Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Another news update regarding new Yamaha manufacturing plant in karachi

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sajid20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,456
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Another news update regarding new Yamaha manufacturing plant in karachi

    Salam to all readers,

    I was just reading August 17th 2011 news paper when i just read out the news where some local manufacturers show there concerns over establishment of new Yamaha manufacturing plant out here in karachi.

    They says if it would happen, local bike manufacturers and jobs of thousands of their industry labors would be in affected.

    But i don't think so it would be a good decision to discontinue the process of establishment of new manufacturing plant of yamaha as on the other hand, it would bring some more employment and some new models of the well known brand as well.

    Here is the link

    Jang Multimedia


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    ASIFALI1231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nankana sahib
    Posts
    556
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    acha hai

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Good link Sajid20. Local manufacturers' concerns are just Bull****. On the contrary I think it will cause a boost in motorcycle industry. If Yamaha Japan introduces better models, local manufactures will have to improve their standards as well and when they enhance their strength for producing equally capable bikes, it will only result in further employment of man power. The concerns of local manufacturers are only selfish. They want to keep on looting the people without introducing any modernity in their bikes. All they want is make easy money without competition.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliahmed0012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if you people are up with the market news, as well as what Yamaha is asking it will hurt the local industry more then ever. reason being is, yamaha is asking the government that it wants to import CBU( the entire engine ) of the motorcycle without paying taxes for 5 years. which means that the government will not get any sort of tax revenue. all these local star jobs will loose their job somehow or the other, as they are not educated or trained enough to adapt to the changes Yamaha will bring. they wont be able to repair the motorcycles, hence loose in jobs. the local vendors, will have to lay of people as they wont be able to meet the minimum requirements of working, and achieving economies of scale. yes yamaha, will create jobs of around 5 to 6 thousand people but at the same time millions will be left un employed. if you come to think of it the motorcycle industry gives jobs to millions of people repairing bikes. weighing the pros and cons, it isnt a good idea unless some deal works out. and plus yamaha will bring in 125 + models , and with the petrol prices going up, and the pak rupee depreciating almost all of the burden will be passed to us customers.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^ Bro we are already paying so high for bikes like Deluxe 125. People used to buy a Mehran only a few years earlier. Money's devaluation is old news for this country now. People in our country mostly want to buy better stuff no matter it comes with bigger cost. Just my view.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RX115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,163
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    u know these all are bad rumors and just created by a famous local brand, coz they know the strength of YAMAHA MOTORS JAPAN, thats it
    regarding taxation, we know very well how much are we paying to govt, i am talking about all local famous brands, they just used LIFAFA and thats it, only the salaried class are tax payer.....so if we the bikers have a chance to get good and real branded bikes by any means, then let it grow and let them compete......thanks
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliahmed0012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yes but our money is de valuing at a percentage that no other currency depreciates. and the burden will be passed on to us the consumers. speaking of the price you are paying for delux 125, think about the water prices inceasing, the electricity increasing, and the gas prices, the wage level is also increasing, and hence the company has no other option to increase prices. yes profit is there too, but thats what companies are there for to make profit. What about the people who will be un unemployed? Yamaha will come mess up the entire motorcycle industry, force people out of business which will cut many jobs, and the government should be smart enough to do something about this since the people do not want to invest in the country anymore because of the situation. pakistan market is price index to 70 cc, and thats our majority of the bikes being sold. Yamaha will bring in 125 + and with the escalating prices and the large investment and machinery, the revenue wont be a lot and the company will keep passing the over head cost to the few niche market customers. in 5 years when the country position hopefully will be better it will be much better if they come then

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sajid20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,456
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    Good link Sajid20. Local manufacturers' concerns are just Bull****. On the contrary I think it will cause a boost in motorcycle industry. If Yamaha Japan introduces better models, local manufactures will have to improve their standards as well and when they enhance their strength for producing equally capable bikes, it will only result in further employment of man power. The concerns of local manufacturers are only selfish. They want to keep on looting the people without introducing any modernity in their bikes. All they want is make easy money without competition.
    thank u dude u liked my post actually i am new to PW and frankly speaking, this type of appreciation helps a lot in improving one's interest thanks again

