Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: my first ever car in my life, budget 10,00,000+, weagon r or cultus??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default my first ever car in my life, budget 10,00,000+, weagon r or cultus??

I am going to purchase my first ever car. my budget is 10,00,000+. i have decided to purchase either wagon r or cults. Which car is more durable and suitable for long distances e.g. Lahore to sargodha. I have heard that small cars are not suitable for long travels (jaldi kharak jati hain). is it right? does weagon r fall in that category?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qasimksj View Post
    I am going to purchase my first ever car. my budget is 10,00,000+. i have decided to purchase either wagon r or cults. Which car is more durable and suitable for long distances e.g. Lahore to sargodha. I have heard that small cars are not suitable for long travels (jaldi kharak jati hain). is it right? does weagon r fall in that category?
    Should add FAW V2 to the list. Its a great car except the resale issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Community Votes: 5
    If resale is not a concern then FAW V2 is a very good choice far better than wagon r. Wagon r feels unstable on highways while Faw v2 run's like a champ i have got a chance to drive both on highways and found Faw v2 to be good than Wagon r. Rest both cars are comfortable Faw has a 1300cc engine and Wagon r has 1000cc though wagon r is not a under powered car at all the car is power full.

Sent from my D2502 using PW Forums mobile app
    Four wheels move the body
    Two wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faw v2 or old corolla. 10 lakh is alot of money. Get yourself a good car

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wagonr is not meant for highways. Its meant for inside city driving

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wagon R should be your ultimate choice because cultus is almost obsolete now and Suzuki is planning to stop it production by end of this year even though i dont like Wagon R much but according to market condition Wagon R is good for you. and if you dont have any concerns over Resale value then add Faw V2 to your list as well.

Japanese cars are also fall in your budget category but that's totally up to your choice.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Answer
    Wagonr without any doubt. I preferred it over my company maintained xli with power windows and a brand new Mehran VXR euro II. I guess this speaks a lot, forget V2 at all. I have studied n checked both v2 and wagonr, wagonr has got all pluses with a quality and a brand name whereas V2 has additional gadgets but no quality at all and just think about the quality and durability of V2 dozens of gadets majority of which are kind of not that much required as one can easily live without those as when these will start making problems one would not be left with other choices but only to start removing them from the car. Morover v2 has different usage pattern of wiper, lights power windows levers etc which itself gives a weird feel but again this is a minor issue but quality. The thing i found most in this car was the lack of quality, it doesnt matter then how many things are you getting, its bett to have less but required and with an acceptable level of quality. On the other hand wagonr has got equally required gadgets but with a nice quality and a brand name of Suzuki, as far as wind issue is concerned, its pretty stable till 100 in even extreme winds as I am a daily commuter of Motorway. Even my xli used to make me feel the shake in extreme winds and my normal speed is 100 - 120 and again every day is not an extreme windy day which would bother you like anything. Its a matter of Rs 1M and for me its a pretty huge amount☺........ now choice is yours.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nadeemkhan207 View Post
    Wagonr without any doubt. I preferred it over my company maintained xli with power windows and a brand new Mehran VXR euro II. I guess this speaks a lot, forget V2 at all. I have studied n checked both v2 and wagonr, wagonr has got all pluses with a quality and a brand name whereas V2 has additional gadgets but no quality at all and just think about the quality and durability of V2 dozens of gadets majority of which are kind of not that much required as one can easily live without those as when these will start making problems one would not be left with other choices but only to start removing them from the car. Morover v2 has different usage pattern of wiper, lights power windows levers etc which itself gives a weird feel but again this is a minor issue but quality. The thing i found most in this car was the lack of quality, it doesnt matter then how many things are you getting, its bett to have less but required and with an acceptable level of quality. On the other hand wagonr has got equally required gadgets but with a nice quality and a brand name of Suzuki, as far as wind issue is concerned, its pretty stable till 100 in even extreme winds as I am a daily commuter of Motorway. Even my xli used to make me feel the shake in extreme winds and my normal speed is 100 - 120 and again every day is not an extreme windy day which would bother you like anything. Its a matter of Rs 1M and for me its a pretty huge amount☺........ now choice is yours.
    V2 has same quality as jdm vitz. I have checked it thoroughly. Its not only about gadgets, its about abs and airbags. You can't just go good without them and no they won't fall apart. V2 is way more comfortable, like city from inside. Has all power windows compared to cheap looking two front pw only. It is more powerful. Very stable. Plus it doesn't look like a rikshaw. Ugh i don't know why people prefer it, i wont understand them tbh. Test drive a v2 maybe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Btw no xli shakes at 120, yours must have misaligned tires.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goku1 View Post
    Btw no xli shakes at 120, yours must have misaligned tires.

Why not? It was a company maintained vehicle with each n every fluid being us, ed an OEM one and used to be buttery smooth even on 180 now you can better understand that it was not a routine car rather a rare one in a top notch. As I daily use motorway for my office from Peshawar to charsadda and back, yesterday again an extreme windy evening (majority cant even understand the intensity due to less usage) and I was being followed by a civic probably 2008 - 2010 model and I was on app 100 whereas that car remained behind me till Peshawar toll plaza and it was pretty evident that the young driver was unable to speed the car beyond that limit due to heavy wind. By heavy wind I mean that walls cant stay anymore and billboards swaying away....... that civic and other vehicles were misaligned tyres too???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wagon r vxl is better. cultus has only one edge on wagon r that its 4 cylinder and wagon r is 3 cylinder

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goku1 View Post
    V2 has same quality as jdm vitz. I have checked it thoroughly. Its not only about gadgets, its about abs and airbags. You can't just go good without them and no they won't fall apart. V2 is way more comfortable, like city from inside. Has all power windows compared to cheap looking two front pw only. It is more powerful. Very stable. Plus it doesn't look like a rikshaw. Ugh i don't know why people prefer it, i wont understand them tbh. Test drive a v2 maybe.

