Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 398 of 484 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    The annual Polo competition at Shindoor takes place in the first week of July. The dates for the 2012 event are July 07 - 09. The plan is to drive on the KKH to Gilgit and onward to Hunza Karimabad with a day trip to the worlds highest paved border crossing - Khunjerab. The next leg of our rally would take us to Shindoor for the polo final. We make our way back to Islamabad via Lowari Pass. During our journey we would have traveled thru three of the worlds greatest mountain ranges - the Himalayas, the Karakorams and the Hindukush. The drive requires your VW to be in top shape mechanically.

This is an idea that has been evolving but still needs to be fine tuned further. This e-mail is a feeler to find out how many (if any) people would be interested to join me and my son on our trip as we put Billo to yet another test to the' roof of the world'

Let me know if you have any questions.
    We have received quite a few inquiries re. the above and while I have responded to each inquiry we are waiting to sort out some details before going public with the plans. Until we officially announce the Rally schedule please consider it just a father / son program in their globe trotting VW. When we do decide to go public, only Volkswagen Club of Pakistan would be your point of contact to answer any and all questions that you may have.

We are NOT in collaboration or seeking collaboration from another entity to market, promote or disseminate information in this regard.

Stay tuned.
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We have received quite a few inquiries re. the above and while I have responded to each inquiry we are waiting to sort out some details before going public with the plans. Until we officially announce the Rally schedule please consider it just a father / son program in their globe trotting VW. When we do decide to go public, only Volkswagen Club of Pakistan would be your point of contact to answer any and all questions that you may have.

We are NOT in collaboration or seeking collaboration from another entity to market, promote or disseminate information in this regard.

Stay tuned.
    In straight words you can discuss the idea on a public board such as this thread but you cant create a FB event to send out a feeler to the potential enthusiasts at large who might want to join in and be benefitted by having some recreation while among the alikes, even if its with VWCOP set as contact point

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by reezvaan View Post
    In printing now...Each registered VW with the registry would be entitled to two of these - free of cost. Shipping out in 1st week of June.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 409657

If you want these for your VWs - Register now with Pakistan's 1st Online VW Registry: Pakistan Air-Cooled VW Registry [PACVWR]
    yipee
    :a

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bravo122 View Post
    yipee
    Yep yours are booked already since you're on the Registry!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In straight words you can discuss the idea on a public board such as this thread but you cant create a FB event to send out a feeler to the potential enthusiasts at large who might want to join in and be benefitted by having some recreation while among the alikes, even if its with VWCOP set as contact point
    Call it what you wish but by creating an invite in a way that gives the impression that an event is being organized by VWAC registry or something in collaboration with VWCOP is misleading. It may give credence to your personal registry but confuses the 'potential enthusiasts at large'.

Does the Registry have information on where we plan to stay on our way back from Shindur? or the criteria of joining the rally? the costs? I don't think so. Neither is it known if we are going to Shindur first, up the Lowari Pass or Shindur last, climbing down on our way home. All of these details are being worked out taking into account the road conditions, the security updates from various agencies plus factors that we would not want to discuss on a public forum. If it was as simple as creating an event on FB we would have done it mid March

Rest assured, we will share the details, once finalized, with the wider community thru all credible means available. The enthusiasts would then be able to make an informed decision if they would like to or be able to participate.

I don't think I can put it in any simpler terms. Please PM me if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Call it what you wish but by creating an invite in a way that gives the impression that an event is being organized by VWAC registry or something in collaboration with VWCOP is misleading. It may give credence to your personal registry but confuses the 'potential enthusiasts at large'.

Does the Registry have information on where we plan to stay on our way back from Shindur? or the criteria of joining the rally? the costs? I don't think so. Neither is it known if we are going to Shindur first, up the Lowari Pass or Shindur last, climbing down on our way home. All of these details are being worked out taking into account the road conditions, the security updates from various agencies plus factors that we would not want to discuss on a public forum. If it was as simple as creating an event on FB we would have done it mid March

Rest assured, we will share the details once finalized with the wider community thru all credible means available. The enthusiasts would then be able to make an informed decision if they would like to or be able to participate.

