82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Im Fed up!!(Yamaha tunning)

Hey guys, I have got a Yamaha Royal YB100 1991 model,with a sensitive carby...the thing is that im fed up of our local illetrate mechanics who r actually good at nothing except charging high prices for stupid little works.. whenever i get my bike tunned i find tht they havnt done it right..

So i want to learn how to adjust my carburator myself? How can i manage it's regular tuning and maintenence? Can i do it? is it easy? will it require many tools? Can any one teach me how to do that?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am fed up too, welcome to club of fedups
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro i think change carb because these mechanics had done their job by making it faulty
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ thought of doing that already.. Original costs arround 4000Rs, I think i can get good quality copy one in arround 2500.. Bt the thing is they ill screw up the new too, i want to learn the process myself so tht i can open, disassemble, wash with petrol and re-assemble my carb back...

I want to cut the stupid tunning price.. funny thing is i always get my bike tunned and think i shudnt have done that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No issues in learning to do it yourself. you'll need a screw driver to do the cleaning, but if your going for changing of jets then at most a screw wrench.

There is not much in a carb to look for apart from cleaning it, checking the float level and the bore + slide pin valve.

as far as your doubts of your current carb being defective, don't believe it to be defective until you've verified it yourself. what kind of problems are you facing with your bike? with it also mention the mileage since you last got the cylinder piston changed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes its not deffective but its not effective either

i mean,it keeps on troubling... its difficult to set, mostly mechanics screw it up badly, when they try to tune it they acctually make it worse.So i want to learn the process myself so that i can next time do everything myself..

1. i want to know hoe petrol in flow in carb is increased and decreased?
    2. how air intake is control with respect to fuel in put?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Note: Bike is works well if it is tuned well, Bt usually it is difficult to get it tuned easily.

Like yesterday i got it tunned, at first it seemed all right bt now i think fuel is too less. Now bike needs CHOKE to start, i have to keep the ChOKE ON in 1st gear when i drive it after much time(when i take it out after a few Hours) bcoz engine finds it difficult to maintain RPM.. It feels just like winters when bike is cold and it wont move untill it heats to normal temp.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Yes its not deffective but its not effective either

i mean,it keeps on troubling... its difficult to set, mostly mechanics screw it up badly, when they try to tune it they acctually make it worse.So i want to learn the process myself so that i can next time do everything myself..

1. i want to know hoe petrol in flow in carb is increased and decreased?
    2. how air intake is control with respect to fuel in put?
    1. The fuel flow in carb is controlled by the pilot jet, main jet and the slide mechanism.
    2. Air intake is controlled by the air screw located on the carb.

the reading on the plug is what helps one determine the modification required to the carb. however, the symptom of starting only with the choke on is likely because of more air being fed to the engine than is required, the choke when activated stops the air and lets the engine suck in fresh fuel charge only to achieve a start. on 2 strokes, if the piston has been seized in the past, then the blow by is what makes it difficult for the engine to start as the rings are leaking past the piston.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ thought of doing that already.. Original costs arround 4000Rs, I think i can get good quality copy one in arround 2500.. Bt the thing is they ill screw up the new too, i want to learn the process myself so tht i can open, disassemble, wash with petrol and re-assemble my carb back...

I want to cut the stupid tunning price.. funny thing is i always get my bike tunned and think i shudnt have done that

first you get fed up then you learn, i did same, i got fed up of simple work on my ride costs me too much, then i thought what is the problem i need to learn what is going on and later my ride was way better in performance when i got to know some basics about engine and mechanical parts.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Yamaha135

Thankyou v.much man! and plz confirm one thing.. there is no screw as such which controls fuel intake? right?
    only air is controlled by the screw?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ levin

Yes sir ur right!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Yamaha135

Thankyou v.much man! and plz confirm one thing.. there is no screw as such which controls fuel intake? right?
    only air is controlled by the screw?
    No, no fuel screws to increase, however, there are E-Clip locks on the slide pin that increases and decreases fuel flow by 5 different settings. top most e clip setting gives the lowest fuel while the bottom most e clip setting gives the most fuel.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im Fed up!!(Yamaha tunning) - carb needle

This is how the carb slide will look like on your carb, to raise the fuel flow you will have to.

Remove the carb hat --> remove the carb slide and spring --> carefully take out the slide pin avoiding any scratches --> take the e clip out and insert it in a lower position from top --> reassemble it back.

