Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 484 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,220 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    mus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    mississauga
    Age
    38
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

    Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together


    Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

  2. #8201
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nmshaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    2,431
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Tune into The Drive Thru with Wes Malik on City FM89, TODAY, Tuesday July 24th at 9pm for an exclusive interview with the Volkswagen Club of Pakistan!
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

  3. #8202
    Site Banned Follow
    reezvaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,906
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Locally fabricated SS Towel Rails in 16 Gauge, anyone?

    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -449849Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -449850
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -449831

  4. #8203
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nmshaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    2,431
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=reezvaan;3463101]Locally fabricated SS Towel Rails in 16 Gauge, anyone?

    very nicely done. How do you plan to shape the ends and fit the female fittings?
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

  5. #8204
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadIshaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,169
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Tune into The Drive Thru with Wes Malik on City FM89, TODAY, Tuesday July 24th at 9pm for an exclusive interview with the Volkswagen Club of Pakistan!
    Excellent work guys!

    A big pat on the back to all participants in the interview. I think a lot of points were carried forward. I had tuned in while at work so missed about half the conversation, unfortunately. Patients first........

    Had suggested to Romano in the evening that the audio may be recorded and put up on youtube, perhaps along with a slide show of some of the members' VWs and pics from the 'trip of a lifetime'. I hope someone has done the recording.....
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

  6. #8205
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadIshaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,169
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Very nice effort on the part of Rizwan.

    Just a few final touches and these babies should be ready to go grace a VW.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

  7. #8206
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassangr8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    37
    Posts
    899
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Pictures from day 1
    Sir hats off for all of you.

    U ppl just did unbelieveable Job .

    I passed through the Brave convoy on black surf, while I was returning back from my trip near Chillas on Friday 06th July 2012.

    It was around 7 Pm and you ppl leading towards Chillas.

    I want to meet the group of barve people but could not able to do so as I was with family.

    Hope to see lot of adventure from your side.

    Best of Luck for all of you.
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.

  8. #8207
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nmshaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    2,431
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque View Post
    Excellent work guys!

    A big pat on the back to all participants in the interview. I think a lot of points were carried forward. I had tuned in while at work so missed about half the conversation, unfortunately. Patients first........

    Had suggested to Romano in the evening that the audio may be recorded and put up on youtube, perhaps along with a slide show of some of the members' VWs and pics from the 'trip of a lifetime'. I hope someone has done the recording.....
    Thank you Asad. We tried to best utilize the opportunity as the program has good a listener-ship. A recording of the program would be available on their website in a day or so and we'll post a link here.

    Wes Malik would also do a video shoot of my cars. We mutually agreed to delay it until after Ramazan as I don't have the energy to doll up all the cars for the shooting in this heat, especially when fasting. I will share with you the news as and when it happens.
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

  9. #8208
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nmshaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    2,431
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassangr8 View Post
    Sir hats off for all of you.

    U ppl just did unbelieveable Job .

    I passed through the Brave convoy on black surf, while I was returning back from my trip near Chillas on Friday 06th July 2012.

    It was around 7 Pm and you ppl leading towards Chillas.

    I want to meet the group of barve people but could not able to do so as I was with family.

    Hope to see lot of adventure from your side.

    Best of Luck for all of you.
    Yes we were behind schedule, having spent more time than we should have taking pictures and all at the Babusar top. the road (if you wish to call it that) was another factor that slowed us down.

    I hope you had as much fun as we did on our trip. I will be posting more pictures here so watch this space.

    regards
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

  10. #8209
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    romano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Haseeb2288, I read yr (long) list of gripes about the trip, and while some of them may have seemed illogical at the time, I am sure there was always a sound reason behind it. i refer to the travel sections, and the at times long slogs. Both Nasir and I have toured the Northern areas many times, but this particular trip entailed a special security update meeting at his house (I was present) and the consensus was Chilas is not safe to hang around.
    Secondly, meals; may I say you had a good system in place, with provisions, a trained cook, and a a dedicated vehicle for kitchen equipment. I have been on trips numbering over ten people where there has been NO dedicated cook, NO prior purchase of provisions, and very little thought given to meals stops. Now thats a real challenge. :-) The fact that i had to take over the F+B department is another story, but you had breakfasts of omelettes and parathas, not bad!
    Moving on, learn from the omissions of the trip, and figure out how you would run it. Who knows, next year YOU may be taking a group up North! You will come back with an extra white hair or two, of that I am sure :-)
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

  11. #8210
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    veitnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,241
    Follows
    7
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i need tyres for my volkswagen beetle any one can help ?
    lions love land rovers mikaal and mothshim

  12. #8211
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    romano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    use the tyre from the new honda city. its the closest size available. made by eurostar, 175/65x15
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

  13. #8212
    Site Banned Follow
    reezvaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,906
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    very nicely done. How do you plan to shape the ends and fit the female fittings?
    Thanks.

