79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Yamaha to invest $150million in Pakistan

This is the latest and confirmed news. I heard the news on GEO and also came across this LINK

I see it as a prologue to an entirely new era in "motor biking" in Pakistan. For the first time Yamaha will locally manufacture bike from 125 to 150cc range, plus the bikes will be featured with EFi technology.

Lets hope they bring something according to the desires of the biker's community.

Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I agree with the points tamour bhai is mentioning... but kuch batain mind men hain :

1- Will it be a road dominator in Signal to signal Drags ? (CG Dominates Big time in this category and this is the main reason GS/RP never owned a Respect among racers).

To win in this this category, they need to introduce a powerful 150cc.

2 - Price Tag : Deluxe is already a product of a niche market (so does the GS/RP are) if YBR launch is only focused on such a small part then why they are setting up such a big manufacturing unit I think they have much biger Plans this time and have come here to take Atlas with both hands once and for all, and to tackle that they really will have to fight on different horizons including Price tag and resale value as well.

To win in this category, they need to introduce most economical 125cc with lowest price tag.

3 - YBR OEM manufacturing is done by Lifan (Just like Yamaha Virago400 which is also found as Lifan 400EC Vtwin) and few other Chinese companies so stop Dreaming that its a Japani Bike its a china bike which is brought to Philpines/Thia e.t.c and later sent forward to various countries

Doesn't matter where the parts are produced if the quality is up to the mark.

my 2 cents.
    My 1 cent

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any brother can tell in nutshell whats plans of Yamaha when will bikes launch and any news regarding price?
    Im asking because there are hundreds of pages and i don't want to look each page
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Any brother can tell in nutshell whats plans of Yamaha when will bikes launch and any news regarding price?
    Im asking because there are hundreds of pages and i don't want to look each page

these are all speculations as of now..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Farhan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pata toh tab chaley ga jab market me koi bike aey gi yamaha ki taraf se

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ufff 2more months wait

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if we compare ybr to cg in terms of acceleration cg 125 is always winner but in top speed and smooth ride yamaha is winner

yamaha ybr 125 0-100 in 19.8 sec
    Yamaha YBR 125 - 0-100 km/h - PlayIt.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how much time cg takes to touch 100km/h do you know or have video of that
    how can you declare cg winner? and kindly tell timing of stock cg not nude cg

cg has very good acceleration but its not super bike don't expect it to touch 0-100kmph in below 10sec
    it will take same time as ybr or if it beats ybr due to its less weight even than difference would be
    of sec or max two sec

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we insist yamaha to introduce fz series here in Pakistan not ybr please

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    if we compare ybr to cg in terms of acceleration cg 125 is always winner but in top speed and smooth ride yamaha is winner

yamaha ybr 125 0-100 in 19.8 sec
    Yamaha YBR 125 - 0-100 km/h - PlayIt.pk
    yes u r right just some figures to prove this point
    HP
    CG = 11.15 hp @ 8500 rpm + YBR125 = 10.2 hp @ 7800 rpm + RP125 = 11.3 hp @ 8500 rpm { Piaggio have the highest power, YBR have least HP at lowest RPM }
    Torque
    CG = 9.8 Nm @ 7000 rpm + YBR125 = 9.6 Nm @ 6000 rpm + RP125 = 9.8 Nm @ 8000 rpm { That's y CG is good for signal to signal drag race but as RP125 due to weight can't outrun CG but as it gets its peak at high rpm so better for long distance drag race and YBR have least and also at very low rpm so it would be good for 0 km/h to 20 km/h drag race :p }
    Weight
    CG = 99 KG + YBR125 = ~125kg + RP125 = 126kg { CG does lead this category but only because it is feature less vibrator }. (if someone knows the exact dry weight of RP125 and YBR 125 do let me know i wasn't able to find dry weight of these bikes.)
    So overall CG has the best acceleration and there is no way RP125 or YBR 125 can beat it. RP125 has the highest top speed figure even with a lot of features and quite comfortable ride. YBR is good at nothing except a bit more comfortable ride than piaggio and i seriously don't think YBR can beat CG or RP even in top speed.
    i just remember one more thing that is good about YBR, IT IS YAMAHA

TM
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ummm I think this time they are coming back with a different strategy....no joint venture...it will be fully owned by Yamaha...and if I an not wrong they are setting up the plant in the tax free zone....so they wont be focusing that much on the local market...their target market would be Afghanistan and the Central Asia...that is the reason that no more 70cc bikes...125-150cc bikes are very much preferred in that market.
    "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfaizandawood View Post
    yes u r right just some figures to prove this point
    HP
    CG = 11.15 hp @ 8500 rpm + YBR125 = 10.2 hp @ 7800 rpm + RP125 = 11.3 hp @ 8500 rpm { Piaggio have the highest power, YBR have least HP at lowest RPM }
    Torque
    CG = 9.8 Nm @ 7000 rpm + YBR125 = 9.6 Nm @ 6000 rpm + RP125 = 9.8 Nm @ 8000 rpm { That's y CG is good for signal to signal drag race but as RP125 due to weight can't outrun CG but as it gets its peak at high rpm so better for long distance drag race and YBR have least and also at very low rpm so it would be good for 0 km/h to 20 km/h drag race :p }

