Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 484 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello all,

@ aliqadri:

Good that you saved the original wiring harness! Keep it safe with you. Most electricians might suggest that you junk it.....but beware they will probably say so just to earn big bucks with a 'complete wiring solution' for your bug.

Get hold of an original wiring diagram for your beetle to know more about what goes where.

@ au:

Yes I do owe you a mail. Will reply soon to that too.

The funny thing is your wishlist seems very similar to mine!

I too am on the lookout for towelrail bumpers and 5 lug solid rims (pre65). Found 'a few' towelrails only one of which was in good condition (paid through my nose for that).

Trying to have a bunch so I can mix n match to make one good set for my 59 bug. Maybe you would have to take the same approach. There is no such thing as finding a decent pair of towelrails one fine day now. Those days are gone, sadly.

The solid type rims (correct for half moons and earlier deep original wheelcaps) are hard to find too, in decent condition. Taking an approach similar to the bumpers here too. Am collecting by ones and twos. Will fish out the best set to put on the 59.

Why would you want to change the 66 slotted type currently on your car?? You do have the correct 66-67 only rare wheelcaps and in decent shape too.

Now which distributor do you want??? There are several types for the VW engine. Do you have a part number or a description?? Can look for one at the junkyard if you guide me.

Btw whats wrong with the one you have on your 66??? If the Vacuum advance unit is faulty (sometimes the diaphgram leaks....a major reason for its failure is the fact that the steel pipe of inverted U shape which VW put at the factory has been thrown out by these *beep* *beep* mechanics. This prevents fuel from backing up from the carb into the unit causing degradation of the rubber diapghragm.

You can get a vac unit from the junkyard. There are a few types so Ill need to know which one. A pic of your cars engine would help.

The distributor itself can wear out after many hundred thousand miles. The bore for the shaft becomes ovaled out and theres excessive side to side play. While this may be rebuildable by a reliable lathe walla its simpler to go for a replacement. The lobes on the shaft which actuate the point can wear down too. Most people dont know this needs a tiny dab of lithium grease when the points are adjusted/changed.

Best regards.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i can't wait till i get my 1303 back,... getting very impatient...
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

arite beetle fans.....i need eryones advice here....im interested in buyin a VW beetle cus to be honest at least it is 1000 times safer then buyin a bike,...thing is all my frnds are advising me not too...they say ull spend all ur pay on fixin it up ery month....the deal is a real good one...its a 1302 with CNG....in good condition...lil work needed....wat do u ppl say shud i go for it???

wats the worst that cud happen and wat things shud i be checkin before buyin it????
    I gota new "VIBE....kinda like voodoo...YOU do what I say and I'LL do what I wanna do!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buying and maintaining a 1302 as a first VW is (in my eyes) now the best idea. however the 1302 is a great car and since it was only made from 71-72 it is rare as well. handles very nicely, has a great engine (depending on model) and is lighter than the 1303 which followed it.

i'd always suggest a good 68+ model as a first bettle in PK as parts are easily available and they are not too rare.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Heres a link to the book 'How to restore a VW Beetle'

http://www.isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=How+to+restore+a+VW+Beetle

Its a torrent file and would require a software such as uTorrent to work. And mind you, its 250mb
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Psyborg

Ill leave the downloading to you!! Please get this on the CD you should be giving me soon along with the beetle crisis series. Lolz!

@ Storm

Patience is the name off the game....as long as the car is not being neglected.....get it done right even if it takes time is one advice I often dish out.

@ Saint

You can go for the 1302 but make sure that the front suspension is picture perfect. Any issues with that youd be stuck. Other than that get it checked like any bug.

And dont buy a bug unless you are in love with it...another of my favorite quotes!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Must see for all VW owners:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply.asp?TopicID=59717&ForumID=1

best regards

au
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dr asad.

i currently have a 009 distributor, without the vacume advance. although it performs just fine, i'd like to use one WITH vacume advance since they tend to perform alot better than the 009's. i can't buy a vacume unit and attach it to the 009, that would not be physically possible.

i am not too sure about part numbers, however if you happen to be at the yard, then a distributor with vacume advance suitable for a 1300 engine will do. if it isn't in the best of conditions, one can have it repaired later.

5 lugs for half moons, the car is a 1965 sedan. engine was changed from a 1200cc to a 1300cc with electrics conversion to 12 volts aswell. hence the 5 lugs.

true about towelrails.
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Everyone, I have little prob. with my beetle 69' 1500 engine.

Its Not producing enough power......seems powerless,car can go to speed of 80km/hr but its not that much.

