Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: my first ever car in my life, budget 10,00,000+, weagon r or cultus??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default my first ever car in my life, budget 10,00,000+, weagon r or cultus??

I am going to purchase my first ever car. my budget is 10,00,000+. i have decided to purchase either wagon r or cults. Which car is more durable and suitable for long distances e.g. Lahore to sargodha. I have heard that small cars are not suitable for long travels (jaldi kharak jati hain). is it right? does weagon r fall in that category?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nadeemkhan207 View Post
    ☺ bont know but a so called civic equipped with LEEEGENDDDDRY ABS hit my car from behind with a damn impact. Worth noting that the distance was preety adequate to stop the approaching car but it was a nicely kept civic with ABS. Indus corolla (90s) one of the historical hits was not equipped with this gadget but yea has written a history in all aspects specially its still famous for brakes ☺ and so many other examples since 1960s.... ABS is a value addition but not at all something one cant drive the car at the least, one should drive maturely with a proproperly maintained car coupled with a nice stock braking system and surely a must 3times Ayatul Kursi prior starting your journey and you are good to go anywhere......

bhai i would request you to say this out loud "ABS - ANTI-LOCKING BRAKING SYSTEM" ye zor say bolien please .

Its the sheer mistake of the driver who cant even control the car after ABS kicks in.

ABS prevents your car to SKID which means when you engage brakes the car is still in control and you can maneuver it safely and get away from the impact.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So world wide car companies are ABSOLUTELY STUPID , that's why they are providing abs because this guy thinks abs is useless.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ABS is the Most important component of a car.Every single car should be equipped with ABS.
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for swift second hand

Sent from my Nexus 5 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsin.tariq555 View Post
    Go for swift second hand

Sent from my Nexus 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    +1
    A brilliant option

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No resale vehicle is selling on own and one can hardly find a good used vxl, ☺brother check market first. Yeah V2 is selling like HOT CAKES thats why hardly see a car on road in 3-4 days. I am telling you the situation of peshawar n adjacent small cities. Have personally bought from Raaalpindi. Shorlisted 7 cars, 3 were sold already n rest never attended my call despite tried thrice everyone. Most probably they understood my intention since they had given the add and their vehicles were already sold too. This is basd upon analysis of those 3 white vxls which were sold already. I have shared all my personal experiences buddy and stillsing Wagonr

Its still badly made and ugly cheers
    Let the good times roll

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RahatMallick2003 View Post
    Here is what I would have done in order of decreasing priority

1, 2005-06 GLi, a decent family used example.
    2, Cultus, not sure about the market but definitely not a new one
    3, A Japanese Alto, whatever you can get in this range but trust me, driving an auto in a traffic jam is sheer bliss
    4, A FAW V2

Never a Wagon R, that thing is badly made, under powered, downright ugly and has no resale
    wagonR is underpowered... get yourself behind the wheel and give it a try.. you'll be amazed with its acceleration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using PW Forums mobile app
    yes!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arsalannn View Post
    wagonR is underpowered... get yourself behind the wheel and give it a try.. you'll be amazed with its acceleration.

Yes I am sure it comes with a fire breathing V8, have driven one and my 1SZ vitz feels faster even when loaded and that thing has done 200k Kms
    Let the good times roll

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes I am sure it comes with a fire breathing V8, have driven one and my 1SZ vitz feels faster even when loaded and that thing has done 200k Kms
    I'm sure i can smoke any 1.0 vitz with my wr anyday..

yes!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arsalannn View Post
    I'm sure i can smoke any 1.0 vitz with my wr anyday..

First of all, let me tell you why drag racing is not the most ideal method of checking engine power for a small, family hatch. Drag racing more than often requires just one passenger on an even surface without the any other load such as AC etc. In contrast to that everyday driving is mostly with more than one person on board, on different gradients and with AC. For this a careful balance of horsepower has to obtained from a set of well thought of gear ratios. I sold a 2011 GLi mostly because of the way it delivered its power especailly in 1st and 2nd gear and since I live in Abbottabad which is hilly, I need torque to tow as much as a horsepower to run. All this has to considered when you claim something to be underpowered or not. A WagonR sounds and drives miserably on a gradient especially if you load it with 2-3 people.