    Using the OG towel rails as stencils, the ends would be cut to shape using thin blade steel saw. About fitment of female connectors, there are two choices; One is obviously welding on the female fittings inside the tube but that is not what I am thinking on as welding would ruin the overall finish on the pipe.

    Instead two slits would be cut across the circumference of the tube at opposite sides of the tube. Through those slits would be injected a metal strip of considerable thickness with threaded hole (just like the strip one in the pop out hinges) and the would be bolted on with ends curled downwards (in shape of collar) to help stay the strip in place.

    Following Pictures should give you an idea of what I want to try on:
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451111Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451112

  14. #8213
    PakWheeler Follow
    lazeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    490
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Been standing here for more than 30 years and is used for storage purposes now.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451139
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451140
    But the question is, will it do a burnout?

  15. #8214
    Site Banned Follow
    reezvaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,906
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazeez View Post
    Been standing here for more than 30 years and is used for storage purposes now.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451139
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451140

    Nice spotting! Wish could be saved!

  16. #8215
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nmshaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    2,431
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lazeez View Post
    Been standing here for more than 30 years and is used for storage purposes now.
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451139
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451140
    Just a quick coat of paint and polish and she'll be good as new...or maybe inflate tyres, run as is and name her Patina senior.
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

  17. #8216
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nmshaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    2,431
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    @Haseeb2288, I read yr (long) list of gripes about the trip, and while some of them may have seemed illogical at the time, I am sure there was always a sound reason behind it. i refer to the travel sections, and the at times long slogs. Both Nasir and I have toured the Northern areas many times, but this particular trip entailed a special security update meeting at his house (I was present) and the consensus was Chilas is not safe to hang around.
    Secondly, meals; may I say you had a good system in place, with provisions, a trained cook, and a a dedicated vehicle for kitchen equipment. I have been on trips numbering over ten people where there has been NO dedicated cook, NO prior purchase of provisions, and very little thought given to meals stops. Now thats a real challenge. :-) The fact that i had to take over the F+B department is another story, but you had breakfasts of omelettes and parathas, not bad!
    Moving on, learn from the omissions of the trip, and figure out how you would run it. Who knows, next year YOU may be taking a group up North! You will come back with an extra white hair or two, of that I am sure :-)
    Romano's kitchen...Ice fishing trip to Naran with the Argentinean 1st secy and family, Roger Tomkins and others.

    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451258Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -451260
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

  18. #8217
    PakWheeler Follow
    sawan345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    663
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Someone might interested though its VW
    Volkswagen estatecar - Lahore - Cars - gulberg 3
    Looking for a Honda N600...
    http://home.earthlink.net/~scottking/id16.html

  19. #8218
    PakWheeler Follow
    shahzebulhaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    224
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Just a quick coat of paint and polish and she'll be good as new...or maybe inflate tyres, run as is and name her Patina senior.
    Please don't forget to clean the windscreen glass with glint and for a better finish use some thar sand with Hazar ka sand paper.. call me for details if you want this to be made a billion dollar auction van

  20. #8219
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    AsadIshaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,169
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmshaikh View Post
    Thank you Asad. We tried to best utilize the opportunity as the program has good a listener-ship. A recording of the program would be available on their website in a day or so and we'll post a link here.

    Wes Malik would also do a video shoot of my cars. We mutually agreed to delay it until after Ramazan as I don't have the energy to doll up all the cars for the shooting in this heat, especially when fasting. I will share with you the news as and when it happens.
    Most welcome,

    I tried to Google anything which the FM89 put on the www but no luck. Pl do let us know as soon as something is uploaded.

    On another note, the VW Micro, whatever the condition its in, is an interesting find. I dont think it would be for sale, even if it is, the outstanding taxes would be a prohibitive sum and above all its difficult someone would have the b@lls to undertake this project.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

  21. #8220
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nmshaikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    2,431
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AsadIshaque View Post
    Most welcome,

    I tried to Google anything which the FM89 put on the www but no luck. Pl do let us know as soon as something is uploaded.

    On another note, the VW Micro, whatever the condition its in, is an interesting find. I dont think it would be for sale, even if it is, the outstanding taxes would be a prohibitive sum and above all its difficult someone would have the b@lls to undertake this project.
    I'll share the link as soon as it is available.

    The bus may be a find but ultimately one has to weigh the pros of undertaking such a project. I don't find it too desirable a project to go down that avenue. There are still several buses in far better condition waiting to be restored.
    Invest in precious metal.....buy a Volkswagen!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •