Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bakhtbaryar

Thread: Advice Required: Buying Wagon R for Long Distance Travels (Possibly slightly bad rural roads)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Advice Required: Buying Wagon R for Long Distance Travels (Possibly slightly bad rural roads)

Guys I am in a bit of a financial crunch and need to downgrade my car for sometime. I travel for business regularly on the motorway ISB TO FAISALABAD and some local rural roads in Chiniot etc.

I can buy a Wagon R or a Cultus? Which one would you recommend for this role... Please note that I am downgrading from Glis 2015 and 2011 that I used alternatively previously. The most important part is the travelling bit. Unfortunately I cannot spend above 10.5 lakhs...

If you have other ideas for a car please do comment...

Much appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wagan R is a better option. Though some might say its a ugly looking car but its practical. With good engine ac suspension and eps its much better than old cutlus.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bakhtbaryar View Post
    Guys I am in a bit of a financial crunch and need to downgrade my car for sometime. I travel for business regularly on the motorway ISB TO FAISALABAD an. d some local rural roads in Chiniot etc.

I can buy a Wagon R or a Cultus? Which one would you recommend for this role... Please note that I am downgrading from Glis 2015 and 2011 that I used alternatively previously. The most important part is the travelling bit. Unfortunately I cannot spend above 10.5 lakhs...

Much appreciated.
    Wagonr VXL brand new or slightly used. If managed to get a slightly used one would save you some more money coupled with instant possession of the vehicle and no waits etc. You will not miss your Gli as I was driving 04 3s maintained corolla when had a test drive of wagonr and I simply loved that. Its pretty smooth n soft, quiet cabin, nice interior n gadgets, solid sound system, execellent fuel economy, 3S n after market support, vry nice AC, immobilizer, central locking, keyless entry etc etc.

Mine travels app 110 Kms a day, combination includes a motorway, GT Road, rural areas etc. Would prefer a call if you want to know much more real time response of this vehicle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

everything abut this car is ok but my GOD if its ugly,i mean ugly is one thing but this is something beyond that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Thread Initiator

You can choose i. e. Either a single a bit negativity which is not even for yourself as you wont be seeing that rather others or hundreds of other goodies which are purely for you n y. ou would be enjoying em. Even that could be overcomed if you install full package by purchasing a bit used vehicle, amount saved would let you get that package n looks would be improved like anything with some reasonable utility as well

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wagon R used to be much more ugly when it was launched. Now it feels better , reason is we haved become used to see it on roads. My suggestion is get WR. One can compromise on shape but not on performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar4494 View Post
    Wagon R used to be much more ugly when it was launched. Now it feels better , reason is we haved become used to see it on roads. My suggestion is get WR. One can compromise on shape but not on performance.
    I second since it is a fact. When you are used to something for years its pretty obvious that would definitely take some time to be acclamatized unless the shape is extraordinarily improved n attractive and such scenarios are not many. Current city shape when was launched back in late 2000z faced ferocious criticism on its rear design but now its one of the best selling Hondas.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys I am in a bit of a financial crunch and need to downgrade my car for sometime. I travel for business regularly on the motorway ISB TO FAISALABAD and some local rural roads in Chiniot etc.

Much appreciated.
    Suzuki Swift DX 2014, DLX 2012/13
    Just an answer to the "other cars" suggestion part.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nadeemkhan207 View Post
    Wagonr VXL brand new or slightly used. If managed to get a slightly used one would save you some more money coupled with instant possession of the vehicle and no waits etc. You will not miss your Gli as I was driving 04 3s maintained corolla when had a test drive of wagonr and I simply loved that. Its pretty smooth n soft, quiet cabin, nice interior n gadgets, solid sound system, execellent fuel economy, 3S n after market support, vry nice AC, immobilizer, central locking, keyless entry etc etc.

Mine travels app 110 Kms a day, combination includes a motorway, GT Road, rural areas etc. Would prefer a call if you want to know much more real time response of this vehicle.
    Thanks!! Much appreciated... can you share a bit about its drive on rural roads? With bumps etc... Is there a requirement for constant maintenance on suspension etc.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Arkhitekht Swift would be expensive to maintain and with a higher fuel average as well. Do illuminate me if I am incorrect about it.

Thanks everyone! I am basically not worried about looks, I need a practical car good for motorways and off the motorway long distance travelling. Something that doesnt break down and allows me to move.

I do care about the resale though!

I figured WR, cultus, corolla 06/07, city 07/08 were all in budget. But I guess the corollas and city under 10.5 lacs would be a beat beaten

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Arkhitekht Swift would be expensive to maintain and with a higher fuel average as well. Do illuminate me if I am incorrect about it.

Thanks everyone! I am basically not worried about looks, I need a practical car good for motorways and off the motorway long distance travelling. Something that doesnt break down and allows me to move.

I do care about the resale though!

I figured WR, cultus, corolla 06/07, city 07/08 were all in budget. But I guess the corollas and city under 10.5 lacs would be a beat beaten
    Well Swift won't be much more expensive to maintain than a Corolla.
    Yearly tokens would be more, YES

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272964

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks!! Much appreciated... can you share a bit about its drive on rural roads? With bumps etc... Is there a requirement for constant maintenance on suspension etc.?
    Alhamdolillah not at all. Have driven it 10-12K more on 28800 Km ( overed mileage at the time of purchase) though majorly on Motor n highways but also includes rural (village kinda) areas. Everything Alhamdolillah very fine just changing oil n filter this is it. Being its suspension soft n comfortable, handles bumps etc quite satisfactorily.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another edge wagonr has got over others is that you would be getting it either new or near to new coupled with pretty nice fuel economy which other PKDMs cant offer. I had a brand new Mehran Euro 2 VXR (cnged) with 04 3s maintained corolla n before wagonr I was using Mehran dedicatedly being it a small n stress free carwhen it comes to parking etc, Its per kilometer cost both with AC n without AC is almost the same as it used to be on my cnged Mehran ☺. I dnt feel much difference in running n other costs but much much much improved utilities, comfort, drive pleasure, elegant n graceful complete interior etc.

For a person like me, always buy a gun with cheapest possible cartridges since running cost always matters more than one time investment and thats why Pakistani successful cars are preferred by majority of the people in here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all! I think I ll go with a brand new Wagon R. A new one should give me peace of mind

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all! I think I ll go with a brand new Wagon R. A new one should give me peace of mind
    In sha Allah you would be pretty happy n would come to know that Suzuki unusually n exceptionally has introduced a nice vehicle in 1000 Cc category

16. 11-07-2016, 07:23 PM

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List