Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 366 of 484 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,320 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So Saturday morning seemed like a nice day for a drive up to the hills...whats even cooler is the fact that i heard it was snowing up there. Naturally we all stuffed into the bug and drove up till where ever we could reach...She performed amazingly past all the corollas and civics that had given up...maybe it was because she had a lot of weight on the rear wheels but except for one spot, she just crawled along in the snow Once again, the Eurostar tires do surprisingly well for the price!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    So Saturday morning seemed like a nice day for a drive up to the hills...whats even cooler is the fact that i heard it was snowing up there. Naturally we all stuffed into the bug and drove up till where ever we could reach...She performed amazingly past all the corollas and civics that had given up...maybe it was because she had a lot of weight on the rear wheels but except for one spot, she just crawled along in the snow Once again, the Eurostar tires do surprisingly well for the price!
    Amazing (FB) pictures...Cant wait to see the Grey Matter in snow here at PWs!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So finally i manage to get the pics uploaded to PW!! Heres from saturday mornings drive up to the hills and back!

a little slide off track got her back though...
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -352365

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -352366

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -352367

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -352368

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -352369

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Patina's Maiden Sands Run - Video

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Authentic/Original Pre-1970 Vintage License Plates Wanted

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Calling All VW Adventure Enthusiasts - VW Cholistan Desert Rally 2012

Still undecided about joining the VW Cholistan Desert Rally March 2012? Let us help you make up your mind to join the rest of us to a journey of a lifetime. Have a look at this link below to see what you really are going to miss if you dont decide RIGHT NOW.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/roa...stan-desert_-_

Trust me, you DO NOT want to miss this grand opportunity of an VW adventure but also seeing this extreme beauty of Cholistan Desert! Here is your last chance - revert back by the end of this week.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Islamabad to Derawar Fort (Cholistan Desert) Road Map

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -353180

Please highlight necessary amends for this ISLAMABAD to DERAWAR FORT (Cholistan) Access Map.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A VWCOP meeting was held in Islamabad last night to discuss the participation of the members in the rally.

As there are some serious expenses involved when participating in the rally (both before and after) it was decided to seek sponsorship offers.

In general terms the following was decided:

The VWCOP would enter a minimum of 5 cars

The cost of sponsoring a car would be Rs. 150,000/-

The sides, hood (bonnet) and decklid (engine lid) of the car would be available to the sponsor for the purpose of advertising in a way that does not permanently damage or alter the finish of the vehicle

The club would be free to seek and accept other sponsorships as long as they are not competitors of the main sponsor (e.g if Pepsi decides to sponsor the cars and the club accepts, Coke would not be considered to place their message or logo on any part of the car)

There would be a support vehicle carrying spares and tech support. The support vehicle would also be a VW and would cost the main sponsor Rs. 50,000/-. No advertisement would be placed on the support vehicle but should the sponsor wish to do so the cost would be Rs. 150,000

The most experienced mechanic in Pakistan would accompany the cars on the outing. Each car would contribute Rs. 10,000 towards his expenses and loss of income while away from his place of work.

VW owners are strongly advised to contact the club and benefit from any sponsorship deal we may be able to get. Entering without sponsorship will simply mean blowing a lot of money, and not getting full benefit of the large amounts of advertising budget large corporations/MNCs routinely spend on these events!
    A fully sponsored car will allow you to prepare your vehicle rather than enter a less than perfect spec machine. The purpose of these events is to have fun, rather than suffering vehicle breakdowns.
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just to get some info, besides lifting the dropped rear end (sigh) what major mechanical mods will the cars need for the event?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    A VWCOP meeting was held in Islamabad last night to discuss the participation of the members in the rally.

As there are some serious expenses involved when participating in the rally (both before and after) it was decided to seek sponsorship offers.

In general terms the following was decided:

The VWCOP would enter a minimum of 5 cars

The cost of sponsoring a car would be Rs. 150,000/-

The sides, hood (bonnet) and decklid (engine lid) of the car would be available to the sponsor for the purpose of advertising in a way that does not permanently damage or alter the finish of the vehicle

The club would be free to seek and accept other sponsorships as long as they are not competitors of the main sponsor (e.g if Pepsi decides to sponsor the cars and the club accepts, Coke would not be considered to place their message or logo on any part of the car)

There would be a support vehicle carrying spares and tech support. The support vehicle would also be a VW and would cost the main sponsor Rs. 50,000/-. No advertisement would be placed on the support vehicle but should the sponsor wish to do so the cost would be Rs. 150,000

The most experienced mechanic in Pakistan would accompany the cars on the outing. Each car would contribute Rs. 10,000 towards his expenses and loss of income while away from his place of work.

