Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 484 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 9673
Like Tree2125Likes

Thread: Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Club of Pakistan (VWCOP)

Lets all contribute pics and memories to this timeless classic that has faithfully served generations. It is my 1st car memory and my dad who is a Beetle enthusiast at one time had a total of 4 beetles in our garage Here's a little history of this miraculous German wonder: 'The history of the Beetle really goes back to pre 2nd world war Germany when Ferdinand Porsche had a vision of a mass produced vehicle that was affordable to the average German, an idea that was shared with the young Adolf Hitler who himself could not drive, but was a car fanatic. Hitler was apparently influenced by the achievements of Henry Ford and his production lines - reading Ford's biography while in prison during 1923. Porsche had previously worked on some other small cars that used many elements later to be included in the Beetle. The Type 32 prototype NSU of 1934 was an air-cooled rear engined four cylinder horizontally opposed powered car that used torsion bar suspension and featured beetle-like styling.' --- source - Google.co.uk lets keep the posts rolling - add pics of bugs you've owned or own! I'll add my dad's bug family pics as well ... I guess he fell in love with this oddly shaped car after he drove it down to Pakistan from Germany!!!! .. stories of that wonderous journey keep us entertained whenever our family gets together

Mod edit: thread title changed in May 2008
    Never give up .. cuz that is when the tide will change!...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Asad
    I am very thankful to you for all the help. I dont intend to ruin the buss for my speed thrills, for that i have a fully modified evolution 8 and a STi a limited edition model. In all honesty i dont need to give justifications period. The only reason i am doing so is simply because i would like things to be crystal clear. Also i dont want you to feel that you wasted your precious time as you might have felt. Hope i was able to clear confusion/confusions if any.
    Cheers,
    Buksh
    JAM 2.3 Venolia-Oliver Stage III, Buschur Racing GT67 P Trim Turbo Kit, Injectors 1000cc, Apexi PFc D-Jetro, HKS 272s, AMS VSR Intake Manifold, HKS Typr R, HKS Hi-Power Catback, HKS GD Max Twin, HKS DLI-II, HKS EVC 6, HKS T Timmer, HKS Circuit Attack Counter, Defi Link Control, Defi Exhaust Temperature Gauge, Defi Water Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Pressure Gauge, Defi Fuel Pressure Gauge, Defi Boost Gauge, AEM Uego, CF Hood, CF Trunk, JDM 9 Rear Bumper, C West GT Wing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    i know what you mean. today when getting fuel some muppet put his foot on my fender while i had my back turned. when i saw it i flipped out and said "MOVE" and the guy was like "yeh sirf eik foxy hai".

as i paid for my fuel and drove of he was still trying to get up...

@fruitcake
    no justifications needed, someone like you is an ideal candidate for a beetle rebuild, you have the sources abroad, access to deep pockets and you are enthusiastic about any project you undertake.

but a 12 second bus would ROCK!!
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i flipped out and said "MOVE" and the guy was like "yeh sirf eik foxy hai".

as i paid for my fuel and drove of he was still trying to get up...
    The moment i read this i was like you must have unleashed hell. And dude no deep pockets. And if i was to do a vwrx it would be on the beetle. Hell yeah at the 12 sec Bus.
    JAM 2.3 Venolia-Oliver Stage III, Buschur Racing GT67 P Trim Turbo Kit, Injectors 1000cc, Apexi PFc D-Jetro, HKS 272s, AMS VSR Intake Manifold, HKS Typr R, HKS Hi-Power Catback, HKS GD Max Twin, HKS DLI-II, HKS EVC 6, HKS T Timmer, HKS Circuit Attack Counter, Defi Link Control, Defi Exhaust Temperature Gauge, Defi Water Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Temperature Gauge, Defi Oil Pressure Gauge, Defi Fuel Pressure Gauge, Defi Boost Gauge, AEM Uego, CF Hood, CF Trunk, JDM 9 Rear Bumper, C West GT Wing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

spotted this ghia today, belongs to tariq amin, and no he wont sell it. i've been after his life for almost 5 years now.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835208
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why do yo keep bumping into him?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WOW! Beetle Rules,,,,,,,
    1947 Lincoln Continental V12 Cabriolet, 1965 Ford Mustang V8 289 Convertible, 1954 Austin Healey 100 BN1, 1952 Citroen Traction Avant, 1969 Fiat 500 Lusso, 1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton truck, 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood, 1938 Triumph Tiger 100, 1941 BSA M20 with sidecar, 1949 Triumph Speed Twin with sidecar, a 1968 VW and a 1951 Volkswagen Split Screen......previously owned; 1949 Mercedes SV 170, 1949 Jaguar Mk V, 1950 MG TD, 1958 Austin Healey Sprite, 1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville, 1967 Daimler V8 250, 1967 Pontiac Firebird, 1954 Mercedes 300B, 1958 Mercedes 180D moon roof, 1971 Mercedes 280S, 1933 Chrysler, 1963 Mini Austin, 1961 Fiat 500 Nouva, 1979 Audi 100 5E Coupe, 1979 BMW 730 and a 1964 Triumph TR4

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fruitpie
    he was asking about you again

actually he lives right next door to a old friend of mine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Something interesting from the Web.
    A lot of trickery going on here...

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835228
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835230
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835231

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835232

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835233

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Buksh

Please check your pmail.

@ Storm

Feel like kicking the muppet from the gas station episode.

That Ghia is sexy! I like the duos pic you posted.

@ psyborg

You make us feel small posting pics of fast bugs from the www. Please post details on the interesting setup in the first pic. Seems like a dual supercharger.

Best regards.
    If there are no Beetles in heaven, Im not going!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Doc, when you feel small, you do big things

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Doc, I've lost the carb's barrel clamp, which is the nut like thing which holds the accelerator cable to the linkage.

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835260

Where do I get one now? Cheap or some carburetor guy?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asad bahi i will and dying to start the project

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad
    read my post again carefully, i dealt with him.

@psyb0rg
    it that a dual supercharger setup? As for my favorite fast beetle, this is my favorite one:

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835587

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all & mods
    my request is to rename this thread the "VW club of pakistan" thread, like in the case of the vcccp and IJC threads.

BTW a few of us went on a 100mile trip to murree via "the scenic routes" and also had an AMAZING picnic as well. no modern car available in PK could have offered what these old VW's do in terms of ride smoothness on the rough stuff.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here's a few pics of our trip today:

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835593

Volkswagen Club of Pakistan VWCOP -835594

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice suggestion. Sameer you took the pics from your cell?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List