I don't think I can put it in any simpler terms. Please PM me if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer.
    I have nothing to discuss through a PM. This discussion board is as open as I want it to be discussed.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vintage VW Picture

Pearl Continental Hotel, Peshawar - 1978
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -410437

For more such rare vintage VW pictures from Pakistan, please visit www.facebook.com/PACVWR

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bella is breathing again...

I have spent the last two days getting in good nick a very nice bus belonging to an equally nice lady. The Rawalpindi team worked long hours and even devoted their off day so the task could be completed.

Bella - the 1971 matching numbers bus is still in original paint (L53D Niagara Blue) and upholstery (52 Alabaster grey leatherette) and is really a 7 out of 10 in most areas. Never hit or abused the bus has some rust in places but is a pleasure to drive.

The bus was produced on Wednesday, 23 September 1970 and shipped to Chittagong East Pakistan (present Bangladesh)

The bus had original seals that were fitted in Germany 41 years ago. The engine was leaking oil like crazy and the previous owner converted the bus on CNG. Those things could have waited but we needed to fix the brakes first. For this I bought all new brake hoses and rear wheel cylinders in Canada. The window seals were bought at WCM.

The engine was removed so while Khalid Sahib's team worked on the leakage issues Arshad could sort out the seals.

This is what the engine looked like with oil coming out of every possible joint.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -411095

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The firewall seal is original but hardened and cracked so it was first to be replaced. The wiring looks sad too. it has probably been patched up on several occasions but it was a job for later.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -411096

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Next to be tackled was the front screen with some rust under the seal. Luckily the rust is only on the surface with no thru holes. All it required was some vigorous treatment with a wire brush finished with a coarse sandpaper, masked and sprayed with primer and then paint.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -411110

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Painted and now being polished to remove all traces of silicone sealant applied by previous owner to remedy the cracked and leaking seals.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -411118

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ready for Arshad's team who get busy installing the new seal.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -1026929

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A new set of Michelin Stealth wiper blades were fitted after the windscreen was in place

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -411121

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Meanwhile Khalid Sahibs team had taken the engine apart and were cleaning the individual parts in Kerosene

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -411123

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have spent the last two days getting in good nick a very nice bus belonging to an equally nice lady. The Rawalpindi team worked long hours and even devoted their off day so the task could be completed.

Bella - the 1971 matching numbers bus is still in original paint (L53D Niagara Blue) and upholstery (52 Alabaster grey leatherette) and is really a 7 out of 10 in most areas. Never hit or abused the bus has some rust in places but is a pleasure to drive.

The bus was produced on Wednesday, 23 September 1970 and shipped to Chittagong East Pakistan (present Bangladesh)

The bus had original seals that were fitted in Germany 41 years ago. The engine was leaking oil like crazy and the previous owner converted the bus on CNG. Those things could have waited but we needed to fix the brakes first. For this I bought all new brake hoses and rear wheel cylinders in Canada. The window seals were bought at WCM.

The engine was removed so while Khalid Sahib's team worked on the leakage issues Arshad could sort out the seals.

This is what the engine looked like with oil coming out of every possible joint.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 411095
    No Thermostat?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No Thermostat?
    Yeah, no thermostat. ...much like the 99% VW engines operational in Pakistan. The thermostat bellows can get clogged with dirt and dust, oily blow over contributes to the build=up and the result is overheating engine. The issue in most Pakistani driving conditions is NOT to keep the engine warm but rather to keep it cool. None of my cars have thermostats now. (Billo had one during her stay in Canada but was the first thing removed before we drove with the VCCCP rally)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where is every one?????
    where r u people?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no updates nothing els?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In 1952, the VW Single Cab was introduced with a 5 foot by 8.5 foot bed that could carry 1764 lbs.

The following Volksworld Magazine picture shows one of the earliest Single Cabs produced in 1952 when it was unearthed in Norway.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -412219

My question is, are there any splitscreen single/double cab pickup trucks known to exist in Pakistan as of today? Though I seriously doubt if there are any, that are known as of yet, but still one never knows.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List