Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 377 of 484 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    I believe this is not correct for a 1303 beetle.
    What car/year would this be for??
    My heart is a Flat 4!! 62' VW Type-1, 76' VW Sunroof SuperBeetle... To me my VolksWagen, to you yours...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I believe this is not correct for a 1303 beetle.
    Oh, well I thought it was.

Anyways, if anyone is interested I'd be happy to exchange with something anyone has to offer for my '68 which I don't have.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The correct speedometer for a 1303 super beetleVolkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -373139

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -373140

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -373141

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ nmshaikh

Aoa. Dear Nasir Do you have any stuff related to 1971 Super Beetle.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    @ nmshaikh

Aoa. Dear Nasir Do you have any stuff related to 1971 Super Beetle.
    The main difference between a regular beetle and a 1971 super beetle is the front suspension and the IRS transmission. I don't have anything '71 super beetle specific but if you have anything particular that you might be looking for I might be able to help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The main difference between a regular beetle and a 1971 super beetle is the front suspension and the IRS transmission. I don't have anything '71 super beetle specific but if you have anything particular that you might be looking for I might be able to help.
    Hmm let me think I would need a pair of Door rubbers,Qtr glass rubber incl flap seal, inner door window scrappers, assist straps, rear shock absorbers, a set of german tie rod ends, chrome side view mirrors, rear view mirror and a steering damper.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    Hmm let me think I would need a pair of Door rubbers,Qtr glass rubber incl flap seal, inner door window scrappers, assist straps, rear shock absorbers, a set of german tie rod ends, chrome side view mirrors, rear view mirror and a steering damper.
    Phew! ..long list but I have a few items mentioned in there. Its better if we carry on this discussion on PM.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nmshaikh

Ok. waiting

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi there...i have joined pw today, specially for this club. i also own a beetle, abt which i wud keep posting in near future and wud also seek for ur help in any problem i find. thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drkashan View Post
    hi there...i have joined pw today, specially for this club. i also own a beetle, abt which i wud keep posting in near future and wud also seek for ur help in any problem i find. thanks
    welkome to pakwheels. hope to see u here regularly

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drkashan View Post
    Welcome to the club @drkashan. I'm sure you would like your experience here as you've joined not only the most active but the most helping vintage car community in Pakistan.

Please share the details of your Beetle such as model, motor details, pictures etc. for viewing pleasure of all the fellow enthusiasts. I am sure there would be a lot of help that you could find over here with keeping your bug in the best of its running conditions.

If you have any questions pertaining to your bug, please just ask.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    No it doesn't have the cable, it does however have the fuel gauge. Lights? Are you referring to the bulbs?

BTW, the date on the back is 11, 73. The pictures are as follows.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - DSC02490

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - DSC02491
    @murtaza_murti hold this speedo for me, will you, please?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassanazeem View Post
    What car/year would this be for??
    Its a 74 type 181 Thing Speedo. The P/N stamped at the back is 113 957 023M which is the part number for the speedo casing and not the speedo unit itself. The P/N for Thing Speedo unit is 113 957 057H. The speedo cable that goes with speedo meter is 50.25inches long and bears a P/N 111 957 801H.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363294

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363295

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363296

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363298

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363300
    This is an early European spec. (normally known as type 182 for RHD with small type 2 tail lights) type 181 Thing with long rib on the front quarter panel. Most probably a 71/72 German made vehicle. If its tranny would have been present it would have been a RGB unit.

Although it has got wrong front fender (which looks to be a 73/74 - with prominent/larger hump under the turn signal stalk) but still very desireable. The early (72 and down) front fenders had smaller humps under the turn signal stalk just like the Type M 181 (Military version of type 181).

Whats the latest on the documents @mahmood?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Another bug in town Unearthed. Was going for some chore an hour ago, when I came across this parked inside a workshop just beside the Multan residence of PM Gillani, getting some body job done and is due to receive a two tone paint as disclosed by the panel beater working on her. Pictures speak for her to show what condition she really is in. Its a 1970 RHD Deluxe with lots of molestation and rottening:

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266388 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266389 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266390 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266391 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266392 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266393 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266394 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266395 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266396 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266397 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266398 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266399 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266400 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266401 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266402 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266403 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266404 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266405 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 266406
    The owner of this now finished DP 1500cc 70 Deluxe, a young lad, yesternight followed Patina while I was coming back after getting Patina thoroughly washed to my place.

