Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 484 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    :a

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NaveedRizvi View Post
    Some time back someone mentioned on the forum that Khi had the biggest treasure of Beetles I didnt think so however then suddenly a RT beetle cropped up from no where I had my own little find but the RT find was amazing.

Sharing below pictures of my 1963 VW Beetle

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 374759 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 374760 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 374761 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 374762 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 374763
    Congrats buddy, you have a treasure car and that too in pretty neat. Plz share with us the story of the find and any details like history of the 63. And may be some more detailed pictures of the engine compartment and the trunk area too.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Reezwan are u buying the towel rail bumpers as well??
    Yes my friend, I am.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bravo122 View Post
    @reezwaan i am highly impressed by ur knowladge and i salute it.

can u please share ur knowledge about my thing.
    i can post more clear pics if u want

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i...ation-vw-thing
    Thanks pal, I appreciate your kind words.

O I already have some presence on your restoration thread but I'll make sure that I visit it often leaving a line or two every now and then.

Clear pictures, especially on part numbers/VINs/M-Codes etc. would help me transfer a lot of my knowledge base on Things. So please do that.

Please make a note that you have a tough project on hand. Type 181/182s are one of the least documented vehicles among all other VWs. Even on the internet the knowledge base is pretty limited, including thesamba, which is the biggest knowledge base on VWs yet.

Most of my knowledge comes from a VW friend in Belgium, Pieter Jan. Jan is known to have build the most thorough documented library on type 181s for decades now.

Since Belgian Army received a considerable chunk of German made type M181s - military version of type181s, Jan seems to have been pretty lucky with finding sources and getting access to the documentation on the VW type 181s with the Belgian Army which he is too generous to share with his VW friends who seek quenching their VW thirst.

Having said that, please ask whatever questions you have on your restoration thread and I would try and answer them to best of my knowledge. If there need be, we can always seek help from Jan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NaveedRizvi, congratulations on the new Beetle!
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Congrats buddy, you have a treasure car and that too in pretty neat. Plz share with us the story of the find and any details like history of the 63. And may be some more detailed pictures of the engine compartment and the trunk area too.
    Well one fine laaaaaaaaaaaate night I was surfing through the net as usual I searched for Beetles for sale nothing new came up for no good reason I pressed f5 and a new ad appeared. It was a Jaalee looking AD you know the ones with no pictures and ery short description I was sure that it was one of those ADs on which you never get through the number provided still the next morning right after waking up I dialled the number a very nice sounding gentleman picked up the phone and told the location which was veryyyyy near to my place. I left for his place immediately expecting a goner.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well one fine laaaaaaaaaaaate night I was surfing through the net as usual I searched for Beetles for sale nothing new came up for no good reason I pressed f5 and a new ad appeared. It was a Jaalee looking AD you know the ones with no pictures and ery short description I was sure that it was one of those ADs on which you never get through the number provided still the next morning right after waking up I dialled the number a very nice sounding gentleman picked up the phone and told the location which was veryyyyy near to my place. I left for his place immediately expecting a goner.
    Seems someone has been struck by lady luck pretty hard Its always good to having found something this rare out of blue and that too with the least of efforts. I hope you do justice to this Beetle being a veteran Vdubber.

What are the immediate areas of attention that you are currently looking at?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

standing on the road side, instead the gentleman took me inside and standing in his covered car parking was this Beetle. I decided that I was not going to leave this car even for a day. One of the gentleman's nephew a SUGGESTED VERY STRONGLY THAT WE WANT TO TAKE IT TO SHER SHAH IT WILL SELL THERE. I asked them what they wanted for it agreed to their price and said that I will give you a token amount and pick it up by evening.
    A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Uncle said ok but he wanted to ask his family first I thought there he goes sinking feeling ( but he assured that he would not give it away to any one else b4 consulting me. but that meant that if some one offered a crazy price he would ask me if I wanted to match the price

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any way it all proved my speculation and Uncle called me late evening and asked me to collect the car the next day.

The car had been standing for two years but the next day me along with my driver only bypassed the fuel tank as it would definitely contain rust.. got some fuel tank in a bottle and one, two, three ......the engine started the breaks were dead except the emergency brake we however slowly got the car to my place cleaned it and ......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seems someone has been struck by lady luck pretty hard Its always good to having found something this rare out of blue and that too with the least of efforts. I hope you do justice to this Beetle being a veteran Vdubber.

