79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Yamaha to invest $150million in Pakistan

This is the latest and confirmed news. I heard the news on GEO and also came across this LINK

I see it as a prologue to an entirely new era in "motor biking" in Pakistan. For the first time Yamaha will locally manufacture bike from 125 to 150cc range, plus the bikes will be featured with EFi technology.

Lets hope they bring something according to the desires of the biker's community.

Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    Though this bike looks like of stone age era but can really perform well in Pakistan market with a price tag of Rs.95,000
    its not a big deal they can do it and if they localize it than they can sell it cheaper than cg
    atlas honda has been really ripping us asking too much money for old tech motorcycles
    and bike almost completely manufactured here despite asking too much money

but we people have never questioned on their prices happily pay what ever they demand
    and see here you want yamaha made motorcycle in 95,000 and happy to 10,2500 for ahl 125
    yaar i dream same too but we should be little fair its not possible to launch an imported
    branded motorcycle like yamaha in low price in pakistani market
    if they do it will be nothing less than miracle

its an bad dream if we dream of fz's in 1.5lakh when piaggio launched derbi or real name zongshen 150 in 3lakh

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default price

on one hand we say cg is over priced and on the other we say YAMAHA can not give better bike in cg price it is too cheap. isn"t a paradox?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    its not a big deal they can do it and if they localize it than they can sell it cheaper than cg
    atlas honda has been really ripping us asking too much money for old tech motorcycles
    and bike almost completely manufactured here despite asking too much money

but we people have never questioned on their prices happily pay what ever they demand
    and see here you want yamaha made motorcycle in 95,000 and happy to 10,2500 for ahl 125
    yaar i dream same too but we should be little fair its not possible to launch an imported
    branded motorcycle like yamaha in low price in pakistani market
    if they do it will be nothing less than miracle

its an bad dream if we dream of fz's in 1.5lakh when piaggio launched derbi or real name zongshen 150 in 3lakh

They just launched and vanished, I wish same should not happen with Yamaha that is why I emphasize on right product with right pricing strategy along with strong dealership and after sales service network.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother my point was we should not expect miracles these bikes would be expensive
    what we are hearing ybr125 is within price range 120-130k is nothing less than blessing

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its no big deal. China offers a fully loaded 200cc street bike for 700-800$ before its shipped here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ there's some reason every company has moved their production line to china anything made in china cost 1/4 compared to anyother country becoz of two reason
    1)china produce thing in thousand's of number/unit
    2)china have cheapest labor in the world

