Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 484 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@funkycapricorn
    the E-series came in the type 1 from 1965 till 1970 and is a 1.3L rated at 37hp.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, I know its the 40 horse T2 engine. Its the same one I've got in my car.
    I'm looking for an H or a bigger Ax series engine to build myself for my car.
    And for this car, there are no immediate plans for any work. It will be driven as is for a couple of months then we'll decide what to do with it...
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you want more power but good fuel economy why not go for the AR 1300? it's dual port and pushes out 44hp. had that in my 1303 and it was as fast as my 1500 (H-series) 68, but gave MUCH better economy.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I doubt I'll find it here in Karachi...And since I DO plan to make a 'special' engine, why not do it with more displacement, more bang for the buck I'd say...
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no matter what, you'll need a dual port engine if you intend on making more power on a single carb setup so the AR and AS engines are a good place to start. however if you are planning on using the original block you cna get piston & sleeve sets for the current engine and can go up to 2.0L and dual carbs,.. it'll fly!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rockaholiciam...
    congrats on the purchase...

@Storm...
    hhhmmm.... u've got me thinking!!! (6)
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all

I checked out the sounds on John Muirs pages and as Storm had predicted they were music to my ears.

However I could not make out many of the noises, perhaps my next project should be an overhaul of both ears??

@ rockaholiciam

Congrats on your purchase! Welcome to the club. The car is a very good buy. I think you paid a very reasonable sum for it.

I think you are psyborgs friend?? He had mentioned about you several times. Let me know if you need any sort of help.

@ psyborg

Congrats! We have another 'Disciple' Keep it up.

@ all

Looks like many of us would be running around soon building BIG engines!!
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wait a sec.....

I seem o recognise this dark green bug....it belonged to a friend of mine. He sold it some years ago. Ah yes it had a 1500 engine. Was being run on LPG then.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^you mean this dark blue one....?
    The previous owner used to live in Steel Town.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh its dark BLUE????

Need to check my eyes too now. I thought it was dark green.

The one I was speaking of was dark green but it was very similar to this. The friend sold it way back in 2004 I think. Dont know where it went but he sold it under pressing conditions. His mom had cancer and he needed the money for her treatment......

Btw I spoke to Syed about the issue you are facing. Can you believe what he said??? Let the pump nozzle stay there.....eventually it would bury itself in the piston top and not cause any probs!!

Whats the status at your end???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let the pump nozzle stay there.....eventually it would bury itself in the piston top and not cause any probs!!
    did he lose something in his carb, which eventually made its way to the conbustion chamber? wouldn't it be easier to remove the heads rather than risking a bent/snapped valve? or cracked piston? or both?

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -811469

this is what happened to a friend of mine a while back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@AsadIshaque and Storm,

I read ur last post and I couldn't help but add my 2 cents here as well. IF you loose a nozzle from the carb and it goes into the chamber .... forget about it and replace with a new one. It WILL NOT hurt anything in the chamber. Happened to me on my '68 and I started hearing this noise from the engine and the engine started to stall so I just shut it off. Went to get Mr Shakeel (I wonder why no one discussed him on the forum. He used to be in 'pindi and was quite good and knowledgeable and helpful too). He diagnoses the problem as a missing nozzle (because we had just replaced it about 30 mins before the incident) and revved the engine for like 30 seconds and the nozzle was gone. No harm done. The car ran fine after that. No problems. (Its in hibernation since than for over 4 years now so there are other things I would be worried about now).

But, long story short, if its a nozzle, or other small tid bit that finds its way into the chamber DON'T PANIC and let it be. Won't harm anything.

Regards,
    MSKHAN
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah I lost it, it fell in.
    There was banging noise, it must've gotten stuck on a valve or something. The noise disappeared after 30 seconds or sow. I drove the car home and it has been parked for 2 weeks now.
    I've got exams the coming week so will have the heads removed after that...planning on getting the valves and rings replaced.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i sometimes worry about the sanity of some of our local mechanics.... and ourselves.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks all for the warm welcome and appreciation...i do intend to keep a beetle and get some work done on it but that will have to wait a while, atleast a few months bfr i start earning some dough...the mechanic who arranged the deal has this other 1967 beetle in very good condition, only has some problem with the engine that needs some time fixing...if i'm gonna build one, i feel it would rather be that then the one i currently own since i am more fond of the older look...hopefully, it would stay with him for some time...
    @ storm...i'm a complete noob when it comes to bugs, psyb0rg would know better abt the rear fenders...the papers say its a 1970s model...
    @asad...yup i am, it could be the beetle u assume it is, the very first owner was from nazimabad, it was the second owner who got it modified who i hear is an enthusiast and has another well modified beetle with him these days, one that he says he wont even sell for 250k...need to chk that out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rockaholiciam
    welcome to the crazy side of motoring. soon you will be infected with the type1 virus and then you'll be having "bugasms" all the time.

(Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^'bugasms' I like that!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rockaholiciam, for your info, Type1 is the Beetle, Type2 is the bus/camper.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL, this post is running a little dry lately...whats up with you all!?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just to freshen up the thread....

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -812176

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -812177

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -812178
    I have learnt that I have a lot to learn.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List