Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 484 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

knob for viper washer
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    knob for viper washer
    Close in the sense that it has to do with the wipers and the washer system but thats not it.

It is the OG cap to the air filling nosel on the windscreen washer water bottle in the trunk.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Don't read German?... here is the English version

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 414806
    Only if our 90% of drivers ever understood the "change yearly" part. I have met quite a bunch of guys who were willing to put up a battle in the mechanic's honour because the mechanic had told never ever to change the brake fluid and the transmission lube, they are only supposed to be topped off, similar with the rubber brake pipes too.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggestion: Official VWCOP partners

A suggestion just came up, why doesn't the VWCOP have a few ''official'' mechanics, denters, panel beaters and painters? That way, the amateurs (such as myself) and some owners who aren't familiar with the VWCOP have an idea on who to hand over their VW's too and most importantly why.

There should be a list which should have the following format:

- Name
    - Occupation (denter, painter, panel beater, mechanic)
    - Cons
    - Amount they charge (low, medium and high)
    - Rating on 0-10 scale
    - Would you suggest them to other VDubbers (yes or no, and explaining the reason for your answer)

It's just a suggestion, I hope no one finds this little suggestion offensive in any manner.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    A suggestion just came up, why doesn't the VWCOP have a few ''official'' mechanics, denters, panel beaters and painters? That way, the amateurs (such as myself) and some owners who aren't familiar with the VWCOP have an idea on who to hand over their VW's too and most importantly why.

- Name
    - Cons
    - Rating on 0-10 scale
    - Would you suggest them to other VDubbers (yes or no, and explaining the reason for your answer)

It's just a suggestion, I hope no one finds this little suggestion offensive in any manner.
    It is a great suggestion. We have been recommending the experts in their fields, be it panel beating (denting) electricians and most important of all the mechanics, when fellow vee dubbers have asked for our input.

Our website too has a section where individual VW owners can leave feedback for any VW tech person. We would only monitor the language to keep the comments civil for all visitors to the page. (the website is currently down after an attack by Serbian hackers who defaced the front page and a lot more. We hope to have a simple version of it up at the earliest)

The issue with giving any one (or more) mechanics, electricians or dentors an official status is that individual experiences vary. e.g one very popular panel beater made a complete mess of my car while there is an army of satisfied customers who would not hear a negative word against him. I suggest the best way to go about would be to post individual recommendations and feedback. You, for example, would rate your mechanic very high and recommend everyone in Karachi to go see him if they wanted their cars fixed. (wouldn't you?)

I would however recommend that individuals not fly off the handle at the first bad experience. VW experts are a dying breed ..an endangered specie, so please provide feedback with care.

While you get work done on your car, its best to observe with full attention. You may find that the same work could have been performed by yourself or with the help of your younger brother at home.

Sooner rather than later, we'll have to rely on our own skills to keep our beloved bugs alive. Better start preparing.
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Only if our 90% of drivers ever understood the "change yearly" part. I have met quite a bunch of guys who were willing to put up a battle in the mechanic's honour because the mechanic had told never ever to change the brake fluid and the transmission lube, they are only supposed to be topped off, similar with the rubber brake pipes too.
    I had a battle with my mechanic too ... he took me to all the neighboring mechanics to prove his point. What was i to say? According to them "yeh sab bas product baichnay ke tareeqay hai"
    But the question is, will it do a burnout?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    sooner rather than later, we'll have to rely on our own skills to keep our beloved bugs alive. Better start preparing.
    word!!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

- Name
    - Cons
    - Rating on 0-10 scale

Mechanicals; Khalid Sb. hands down!

About Panel Beating;

- I really like work of Muntazir, the guy who worked on the Split Window Beetle. He's outstanding craftsman, can be very detail oriented. And I believe we already have seen what I mean. His business conduct however, remains in question. But I will go to him to get my VWs done anyday.

- I have teamed with Arshad in past. He is/can be phenomenol when steered patientlly. When he does a job full heartedly, he's second to none, that's his competitive advantage.

Painters...well Painters, I wish I could talk painters. Always have had a 'wish' to find someone who could really turn ashes into gold, but its STILL a wish to see someone like that YET.

However, I've been in discussions with various members of VCCCP over finding a quality painter. The most suitable painter (by far - to me) has been the guy who did Junaid's Austin A35 in LHR. HERE you can see the a$$-kicking job he did on the Austin A35. However I still have to go see his paint job in person in second week of July, after which I might be in a better position to decide whether to team up with him or to look for someone else.

Edit: And Oh, the guy who did Mouqeem Sb./Shakeel's 60 bug again, has done a job I would want any day.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Absolutely right... especially for transmission lube mostly mechanics suggest not to change...

