Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 484 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had met the guy the day he told the peinter to copy my car (i was standing right next to him). i then paid the denter 1000rs to change the shade slightly and he never did it. first time i saw the rip-off,.. i wanted my 1000rs back.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm...
    is it just me, or r the orange bug's (copied one) front fenders actually not aligned properly??? i guess the denter did do some gud!!! :p

@psyborg...
    long time no c (as in other than the forums)... kidhar gum ho??? how's the bug???

would actually not comment on the copy cats, cuz then i'll get banned from PW for gud!!!
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

au
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

storm.

is that khalid's workshop?

the bus seems to be a wonderful project and the fact that its at a workshop hopefully means that there are some concrete plans for its restoration. top notch. out of curiosity, what is your friend doing for parts? i assume next to nothing will be available here and the condition its in, there will be a need for a fair few things.
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have offered to buy 1974 Beatle for Rs. 30000 Can anyone tell me is it a good deal to buy. It is a standard model with Karachi number.

Moreover can you tell me if we can install AC in it. For use in Lahore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, I don't recall seeing the van's pics. Please post 'em again if possible.
    And how many splits does your friend have? Is he planning on selling any? There are many people looking for it...
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@DP, busy with uni. exams, projects...
    will be done with everything by the end of May.

The bug hasn't moved for more than 2 months now *gulp*. Will get it back on the road as soon as I get time...

How about an all Beetle meet in the first week of June???
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UMER127, the price surely depends on the condition of the car. Post some pics here so that people can help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Anonymous caller, dude you called me a few days ago inquiring about my Beetle.
    Sorry I wasn't helpful as you woke me up from my sleep and my brain wasn't functioning fully.
    Surely if you post here I would be able to get back to you and see the car you mentioned...were you talking about a split bug??
    Do call me or post here!
    Sorry!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@psyb0rg...
    almost the same with me... up for the meet, anytime u want to organize it...
    '70 VW Beetle, '76 Jeep CJ5 (2jzge), '76 Honda CD 175, '79 Mazda GLC (3sge Beams), '04 KIA Sportage (3CT), '13 Toyota Corolla

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey what about A/C in 1974 beatle. Moreover tell me if we can alter beatle with some water cooled engine, if yes then which car's engine can be fit in.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ msm

Not much luck with the 68. Seakings has generously offerred a storage space and I will most probably take it up.

@ psyborg

Please dont post these pics from the www. 'Meri sehat par buray asar partay hain!'

@ All Isb members

I really wish I was in you city for the show. Romano wants to kill me for not coming over despite his repeated invitations and requests. Well, someday soon. Lets see.

@ Storm

That garage is a VW lovers dream. Soo many projects going on.......

Is Liquids VW the same 66 you had rebuilt sometime ago???

@ Umer127

A 74 for 30K may be a very reasonable buy. Please post its pics here so we can comment further.

About ACs please browse this forum a bit (if you dare to go thru the last 'few' pages!). We had a long discussion in the past.

Please do not RUIN a Beetle by shoving a watercooled engine up its @$$. Its been done and the problems you would encounter would be more than what you had bargained for. The aircooled flatfour is a sweet unit and if anyone has told you tales about it overheating just ask that person/s to go sit on a really hot stove!

@ Psyborg and Devilspassion:

Young men!! You need a collective thrashing!! Dont leave the bugs stranded please. Before you know it the issues would MULTIPLY and you would be stuck with jammed brakes and what not. Please keep them running.

Any help from my side is available 24/7 for you guys. how about we meet up this weekend if you want to discuss anything???

Best regards to all.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

msm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Umer127
    replacing engine wid other type, chopping roof, cutting fenders or other things like that are known as R@#E so plz dont do that
    "Ghunna milay ga aap ko. aap beetle ka sath aysa karoo *** to who roaey gee "
    by the way if u want a water cooled dan why ur after Air cooled? get some other car..
    no offence just curious
    main aysi quam say hon jiskey wo bachon say darta hai
    bara dushman bana phirta hai jo bachon say larta hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all

My very slippery denter is just about in my grasp for really digging into the 59 ragtop project.

I will start to update my dedicated thread (if I can find it!!) with loads of pics already with me and the details.

I hope to take things forward soon. Stay tuned!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

from the last posts i came to know that AC is not a workable option.

I will be uploading the pics of car soon.

Also you guys would be of great help to me in restoring it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@AsadIshaque...
    i have not stranded my bug, its as if, it just doesnt want to hit the road!!! :p this weekend would be absolutely fine with me... cuz i need your advice on a few things...

LOLZ @ The aircooled flatfour is a sweet unit and if anyone has told you tales about it overheating just ask that person/s to go sit on a really hot stove!

@UMER127...
    the AC in a bug is as workable an option as in any other car available... u just need to find the right kind of setup and have a proper installation done...

you can practically put any engine in the bug, but anything other than the original involves cutting the body to get the precise fitting and that is R@#E (as @msm puts it)...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    yes it's the same car, we had found there was a bit of noise inside the car from the engine side. luckily the problem was a missing seal and now she purs gently. As for missing the meet,... inexcusable (just kidding). I look forward to having you scrutinize my 1303 when you get here.

@Umer127
    watercooled engines are too heavy, if you can get a aircooled engine running correctly you'll forget about fitting a watercooled engine in the beetle for sure. If you wish to have an Airconditioner in the beetle you'll first have to have a larger engine fit so that it can handle the extra load of the AC compressor. only reason for a n aircooled powerplant to overheat is too much load or if it is badly built. BTW do note that in reality these engines are NOT 100% aircooled, they rely on oil to cool the internals and by fitting an external oil cooler you'll never have to wory about the heat.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

au
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

storm.

is that khalid's workshop in your pictures?

the bus seems to be a wonderful project and the fact that its at a workshop hopefully means that there are some concrete plans for its restoration. top notch. out of curiosity, what is your friend doing for parts? i assume next to nothing will be available here and the condition its in, there will be a need for a fair few things.
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Came across on the net, thought i would share.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -829272
    ///M Power

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@au
    yup that's khalids place. the bus parts are almost all sourced. the owner is a hardcore "keera" when it comes to finding parts and stuff (he was the one to check my 1303 for me in lahore). i don't know how he does it but he manages to find ANYTHING. will keep you updated on the build every time i go there. he;s got a few van's busses etc. his latest conquest is a syncro transporter.

@alkazar
    that is a very famous Beetle in germany, it's wona few "best of show" awards and has been in quite a few W magazines.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Storm

I would love to hear more about this 'keera'. If you remember I have a long wishlist of parts for my 59 ragtop project. Please see if this gentleman can help me in any way.

Thanking you in anticipation.

best regards.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List