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfaizandawood View Post
    Model of bikes is not the main discussion here, price tag is all what matters if that blue YBR125 comes with a price tag of 1.15lac i will sell my piaggio the very next day and will buy it, but this is not going to happen 4 sure. Now lets talk about Piaggio and Suzuki just go a few years back Suzuki was at the bottom, Piaggio was no where and now Piaggio has achieved its highest sales last year with his new model, Suzuki GD110 and GD110s are doing gr8 and GS150 is also going very well, Suzuki heavy bikes are getting better response than Honda. What Suzuki and Piaggio are doing is they are providing u some very fine bikes according to our market which have some features, new looks at reasonable price with bad after sales services or few bad quality parts to make sure these bikes comes in range of most of the people, just compare Deluxe with them, outdated bike, not very good looking, feature less, and with a huge price tag because they have very good after sales services. So i really appreciate Ravi and Suzuki, they are the main reason y Yamaha had to come up with these bikes otherwise that basic YBR will be the most high spec bike coming to Pakistan.
    My point was not about "what is going to happen" but "what should be happening".
    Ravi offered a 150cc bike for 300k. Honda is asking for 660k for 150cc but we have ignored this fact that these bikes are being imported by Ravi and Atlas. Yamaha has plans to localize the production of whatever bikes they introduce. If they want to penetrate the market here, they need to price their bikes at a level of locally produced bikes from the get go.
    Comparing FZ16 or FZ-s with CBR150 is plain stupid. These are completely different platforms and are priced accordingly. Yamaha has YZF 125 or whatever and MT-125 to compete CBR 150 i hope that Yamaha doesnt introduce these in Pakistan because no one will be able to buy these. Look at the prices of Yamaha bikes in India and then you will have the idea how cheap these bikes can be if locally produced. A 125cc street bike from Yamaha should be priced lower than a 125cc street bike from Atlas because we all know that Atlas is ripping us and can sell the bikes a lot cheaper. If Yamaha is going to follow Atlas's foot steps then there is no hope.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman84 View Post
    My point was not about "what is going to happen" but "what should be happening".
    Ravi offered a 150cc bike for 300k. Honda is asking for 660k for 150cc but we have ignored this fact that these bikes are being imported by Ravi and Atlas. Yamaha has plans to localize the production of whatever bikes they introduce. If they want to penetrate the market here, they need to price their bikes at a level of locally produced bikes from the get go.
    Comparing FZ16 or FZ-s with CBR150 is plain stupid. These are completely different platforms and are priced accordingly. Yamaha has YZF 125 or whatever and MT-125 to compete CBR 150 i hope that Yamaha doesnt introduce these in Pakistan because no one will be able to buy these. Look at the prices of Yamaha bikes in India and then you will have the idea how cheap these bikes can be if locally produced. A 125cc street bike from Yamaha should be priced lower than a 125cc street bike from Atlas because we all know that Atlas is ripping us and can sell the bikes a lot cheaper. If Yamaha is going to follow Atlas's foot steps then there is no hope.
    My point was we should respect Ravi and Suzuki for bringing change in Pakistan, right now they have the best lineup of bikes though ravi has just one bike but still its faaar better than Atlas. Suzuki have the only 150cc bike in resonable price and GD110 is hell of a bike.
    Now lets talk about those 3 lac + bikes they were all just to see how market response to these new technology, gorgeous bikes and we all have seen that no matter what bike they launch if it is not reasonably priced than it sure is going to die no matter if its a 70cc bike or 600cc bike so if these bikes are not going to be reasonably priced than they will have the same market as deluxe have.
    About localization yes u r right once the bikes will get localized their price will go down and Yamaha have plans of 5 years so these will remain over priced for quite a long time and after five years of struggle of localization, betterment of after sales services better than Yamaha will be able to touch bikes like FZ16 so we'll have to wait for a long time but eventually i have very good hopes from Yamaha in the long run. And i think we should't compare our market with India they have a very competitive market, and they have a lot of competitors too and also their government does't rip off these companies and their people. I paid 15 thousand sales tax on my Piaggio i think that shows everything.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My point was we should respect Ravi and Suzuki for bringing change in Pakistan, right now they have the best lineup of bikes though ravi has just one bike but still its faaar better than Atlas. Suzuki have the only 150cc bike in resonable price and GD110 is hell of a bike.
    Now lets talk about those 3 lac + bikes they were all just to see how market response to these new technology, gorgeous bikes and we all have seen that no matter what bike they launch if it is not reasonably priced than it sure is going to die no matter if its a 70cc bike or 600cc bike so if these bikes are not going to be reasonably priced than they will have the same market as deluxe have.
    About localization yes u r right once the bikes will get localized their price will go down and Yamaha have plans of 5 years so these will remain over priced for quite a long time and after five years of struggle of localization, betterment of after sales services better than Yamaha will be able to touch bikes like FZ16 so we'll have to wait for a long time but eventually i have very good hopes from Yamaha in the long run. And i think we should't compare our market with India they have a very competitive market, and they have a lot of competitors too and also their government does't rip off these companies and their people. I paid 15 thousand sales tax on my Piaggio i think that shows everything.
    what you say reasonable pricing when gs 150 was launched its price was 75k in market I remember my father sold his gs just for 25k so a bike no matter who resonable price can't capture market unless ppl don't like it but in yamaha case they have fan here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with what you said about Ravi and Suzuki. In fact when Piaggio was launched, I visited Ravi's production facility with a friend and we bought 2 bikes. But there is no comparison between Ravi and Yamaha.
    India has a competitive market but you have ignored the fact that where VAT is ~4.6% lower than Pakistan, they have a much higher Income Tax rate. The only reason, Companies focus on india is that India is a much bigger market.
    From what I have been hearing about Yamaha, they havent setup the plant just to meet local demand but in the long run, they are going to export the bikes from here to other countries.
    So please guys, for once don't prepare yourselves for what we are used to get but hope for the things we deserve.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    what you say reasonable pricing when gs 150 was launched its price was 75k in market I remember my father sold his gs just for 25k so a bike no matter who resonable price can't capture market unless ppl don't like it but in yamaha case they have fan here
    So now lets talk about liking, i like CBR a lot y i'm not buying it as it's price is not even close to reasonable so both facts matter a lot, a reasonably good bike, at reasonable price tag is what we need, Yamaha sure have reasonably good bikes but if they will not be reasonably priced they are going to suffer. And about GS150 even yamaha will have bad resale for a few years. And i think GS150 is very reasonably priced bike and its new model is quite beautiful too.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And if my memory serves me right, a few years ago when Yamaha was planning to come in Pakistan, I believe it was a Yamaha Bison (FZ16) that made rounds of the universities.

