Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 484 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    Reezvaan. Nice one! I guess they may now realise the critical part a Rally Director plays (woefully absent on this trip) Oh well, maybe next year :-)
    If VWCOP would have organized a Cross Country Rally, I'm sure we would have done a thousand things differently with @nmshaikh & you up-top at the management. To name a few would be to make it a Karachi to Khyber Rally instead of choosing Bhurbun as the endpoint (as it sets a totally different perspective), Appointment of a Rally Director who could lead a team who would have arranged sponsorship, coordinate with media guys, scouting across the whole rally route prior to rally to only to come up with the best suggested route for cars (both safety wise as well as road conditions wise), Route Maps handouts, designated pit stops/service/refreshment areas with media presence for coverage and lot more.

The worst part of the VCCCP rally so far was the fact that people was choosing their own routes and their own batches to rally instead of taking one single route with all the cars travelling together at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I know!! why dont we nominate YOU as the rally director for the rally next year??
    I am all up for Romano as a Rally Director!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well atleast for our leg, they dont have much options at all

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone NOT going to Lahore on Tuesday is welcome to join Zohare & I on Wednesday. We'll be heading out on the motorway on Wednesday and will tie up with the rally at either kallar kahar or Bhera (depending on the departure time & their speeds). This is the last chance for VWCOP members from RWP & ISB to dust off their cars and get them out on the road for a decent run.

Hope to see more members from VWCOP there in participation WITH their cars!!

Also we could use the extra cars as both our cars are already full (mechanics & friends)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 1973 VW Sakbayan

Another of the very least known VWs are Sakbayans...This is a 1973 VW Sakbayan. They are based on the VW Country Buggy - and were produced in the Philippines after the Country Buggy production stopped in Australia. What do you think?!

Jun's 1973 VW Sakbayan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Another of the very least known VWs are Sakbayans...This is a 1973 VW Sakbayan. They are based on the VW Country Buggy - and were produced in the Philippines after the Country Buggy production stopped in Australia. What do you think?!

Jun's 1973 VW Sakbayan
    I always thought it looked like an even bigger turd than the thing,...
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Anyone NOT going to Lahore on Tuesday is welcome to join Zohare & I on Wednesday. We'll be heading out on the motorway on Wednesday and will tie up with the rally at either kallar kahar or Bhera (depending on the departure time & their speeds). This is the last chance for VWCOP members from RWP & ISB to dust off their cars and get them out on the road for a decent run.

Hope to see more members from VWCOP there in participation WITH their cars!!

Also we could use the extra cars as both our cars are already full (mechanics & friends)
    I will try to join u people. Will confirm after I arrange my skip from office.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    If VWCOP would have organized a Cross Country Rally, I'm sure we would have done a thousand things differently with @nmshaikh & you up-top at the management. To name a few would be to make it a Karachi to Khyber Rally instead of choosing Bhurbun as the endpoint (as it sets a totally different perspective), Appointment of a Rally Director who could lead a team who would have arranged sponsorship, coordinate with media guys, scouting across the whole rally route prior to rally to only to come up with the best suggested route for cars (both safety wise as well as road conditions wise), Route Maps handouts, designated pit stops/service/refreshment areas with media presence for coverage and lot more.

The worst part of the VCCCP rally so far was the fact that people was choosing their own routes and their own batches to rally instead of taking one single route with all the cars travelling together at all times.

I am all up for Romano as a Rally Director!
    I had same observations from last year. Was expecting improvement this time.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, so this is the plan. A few of us will be meeting up at around 11am tomorrow (Wednesday the 24th) on the motorway entrance to go till chakri and drive back with the VCCCP & VWCOP guys. Anyone willing to join should bring their cars and let them stretch thier legs a little.

No speeding, no rush, no stress,... Just a simple cruise, so no excuses!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how come we didnt see the thing at Lahore/bhera/chakri? @storm
    Had a great drive though yesterday! Grey matter performed perfectly and super smooth! Billo looked stunning as always! and the oval , even though got to see very little of it was a delight to see just hopping along the motorway!! makes one want to join in from Karachi next year!!
    @reezvaan...are you in Islamabad? i was hoping you would catch up with us on the motorway and we would get to see the legendary patina at last!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how come we didnt see the thing at Lahore/bhera/chakri? @storm
    Had a great drive though yesterday! Grey matter performed perfectly and super smooth! Billo looked stunning as always! and the oval , even though got to see very little of it was a delight to see just hopping along the motorway!! makes one want to join in from Karachi next year!!
    @reezvaan...are you in Islamabad? i was hoping you would catch up with us on the motorway and we would get to see the legendary patina at last!!
    I am partly (or wholly) to be blamed. The guys were ready and waiting to drive off to Kallar Kahar and meet up with you but getting Sally - the 67 Karmann Vert out of her 4 year slumber took longer than anticipated. The unexpected bit was the fuel pump failure and the rock hard fuel pipes that needed to be (found and) replaced. Meanwhile Zohare picked up my kids from school, fed them and kept them company till ....anyway by the time we were done you guys were crossing the toll plaza so we decided to meet up with everyone here in Islamabad at the show.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    I am partly (or wholly) to be blamed. The guys were ready and waiting to drive off to Kallar Kahar and meet up with you but getting Sally - the 67 Karmann Vert out of her 4 year slumber took longer than anticipated. The unexpected bit was the fuel pump failure and the rock hard fuel pipes that needed to be (found and) replaced. Meanwhile Zohare picked up my kids from school, fed them and kept them company till ....anyway by the time we were done you guys were crossing the toll plaza so we decided to meet up with everyone here in Islamabad at the show.
    oh acha! yea khalid sahab mentioned she was readied yesterday...very well...catch you at the show then!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can I ask for a gun from someone - I want to shoot myself now, when I was in Pakistan it was me alone in my superbug or with a goofball of a freind of mine who was usually sleeping in the car on the highways. Even now that I dont have my super, I would love to have brought my diesel VW, and tools/ ramps, etc. to have some fun time on highways

Darn it - &(#(*$)__$5%% - why do these things happen when Im not around...
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how come we didnt see the thing at Lahore/bhera/chakri?
    Because you guys took so long.... :p

Did you notice Romania beetle wasn't there OR at the show today?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

maybe the car needs to be shifted to a better home..what say u??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

maybe the car needs to be shifted to a better home..what say u??
    LOL!!! He's going to kill us.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    can I ask for a gun from someone - I want to shoot myself now, when I was in Pakistan it was me alone in my superbug or with a goofball of a freind of mine who was usually sleeping in the car on the highways. Even now that I dont have my super, I would love to have brought my diesel VW, and tools/ ramps, etc. to have some fun time on highways

Darn it - &(#(*$)__$5%% - why do these things happen when Im not around...
    Best of luck some other time when you'll be here again...
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - tumblr lbby7gHDMo1qdbqzgo1 1280?AWSAccessKeyIdAKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - tumblr lbby7gHDMo1qdbqzgo1 1280?AWSAccessKeyIdAKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q
    Beauty Bug with Natural Beauty!
    Terrific view.
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

....again, I am accepting part of the blame. Romano drove Sally - my Karmann convertible to the show so his car was parked at the house. I also stole his hub caps to put on my 'vert for the show so that may have been the reason.

...and thank you Shakeel for helping me get Sally back home from the show...can't wait till Abdullah is old enuff to drive one of the cars to the shows...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List