Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Volkswagen Wax Polish

Dear Members,

I am planning to import Volkswagen Wax Polish from UK for myself. It is genuine as I will be importing it directly from VW Parts Direct. It contains 250ml content and I think its German Manufacturing. The estimated price for now is 1300. Just wanted to know that is any other PW member interested in buying it as I can get several pieces.
    Volkswagen Wax Polish -1361374

MGK
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by onthehonda View Post
    Are you talking about this one
    Volkswagen Wax Polish -1362626
    thats it is

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is an AIO (including abrasives) I believe and not meant for regular use everytime you wax your car. You would use this for base prep once/twice a year and need a dedicated LSP.

--
    Sent from a hand held device
    Abdul Hayee Bhatti -- My detailing thread : http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/body-work-interior-paint-glass-appearance/228843-dynamicallystatics-car-detailing-thread

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pardon my ignorance but whats the difference in polish n wax n plz suggest a good polish n wax so that i can ise it for my prius also what is meant by base preparation.. Currently i m using formula 1 polish n car shampoo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roomi351 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but whats the difference in polish n wax n plz suggest a good polish n wax so that i can ise it for my prius also what is meant by base preparation.. Currently i m using formula 1 polish n car shampoo
    Base preparation means that remove dirt that the paint has absorbed with the help of a clay bar. You can also use polish for preparing a base as most of the polish contain very mild compound and remove some swirls and marks. Now to protect the paint you have to apply a layer of wax over it(between polish and wax give a duration of 6 hours). The selection of a wax/polish depends upon your budget and expertise. Formula1 shampoo is just a car shampoo and nothing special. You seem to be a beginner in the field of detailing. I would always say, start from cheap products(cheap in sense of cost not quality) and progress gradually as you start to build sense of detailing. For polish I would say buy Formula1 metallic polish(costs 550). If the colour of your car is light go for kangroo wax(costs 450) whereas if its dark buy Unicon80 black wax(costs 650). Once you have enough knowledge then shift to Turtle Ice synthetic wax(costs 1600) or Maguires(costs 2400). Another thing is that polish a surface once in six months and wax every 15th day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i m a beginner my car colour is silver i tried to shampoo it and the formula wax was applied i am sharing some pics about the resultsName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1393167209.611291.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  189.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1393167253.880939.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  152.6 KB
    But surely now i will follow the instructions given by you n then will share what i achieved..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i m a beginner my car colour is silver i tried to shampoo it and the formula wax was applied i am sharing some pics about the resultsName:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1393167209.611291.jpg
    But surely now i will follow the instructions given by you n then will share what i achieved..
    Nice results... Sure, I will be waiting for the results.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With your car's worth, I would suggest upping your car care products . Forumula wax is no justice to this car's worth. Look into getting yourself some Turtle or Meguiars range. The initial spending may vary in the range of 5-8k, but that would last for a good 2-3 years and would continue to protect your car and keep looking it great.
    Abdul Hayee Bhatti -- My detailing thread : http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/body-work-interior-paint-glass-appearance/228843-dynamicallystatics-car-detailing-thread

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicallyStatic View Post
    With your car's worth, I would suggest upping your car care products . Forumula wax is no justice to this car's worth. Look into getting yourself some Turtle or Meguiars range. The initial spending may vary in the range of 5-8k, but that would last for a good 2-3 years and would continue to protect your car and keep looking it great.
    Thanks a lot for the advice u m willing to pay and get good products but from where i can get original products in lahore.. Plz guide

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot for the advice u m willing to pay and get good products but from where i can get original products in lahore.. Plz guide
    Get yourself a proper car shampoo that does good cleansing yet will not remove your wax. Some options are:

- Turtle ice shampoo (1.25ltrs), Meguiars NXT shampoo (2 ltrs), Meguiars Wash n wax shampoo (1.5ltrs) etc (these vary from 1200-1800). You can even opt for armorall shampoo from metro/hyperstar

Next get yourself a nice car wax. Some options are:
    - Turtle ice paste wax (around 1500). Given your car color, this will produce good results and you'll have to sort of reapply every 2 weeks.

- Meguiars ultimate wax (around 3300). This is a bigger container than the turtle ice and is an excellent quality wax. You'll have to reapply every 3-4 weeks and this will produce better looks than turtle ice.

Which ever shampoo you get, always wash using "two bucket method car wash" (google for it).

Get yourself some microfibers and never use that road side cloth full of linted. Microfibers are designed to minimise the possibility of car scratch and attracts dirt in its fibers rather than dragging on car's body. Some options:

- Meguiars supreme shine towel (pack of 3). will cost you around 1500. Use one for car washing, one for drying and one for wax removal.

Avoid dry dusting your car as much as you can. A spray called "quick detailer" is available in various brands (around 1200) that you lightly mist on a dusty (not dirty) car and use a towel to clean it up. This will prevent bringing on those small scratches (spider web like called swirls mostly visible when light is reflecting). You could opt for an armorall quick detailer from metro/hyperstar as thats cheap (700ish).

Join the https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...28#post4260450 forum and read posts.

The turtle/meguiars should be available from "Detailing Crew" whose address you can ask on the above mentioned forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List