Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 484 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lazeez View Post
    It takes some mighty cojones to get it rough with a car you've been pampering like a baby. Keeping the dust off everyday whereas in this case, taking it 'into' the dust. Call me a wuss, but my bug has difficulty handling speed bumps on city roads, so dirt driving is a no no. But, its my request to any of the karachi members that will be going to let me ride along.
    I know it takes lots of thinking/courage before one could take one's beloved hobby car to a venture like this, i.e. into the dust of the dusts but trust me there is no joy but to keep these vintages which were so meant to be kept. These are tough little monsters and would run against all odds.

Not so long ago, I was in chat with an exceedingly experienced westy veteran VW enthusiast who has never driven a car all life but VWs and he told me and I quote:

All that takes to drive a broken bug home is a screw driver, duct tape and some piece of wire, no matter how far it had broken down from home
    I believe him because I have learnt over the years that these cars are this simple yet this tough that they always make it to their destination no matter how badly these have broken down.

You all know I love my bug beyond doubt as I have been pampering her over the last 09 months like a baby but again I know, it would take me to take her to a dune bashing spree in order to make others feel hearty enough to decide in favour of taking their bugs along and hit the dirt with all their adventrous instincts at their best so as to make it possible us all a life time experience to live together.

My two cents worth...stop requesting to be a navigator...drive her as she is meant to be driven into the unknown...bring her to bumpy ride so that she learns how to respond to road bumps in future on KHI roads (or even better that you'll learn how to drive her on the road bumps or where there is no road at all).

If you still dont find yourself convinced, wait until Sunday and see that my 1200cc stock bug does it...when she drives into the unknown...in a condition where she has received no suspension overhaul in her last 47yrs of age...her 1200cc stock motor has only been once tested but that too on matted road.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Calling All VW Adventure Enthusiasts - VW Desert Rally 2012

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    In continuation of the post above on the same subject; Adding some more comments;

So far 04 VWs have signed up in case a VWCOP Flag rally is arranged in separate from joining in the 4x4 jeep desert rally. The pledged count would be 05 VWs if we join the 4x4 jeep desert rally as @nuic would be able to join with his EGO too then.

Who else is listening people? Come on, wake your flat fours...its time when they help you live your dream adventure with your beloved VW.

If @mohsinikram's VW can come to join from KHI, I am sure there would be more who could accompany him on his journey towards BWP - who want to be the company for his 52 Split window beetle/59 Split Window Bus? Speak now or hold your peace till the end.

If @shahzebulhaq's 55 Oval, @rebel's "Deosai Fame Wonder Bug" and @nuic's hotrod "EGO" could travel all the way from Islamabad for some sand/dune bashing, why cant other Isloo VW enthusiasts break the ice?

And then the Lahories? What about the Lahories ppl, I thought they were the most fun loving ppl in Pakistan.

I wonder what's stopping you from living your dream adventure if its not you yourself because I know your VWs want to come!!!
    Adding more comments;

romano wrote:
    any sponsors out there?
    rebel wrote:
    I say we go in the same time as the jeep rally...for one, we will have Nadir along that way. 2 it can be amazing fun entering the bugs in a category of their own even if not official and only for fun. after the 4X4s are done with the track maybe?

speaking of which...why not build a Baja bug and enter her in the rally and smoke all the 4X4s..maybe in the in the years to come sometime? provided they will let a rear wheel drive CAR enter in any category at all...
    nuic wrote:
    @ mujeeb sounds like a plan. And v can enter the baja in the modified class.
    rebel wrote:
    perfect!! theres a particular white 1600 bug which was once loved and driven by its owner but now hardly ever gets out...maybe we can lift her up and cut up the fenders for the Baja? she has a strong engine...or so i hear..
    reezvaan wrote:
    @romano
    We are not even decided yet whether we are going in for a rally or not. The moment we are decided and the number of participants is declared, I will arrange Pepsi Cola sponsorship for our event. We've recently launched STING energy drink only last year which needs lots of market uplift. I am sure Pepsi would spend fat bucks to send out the message.

I am sure other companies like in industries of Lubricants/Tyres/Batteries etc. can be contacted as well for sponsorship with all this time till the rally to arrange even more sponsorship.