So please, for once, think positive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman84 View Post
    I agree with what you said about Ravi and Suzuki. In fact when Piaggio was launched, I visited Ravi's production facility with a friend and we bought 2 bikes. But there is no comparison between Ravi and Yamaha.
    India has a competitive market but you have ignored the fact that where VAT is ~4.6% lower than Pakistan, they have a much higher Income Tax rate. The only reason, Companies focus on india is that India is a much bigger market.
    From what I have been hearing about Yamaha, they havent setup the plant just to meet local demand but in the long run, they are going to export the bikes from here to other countries.
    So please guys, for once don't prepare yourselves for what we are used to get but hope for the things we deserve.
    i'm a huge Yamaha fan and how can i not be, i learnt driving on yb100, 24 years of abuse and still that bike is going great.
    I really hope that Yamaha become the leader of our market and leads all other companies to right direction but the upcoming bikes and their price tag (if i'm right about them) will cause Yamaha to take a long time to even beat Atlas.
    Lets just wait until they announce the price tags.....
    And about Piaggio don't understand them they have the best bike right now, with the lowest price tag even Yamaha top end model will not be able to compete with it as a bike (we will have this debate a lot in the coming months), i'm not talking about after sales services.
    once ravi will improve its after sales services Piaggio also have a bright future (although i don't see it happening soon).....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'm a huge Yamaha fan and how can i not be, i learnt driving on yb100, 24 years of abuse and still that bike is going great.
    I really hope that Yamaha become the leader of our market and leads all other companies to right direction but the upcoming bikes and their price tag (if i'm right about them) will cause Yamaha to take a long time to even beat Atlas.
    Lets just wait until they announce the price tags.....
    And about Piaggio don't understand them they have the best bike right now, with the lowest price tag even Yamaha top end model will not be able to compete with it as a bike (we will have this debate a lot in the coming months), i'm not talking about after sales services.
    once ravi will improve its after sales services Piaggio also have a bright future (although i don't see it happening soon).....
    God may give insight to Piaggio people.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today went to yamaha ex agency there I met with mechanic and discuss upcomming yamaha bikes he told me that he got trained from yamaha for there upcomming bikes. Yamaha use advance carb that used 5 to 6 jets like 2 for idle 2 for uptill 5k rpm and 2 for onwards. And bike average milage will be 55 to 60 kmpl. And he further says that we are not allowed to make any pic . It was like top secret.and according to him they are going to launch 3 models in 125cc range. Now what happen lets wait and watch .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for the information. Pakwheels blog had picture of the 3 models. I have posted them in my previous posts as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the pictures that are shown that models are confirmed ? i think no one know yet what is coming

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nothing is confirm just assumptions and speculations . Yamaha ppl got a very strong marketing plan we should just wait for the right time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yamaha to invest 150million in Pakistan -1542739