Since you asked for it so here is a detailed reply why I loathe the box Suzuki is so keen to push down our throats. WagonR has no real designing, its an enlarged Kei car is what it is. European division of Toyota designed the first gen Vitz, XP10 and the main theme of that design was ergonomics; a word unheard in Suzuki. A 2000 model Vitz looks more modern than a new WagonR in terms of its design ques.

Coming on the topic of drive. WagonR has a K10B 3cyl mated to a 5 speed manual, 12 valve engine whereas Vitz has a 1SZ-FE 4cyl, 16 valve engine and most Vitz you see are auto, if you attach a manual tranny to this engine, you wont even get to see what hit you.

The seats in Vitz do not feel like they came off a "tanga" and it has better suspension, a higher Euro ENCAP safety rating, better build quality because it was not built in Pakistan.

From your misplaced enthusiasm I gather that you own a WagonR and I say good for you but be realistic about what you comment and back up your statements with facts. Any 12 grader without a driving license can say they can smoke this or they can smoke that but they have the technical knowledge of a 12 century peasant or even worse. Happy motoring
    Let the good times roll

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, let me tell you why drag racing is not the most ideal method of checking engine power for a small, family hatch. Drag racing more than often requires just one passenger on an even surface without the any other load such as AC etc. In contrast to that everyday driving is mostly with more than one person on board, on different gradients and with AC. For this a careful balance of horsepower has to obtained from a set of well thought of gear ratios. I sold a 2011 GLi mostly because of the way it delivered its power especailly in 1st and 2nd gear and since I live in Abbottabad which is hilly, I need torque to tow as much as a horsepower to run. All this has to considered when you claim something to be underpowered or not. A WagonR sounds and drives miserably on a gradient especially if you load it with 2-3 people.

Since you asked for it so here is a detailed reply why I loathe the box Suzuki is so keen to push down our throats. WagonR has no real designing, its an enlarged Kei car is what it is. European division of Toyota designed the first gen Vitz, XP10 and the main theme of that design was ergonomics; a word unheard in Suzuki. A 2000 model Vitz looks more modern than a new WagonR in terms of its design ques.

Coming on the topic of drive. WagonR has a K10B 3cyl mated to a 5 speed manual, 12 valve engine whereas Vitz has a 1SZ-FE 4cyl, 16 valve engine and most Vitz you see are auto, if you attach a manual tranny to this engine, you wont even get to see what hit you.

The seats in Vitz do not feel like they came off a "tanga" and it has better suspension, a higher Euro ENCAP safety rating, better build quality because it was not built in Pakistan.

From your misplaced enthusiasm I gather that you own a WagonR and I say good for you but be realistic about what you comment and back up your statements with facts. Any 12 grader without a driving license can say they can smoke this or they can smoke that but they have the technical knowledge of a 12 century peasant or even worse. Happy motoring
    Hahaha +123456789
    The back seats of Wr are like phattas. Good luck for long journeys. Its width is very minimal so only 2 adults can fit. Theres hardly any practicality left

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The biggest problem we have is: we just think that the car we personally like or own is the best one in the world even if it resembles a rickshaw.
    We don't have and we will never have the maturity and courage to listen to others negative opinion about it.
    We will degrade the multi billion dollar industry researching and giving things such as ABS and regard it as useless if our favourite one doesn't have it. I mean seriously are we 2nd graders?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ye abs useless hai waly bhai ko tooo tb pata lagega jab barish hoi hogi aur agli gari khench k break maregi :p

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    M @ c!v!c '95 L0v3&

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And that too at a speed of 170 on WagonR

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ashbal View Post
    Ye abs useless hai waly bhai ko tooo tb pata lagega jab barish hoi hogi aur agli gari khench k break maregi

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Hahahaha +100
    Phir cheeee taahhh ki awaz aye gii.
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first of all OP has asked the choice between two cars he finalized, it is his first car and he wants a brand new one with minimal issues so suggestions might be welcome but the thread has turned into a war of personal bias.