What are the immediate areas of attention that you are currently looking at?
    Well the breif history for now is that the car was with the previous owner for the last 30 years and previously it was owned by Pakistan's ambassador to Italy who brought it from there. Unfortunately the car was repainted for the first time only few years back and interior upholsetery was changed to a bland white ragzine.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well the breif history for now is that the car was with the previous owner for the last 30 years and previously it was owned by Pakistan's ambassador to Italy who brought it from there. Unfortunately the car was repainted for the first time only few years back and interior upholsetery was changed to a bland white ragzine.
    Some story there, so technically you are the third owner of the bug since new? Wow!

If I were you I would ask the PO if he had some vintage pictures of the bug. It would be a nice addition to go with your vintage collection, just my two cents worth.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some story there, so technically you are the third owner of the bug since new? Wow!

If I were you I would ask the PO if he had some vintage pictures of the bug. It would be a nice addition to go with your vintage collection, just my two cents worth.
    The guy has said that he would give me any other stuff that he finds related to the car... I would add your suggestion as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if any one has any vw thing related parts pm me i might be interested in buying em

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can some one tell me is this vw things speedoVolkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -375481

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    No worries...
    Like I said..Chill! ...I would gladly help even a stranger who has a VW...be it towing them on the motorway or offering them the spare fan belt that i carry in all my cars. However i do not know this gentleman and it seems highly unlikely that he would ship his car over to islamabad even if help was offered. It is far easier to do it right the first time than to reverse the effects of a poor restoration. The car I had offered in exchange belongs to a friend ( Rehan) and is presently undergoing a frame off with my help at Arshad's. I'll be posting pictures soon.

i was stranger few days ago help me in restoring my thing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

4" narrowed KP/LP beam fabrication - "being built from scratch" - kicked off today stay tuned.
    eagerly waiting for details

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mahmood

I wrote to Pieter-Jan in Belgium sharing my views on the Thing you shared here in this forum and this is what he had to say in response:

pieter-jan wrote:
    To: reezvaan
    Subject: Re: vw 181
    Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:22:54 +0100

<META name=Generator content="Microsoft SafeHTML"><STYLE>.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding-rightpx;padding-leftpx;padding-bottompx;padding-toppx;}.ExternalClass BODY.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}</STYLE>
    Hello Reezvaan,

Small numbers of type 182 (RHD type 181) were produced by VW from about 1970 onwards, either as demonstrators or to specific order (example: chassis no. 181 2195 609 was shipped to Zambia in December 1970, so your car would also be made end 1970). The type 182 was officially sold in Britain by VW dealers in 1974-75, under the name "Trekker". Volkswagen U.K. first attempted to introduce the type 182 into England as "The THING", but the dealers objected to the name and a "contest" was held to "Name the car".
    Despite Press reports that 300 were being imported, current records only show surviving chassis no.'s. in the series 185 2086406 to -477, i.e. less than 100. Presumably plans were modified since VW overpriced it, so it didn't sell very well. These vehicles were made in Mexico (not Germany), generally to 1974 THING specification, but with European rear-lights and front flashers. In May 1997 the 181/182 Register listed 51 type 182s, 45 of which are 74/75 Trekkers and the rest being of various ages/origins.
    Other type 182s were built into the middle 1970's, primarily for military use in countries where right hand drive was standard (Morocco had at least 20 units).
    Visiting holiday-makers to Bali report that Indonesian vehicles are also 182s.

I think it is worth of saving and restoring this car because it is rare to have such an early German made Trekker.

Best regards,
    Pieter-Jan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@reezvaan

wow thats some serious serious talking by pieter, for a person like me it took couple of passes thru the text to make some sense outa it, anyways i've been to the denter's place only to know that he is out somewhere on murree road up hill with mechanic to sort and bring an accidented vehicle to his workshop, later i also left for saddar pindi and just returned, will check on him tomorrow returning from office.

mahmood

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bravo122 View Post
    can some one tell me is this vw things speedo

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 375481
    A picture of the back would be required to answer your query which clearly shows the part number on the back of the speedo along with the date stamp as was posted by @murtaza_murti a while ago.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List