Once (and if) we do it, we'll do it the right way by appointing a rally director and all. Time is at our side, we have almost three months before we actually hit the road so lots of .

@mujeeb/@NUIC
    Joining in and representing VWCOP in 4x4 jeep desert rally with a Baja/Dune Buggy is a great idea but I dont think a 1600cc would do on the sand for racing. Talk 2100+cc and I am on your side.
    rebel wrote:
    i think the time is rather short for building a Baja bug for this year...maybe next year we can enter her...get a feeler for what she will face this year in our road cars... and sure! the bigger the engine the better !!
    reezvaan wrote:
    Ok ppl here is the latest on the VW desert rally;

Just got off the phone with Nasir Bhai, Billo will be joining us on the desert rally in March! Secondly, Nasir bhai is of the view that we join hands with 4x4 jeep desert rally as it would be convenient for us with their logistical support and all.

Upon his go ahead, I talked to Mr. Faiz Abbasi (Leading Organizer of 4x4 jeep desert rally in BWP) on phone and he has assured complete support of his team to our rally. We're meeting in a few days' time to discuss the co-venture.

Please share your inputs on what kind of support we should be looking at, when we seek 4x4 jeep enthusiasts' help. Any other inputs are welcome.
    rebel wrote:
    well they naturally have sponsors and to us too, sponsors to share the cost would be a great help...maybe they can include us when they go talk sponsorship?
    specially if its oil/ tire sponsors...

logistics and recovery is another factor they can help us with...

thats all that comes to my mind now...will update if something else comes to mind...
    reezvaan wrote:
    @mujeeb
    Great input, already had that in mind.

I know someone in the tyre/lubricats as well as battery industries I will tap onto those contacts in the coming days but only after we've talked to the 4x4 jeep desert rally organizers on the subject of sponsorship.

Please do share whatever other points that pop up in your mind later.

@romano
    So whts your verdict? Are you in with rest of all for some dune bashing?
    The number of VWs is increasing everyday...we now have 06 VWs confirming to join the VW Cholistan Desert Rally in March:

@shahzebulhaq's Oval (55 bug)
    @mohsinikram's Splitta (59 Split Screen Microbus)
    @nmshaikh's Billo (60 truck art bug)
    @reezvaan's Patina (65 hoodride)
    @rebel's Wonder Bug (69 bug)
    @nuic's hotrod EGO (the beast)

Come on ppl...who else is calling it a GO?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[/QUOTE]

I saw your car at Khalids and it is a real gem. I am glad you have brought it out for restoration and I agree that Arshad has done a great job. His main problem was time management and it seems like he has finally got his act together. My Oval is waiting in line for its turn as is Shazadi - my GT beetle. Both cars would be restored at Khalid's and the body work performed by Arshad.

Answering your third question first...a disk brake system is superior to the drum brake system but the drum brakes in a beetle are in no way inadequate. I have driven cars with drums and never have felt the need to convert. I do have disk brakes in my GT beetle and my Karmann Convertible but I hardly feel the difference when I am driving my 1960 with drum brakes all round. Maybe if you have a 1.6 engine then you can start considering disk brakes but if you check the condition of the drums and replace if worn out you would get the same stopping power as the VW's with disk brakes (or close enuff) Billo, my 1960 bug has a 1.6l engine and drum bakes all round. I have not had any issues cruising on the highways in the US and Canada at 120 km / hr or in city driving. All four drums, however, are brand new, as are the wheel cylinders.

The disk brake conversions if sourced locally would be beat up units that have seen better days so not necessarily an answer. If you must, then go for a brand new kit or a used kit that has good rotors and serviceable calipers.

Your second question re. seat issues has already been answered by rebel. Zaheer ustaad is good even though Mian Jee in G-8 Islamabad has done a lot of work for me and I have never had any issues.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thx a lot @nmshaikh...ive been hovering arnd ur car lot too whenever seen standing there :p

i guess the drums will stay for now with replacements on the brake cylinder and linings
    the seats query has been put to rest

the question for paint still remains and is critical now as the denting is all done , need to get a move on! guys frm pindi/isb....suggestions puhlzzzzz
    AIRCOOLED!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bugasm View Post
    thx a lot @nmshaikh...ive been hovering arnd ur car lot too whenever seen standing there :p

i guess the drums will stay for now with replacements on the brake cylinder and linings
    the seats query has been put to rest

the question for paint still remains and is critical now as the denting is all done , need to get a move on! guys frm pindi/isb....suggestions puhlzzzzz
    Are you considering a complete paint job or just painting the areas that have just been panel beaten?