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,402
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliahmed0012 View Post
    if you people are up with the market news, as well as what Yamaha is asking it will hurt the local industry more then ever. reason being is, yamaha is asking the government that it wants to import CBU( the entire engine ) of the motorcycle without paying taxes for 5 years. which means that the government will not get any sort of tax revenue. all these local star jobs will loose their job somehow or the other, as they are not educated or trained enough to adapt to the changes Yamaha will bring. they wont be able to repair the motorcycles, hence loose in jobs. the local vendors, will have to lay of people as they wont be able to meet the minimum requirements of working, and achieving economies of scale. yes yamaha, will create jobs of around 5 to 6 thousand people but at the same time millions will be left un employed. if you come to think of it the motorcycle industry gives jobs to millions of people repairing bikes. weighing the pros and cons, it isnt a good idea unless some deal works out. and plus yamaha will bring in 125 + models , and with the petrol prices going up, and the pak rupee depreciating almost all of the burden will be passed to us customers.
    If it requires good educated and trained personell, then such steps should be taken every now and then, this way most people will actually look forward to it, Rather than the current situation where the look and learn culture has cavitated us.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliahmed0012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    If it requires good educated and trained personell, then such steps should be taken every now and then, this way most people will actually look forward to it, Rather than the current situation where the look and learn culture has cavitated us.
    so sir are you planning on educating all of these people on the road id say roughly 2 to 3 million people, and paying them so they can run their houses during this transition, because you and i both know that the government is not going to do this, and so wont Yamaha. I understand how badly you want this company to open here because the variety of bikes, we all do, but from the industry perspective it isnt the smartest thing to do. and the prices of the bikes

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I TOTALLY agree with EVERY point AliAhmed has made. And i appreciate the critical thinking of this person since no one here now a days think rationally.

    As for Yamaha introducing new bikes, no matter what we think about its 'positive effects' on Pakistan's Bike industry, it wont change a damn thing for us consumers ... as long as current stupid govt. lives.

    @AliAhmed! Yara what do you do btw? You see like you are some Financial Analyst, or atleast some Charter/Certification Holder.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    a4awais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,287
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i am sure just honda is doing this as once honda was the main and only reason for banning kawasaki in pak.
    http://www.facebook.com/jadoon.awais

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I still believe that every new factory built, every new industry no matter what it produces is a way forward. At least we can hope for the better.

    @Sajid20

    Thats good then Hope to see you around often.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,470
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default very hillarious

    Quote Originally Posted by aliahmed0012 View Post
    yes but our money is de valuing at a percentage that no other currency depreciates. and the burden will be passed on to us the consumers. speaking of the price you are paying for delux 125, think about the water prices inceasing, the electricity increasing, and the gas prices, the wage level is also increasing, and hence the company has no other option to increase prices. yes profit is there too, but thats what companies are there for to make profit. What about the people who will be un unemployed? Yamaha will come mess up the entire motorcycle industry, force people out of business which will cut many jobs, and the government should be smart enough to do something about this since the people do not want to invest in the country anymore because of the situation. pakistan market is price index to 70 cc, and thats our majority of the bikes being sold. Yamaha will bring in 125 + and with the escalating prices and the large investment and machinery, the revenue wont be a lot and the company will keep passing the over head cost to the few niche market customers. in 5 years when the country position hopefully will be better it will be much better if they come then
    its difficult to understand what u really mean ?
    regarding the bike price what "real data" u have to substantiate ur statement ? and since when have the customers got any thing in Pakistan for less price.. u see Honda cd 70 price is 65k and still people are paying and honda is getting profit.. so muft ma koi chz nai milthi.. and never heard of people giving 55 k for honda cd 70 and saying the dealer that earlier it was 55 k so i will pay that price not new ..

    u also mentioned yamaha will make people unemployed ?
    explain it how it will make people unemployed also how much people will be unemployed ?

    as far as i see.. yamaha is bringing investment it will introduce new products for it it will need new people at industry level.marketing level. distribution level,services level.. so it is providing more jobs .. it is not shutting down honda business . .. it is not shutting down chondas.. its is doing its business .. looking for its place.. endeavouring competition.. if its quality enables it to reach such a high position where honda and chondas will vanish from the market then then obviously customers will be at the winning side not honda or chonda ltds...

    also the already existing mechanics are for providing the services for already sold products.. available in the market .. they are not providing services for products that are not launched.. so they will remain as long as those products remain in the market.. only the growth level of new "ustads" will have a bit slow "growth"...

    and above all new technology always brings some downsides.. first there was great resistance to qingqi from tangawalas they also shouted like the local industry here is shouting in this case.. also shouting were the suzuki walas..

    if u go even back in history there were buses now that place is gradually replaced by mini buses (also called haies,wagons,etc.. ya local alfaz hain...) in the end who is the winner ? customer obviously ..

