Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 484 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Lets see how many of us know about this...and the function it performs:
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 339970
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    @all
    hint: centre shaft sticks out 35mm
    So despite @Storm giving the hint, I see that no one has answered the trivia.

The above picture displays a VW Factory Tool "VW328b" that VW used to pre-load the fuel pump diaphram (be it first manufacture or service/rebuild of the fuel pump). Pre-loading of fuel pump diaphram is mandatory in order to provide the required tension to the diaphram to generate the correct fuel pressure to reach the carb. If a fuel diaphram is not pre-loaded the fuel pump pressure would either be too high or too low. The correct range of Fuel Pressure generated by the Fuel Pump is 3-5 psi.

If you guys would notice, this tool clearly resembles the mounting location of a Fuel Pump on the Fuel Flinch on a Flat Four. The two side shafts play the mounting bolts' while the central shaft (about which @Storm has talked in his hint) plays the central shaft which moves up/down to operate the mechanical fuel pump.

One thing however is noteworthy, that on 36hp and earlier motors the central shaft sticks out to a top height of 35mm while on 40hp and later engines, this top height measurement is 14mm.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's how @nmshaikh's 1954 Oval RagTop is going to look from the top
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 339624

Exciting times ahead people!
    mine does not have pop outs or the convertible W decklid.. yet

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The above picture displays a VW Factory Tool "VW328b" that VW used to pre-load the fuel pump diaphram (be it first manufacture or service/rebuild of the fuel pump). Pre-loading of fuel pump diaphram is mandatory in order to provide the required tension to the diaphram to generate the correct fuel pressure to reach the carb. If a fuel diaphram is not pre-loaded the fuel pump pressure would either be too high or too low. The correct range of Fuel Pressure generated by the Fuel Pump is 3-5 psi.

If you guys would notice, this tool clearly resembles the mounting location of a Fuel Pump on the Fuel Flinch on a Flat Four. The two side shafts play the mounting bolts' while the central shaft (about which @Storm has talked in his hint) plays the central shaft which moves up/down to operate the mechanical fuel pump.

One thing however is noteworthy, that on 36hp and earlier motors the central shaft sticks out to a top height of 35mm while on 40hp and later engines, this top height measurement is 14mm.
    sorry I didn't see your mail. I don't have internet connectivity and the Nayatel people have dug up half our street to lay the optical fiber cable for our house. They dug out my landlords lawn, our neighbours lawn and the house across from our neighbours! I have a feeling I won't be very popular with my neighbours (they already have the beetle infestation to put up with)
    ...yes it is a fuel pump calibration gauge and I have one..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry I didn't see your mail. I don't have internet connectivity and the Nayatel people have dug up half our street to lay the optical fiber cable for our house. They dug out my landlords lawn, our neighbours lawn and the house across from our neighbours! I have a feeling I won't be very popular with my neighbours (they already have the beetle infestation to put up with)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Mine are no more different, they already have the infestation to put up with too and above that, when take patina out for a spin for some test drives after every DIY, they get to hear the "fweeem" chorus in the street buzzing every ear, whether intentionally listening or not.

And every now and then, the hood or the decklid is popped and I am under it doing "something", leaving them to guessing whether I really am a Finance Professional or a VW mechanic

On another note, fiber optics is cool, some sheer bandwidth.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Air filter material?
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    Air filter material?

True, the second stage of the Oil Bath Air Cleaner/Filter is dependent on the COIR (Pronounced as "core"). Coir is the Fiber of Coconut Husk, which moistened with kerosene oil or any other organic mineral, traps the smallest particals in the filter element that might have deceived the fresh oil in the filter housing, before the air is muzzled down to velocity stack and into the carb venturi.

For further details on the anatomy and operation of the Oil Bath Air Filter please read HERE.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Up for grabs? Are you serious?
    Used Volkswagen Beetle 1960 for sale in Rawalpindi - Ad ID: 321998 | PakWheels

But a Million Bucks....??? Lemme Think

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All,

In an attempt to gather the data of all the members / owners in a database, I am attaching a simple form. I would appreciate if you could take out a couple of minutes to fill in the fields as it will help us to contact each other for any events/promotions or important information.

The database shall be available to anyone who wishes to utilize this valuable information.

Thank you for your support!

Hello folks...hope everyone is as excited about the bug meet on 25th as i am. why don't we register ourselves here so everyone is accounted for at the meetup.

MJ has taken a wonderful step in reviving the club. let us all help out and turn this into a regular thing.

Please submit your details on the form so we you can be easily contacted.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHRHSnhmZUtzUWNFNTBOZ1lOTVVFR 1E6MQ" width="760" height="849" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
    The Tweak Shop - Auto Performance Consultants: http://www.thetweakshop.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

back after so long...and with a question...i was in sahiwal over the weekend on me bug and on my way back from lahore to isb, she blew a valve ...an exhaust valve...that ripped my piston and so now i need 1 new piston ( or all 4 if its NOS ) and 8 valves... i dont want to settle for the pajero valves and so a question for everyone out there...does some one have NOS valves and pistons or used but clean valves and pistons?

oh which brings me to another question...do valve sizes change with engine displacement? im running the stock 1200 motor from 1969.