I suspect plugs and related assembly, because plugs in my car are of 'a simple bike' these are not one used in beetle. plus because of these plugs, plug cables are also of some bike.

can anyone tell me that can this be the reason of less engine power????

or suggest please
    http://www.aliqadri.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliqasri

bhai plz yeh to bataeen keh aap ke beetle heatup to nahi hote ..............?
    Ahsan Qureshi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliqadri

bhai mere beetle bhee 1500cc the or believe me VTI ko peechee choortee thee on motorway

aap aik kam karoo us ka oil pump ke service kerwa lo maybe us ke cerculation jam ho
    Ahsan Qureshi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliqadri, Maybe you SHOULD get the plugs changed. Even if its not the problem, I think it would be a worthy upgrade.

@ahsanmq, VTI ko peechay??? :|:|
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahsanmq...
    kuch ziyada nahin hogaye??? thora kam karlo bhai!!! :p
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ au

Theres some problem with Yahoo mail so I could not access your latest pmail though I managed to open my mailbox only.

Ah yes the 009 does not accept the vac advance unit. Yes youll have to change the whole unit. Ill be on the lookout for one. Its a bit tricky to locate one in good condition as most scrapped cars here were neglected badly in their final days. But as you say you can do with anything, Ill look.

If Im not mistaken your two toned bug is a 66 and not a 65??? Please clarify. The 1300 engine on your car has an interesting aspect to it which I pointed out to Romano when I visited your home.

@ aliqadri

You need to run an inspection and change of the outer peripherals of your engien before assessing whether the engine is ready for a major overhaul.

The peripherals include plugs, plug wires, point condensor, rotor, coil etc. Carb must be in good shape too.

Timing and tuning needs to be checked too including adjustment of point n plug gaps etc...

Really this is a whole thread itself if explained step by step.......this is just a summary.

@ ahsanmq

Are you sure the VTI was not parked on the shoulder or driven by a sweet 80 year old lady??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    i honestly love your enthusiams for VW's.

@all
    i'm trying to be patient for my 1303 to come back but it's driving me mad,... specially sinc eit still wont be complete till i make a trip abroad :@

@aliqadri
    follow asads idea and hopefully you'll find your problem. hopefully you are running correct tyres (overall height), and your engine internals have not been changed around.

@ahsenfx
    choro, zarooro choro, maghar itni lambhi bhi nahi!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

thanx for the heartwarming comment.

What stage is your 1303 and whats the hitch??? It should not be at a stage where a delay would mean deterioration of any sort by the delay. Otherwise better to wait a bit till you have the necesary part/time/money/expertise. Why would you need to go abroad to get the ball rolling?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you're always welcome buddy.

the hitch will be that i have to get urethane bushes for the whole suspension etc as ALL of the rubber on the car is in a horrible state and the only stuff i wanted ot fit from here was the body/frame gasket. right now she's undergoing a lengthy paint process which shoudl be done on november 15th. after that i have to get the interior done, rebuild the engine (initially without forced induction) and then followed by ALOT of work once it is back at my own place (sound system, dual carbs, forced induction, strut bars, roll cage, etc..)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Urethane bushes are a very very nice upgrade. Yes they should be added at this stage when everything is apart.

The body to pan gasket....is it german or Brazil?? I got hold of a Brazil one...the last at the shop actually so consider myself lucky. Im sure the German must have been better but beggars cannot be the choosers!

I think you should post pics of the paint process which would mean that you go there daily to snap pics and while doing so keep tabs on the painter!

I hope you ll get the car home after paint lest the finish is damaged accidentally at the garage.... a commn occurance I must warn you.

Engine can be done simultaneously if you can handle it so why not start that project soon?

Isnt a roll cage too much?? Would ruin a resto project unless you are building a racer....would take up too much room I believe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw if you are getting the bushes do let me know the cost, I might be interested in a set or two also if my pocket allows at this stage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

indeed the bushes are my main priority at the moment but again i have to wait till someone is coming from the UK or if i go myself. i go regularly to check up on the car but havn't pisted pics on PW as i'm still "experimenting" at the momemt with a few processes.

i don't mind leaving the car at the garae after paint because if any damage is done they will have to redo the whole damaged panel (this is a deal i have with them).

I'll have the engine rebuilt there with a few minor changes done to it (like lower compression pistons from a euro spec beetle etc) and once it is back home i'll do the finishing touches as i don't want my ideas copied/ripped off by any passer by (will never open the lid for anyone when i'm done).

roll cage is just an idea at the moment, but if i can source the 2100-2700 type 4 block that i'm dying to get then it will be required, specially in a locally rebuilt car.

the gasket is a brazilian one as far as i know, seemed good enough for at least 5 years of driving, specially since i don't intend on driving the 1303 alot.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List