Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 390 of 484 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pakistan's Air-Cooled VW Registry's Facebook Page

Pakistan's 1st Online Air-Cooled VW Registry is now on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/I14nRT

Please like the page on Facebook to spread the message and help register VWs in your circle.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    Too quick to respond eehhh...if you would have clicked the link to form, you would know its on CLICKS as everything is already mentioned in "MULTIPLE CHOICES" I dont think the length matters when you are just clicking Beside the above shots are Moderator Summary Shots showing graphs and all. It has to be long to show the graphs, isn't it?

I can not imagine a Registry that would just list the years of cars and thts all. You are ruling out the possible uses of this data that VWCOP could gather.

I suggest; Click link above and count the CLICKS for the ease of entry into the registry!
    Do you honestly believe that more than 10% of VW owners sit down with their lap tops and desktops with internet connectivity and would understand the .....

Good luck!
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Do you honestly believe that more than 10% of VW owners sit down with their lap tops and desktops with internet connectivity and would understand the .....

Good luck!
    Well may be you are right, but then one ought to try. Atleast it could be told that it was tried but never worked, in case its a total disaster.

However, I believe that the last time it was attempted ppl were not this computer literate neither this much organized within themselves which I believe is not the case now after a decade of first attempt so I am expecting some degree of success for one.

Thanks for the well wishes, I believe any initiative like this needs lots of such wishes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well may be you are right, but then one ought to try. Atleast it could be told that it was tried but never worked, in case its a total disaster.

However, I believe that the last time it was attempted ppl were not this computer literate neither this much organized within themselves which I believe is not the case now after a decade of first attempt so I am expecting some degree of success for one.

Thanks for the well wishes, I believe any initiative like this needs lots of such wishes.
    Don't get me wrong. Its a brilliant idea and it is YOUR idea. However the shape and form it is presented in should be discussed and approved by the core group before putting it out in the open for better acceptability and success in achieving the objective.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't get me wrong. Its a brilliant idea and it is YOUR idea. However the shape and form it is presented in should be discussed and approved by the core group before putting it out in the open for better acceptability and success in achieving the objective.
    Will discuss discretely and would wait for the management's approval. Until such time, if required by the management of the VWCOP, it can be taken down and re-published in "approved" shape/form.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now you can be a part of Pakistan's Air-Cooled VW Registry by hitting "LIKE" on the FB page:

Pakistan's Air-Cooled VW Registry - Facebook

Like the page now and help spread the message to your VW Circle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

may I add, making fields such as chassis number and engine number mandatory just annoys the person. I was going smooth till i came to a point where I would have to go down to my car, open the book and memorize/note down the numbers, come back up and resume filling out the form. People just cant be bothered..including me My suggestion, there should be a quick form with 4-5 fields and a drop down option, the drop down can include details that are not mandatory and if one wants to go in the tiny details they can over there. Also many owners are stuck with a VW rather than owning it by choice, so they really dont care or understand the details.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    may I add, making fields such as chassis number and engine number mandatory just annoys the person. I was going smooth till i came to a point where I would have to go down to my car, open the book and memorize/note down the numbers, come back up and resume filling out the form. People just cant be bothered..including me My suggestion, there should be a quick form with 4-5 fields and a drop down option, the drop down can include details that are not mandatory and if one wants to go in the tiny details they can over there. Also many owners are stuck with a VW rather than owning it by choice, so they really dont care or understand the details.
    Thanks for the feedback @rebel. I generally find myself in agreement with most of the points you made in your feedback as a layman but not as a VW enthusiast.

However, there are few points that I would rather want to explain a little, for instance why there are more than just 4-5 basic fields. The idea to include all these field serves a purpose.

For instance, by requiring the Original/Current Engine number would rather help us maintain a log of roughly the dates when an original motor out a particular VW was swapped out and who owned the vehicle at that time. This would help not only ensure that we track changes/molestations that VWs have to go through here in Pakistan and be able to do something about it as a community/club (be it even simply being careful about passing out a nice VW to the person responsible for molestation previously) but would also help keep track of the motors stand alone which are drying out briskly.

Say in the case where an original motor is swapped out of a particular car and then the same motor popping up in registry with records of another vehicle. The original owner could be helped locate his original motor if he wants the once original motor back in his car.

About Chassis/VIN being mandatory. You see VIN is Unique to each Vehicle. The idea to make this field mandatory is to ensure that Unique VWs could be known thus finding out the exact number of surviving VWs. Without Unique VINs the registry is useless and doesn't mean anything but a data clutter useful for nothing.