grey matter is in for surgery so the sooner i can get a response the better!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    mine does not have pop outs or the convertible W decklid.. yet
    the current color is beautiful!! pls not beige!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    oh which brings me to another question...do valve sizes change with engine displacement? im running the stock 1200 motor from 1969.
    valves change on engines as far as I know but please wait till reezvaan confirms as he is the current knowledge base on VWs. You could the finding replacement heads as well as pistons via khalid or pupoo
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    back after so long...and with a question...i was in sahiwal over the weekend on me bug and on my way back from lahore to isb, she blew a valve ...an exhaust valve...that ripped my piston and so now i need 1 new piston ( or all 4 if its NOS ) and 8 valves... i dont want to settle for the pajero valves and so a question for everyone out there...does some one have NOS valves and pistons or used but clean valves and pistons?

grey matter is in for surgery so the sooner i can get a response the better!!
    valves change on engines as far as I know but please wait till reezvaan confirms as he is the current knowledge base on VWs. You could the finding replacement heads as well as pistons via khalid or pupoo
    Well thanks @Storm but the fact of the matter is that I know nothing as compared to what veterans like you and @nmshaikh/@romano/@AsadIshaque know.

@rebel to answer your original query, yes the valve sizes are different on different engines. Why else do you think the valve clearance values were different for different motors? For example, the valve clearance value for 40hp is .008" while the same for 53hp/57hp is .004" (check "technical data" pages in owner manuals for different years for different values of valve clearance).

About the valve size questions in future, it would be wise to provide the "horsepower" rating along with other information, because 1200cc were available in 36hp as well as 40hp but both had different internal specs. So you see while talking motors, its the hps which are important alongwith the year of the motor.

Having said that, if I were you, in addition to finding the replacement valve/piston I would rather be more inclined to know the real reason behind this bad. I mean you should work on finding out what exactly went bad to blow up a valve and a piston in the end. This way you would be able to save it from happening again in future. Please do share with us if you reach to the bottom of the real problem.

B/w which of the valve blew away? I am guessing the one from Cylinder #3?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

up for grabs? Are you serious?
    used volkswagen beetle 1960 for sale in rawalpindi - ad id: 321998 | pakwheels

but a million bucks....??? Lemme think:s
    wth!!! :s

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well thanks @Storm but the fact of the matter is that I know nothing as compared to what veterans like you and @nmshaikh/@romano/@AsadIshaque know.

@rebel to answer your original query, yes the valve sizes are different on different engines. Why else do you think the valve clearance values were different for different motors? For example, the valve clearance value for 40hp is .008" while the same for 53hp/57hp is .004" (check "technical data" pages in owner manuals for different years for different values of valve clearance).

About the valve size questions in future, it would be wise to provide the "horsepower" rating along with other information, because 1200cc were available in 36hp as well as 40hp but both had different internal specs. So you see while talking motors, its the hps which are important alongwith the year of the motor.

having said that, if I were you, in addition to finding the replacement valve/piston I would rather be more inclined to know the real reason behind this bad. I mean you should work on finding out what exactly went bad to blow up a valve and a piston in the end. This way you would be able to save it from happening again in future. Please do share with us if you reach to the bottom of the real problem.

B/w which of the valve blew away? I am guessing the one from Cylinder #3?
    Yes absolutely right,, I think the last few lines are more important than to get fixed the problem earlier just to not happen again.
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahzebulhaq View Post
    wth!!! :s
    agreed, that's shakeel saabs old car, i know it's seriously nice but not worth 9.5 lacks!!
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agreed, that's shakeel saabs old car, i know it's seriously nice but not worth 9.5 lacks!!
    Especially when one knew for how much it was actually sold by Shakeel Sb. to Adil.

Soon after Adil had acquired it he had posted up a FS Ad here on PWs for same car for 350K which he immediately pulled out when I gave him a call asking "are you serious in selling it?" and he was like, "no it was more of a taunt".

I saw someone named Khaqan Javed giving Adil an advice of posting a FS Ad and asking the same price in UK/USA to get it on VCCCP Facebook Page. I was disappointed by Khaqan's remark, wanted to say something but then I refrained for some sane reasons.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VW Beetle Body Dimensions/Measurements

Originally posted HERE:

For future reference:
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 344260

Body measurements for the vw beetle...useful for replacing sheet metal.

Added larger letters with arrows pointing to the original letters which can be difficult to see.

Text translation:

a) width of the front apron measured in the area of the first fender weldnuts (600mm)

b) width of the fuel tank well between the side members (693mm)

c) width of the fuel tank well along the longitudinal direction of vehicle (368mm)

d) distance between the first and last front fender weldnuts
    -left side (1118mm)

e) -right side (1120mm)

f) distance from the lower weld seam of the hinge pillar to the…

g) …upper corner of the rear roof rail (1394mm)

h) distance between the hinge pillar and the rear pillar
    -left side (935mm)

i) -right side (937mm)

k) distance between the hinge pillar and the rear pillar
    -left side (924mm)

l) -right side (923mm)

m) distance between the roof rail and the heater channel at the rear pillar
    -left side (1049mm)

n) -right side (1049mm)

o) width of the interior between the spot-welded flanges of the side window openings around the seat belt fasteners (1203mm)

p) width of the luggage deck between the wheel wells over the spot-welded seams between the front corner of the bottom rail/transverse wall and the rear corner at the bottom rail/side/wheel well (939mm)

q) left front – right rear (1989mm)

r) right front - left rear (1985mm)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    do take a moment to check out a new owners VW: CLICK HERE

i'm sure he'll appreciate all the bits of advice available for his car (as soon as he posts up some pics)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default VW Trivia

Lets see how many of us recognise this VW Part and the function it performs;

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -344396 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -344397 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -344398 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -344399 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -344400

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List