Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Yamaha Trouble...Help required!

Aoa daer bros...

I have a Yamaha Royal YB100 1991 model & im facing serious problem with it...

So i thought to share this problem with u ppl...

Basically its acarburator prob.. bike gets OVER again & again.. When i park my bike i always have to turn the petrol off or otherwise it wont start or even petrol would start dripping fastly from the overflow pipe... which is dangerous & costing Thing!!

Also some times when im driving my bike it gets over and petrol starts overflowing...waseting my money & i dont even know unless i sense sound change & excessive smoke coming.

So....Im qute messed up!!

Now the more paining thing is that iv got my bike tuned several times by various machenics... the most better among all was yamaha's own authorised machenic near our home.. but even he wasnt able 2 solve the prob fully. Iv poured thousands of RS on it by various machenics. It has even got a genuine JET & Japense needle valve(which serves the purpose of stopping the petrol when carb. is full) But even with all this the prob persists!!

Yamaha's mechanic even used a scale 2 check carb. & tried his best 2 get perfect setting.. But all in vain! :-(

Kindly please help.. Can there be anyother reason than carb. 4 this overflow prob??

All 2 stoke experieced people!! waiting 4 ur replys!

Thanks! regards...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salaam, carburetter overflow is caused by wrong sized jets and/or due to stuck float/float pin(that rubber pad like thing inside).BTW ,I answered this as I owned the legendary 1994 yamaha rx100 2 stroker in India.This is How Overflow is solved.As you said ,it is dangerous when gasoline drops hit the hot head of the Engine(Less Chance though!).Approach a Expert Mechanic and ask for Carburettor Overhaul with special emphasis on float getting stuck issue. Regards, Azad
    Get GNU/Linux Guys/Gals! http://getgnulinux.org

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah IT is due to the Jet Pin that has spring in it. It is not working properly. So u might get it to the right size.It will not give you trouble. Whereas the smoke is concerned it is due to ring Piston weakness. So u might also replace it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its the float sticking thats causing the carb bowl to overfill thus leak. the float valve is not being compressed by the float fully once the required amount of petrol is filled.. the carb float needs to be setted so that petrol stops just a little below the carb bowl top. next time you are at the mechanic tell him to check the float pin hole where the pin sits, make sure the hole is not damaged causing the float to stick. if the hole is damaged get a new carb, no matter how assuring the mechanic is by saying that he will fix it. a new carb shouldn't cost more than 400-600 rs for it. If only you were in khi I would've been glad to help you out.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ yamaha135
    @ all

Hey thanks 4 ur advises!
    BUT...

Yamaha's genuine carburtetor costs 4000Rs i think...As upto my knowledge!!!!
    Its nt a 5/600Rs thing! Otherwise me dalwa chuka hota.
    Its a sensitive devics

Tell me rates of japanese (high quality copy of genuine) Carbs?? Do they function well??

i think i shud sale this 1 and get a japanese made 1? I guess i cud get it in 2000Rs or close..?
    What u ppl say?

Share more!

Im situated in mughalpura lahore..
    will some1 suggest me a good mechanic here??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1) Change the Carboratour with original one
    2) for smoke always use two stroke oil it is diffrent from frour stroke oil. because in two stroke engine use petrol with oil the two stroke oil has low ignation temperature, low smoke and good smell but if you use four stroke engine oil it has bad smell high smoke and very high ignition temperature which damage the engine and enoviriment too.
    Enjoy happy two stroke ride

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ All

I have no smoke problems!!
    I just said that its sond changes when it gets over while im drivig..And it is a pretty normal thing :-p

Yeah!! Jab bike Ghut k band hony lagti hai tou yehi hota ha..Sound changes lika a dying thing :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover

@ yamaha135 @ all Hey thanks 4 ur advises! BUT... Yamaha's genuine carburtetor costs 4000Rs i think...As upto my knowledge!!!! Its nt a 5/600Rs thing! Otherwise me dalwa chuka hota. Its a sensitive devics Tell me rates of japanese (high quality copy of genuine) Carbs?? Do they function well?? i think i shud sale this 1 and get a japanese made 1? I guess i cud get it in 2000Rs or close..? What u ppl say? Share more! Im situated in mughalpura lahore.. will some1 suggest me a good mechanic here??

Well why don't you get an quote on the chinese ones available? ask the shop selller which one is suitable and reliable, he will let you know. as for it being a sensitive device, I myself have installed and used a number of chinese carb's on a Cb180, Cg125 with no problems to speak of what so ever. they make good parts.

besides, I don't even think you have reached the point of getting a new carb as yet, go to a mechanic (preferrably a new one with good expertise) and ask him to set the carb, when he disassembles the float bowl ask him to check the float posts (float pin holes) you can inspect them yourself as well, just make sure the holes that the pin goes into is solid and not very free or moving around once inside the holes. ask him to adjust the float hinge that closes the float valve. once he's done doing that ask him to temporarily fit the float bowl back on the carb and fill the carb with petrol, the carb needs to be held straight. once the petrol is left on for a while close the petcock and see if the petrol leaks or overflows (if it does the setting is not right and ask him to adjust it again) if it doesn't leak then ask him to take the bowl off (again straight) and see how much petrol is there in the bowl (it should be just a little below the bowl top/surface) it shouldn't be too less either cause that will starve your engine. but again its not rocket science to understand to set it.

Do not leave the mechanic paid until he resolves the issue, take as many try rides to be satisfied that the carb is not leaking.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ yamaha135

Hmm.. well it means tommorrow im gona be out in d market again.. Will ask about the Carbs prices.

And all the things u hav told.. All the machenics tried them..But waha wo sae ho jati ha, Doesnt overflows, But latter on it starts messing up again.

I guess jab acctually bike chalti ha tou tab he carb ki setting ka sae pata chalta hai! Kharay kharay thek pta nae chalta!

I wonder k kabi tou thek ho jae!! :-)
    Since Iv already tried 4 different machenics!! Wht if i change the floats this time?? Than changing jets & needle valves?

Also tell whts the solution if float posts are loose as u hav told?
    Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover

@ yamaha135 Hmm.. well it means tommorrow im gona be out in d market again.. Will ask about the Carbs prices. And all the things u hav told.. All the machenics tried them..But waha wo sae ho jati ha, Doesnt overflows, But latter on it starts messing up again. I guess jab acctually bike chalti ha tou tab he carb ki setting ka sae pata chalta hai! Kharay kharay thek pta nae chalta! I wonder k kabi tou thek ho jae!! :-) Since Iv already tried 4 different machenics!! Wht if i change the floats this time?? Than changing jets & needle valves? Also tell whts the solution if float posts are loose as u hav told? Thanks.

As i said just take your time next time you get setted it up and take a few rounds before you leave the mechanics. Changing the floats would be a good idea, make sure you get right floats for it. if can take the carb to the parts shop and ask him to give floats for that particular carb. also while you're there with the carb ask him to inspect the needle valves if they're the correct one's or not. as for the jets, they don't need to be inspected since they have nothing to do with the carb over flowing. if the floats posts are damaged ask the mechanic if they can be rebuilt by a lathe walaa. but i'm not sure about it since i have never got it done myself. if the posts cant be rebuilt i'm afraid you will have to get a new carb. and if i were you I would get a good chinese than to get a 4,000 rs genuine carb.

Also get the needle valve checked if it has the washer seal intact or not. if not it would be a good idea to get one and if its there get it renewed if you can since its a cheap investment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Yamaha135