In any case i strongly recommend that the interior (paint) be left alone as it is in very good condition. A simple clean up with a mild detergent / soap solution followed by a mild polish would bring out the factory lustre. Keep an old tooth brush handy to reach those hard-to-reach spots.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the plan is for a complete paint job on the outside(leaving the interior, bonnet inside & engine bay as is, but the rest needs to be done proper
    AIRCOOLED!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A documentary on the Baja 1000, an annual off-road race held in Baja, Mexico that attracts hundreds of racers, their souped-up machines, and thousands of fans.

Also has a lot of Volkswagen.
    Check it out: Dust to Glory (2005) - IMDb

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Calling All VW Adventure Enthusiasts - VW Desert Rally 2012

Ok guys, good news, @romano is going to join us too for the VW Desert Rally. His joining is conditional though - but then I guess it can be taken care of so I am counting him "IN".

So 07 VWs are logged. Who else is up ppl?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear pakwheelers,

Hope you all are doing well. I am writing this message in desperate needs as I am unable to gather the missing bits and bobs for my Beetle. I need following parts/services.

- Head lights rings
    - Indicator lances

- Tail lights lances
    - Ashtray plastic cover with the gear details
    - Hazard light knob
    - Passenger side quarter window panel
    - Foot boards
    - Wheel hub covers
    - Side view mirrors
    - Upholstery refurb

Kindly advise, your help would be highly appreciated.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...le-restoration
    He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help. Abraham Lincoln

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zeeqedwai View Post
    Dear pakwheelers,

Hope you all are doing well. I am writing this message in desperate needs as I am unable to gather the missing bits and bobs for my Beetle. I need following parts/services.

- Head lights rings
    - Indicator lances

- Tail lights lances
    - Ashtray plastic cover with the gear details
    - Hazard light knob
    - Passenger side quarter window panel
    - Foot boards
    - Wheel hub covers
    - Side view mirrors
    - Upholstery refurb

Kindly advise, your help would be highly appreciated.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...le-restoration
    hmm...while i personally have none of the items in storage, im sure ul soon get something worked out come more members to this forum...

i can tell u about the foot boards though. Mine were rusted like anything and so i got them fabricated locally and i must say, they have stood every test thrown their way! i mean hit by significantly sized rocks and ice and stuff hardly deshaped them! also, they didnt seem to mind one bit when 2 people hopped onto them on either side so yea..get them fabricated locally and they will last for ever...figuratively speaking of course

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

autoclub & vebra quoting 80k for the paintjob
    guys need help with the paint, like seriously!!!
    AIRCOOLED!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bugasm View Post
    autoclub & vebra quoting 80k for the paintjob
    guys need help with the paint, like seriously!!!
    Forget paint job/clear coat. Get her touched up and cut the whole car paint with cutting cream to match the newly painted panels with the overall finish, that should do, atleast she would maintain her character!

See some "character" yourself!

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351265 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351266
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351388

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Oval in Rawalakot AJK..

Had to be with Javaid uncle in tough time and the 55 oval yet proves er self by climbing pass Rawalakot on snowy rough hills.. enjoy the pics
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351390 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351391 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351392 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351393 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351394

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351398 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351399 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351400 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351401 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351402

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351418 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351419 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351420 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351421 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351422 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351423

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351424

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Patina goes Sand/Dune Bashing on Chenab Bank Sands

Patina just returned from Chenab Sand Banks after some serious sand bashing....What an experience this has been...Fantastic!!!

A Teaser...For more pics/video, visit Patina's DIY thread!

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -351547

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Reezvaan, waiting for more pictures!
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    @Reezvaan, waiting for more pictures!
    Coming up shortly with video of the sand bashing!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

heard abt a guy named abid near haji camp rawalpindi. He has been recommended by a couple of ppl for the paintjob.....any1 seemn his work??
    AIRCOOLED!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List