Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 356 of 484 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,120 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shakeel View Post
    @Xulfiqar:
    There are three Mk3s Golf in Rawalpindi. All were own my me. Two are of white color and one is in Navy Blue color.
    I've attached the pictures as well, you can view them.
    You forgot rehans cabrio
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    Hi shakeel, how are you doing, we met at Aurangzeb/Javed workshop, i hope you remember!! what about your bug any update of her after handover, and there one golf at World Bank opposite State Bank building in islamabad, dont know if its Mk2 or Mk3 but she is damn well kept......
    @Mahmood:
    Hi, I am good fine thanks. I dont remember but I will recognize, if I meet you again. My bug is standing at my home, it will be done after my Fiat 1100 project is completed.
    What's the color of that golf??
    I guess the car you are talking about is in biscuit color, and its a Mk1. Correct me if I am wrong!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    drool - nice, sweet - I have a freind in isb who has a mk2 and 3 also - I believe you know him too.
    @Xulfiqar:
    Yes, I know him. You're talking about Ali.

@Storm:
    Yes I forgot Rehan's cabrio. Apologies!!!
    There are 4 Mk3's including Rehan's Cabrio.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -332898

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -332899

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -332900

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 25th November 2011

Romano, Mohsin Bhai, Karim sb, Anum and myself in the oval driving back in a memorable ride after having delicious dinner celebrating the hitch free cross country run of a machine that was made by VW some 56 years back.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -332894 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -332895 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -332896 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -332897

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Mahmood:
    Hi, I am good fine thanks. I dont remember but I will recognize, if I meet you again. My bug is standing at my home, it will be done after my Fiat 1100 project is completed.
    What's the color of that golf??
    I guess the car you are talking about is in biscuit color, and its a Mk1. Correct me if I am wrong!
    I bought a Golf mk2 diesel from Sukkur, it was in a closed down workshop, that car was super super clean, no dents, dings whatsoever, the only problem was that its current owner (son of original owner) had lost the antinarcotics auction paper and the deceased owner never transferred it to his name. I tried to get some leads to register it correctly but nothing could be done. And Karachi excise and taxation motor registration were not helping either.

I sold it to an old guy in Karachi when I left Pakistan, who restored his dead but greased mk2 with it. It was more of a number swap kind of thing the guy did with it.

btw yes - Ali Zafar, good fellow when I met him there in isb, I bought some stuff from him too. I love working on mk1 and mk2 Golfs - everything is very simple to work on, they can be worked on with minimum tools and minimum attention. When I come to Pakistan, I'll surely make a journey to meet all of you.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When I come to Pakistan, I'll surely make a journey to meet all of you.
    Try and plan/join a VCCCP/VWCOP Rally when you are here, even better!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahzebulhaq View Post
    Romano, Mohsin Bhai, Karim sb, Anum and myself in the oval driving back in a memorable ride after having delicious dinner celebrating the hitch free cross country run of a machine that was made by VW some 56 years back.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 332896
    Lovely company to go out with buddy.

B/w Oval's RHS Ivory Strap/Coat Hook need to be correctly installed (no pun intended). Not a pretty sight this is I know, but still the mount is correct and firm, in this following picture from Patina (sorry - couldn't find a better pic - this is from pre-DIY time)
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -333338

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the headliner is badly installed - it needs a professional job done on it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the headliner is badly installed - it needs a professional job done on it.
    Ustaad Ishaq (0321 583 3188) can do wonders with VW Interiors there at Babu Mohallah/RWP. All you have to do is to be a perfectionist to get the best out of that guy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Ustaad Ishaq (0321 583 3188) can do wonders with VW Interiors there at Babu Mohallah/RWP. All you have to do is to be a perfectionist to get the best out of that guy.
    I would beg to differ on that one... He did the interior on my VW and while at the face of it, nothing is THAT bad...fine details are anything but fine...i would recommend zaheer Ustad. He did the interior on Khalid Sahabs VW and that guy has quite an eye for detail! also, he shapes seats better than Ishaaq in my opinion...for his number and all, getin touch with Khalid Sahab RWP

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I would beg to differ on that one... He did the interior on my VW and while at the face of it, nothing is THAT bad...fine details are anything but fine...i would recommend zaheer Ustad. He did the interior on Khalid Sahabs VW and that guy has quite an eye for detail! also, he shapes seats better than Ishaaq in my opinion...for his number and all, getin touch with Khalid Sahab RWP
    You missed the point..."you have to be a perfectionist to get the best out of that guy". He did my 70 in 2003/04, and trust me things are pretty detailed and perfect.