The guy is in agony. He bought this *gem* for a 100K spent another 100K on outlook (paint/panel beating) + motor rebuild (was rebuilt by Saleem/Ganda Nala LHR). Unfortunately the bug's molested state has grown more serious. He asked me to come along and have a look at the motor which was consistently being heated after short runs.

I went to have a look and trust me what I saw was HORRIBLE. No rear engine tin, removed to accomodate the aftermarket generator by adding an ugly crank pulley at the lower side of an aftermarket muffler - can you imagine it? It was almost touching the ground (guy has the car dropped two clicks). DP Intake Manifold "fresh air/preheat" function was disabled as the muffler was aftermarket and had no provision for fresh air.

To make the matter worst, the car had hit from underneath at the lowered and further lowered hanging generator causing a crack in the engine case, draining half the motor oil.

Guy wanted my help. I didn't know how to help him unless I convinced him to return to stock setup. And so I did. But the guy is another VW wannabe knows nothing about VWs.

Now wants a new muffler for a 1500cc DP motor, a dynamo/generator, rear engine tin and some help with sorting out the motor oil leak. If any of you could help locate the parts listed above please let me know as I would rather be more inclined to save the bug than anything else.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The owner of this now finished DP 1500cc 70 Deluxe, a young lad, yesternight followed Patina while I was coming back after getting Patina thoroughly washed to my place.

The guy is in agony. He bought this *gem* for a 100K spent another 100K on outlook (paint/panel beating) + motor rebuild (was rebuilt by Saleem/Ganda Nala LHR). Unfortunately the bug's molested state has grown more serious. He asked me to come along and have a look at the motor which was consistently being heated after short runs.

I went to have a look and trust me what I saw was HORRIBLE. No rear engine tin, removed to accomodate the aftermarket generator by adding an ugly crank pulley at the lower side of an aftermarket muffler - can you imagine it? It was almost touching the ground (guy has the car dropped two clicks). DP Intake Manifold "fresh air/preheat" function was disabled as the muffler was aftermarket and had no provision for fresh air.

To make the matter worst, the car had hit from underneath at the lowered and further lowered hanging generator causing a crack in the engine case, draining half the motor oil.

Guy wanted my help. I didn't know how to help him unless I convinced him to return to stock setup. And so I did. But the guy is another VW wannabe knows nothing about VWs.

Now wants a new muffler for a 1500cc DP motor, a dynamo/generator, rear engine tin and some help with sorting out the motor oil leak. If any of you could help locate the parts listed above please let me know as I would rather be more inclined to save the bug than anything else.
    Ashes to ashes..dust to dust....

let the poor bug rest in piece(s)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is an early European spec. (normally known as type 182 for RHD with small type 2 tail lights) type 181 Thing with long rib on the front quarter panel. Most probably a 71/72 German made vehicle. If its tranny would have been present it would have been a RGB unit.

Although it has got wrong front fender (which looks to be a 73/74 - with prominent/larger hump under the turn signal stalk) but still very desireable. The early (72 and down) front fenders had smaller humps under the turn signal stalk just like the Type M 181 (Military version of type 181).

Whats the latest on the documents @mahmood?
    sir ji 2 days ka bola tha aur abhi sirf aik din guzra hai, i'll check with my denter tomorrow returning from office and will update here by this time, will also update here the chasis number for clear identification.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    sir ji 2 days ka bola tha aur abhi sirf aik din guzra hai, i'll check with my denter tomorrow returning from office and will update here by this time, will also update here the chasis number for clear identification.
    Thanks buddy. My guess on the VIN is *181 219 XXXX*. Lets see if I have learnt something about Type 181/182s

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks buddy. My guess on the VIN is *181 219 XXXX*. Lets see if I have learnt something about Type 181/182s
    now thats something to wait for , just kidding, acha therez another small vin plate near the hole for the trunk lid lock on front, whats thats for????

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ashes to ashes..dust to dust....

let the poor bug rest in piece(s)
    Thats what I first told the lad, but he wanted to hold onto it. My guess is he couldn't find a new owner in the price he paid to ruin it so he had no other choice but to keep it, for now atleast. And I seriously doubt if anyone sane would acquire it at the price of 200K.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List