I have driven it last year very articulatedly, its an open challenge that park both the cars side by side n would get the answer why people are preferring it. By the way your question contains the answer itself ☺. Technically good n maintained brake doesnt require an ABS as a must n you know the reason why. Uptill now successful all PKDMS were without it so its totally meaning less. And airbags, doesnt work after 60 and again I doubt its functionality n quality since all units I checked at 3s were having faulty tachometers, afterwards response of the needle. Apparently, technically full quality compromised, two power windows with a reasonable quality n name are far better than four low quality without any established brand name.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you plan on travelling intercity, just walk away from a wagonR. These 1000cc local ones and specially high body like wagonR with small tyres and unstable centre of gravity is not as safe as a lower car. Just vibrations at 100 is not a criteria, there are other factors such as God Forbid high speed emergency braking, abrupt and sudden lane changes, combined effects of cross wind, curved roads etc. Cultus may be an old yob but better than wagonR for highways.
    As some members suggested Faw V2 is a good option if resale is not a concern.
    And did someone say XLi being shaky at 100? well that's the first time I have heard such a thing. Though I am not much of an XLi fan but that by no means change the fact that it vibrates, It doesn't. Get wheel balancing and alignment done. XLi's don't and they should not vibrate like this at 120. Most of my intercity trips Lahore-Multan, Lahore-Pindi, Lahore-Bhakkar are either on a company City or a Corolla XLi/GLi and never has a Corolla vibrated at such a speed.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
    If you plan on travelling intercity, just walk away from a wagonR. These 1000cc local ones and specially high body like wagonR with small tyres and unstable centre of gravity is not as safe as a lower car. Just vibrations at 100 is not a criteria, there are other factors such as God Forbid high speed emergency braking, abrupt and sudden lane changes, combined effects of cross wind, curved roads etc. Cultus may be an old yob but better than wagonR for highways.
    As some members suggested Faw V2 is a good option if resale is not a concern.
    And did someone say XLi being shaky at 100? well that's the first time I have heard such a thing. Though I am not much of an XLi fan but that by no means change the fact that it vibrates, It doesn't. Get wheel balancing and alignment done. XLi's don't and they should not vibrate like this at 120. Most of my intercity trips Lahore-Multan, Lahore-Pindi, Lahore-Bhakkar are either on a company City or a Corolla XLi/GLi and never has a Corolla vibrated at such a speed.

Project Reborn 8th Gen Civic 2007 - 272964
    I simply cant understand why such mature people inhere havnt developed the habit of careful reading? This is the second time I am getting an input that Xli vibrates on 100 bla bla oh come on yar, it was associated with high winds and even on a routine day Wagonr doesnt even shake on 170, DONT TRUST ME? OK come have a drive with me on a normal day and would crank my car to 170 n would get the answer since I daily commute over motorway and occasional runners cant even come close to a daily runner trust me on this. Again this is about heavy winds heavy winds and heavy winds, read completely n carefully.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for faw v2. Wagon r is crap .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I simply cant understand why such mature people inhere havnt developed the habit of careful reading? This is the second time I am getting an input that Xli vibrates on 100 bla bla oh come on yar, it was associated with high winds and even on a routine day Wagonr doesnt even shake on 170, DONT TRUST ME? OK come have a drive with me on a normal day and would crank my car to 170 n would get the answer since I daily commute over motorway and occasional runners cant even come close to a daily runner trust me on this. Again this is about heavy winds heavy winds and heavy winds, read completely n carefully.
    Bro simple laws of physics, a lower XLi with a wider track, longer wheel base and less boxy body is obviously supposed to be more stable under same circumstances compared to the higher, less wider, shorter wheelbase box type car.
    And as far as 170 on a WagonR is concerned, thanks I will pass. I'm gonna prefer to believe you instead of availing this offer. I'm a slightly scared kind of guy and wouldn't try that on a Corolla, forget the WagonR for such an experience.
    Drive safe though.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
    Bro simple laws of physics, a lower XLi with a wider track, longer wheel base and less boxy body is obviously supposed to be more stable under same circumstances compared to the higher, less wider, shorter wheelbase box type car.
    And as far as 170 on a WagonR is concerned, thanks I will pass. I'm gonna prefer to believe you instead of availing this offer. I'm a slightly scared kind of guy and wouldn't try that on a Corolla, forget the WagonR for such an experience.
    Drive safe though.

This guy thinks wagon r is more stable than xli 😂😁
    Seriously, phir to hiace sub se zaida stable hui

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Community Votes: 1
    P. S i would never ever drive a wagon r upto 130 let alone 170 a slight turn and you'll be flying 😂😄

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have driven it last year very articulatedly, its an open challenge that park both the cars side by side n would get the answer why people are preferring it. By the way your question contains the answer itself ☺. Technically good n maintained brake doesnt require an ABS as a must n you know the reason why. Uptill now successful all PKDMS were without it so its totally meaning less. And airbags, doesnt work after 60 and again I doubt its functionality n quality since all units I checked at 3s were having faulty tachometers, afterwards response of the needle. Apparently, technically full quality compromised, two power windows with a reasonable quality n name are far better than four low quality without any established brand name.
    So basically abs is useless. NICE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for wagon R it would be perfect ride for you.
    very smooth drive even at 110km/h this car is very stable if you change your tyres to 175/70/R13
    At motoway i drove my Wagon R at 140km/h i know its dangerous but it was still stable at this speed .
    Fuel average is really good far better than cultus

Sent from my GT-I9505 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List