2 things worth noting, do the setting one by one instead of a direct 1 to 5 setting (the factory setting is often the 3rd setting from top) also once reassembling lubricate the Slide/Piston with a few drops of oil to make the throttle opening as soft as possible.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@yamaha135 here is another yamaha carb problem.
    its mikuni vm24(original)installed in rx115.
    slide is in good shape and clean.its 1.5# and original.
    needle is also in good position.its 405# and original.
    main jet has 130#.float level is also accurate.wheather pilot jet already fited in it but i cant say is it original or proper.e clip is also on at factory setting position,
    now the exhausting thing is this when i do cold start it does at first kick but the bike running speed at fast and after some time it became at smooth slow running.it gives me only 20/km in a litre.
    bikes exhaust sound is not accurate and comes ith (badbadahat)rather zaaaang zaaang,,,,,, and i also feel the the gas is also coming out by exhaust with smoke coz the smoke quantity at once increases.rather oil setting is ok.at first step i did truned out 2.25 truns ant clock then i have take it to almost 8 truns out but no diffrence was made.avg was same and sound was also same.bike has original cylinder in 1.00,clutch box in perfect cond,exhaust is original,crank have recentlly overhauled,current is also good.this is the situation,
    plz give me any suggession,thanks
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RX115 View Post
    @yamaha135 here is another yamaha carb problem.
    its mikuni vm24(original)installed in rx115.
    slide is in good shape and clean.its 1.5# and original.
    needle is also in good position.its 405# and original.
    main jet has 130#.float level is also accurate.wheather pilot jet already fited in it but i cant say is it original or proper.e clip is also on at factory setting position,
    now the exhausting thing is this when i do cold start it does at first kick but the bike running speed at fast and after some time it became at smooth slow running.it gives me only 20/km in a litre.
    bikes exhaust sound is not accurate and comes ith (badbadahat)rather zaaaang zaaang,,,,,, and i also feel the the gas is also coming out by exhaust with smoke coz the smoke quantity at once increases.rather oil setting is ok.at first step i did truned out 2.25 truns ant clock then i have take it to almost 8 truns out but no diffrence was made.avg was same and sound was also same.bike has original cylinder in 1.00,clutch box in perfect cond,exhaust is original,crank have recentlly overhauled,current is also good.this is the situation,
    plz give me any suggession,thanks
    The Air screw setting usually effects only the idle, it has no impact on mid or high throttles. How does the plug look like? the best thing to do to troubleshoot the problem would be to take the bike on a run and once you hear the "ghabrahat" keep it on the same throttle position and run it for a a minute more on the same ghabrahat throttle, after this stop the engine completely by turning of the ignition switch, pull in the clutch and roll over to a stop, then take the plug out and describe the color it has, if possibe post the picture of the plug electrolode over here to further inspect the reading.

Is the Oil pump working? If yes then either the oil pump is feeding more oil than the engine requires or the carb is on the richer side. you can lower the setting of the slide pin e clip (mentioned above) and see how the engine reacts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Fuel mixture/Jet Setting

@Automotorsport_Lover

U just reminded me the time wen i was a teenager like u & got fedup like u & many others. So just after joining the "fedups club" (Thanks to Levin for selecting such a good name for club). I started to do it my self & Alhamdulillah for last 17 years i have learned alot & quite satisfied too.

Talking specifically current issue of ur bike, its facing lean mixture problem @ idle so no need to change needle valve setting (High Jet).

As first step just open the right side Carb Cover plate of ur bike & u will see the Carb in front of u. There would be round intake duct in the center of the carb & through this duct u can see slide & Needle jet ( As mentioned by YAMAHA 135) inside the carb Housing.
    On the fornt side of duct there would be Golden Colour Screw might be having a small needle size hole in it, that screw is the mixture setting point of air & fuel for idle & slow RPM.

2nd step just rotate that screw clock wise & u will be getting relatively richer mixture for idle/ low RPMs. Dont roatate it eagearly as the mixture ratio changes very quickly while playing with this screw. Just rotatet it ~90 degree ( Quarter round or 1/4 Round). & observe the throttle response @ low rpm if u found some improvement than put back the Carb Cover plate & have try on ur bike Insha Allah u will observe +ve results. U can increase the mixture setting to more rich if required.

In case u cudnt find any improvment than let us know so we can guide u to the next step which is high jet setting( Needle jet Setting) as mentioned by YAMAH 135.
    BTW if ur bike is working good on high RPM then needle jet setting wudnt be required.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@yamaha135 dear oil pump is working great and oil quantity is also ok coz when i do install other carb that works great like,sound,smoke,accuracy.only one thing i didnt try the e clip position.....i think i shud start by first step of the needle to check it out.
    i did check the plug several times but after sprint rather badbadahat......and the plug came out with good colour tan brown and there wasnt any point of oil on it.one thing more after geting much smoke out of exhaust,i did remove the oil pump pipe from the carb for few minutes.bike was idle start and the smoke was countinuselly coming out at big quantity throw out the time.the fuel tank wasnt had oil in it and i kdid keep start the bike for almost 4 minutes with low spin of throttle........i think some part of gas coming out through exhaust without burnning.......is it posibble?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RX 115

Is that bike equiped wid CDI (electronic) Igniton or wid point type ?
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but why the e clip adjustment have to adjust? if it is already on standard position.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranbhatti View Post
    @RX 115

Is that bike equiped wid CDI (electronic) Igniton or wid point type ?
    @imranbhatti dear yamaha rx 115 is originally has cdi ignition.its current is also good blue and almost 12mm long.
    all the coils r also original one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List