VW owners are strongly advised to contact the club and benefit from any sponsorship deal we may be able to get. Entering without sponsorship will simply mean blowing a lot of money, and not getting full benefit of the large amounts of advertising budget large corporations/MNCs routinely spend on these events!
    A fully sponsored car will allow you to prepare your vehicle rather than enter a less than perfect spec machine. The purpose of these events is to have fun, rather than suffering vehicle breakdowns.
    When do you think a proposal letter with details and rates would be ready for circulation to prospective sponsors?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Although ive never owned a beetle ....i still love em ,whenever i open the vwcop thread im lost in here until i finish reading every post !
    As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! ==========www.Performance-diy.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by furri View Post
    Although ive never owned a beetle ....i still love em ,whenever i open the vwcop thread im lost in here until i finish reading every post !

Well then, why not own one?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post

Please highlight necessary amends for this ISLAMABAD to DERAWAR FORT (Cholistan) Access Map.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -353250

why not follow the red line route for ISL-Multan ???? 8-9 hours drive to be exact.... ???

just a suggestion....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qaswah View Post
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 353250

why not follow the red line route for ISL-Multan ???? 8-9 hours drive to be exact.... ???

just a suggestion....
    recently drove to sahiwal on my bug...apparently the road from fsd to sahiwal is pretty battered...i was told i would be better taking lahore and i was...took me 8 hours at 80kmph to reach sahiwal from isb...with quite a few stops...so im thinking 9 hours to multan making only necessary stops??

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kn_khipk View Post
    When do you think a proposal letter with details and rates would be ready for circulation to prospective sponsors?
    By the start of new week, hopefully!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qaswah View Post
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 353250

just a suggestion....
    Thats because the Mianwali route is still under-developed and journeying through Lahore is not only safer but provides one with an opportunity to drive on the best available tramac in the whole of Pakistan i.e. M2 (ISD/LHR Motorway) & N5. Minimum depreciation to the vintages while the run on the best tramac before facing they dirt of the dirts!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

recently drove to sahiwal on my bug...apparently the road from fsd to sahiwal is pretty battered...i was told i would be better taking lahore and i was...took me 8 hours at 80kmph to reach sahiwal from isb...with quite a few stops...so im thinking 9 hours to multan making only necessary stops??
    I recommended little longer but the best driving conditions route. The length of the suggested route is 892kms journeying time being 10 & 1/2 hrs roughly with appropriate length pit stops.

Whenever I travel/drive b/w ISL/MUX I use this route all the time on my daily driver with least of depreciation to the car with minimal tiredom. ISL/MUX takes 08 hrs on my daily driver under normal driving conditions.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just to get some info, besides lifting the dropped rear end (sigh) what major mechanical mods will the cars need for the event?
    You asked very important question and I believe this should have been asked long ago. But for now I would keep to answer your question and wont go into the details of "how to prep for the desert rally".

Beside lifting the rear end of the car, you wouldn't need any modifications as such on your stock bug but you would definitely need;

-Packing (read:repack) front wheel bearings with new grease.

-Torsion leaves would need to be cleaned and filled with brand new grease making sure that all torsion arm seals are in perfect condition (as the desert sand being the finest of the sands tends to enter everywhere normaly dirt wouldn't).

-Fuel lines would need to be checked and rechecked for any possible wear (replace whatever necessary including the jubilee clips). Carry a fire extinguisher without fail!

-Change Motor Oil with "recommended" grade fresh oil both in engine case as well as air cleaner (carrying an oil bath air cleaner OIL CHANGE KIT is mandatory under such dusty driving conditions where you would need to change the oil bath air cleaner oil DAILY!)

-Check Transmission Oil/Axle Boots

-Brake Hoses/Master Cylinder need prep'ing.

-Tires better show no sidewall/tread wear (especially sidewalls).

-A spare backup wheel (yes in addition to the fifth wheel)

These are a few things I could recommend right now. Would share a thorough TO DO LIST once we are closer to the dates of the rally.

P.S.: Please note that there is a "TO DO LIST" for AFTER the rally too that would be shared along with the BEFORE RALLY TO DO LIST. And if you want to read the latest on the "TO DO LIST" as it evolves; read directly here on Patina's Desert Rally Prep' Thread on the Samba:
    TheSamba.com :: View topic - Stock 1965 with SP 1200 Motor in Desert (Now w/ Pics/VDO)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by furri View Post
    very same case with me ...

Well then, why not own one?
    i would love to... but lack of garage in apartments doesn't allow me for this. n i believe that for a beetle u must have ur own garage where u could do minor touch ups at least.. Insha Allah one day will have both .. the garage and a beetle..
    "On the other side of fear there is freedom!"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanshani View Post
    very same case with me ...

i would love to... but lack of garage in apartments doesn't allow me for this. n i believe that for a beetle u must have ur own garage where u could do minor touch ups at least.. Insha Allah one day will have both .. the garage and a beetle..
    how about this...get a rusty old bug...get a rusty old roof rack and SLAM IT ALL THE WAY!!! u dont need a garage after that!! no touch ups needed and the elements ruining the paint job only add to the theme!!

ahhh...perfect car!!! *sigh* i was too quick with a paint job

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List