Quote Originally Posted by lazeez View Post
    I had a battle with my mechanic too ... he took me to all the neighboring mechanics to prove his point. What was i to say? According to them "yeh sab bas product baichnay ke tareeqay hai"
    Yes,, most of them prove like this.
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NashTrooper View Post
    Absolutely right... especially for transmission lube mostly mechanics suggest not to change...

Yes,, most of them prove like this.
    you should have the final word in the argument as its YOUR car, YOU paid for it, YOU have received more education than them and YOU read my posts here at PakWheels.
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lazeez View Post
    If you use such mechanics then its best to just use their services and place and get them to follow what YOU SAY, they dont know jack about the difference between oil and alchohol..

I once faced a situation where a 1KZ diesel hilux surf needed a fan clutch, and the mechanic was saying ye time a zya hai, d'rect kardetay hain, solad thanda hoga injun,

This hilux was owned by a freinds colleague at work, I asked him to get me the clutch and I refurbed it over the weekend with 3000 cst silicone fluid, cleaned and polished it too that it looked brand new. I also asked the owner to tell the mechanic its brand new. I met the mechanic while it was being installed and he was talking smack about how people get looted - this fan clutch is just a way to loot money by "kompany" When I explained that I actually rebuilt it he was dead silent for about a good two minutes with a dead blank face. I then told him that if you dont know but have the wish to inquire - then ask about for information rather than starting to assume stuff, your business will increase. He was a molvi type so I told him in Qoranic reference.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

- Name
    - Cons
    - Rating on 0-10 scale

This is a great suggestion. I did something on about the exact same lines on Orkut years ago, come to think of it it was around a good 7 to 10 years ago.

Now Im not even sure if Orkut is still functional

Nasir bhai has provided much valuable input on how to go about this. I think his guidelines must be followed by all.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood View Post
    this morning when i was at my denter's place to leave my car took the following pics for reference, missing body panels and suspension is stored at owner's house, its a complete rolling chassis, overall a very doable project and starting off with a strong shell, documents status yet to be updated by me, here you go guys

Regards,
    Mahmood

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363294

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363295

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363296

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363297

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363298

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 363300
    any updates
    if any one can tell me the whereabouts of this thing and also the owner mobile phone i will be grateful
    i need a door lock which i am un able to find if any one can help me with that i will be really grate full
    :a

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    :a

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bravo122 View Post
    any updates
    if any one can tell me the whereabouts of this thing and also the owner mobile phone i will be grateful
    i need a door lock which i am un able to find if any one can help me with that i will be really grate full
    long ago update was that the owner was not willing to sell the thing, any ways plz check the attached screen shot those are exact co-ordinates of the thing, you can take number of the owner from the Zahid Auto workshop right next to the thing, big building in the shot is PSO fuel pump, and thats murree road.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -419375

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vw beetle parts for sale

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -419491 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -419492

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by intelect View Post
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 419491 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 419492
    I am interested in the following
    57) air and hazard knobs (i only require the air knobs. Are these the 2 fresh air knobs? Please post a picture)

60) inner door handle caps(are these the inserts that go inside the interior door handle that hides the screw? Post a picture please)

74) headlight bowl (for confirmation, these are the reflector bowls? Condition? post a picture of this too)

I was trying to call you but could not connect. I left a text message instead. Please respond at the soonest.

Thanks.
    But the question is, will it do a burnout?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by intelect View Post
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 419491 Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP) - 419492
    Note for information (memory note for seller); Following item numbers have been picked up by me from seller:

1, 5, 11, 25, 27, 28, 34, 42, 43, 46, 51, 69, 72, 76, 78, 79.

Total Item count: 16.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Illyas Mechanic and his boy Shahid in I&T Centre, G-8/4, Islamabad is also considered as good mechanic. I have seen many beetles here and few talks, they were satisfied with the mechanic. He don't have special workshop like Khalid sb but works good.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfdarvesh View Post
    Illyas Mechanic and his boy Shahid in I&T Centre, G-8/4, Islamabad is also considered as good mechanic. I have seen many beetles here and few talks, they were satisfied with the mechanic. He don't have special workshop like Khalid sb but works good.
    Never been with Ilyas, so no comments. But Patina, my 1965 bug has a history with them as I have been told by the PO and @shahzebulhaq. And she wasn't in any bad touch when she passed onto me.

But I have teamed up with Ustaad Asghar & his Son, Zeeshan (AKA Shani - 0300 580 7044/RWP) whenever I didn't get time with Khalid Sb. Never had a complaint after teaming up with them. So I can vouch for the duo.

But I would only recommend going to them only if you know your bugs because then you can always talk them into doing bookish things wherever they are deviating.

22. 17-06-2012, 10:00 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List