About ppl who feel being stuck with the VWs, I dont think they even bother if the VW survived so I am sure this Registry is not for them and could never be unless we ourselves be the change we want to see.

More questions? Plz ask!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the feedback @rebel. I generally find myself in agreement with most of the points you made in your feedback as a layman but not as a VW enthusiast.

However, there are few points that I would rather want to explain a little, for instance why there are more than just 4-5 basic fields. The idea to include all these field serves a purpose.

For instance, by requiring the Original/Current Engine number would rather help us maintain a log of roughly the dates when an original motor out a particular VW was swapped out and who owned the vehicle at that time. This would help not only ensure that we track changes/molestations that VWs have to go through here in Pakistan and be able to do something about it as a community/club (be it even simply being careful about passing out a nice VW to the person responsible for molestation previously) but would also help keep track of the motors stand alone which are drying out briskly.

Say in the case where an original motor is swapped out of a particular car and then the same motor popping up in registry with records of another vehicle. The original owner could be helped locate his original motor if he wants the once original motor back in his car.

About Chassis/VIN being mandatory. You see VIN is Unique to each Vehicle. The idea to make this field mandatory is to ensure that Unique VWs could be known thus finding out the exact number of surviving VWs. Without Unique VINs the registry is useless and doesn't mean anything but a data clutter useful for nothing.

About ppl who feel being stuck with the VWs, I dont think they even bother if the VW survived so I am sure this Registry is not for them and could never be unless we ourselves be the change we want to see.

More questions? Plz ask!
    The main reason we should have a registry at this point is to have the basic info on cars, their owners and how they can be contacted. In a country where people drive cars on open transfer letters, do you honestly believe people are going to update the registry when they sell their VW's? Most VW's on road right now have swapped engines and in any case this information is immaterial.

The idea is to keep it simple. Just the basic information so the VW community can be contacted. maybe if we were to have a gathering of cars someone can go around with a clip board collecting the detailed info and later on updating the database. The registry is for ALL VW's, regardless if the owner is stuck with his VW or a hardcore enthusiast like yourself

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The main reason we should have a registry at this point is to have the basic info on cars, their owners and how they can be contacted. In a country where people drive cars on open transfer letters, do you honestly believe people are going to update the registry when they sell their VW's? Most VW's on road right now have swapped engines and in any case this information is immaterial.

The idea is to keep it simple. Just the basic information so the VW community can be contacted. maybe if we were to have a gathering of cars someone can go around with a clip board collecting the detailed info and later on updating the database. The registry is for ALL VW's, regardless if the owner is stuck with his VW or a hardcore enthusiast like yourself
    No I most certainly do not believe that ppl driving their VWs on Open Transfer Letters would update the registry. We know it from start, e.g. you do as you already expressed, and I do too.

But what I know is that the only possibility of registering those VWs is when they sell their VWs the New Owner would update the registry under his name of the same car . But that would require an online presence of A Registry. And if there is one, why shouldn't it be comprehensive right from the begining? We all know when an enthusiast buys the car first, he is in the most engaged state. Over the period the enthusiasm of owning a VW wears out in majority of the cases. Thats the time we should be eyeing on when the probability of getting a VW registered is the highest, i.e. when an enthusiast buys the VW.

Here again, VIN becomes even more important when VWs changing hands and showing twice or even thrice would need to be sorted out through VIN for all Unique Cars.

I agree most VWs have their motors swapped but still we have a point to start with the Current Motor information, from here on we can build if it changes yet again. And about Original motor identity it is always there in the Registration Book (if the VW has one).

I agree the details could be collected on a gathering far easier than online. My question is who is gonna do that? I dont see hardcore members entering details of ONE VW, i.e. their own car how do you expect someone from the club do it for say 20 VWs on the show?

Point is, lets start engaging ppl. Lets make them realize that even hobbies too require dedication, constructive thinking and contribution.

You may rightly believe that hobbies are for fun and this wont work if we force ppl to do what we wish should be done. My question is who is forcing them? I am not, you are not, and a website/registry cant by itself! If anything that could force them would be their own free will / pleasure out of serving the hobby if they so wish.

You have been in US/Canada, could you name a club which gathers registry through physical surveys? NO! Its gathered by ppl's free will through Registries, by engaging them, involving them. I dont see if we are trying to accomplish anything differently or are we?

More questions? Plz Ask!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No I most certainly do not believe that ppl driving their VWs on Open Transfer Letters would update the registry. We know it from start, e.g. you do as you already expressed, and I do too.