ABS is a very important feature no doubt but it can't counter stupidity, most imported jdms have more accidental damage compared to PKDMS that too in a country with better rules and regulations implementation and execution than ours. At my home there are 2 cars without ABS (more than 15 years old) and 3 with ABS(2013 and above) models, and driven sensibly one can make out of emergency situations just as well with and without one, understanding change in grip is what matters, even ABS cars can skid when turned to hard.

2nd Braking hard with or without ABS at 150+ destabilizes any car (except premium models that are designed to be driven at high speeds such as German sedans).

in all situations, wagon r delivers better power than vitz. as somebody stated physics, wagon r has 200kg weight advantage over vitz with same hp and better torque delivery being a manual so a vitz with driver only weighs as much as a wagon r with four persons.

16 valves vs 12 valves, wagon r has 3 cylinders and vitz has 4 so both cars have 4 valves per cylinder and that is for 1sz vitz only that isn't as common as 1kr fe which is 3 cylinder and 12 valves.

manual over cvt for towing

and did anyone look into how much knocking vitz 1.0 does with a/c when trying to keep up with traffic

wagon r does have body roll, but it is exaggerated by its haters. have yet to see a rolled over wagon r news on pakwheels yet, I posted a pic where I'd to push 9th gen to 5.5k rpm to keep up and overtake a wagon r going beyond 140 and it certainly didn't look unstable.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    first of all OP has asked the choice between two cars he finalized, it is his first car and he wants a brand new one with minimal issues so suggestions might be welcome but the thread has turned into a war of personal bias.

ABS is a very important feature no doubt but it can't counter stupidity, most imported jdms have more accidental damage compared to PKDMS that too in a country with better rules and regulations implementation and execution than ours. At my home there are 2 cars without ABS (more than 15 years old) and 3 with ABS(2013 and above) models, and driven sensibly one can make out of emergency situations just as well with and without one, understanding change in grip is what matters, even ABS cars can skid when turned to hard.

2nd Braking hard with or without ABS at 150+ destabilizes any car (except premium models that are designed to be driven at high speeds such as German sedans).

in all situations, wagon r delivers better power than vitz. as somebody stated physics, wagon r has 200kg weight advantage over vitz with same hp and better torque delivery being a manual so a vitz with driver only weighs as much as a wagon r with four persons.

16 valves vs 12 valves, wagon r has 3 cylinders and vitz has 4 so both cars have 4 valves per cylinder and that is for 1sz vitz only that isn't as common as 1kr fe which is 3 cylinder and 12 valves.

manual over cvt for towing

and did anyone look into how much knocking vitz 1.0 does with a/c when trying to keep up with traffic

wagon r does have body roll, but it is exaggerated by its haters. have yet to see a rolled over wagon r news on pakwheels yet, I posted a pic where I'd to push 9th gen to 5.5k rpm to keep up and overtake a wagon r going beyond 140 and it certainly didn't look unstable.
    Why and how can one justify non abs cars?! Its madatory out there, it saves lives. Not having abs and airbbags is a major flaw. Accept this fact. Safety's above everything. We need to change our mentality

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbilalchaudary View Post
    170 in a wahon r?
    You should sleep often.

You dont know anything dude just utter words and assume you r right thats y have given an open option to come n check for yourself upfront, I bet you would love sleeping afterwards ☺

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its useless to argue with people who think they are better then engineers designing cars.

yes!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You dont know anything dude just utter words and assume you r right thats y have given an open option to come n check for yourself upfront, I bet you would love sleeping afterwards ☺
    Yes, I've been a regular reader of wagon r thread and nobody there claims and blindly approves every thing of wagon r. According to you wagon r is more stable than gli at high speeds. This statement is enough to know your mentality. The options ( vitz and v2 ) in this price range are way better than it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List