Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 484 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok ..Storm..

Il check that .. wat about the other things

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

will have to check the prices,.. havn't bought them in a while now.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliasif

Yaar these pics are making me feel really depressed, jaldi say achi wali pics post karo!

BTW GL with ur project.
    KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm

hope Asad bhai does'nt see this post !!!!

How big of a deal is it to have a Toyota Corolla steering system istalled in the car.

My steering flick arm coming out from the steering shaft is broken and soo are the switches on the dash, what is the right way to go around about fixing these problems.

Can i get the indicator flick arm fixed, do I need a new Steering coloumn, or should i just get a Corolla coloumn fixed for the time being till and when i go for a complete rebuild.
    KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alisaif, I saw your car, its being build near Syed autos, right? Ask your denter to cover the bare metal with red oxide as he's working. I saw that the whole bonnet of your car had caught surface rust. the rust can be easily removed later, but even if a tiny amount is left, then it would be problem-some later.
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autobanda...
    according to most mechanics, the corolla steering (with kit) is the most easy and convenient fit (if u want 2 go for a modern steering)...
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no Jap steering wheel can compare to the VW original wheel with Fox logo and D ring horn push...or are some owners just bored with the old same old same old?
    In that case, may I have the old wheels and D rings pls? :-)
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ autobanda

I hate to see this more than you... thats y i was not posting the pics

dont worry il get something good asap

@psyb0rg

thanks for the advice il tell the denter to get it done .. actually the denter is a very lazy guy and i am stuck with him ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dp

what exactly do u mean by saying

corolla steering "with kit".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Psyborg

Regarding air filter clean:

VW manuals advocate that the air filter must never be kept upside down, not even during a clean.

They did not give a reason but heres what common sense tells me.

Look at the air cleaners top component. That dome shaped thingy houses a network of thin steel wires. Purpose of these is to soak up oil from the bottom frying pan like half. As air passes through this network of oily mesh, dust particles are trapped in the sticky mess. Clean air is drawn from the central part into the carby.

Now imagine what will happen if you dismantle your aircleaner and keep that domed filter upside down. The oil (AND whatever crap it holds) will start to trickle down to the most dependent part ie whats the topmost part. Once you set it the right way up and install, whatever crap has collected in the topmost part would go DIRECTLY into the carb. Get it??

Thsi would all the more be pronounced if you clean it with solvent, for example kerosene. Dirt washed off by the kerosene would collect in the top part and would dry there. Once the car runs on your 'clean' filter, that dirt would be sucked in freely!!

This is my own theory why VW forbids you from keeping th efilter upside down.

Oh how to clean it??

The bottom half is simple to clean. The top half may be kept in a bowl half full with kerosene and the shaken around in the horizontal plane vigorously.

Or try the approach the VWCOP website suggests. Put the filter part in a plastic bag full of kerosene and do the hippy hippy shake!

Whatever you do, keep the filter part the right way up to dry.

@ autobanda

Please tell us more about these engines.............

Can you get some detailed pics (there I go again!!) of these engines and the prices the dealer is demanding for each unit???

A FEW ppl from karachi might be interested!!!

@ alisaif

Welcome aboard brother!

Which 'oil pipes' do you need?? Please specify.

A main oil seal would cost you soemthing like 250 to 300 Rs I believe. Get the much better German ones if you can like Storm bhai has pointed out.

Petrol diaphragm.....the carburettor one is for rs 250 I think. Theres one for the early fuel pumps too. Dont know if those are in stock or not.

A packing kit ie a complete gaskit set ranges between rs 350 to rs 500 I believe.

Ask for all these things at Cheap autos. Prices are just my guesses so be prepared to go a bit up or down.

@ autobanda

Looking at your comments about mechanics!!

Good to see that you are a fast learner!!!!
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alisaif, Its better if you ask Syed Autos. They've got better prices...

@Storm, ever heard of a 'GB' series engine?
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ alisaif

Just love these pics yo are posting!!

Why dont you throw up a new thread????? Please do and post all the pics you can there.

If you need any help/advice/practical help you are welcome to contact me anytime.

Im a happy man to see that a beat up abandoned bug is being brought back to life!!

Is your car a 71 or a 72??? Does it have its original 1200cc engine or has it been changed in the past?

Quoting autobanda:

''hope Asad bhai does'nt see this post !!!!

How big of a deal is it to have a Toyota Corolla steering system istalled in the car.

My steering flick arm coming out from the steering shaft is broken and soo are the switches on the dash, what is the right way to go around about fixing these problems.

Can i get the indicator flick arm fixed, do I need a new Steering coloumn, or should i just get a Corolla coloumn fixed for the time being till and when i go for a complete rebuild. ''

Bad luck!! Ive seen what you post!! And someones about to get hurt!! Dont tell me you are even remotely considering installing a toyota or any Jap steering system in your bug!! Its one of the unforgiveable sins you could do to a VW.....

You can get a 'flick switch'.....thats the indicator switch right?? Either from a junkyard or if you are lucky your parts store might have a brand new one. Either way it would work beautifully if properly fit.

Dash switches have to be sourced from a junkyard.

If you have a big budget and the means, get some imported personally.

You should not need a complete column unless yours been messed around with by an idiot. BTW why should you preserve your original column?? Reason number 10967 is that it was collapsible starting from 1968!!

Get a Corolla column fit in and that would be the lat day you hear from me!!

Quoting devilzpassion:

''according to most mechanics, the corolla steering (with kit) is the most easy and convenient fit (if u want 2 go for a modern steering)... ''

I dont believe this!! Are you trying to ADVERTISE Japanese crap here??? Wait till I see you next!! Will pull your ears hard!

@ romano

Thanks!

Maybe your comment knocks some sense into people who are even remotely considering putting in Jap steerings and columns. Btw that is not a fox you see in the Wolfsburg logo, its a wolf.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    I love your reply (Y) shows how much love you have for the kafer (Y)

@psyb0rg
    if i'm not mistaken the GB is a porsche engine from the 914, setup is similar to the suitcase engine. all i know it is a 1.7L baseed on a VW boxer design for the Porsche 914, its heads will fit on the VW type-IV motor, which most likely means you can fit a GB to a bus or beetle with a little modification.

produces between 78-85 hp, had fuel injection, but that's all i know from the info i have at the moment.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The rotating Mercedes-Benz emblem atop the Europa-Center in Berlin, Germany, is driven by a Beetle engine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autobanda...
    the reason u c so many in the beetles here with corolla steerings is cuz they require the least amount of alteration...

the corolla steering altho is not a direct fit (and neither r any other aftermarket sports/other JDM steerings)... they require a kit, which is fitted on the column to adjust the dimensions...

@AsadIshaque...
    i dont c a corrolla steering on any of my cars (except the corolla itself), so y the hell wud i ADVERTISE this crap??? its not @ all meant for beetles... i'd rather go for the small sports steering wheels...
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brazilian sports steering rims (with the adapter) are available with zafar in Rwp, look good at under Rs.2500/.....
    They have the VW logo too....
    http://groups.google.com.pk/group/vwcop

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@romano, any pics??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quoting Storm "The rotating Mercedes-Benz emblem atop the Europa-Center in Berlin, Germany, is driven by a Beetle engine"
    Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -757937

Here is the pic
    Your opinions, my initials! - Formerly known as timelessfahad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

something for sale here;

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply...mID!12~pw.html

Regards,

Dr.MAQ (0300-8223619)
    http://www.aliqadri.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my computers power supply just got fried

:-(

will be offline for a couple of days now.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List