But what I know is that the only possibility of registering those VWs is when they sell their VWs the New Owner would update the registry under his name of the same car . But that would require an online presence of A Registry. And if there is one, why shouldn't it be comprehensive right from the begining? We all know when an enthusiast buys the car first, he is in the most engaged state. Over the period the enthusiasm of owning a VW wears out in majority of the cases. Thats the time we should be eyeing on when the probability of getting a VW registered is the highest, i.e. when an enthusiast buys the VW.

Here again, VIN becomes even more important when VWs changing hands and showing twice or even thrice would need to be sorted out through VIN for all Unique Cars.

I agree most VWs have their motors swapped but still we have a point to start with the Current Motor information, from here on we can build if it changes yet again. And about Original motor identity it is always there in the Registration Book (if the VW has one).

I agree the details could be collected on a gathering far easier than online. My question is who is gonna do that? I dont see hardcore members entering details of ONE VW, i.e. their own car how do you expect someone from the club do it for say 20 VWs on the show?

Point is, lets start engaging ppl. Lets make them realize that even hobbies too require dedication, constructive thinking and contribution.

You may rightly believe that hobbies are for fun and this wont work if we force ppl to do what we wish should be done. My question is who is forcing them? I am not, you are not, and a website/registry cant by itself! If anything that could force them would be their own free will / pleasure out of serving the hobby if they so wish.

You have been in US/Canada, could you name a club which gathers registry through physical surveys? NO! Its gathered by ppl's free will through Registries, by engaging them, involving them. I dont see if we are trying to accomplish anything differently or are we?

More questions? Plz Ask!
    One word..K.I.S.S.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One word..K.I.S.S.
    I honestly do not know what exactly you mean by that post but if it means that all questions are reasoned enough and OBJECTIONS seem KILLED, should we expect to see Billo/Shehzadi/Sally on the Registry some time soon?

And if that is too much to ask from the Chairperson, at least lets get a "LIKE" for the Pakistan's Air-Cooled VW Registry - Facebook.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I honestly do not know what exactly you mean by that post but if it means that all questions are reasoned enough and OBJECTIONS seem KILLED, should we expect to see Billo/Shehzadi/Sally on the Registry some time soon?

And if that is too much to ask from the Chairperson, at least lets get a "LIKE" for the Pakistan's Air-Cooled VW Registry - Facebook.
    K.I.S.S. simply means..Keep It Simple

as regards the question of liking the facebook page, I appreciate your effort but as Chairman of the club, cannot endorse the page which has pictures off the net which have nothing to do with the Volkswagen Club of PAKISTAN.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

K.I.S.S. simply means..Keep It Simple

as regards the question of liking the facebook page, I appreciate your effort but as Chairman of the club, cannot endorse the page which has pictures off the net which have nothing to do with the Volkswagen Club of PAKISTAN.
    I get the msg. Will run the page as a "personal" page until core committee decides something abt the registry. Until such time, I can take VWCOP name off of the registry fields too, from the Registry Form, if so wished.

Edit: Both Registry & Facebook Page now being run as personal pages.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I get the msg. Will run the page as a "personal" page until core committee decides something abt the registry. Until such time, I can take VWCOP name off of the registry fields too, from the Registry Form, if so wished.
    It is your personal effort and a target you assigned yourself so i cannot tell you how to do it. I would not want it to appear that the Facebook page or this exercise is somehow endorsed, sanctioned or authorized by the management of Volkswagen Club of Pakistan.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mohsinikram decorates Pakistan's 1st Online Air-Cooled VW Registry with Pakistan's ONLY SPLIT WINDOW & THE OLDEST EXISTING BEETLE entry!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is your personal effort and a target you assigned yourself so i cannot tell you how to do it. I would not want it to appear that the Facebook page or this exercise is somehow endorsed, sanctioned or authorized by the management of Volkswagen Club of Pakistan.
    I understand you view point. Have already removed VWCOP from the Registry Form until it is endorsed/replaced by a better version by the core committee.

And the facebook page never had the VWCOP on it from the begining so its a personal page anyway.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mohsinikram crowns Pakistan's 1st Online Air-Cooled VW Registry with Pakistan's Oldest Type2/Microbus entry.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting Facts from Pakistan's Air-Cooled VW Registry:

The Average Age of Aircooled VW Owners in Pakistan is "31yrs & 7months".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting Facts from Pakistan's Air-Cooled VW Registry:

The Average Age of Aircooled VW Owners in Pakistan is "31yrs & 7months".
    in my opinion this also means a lot of VWs will bite dust in coming years due to all those experiments that those under 30 years lads will do to the air cooled machines only coz it is perhaps the only soft buy they could afford for experimenting, those who bring down average life down to what you saw, or perhaps just my own opinion

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List