However Ustaad Zaheer is known for the VW seats that I know but all of the interior, I wouldn't be too sure unless I see it for myself sometime. May be when Patina's interior needs to be redone, I could have a look.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/roa...eshawar-beetle

I hope Khalid Sb. doesn't get to read the caption under the picture he is pictured in

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bought a Golf mk2 diesel from Sukkur, it was in a closed down workshop, that car was super super clean, no dents, dings whatsoever, the only problem was that its current owner (son of original owner) had lost the antinarcotics auction paper and the deceased owner never transferred it to his name. I tried to get some leads to register it correctly but nothing could be done. And Karachi excise and taxation motor registration were not helping either.

I sold it to an old guy in Karachi when I left Pakistan, who restored his dead but greased mk2 with it. It was more of a number swap kind of thing the guy did with it.

btw yes - Ali Zafar, good fellow when I met him there in isb, I bought some stuff from him too. I love working on mk1 and mk2 Golfs - everything is very simple to work on, they can be worked on with minimum tools and minimum attention. When I come to Pakistan, I'll surely make a journey to meet all of you.
    @Xulfiqar:
    What color was that Mk2??? Can you post the pics if you have them with you.
    Yes, Ali is a good fellow and also have a great knowledge about Volkswagens.
    Mk1's and Mk2 are very simple to work on and one of the best car in the world. They surely rock!
    Yes, do visit us when you visit PAKISTAN. You're always welcome.
    By the way what do u drive in UK?? Please post some pictures of Volkswagen if you have them. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Reezvaan:
    You're right. I agree with you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rebel:
    I wont agree on this.What I think is that you're the only person who needs to keep an eye on each and every detail if you want things to be perfect.
    As reezvaan mentioned "you have to be a perfectionist to get the best out of that guy."
    No offense, Zaheer ustaad is also good but he is a bit expensive as compared to Ishaq and according to me Ishaq is way better than Zaheer ustaad.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rebel:
    I wont agree on this.What I think is that you're the only person who needs to keep an eye on each and every detail if you want things to be perfect.
    As reezvaan mentioned "you have to be a perfectionist to get the best out of that guy."
    No offense, Zaheer ustaad is also good but he is a bit expensive as compared to Ishaq and according to me Ishaq is way better than Zaheer ustaad.
    None taken! but i would believe its better to pay 5K more knowing your end product will be great from a worker whose work is same for every client rather than having to tell the worker, who clearly knows what a good job is, that he isnt doing his best and your repeated visits burning fuel, time and energy bring the cost to the same amount more or less.

The fact that he clearly can do better but willingly chooses not to is reason enough for me to not fall into the same trap twice.

That however is my personal experience and opinion going to him as little more than an acquaintance and im sure his dealings with friends would be much better. It all comes down to priorities in the end really. With little time on my hands, i would pick the more expensive but sure alternate.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The fact that he clearly can do better but willingly chooses not to is reason enough for me to not fall into the same trap twice.
    @rebel clearly has a point here @shakeel but lets say it comes down to the priorities in the end as @rebel said.

Lets say I would recommend both, Ustaad Ishaq & Zaheer to all out there, go see the guys' work and decide for yourself but be sure when you are out there that you are with the best hands in the business in the whole of Pakistan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

None taken! but i would believe its better to pay 5K more knowing your end product will be great from a worker whose work is same for every client rather than having to tell the worker, who clearly knows what a good job is, that he isnt doing his best and your repeated visits burning fuel, time and energy bring the cost to the same amount more or less.

The fact that he clearly can do better but willingly chooses not to is reason enme tough for o not fall into the same trap twice.

That however is my personal experience and opinion going to him as little more than an acquaintance and im sure his dealings with friends would be much better. It all comes down to priorities in the end really. With little time on my hands, i would pick the more expensive but sure alternate.
    @rebel:
    Well you've a point and it all comes down to priorities in the end!
    No hard feelings , just everyone has its own way of thinking and they do what is convenient for them.
    Both are good but I do prefer Ishaq over Zaheer Ustaad.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rebel clearly has a point here @shakeel but lets say it comes down to the priorities in the end as @rebel said.

Lets say I would recommend both, Ustaad Ishaq & Zaheer to all out there, go see the guys' work and decide for yourself but be sure when you are out there that you are with the best hands in the business in the whole of Pakistan.
    @Reezvaan:
    Agreed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ishaq did my 68 and Zaheer did my 1303, both did phenomenal jobs and I never had to say anything to either. They took my initial directions very well and did EXACTLY what i asked for the first time.

For some reason I'm still inclined towards Zaheer though,... Might just be a force of habit.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List