well with the tranny once its mounted and performs flawlessly on the bug.

@funkycapricorn Plz do keep us posted on how does it perform.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good to know that among others known who could work on a tranny, Mumtaz has joined the club of a very few ppl here in Pakistan who could re-do a tranny.

I hope all goes well with the tranny once its mounted and performs flawlessly on the bug.

@funkycapricorn Plz do keep us posted on how does it perform.
    it's possible his father did it as he took the case with him that day. his dad is an ex modern motors mechanic.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Solex 28 pict or 28 pict-1 required

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 315975 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 315976 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 315977 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 315978
    This one is currently mounted on my 1965 Beetle and performing like a champ despite the fact that a few things are messed up about it as can be seen. Butterfly is repaired but is working without leaking.

Having said that, I thought may be it would be a good idea to post the pictures of the same here and try and source a replacement (for future - when there a need be). So if any of you have or know of a piece lying around with someone in better a condition than this piece please PM me. Thanks in advance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Spotted in Lahore over the weekend!

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -316833 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -316834

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This one is currently mounted on my 1965 Beetle and performing like a champ despite the fact that a few things are messed up about it as can be seen. Butterfly is repaired but is working without leaking.

Having said that, I thought may be it would be a good idea to post the pictures of the same here and try and source a replacement (for future - when there a need be). So if any of you have or know of a piece lying around with someone in better a condition than this piece please PM me. Thanks in advance.
    I have four complete 28PICT-1 carbs , all can be used for parts after Khalid sb selects one for our 61. Stay in touch!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahzebulhaq View Post
    I have four complete 28PICT-1 carbs , all can be used for parts after Khalid sb selects one for our 61. Stay in touch!
    That's great news. Please save the next best for me (if possible) once the best one is picked out by him for your 61 project. That would ease me out mentally. I can always pick up two rebuild kits from @nmshaikh - one for the current 28PICT and the other to go on the 28PICT/1 that you would save for me.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List