Weight
    CG = 99 KG + YBR125 = ~125kg + RP125 = 126kg { CG does lead this category but only because it is feature less vibrator }. (if someone knows the exact dry weight of RP125 and YBR 125 do let me know i wasn't able to find dry weight of these bikes.)
    So overall CG has the best acceleration and there is no way RP125 or YBR 125 can beat it. RP125 has the highest top speed figure even with a lot of features and quite comfortable ride. YBR is good at nothing except a bit more comfortable ride than piaggio and i seriously don't think YBR can beat CG or RP even in top speed.
    i just remember one more thing that is good about YBR, IT IS YAMAHA
    There are many persons in pakistan just like me who dont need top speed they need good featured bike with good look

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    There are many persons in pakistan just like me who dont need top speed they need good featured bike with good look
    i'm also one of those i bought RP even though it has pathetic after sales services but still it has the biggest features list and it is comfortable too and the most good looking till now may be YBR will look better than RP in real. i'm not talking about us people i'm talking about the majority of Pakistanis for them this bike is flop, this bike will be treated just like RP and GS or may be even less or may be not that will depend on the price tag.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'm also one of those i bought RP even though it has pathetic after sales services but still it has the biggest features list and it is comfortable too and the most good looking till now may be YBR will look better than RP in real. i'm not talking about us people i'm talking about the majority of Pakistanis for them this bike is flop, this bike will be treated just like RP and GS or may be even less or may be not that will depend on the price tag.
    And you represent .001% of our bike population
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoberRiders/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    And you represent .001% of our bike population
    i'm representing here those people who are obsessed with speed, who ignore plastic bike, who ignore bike just becoz that bike does't have after sales services, who ignore a bike for being china made (which YBR is), who ignore bike for having modern techs, who ignore bike for having bigger displacement engine and so on and on there are many many reasons y YBR will be a flop for them and they own the biggest market. I just read on another forum that Honda is producing 50K+ bikes every month and that's like producing around 1500+ units everyday, where are these bikes going people of Pakistan are buying them they are buying 35+ years old bikes at huge price tag and if we think that Yamaha will jump in with a bike which is totally different from what they like and they will rush for it, no that's not going to happen soon. Right now Yamaha, Suzuki and Piaggio are playing a hard game against Honda, sooner or later they will overcome but this will take years to happen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'm representing here those people who are obsessed with speed, who ignore plastic bike, who ignore bike just becoz that bike does't have after sales services, who ignore a bike for being china made (which YBR is), who ignore bike for having modern techs, who ignore bike for having bigger displacement engine and so on and on there are many many reasons y YBR will be a flop for them and they own the biggest market. I just read on another forum that Honda is producing 50K+ bikes every month and that's like producing around 1500+ units everyday, where are these bikes going people of Pakistan are buying them they are buying 35+ years old bikes at huge price tag and if we think that Yamaha will jump in with a bike which is totally different from what they like and they will rush for it, no that's not going to happen soon. Right now Yamaha, Suzuki and Piaggio are playing a hard game against Honda, sooner or later they will overcome but this will take years to happen.
    bro your analysis look good by reading but reality is different your first review was ppl are buying piaggio,gs,cg and 70 was missing in that post which is most sold bike and you say honda is producing 50k+ every month where all those bike going seriously I have seen any zero meter/brand new cd 70 on road from a while maybe 100 out 10 are honda 70 all are chonda delxue sells are pathetic only cg is being sold that to ranger

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aik zamana ho gya karachi men new honda bike ki shakal dekhey howey ab tu hum yeh gana gatey han

Kahan sey aaya tha wooo
    Kahan gaya useyy dhondo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yamaha to invest 150million in Pakistan -1544371

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    bro your analysis look good by reading but reality is different your first review was ppl are buying piaggio,gs,cg and 70 was missing in that post which is most sold bike and you say honda is producing 50k+ every month where all those bike going seriously I have seen any zero meter/brand new cd 70 on road from a while maybe 100 out 10 are honda 70 all are chonda delxue sells are pathetic only cg is being sold that to ranger
    That's may be becoz CG gets snatched a lot in Karachi, here in Gujranwala CG is everywhere as soon as the new model comes in market people rush for it like this bike is for free i'm seeing this new model a lot now, about CD sure CD sales are having very low figures right now but still in many corners of Pak CD must be doing great the thing is Honda has spread like a virus in this whole country and it will take some time to people to recover from this virus, i have recovered from it, i was also a CG fan but now i hate it, its only because i wasn't aware of what is happening around the world and what other options we have in market, same is the case with many people still many people from my city doesn't know about RP and once they discover it, a few buy it and many still doesn't saying that es ki resale nai, parts nai, bike china ki hy, bike plastic ki hy, es ka sound cg sy kam hy, es ki pick kam hy.
    Yamaha have taken a very bold step and i wish they will keep the prices very low, this will speedup the disinfection of CG virus.

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 104 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

User Tag List