    also yamaha is not bringing jet engine into bike . it will be more or less the same as others with few goodies.. and so desi mechanics will gradually catch up with it.. as they don't want to lose customers .. if a mechanic is ready to lose customers and is not ready to update his knowledge then let him loose his business and let him become unemployed.. so who is the winner ? customer

    how will yamaha create a mess ?
    by offering new tech ? by introducing more know how ? by providing more options ? by competition with honda/chondaz ? this saying of urs is hillarious.

    there is too much to be said.. but the sum of all is "bring yamaha" bring competition, bring new technology,bring investment..its good for customers.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Juste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,983
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    "people will get unemployed" hmm agey kon sa people get jobs here
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZESTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliahmed0012 View Post
    yes but our money is de valuing at a percentage that no other currency depreciates. and the burden will be passed on to us the consumers. speaking of the price you are paying for delux 125, think about the water prices inceasing, the electricity increasing, and the gas prices, the wage level is also increasing, and hence the company has no other option to increase prices. yes profit is there too, but thats what companies are there for to make profit. What about the people who will be un unemployed? Yamaha will come mess up the entire motorcycle industry, force people out of business which will cut many jobs, and the government should be smart enough to do something about this since the people do not want to invest in the country anymore because of the situation. pakistan market is price index to 70 cc, and thats our majority of the bikes being sold. Yamaha will bring in 125 + and with the escalating prices and the large investment and machinery, the revenue wont be a lot and the company will keep passing the over head cost to the few niche market customers. in 5 years when the country position hopefully will be better it will be much better if they come then
    First of all Country will make money out of sales tax, income tax and corporate tax. Competition would be there for local industry and a good chance for them to import better engines from china at a competitive price. Furthermore, new plant will open windows for export of motorbikes to other markets . Investment is always based on the current market situation not on the basis that what would be a situation after five years. How much you are sure that Honda or Suzuki would not invest in coming five years if Yamaha keeps waiting for 5 years. China makes all the products from Nike to Puma to Adidas to mercedes. What you think that chinese local industry has failed coz they are manufacturing all international brands? it is Govt's responsibility to make policies to support local industry but stopping foreign investment is not a solution. By the way i have a question, what our local industry has produced in motorbikes other thn copying CD70 or Honda.
    The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZESTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    its difficult to understand what u really mean ?
    regarding the bike price what "real data" u have to substantiate ur statement ? and since when have the customers got any thing in Pakistan for less price.. u see Honda cd 70 price is 65k and still people are paying and honda is getting profit.. so muft ma koi chz nai milthi.. and never heard of people giving 55 k for honda cd 70 and saying the dealer that earlier it was 55 k so i will pay that price not new ..

    u also mentioned yamaha will make people unemployed ?
    explain it how it will make people unemployed also how much people will be unemployed ?

    as far as i see.. yamaha is bringing investment it will introduce new products for it it will need new people at industry level.marketing level. distribution level,services level.. so it is providing more jobs .. it is not shutting down honda business . .. it is not shutting down chondas.. its is doing its business .. looking for its place.. endeavouring competition.. if its quality enables it to reach such a high position where honda and chondas will vanish from the market then then obviously customers will be at the winning side not honda or chonda ltds...

    also the already existing mechanics are for providing the services for already sold products.. available in the market .. they are not providing services for products that are not launched.. so they will remain as long as those products remain in the market.. only the growth level of new "ustads" will have a bit slow "growth"...

    and above all new technology always brings some downsides.. first there was great resistance to qingqi from tangawalas they also shouted like the local industry here is shouting in this case.. also shouting were the suzuki walas..

    if u go even back in history there were buses now that place is gradually replaced by mini buses (also called haies,wagons,etc.. ya local alfaz hain...) in the end who is the winner ? customer obviously ..

    also yamaha is not bringing jet engine into bike . it will be more or less the same as others with few goodies.. and so desi mechanics will gradually catch up with it.. as they don't want to lose customers .. if a mechanic is ready to lose customers and is not ready to update his knowledge then let him loose his business and let him become unemployed.. so who is the winner ? customer

    how will yamaha create a mess ?
    by offering new tech ? by introducing more know how ? by providing more options ? by competition with honda/chondaz ? this saying of urs is hillarious.

    there is too much to be said.. but the sum of all is "bring yamaha" bring competition, bring new technology,bring investment..its good for customers.
    +1 --------------well said
    The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZESTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys do you know how long would it take to commission the Yamaha Factory/Plant?
    The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZESTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    I still believe that every new factory built, every new industry no matter what it produces is a way forward. At least we can hope for the better.

    @Sajid20

    Thats good then Hope to see you around often.
    +1
    The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    89khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    224
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So what is the final word on this project.....Am I gonna be seein' some mean machines on the road soon or what?..
    Talk to The Hand =;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •