My 2001 Yamaha DX Super 90cc 2-Stroke (very rare). Need some expert advise.
Hellow Pakwheelers. Its my very first thread. Kindly help me out as I desperately need some expert advise...
I've a 2001 model DX Super: http://i.imgur.com/ZFcgun9.jpg
It was handed over to me by my uncle and was wondering if anyone ever heard about it?
A Mechanic said these models are very rare as only around 200 were ever made, have superb built quality and could easily last 25-30 years. And it does looks pretty great for a 13 years old bike with 25,000+km. Still sounds like a new 2 Stroke ("Vroom Vroom" not "Ghur Ghur") and has very strong acceleration. Even better than YB100. Several people asked me if I want to sell it? Mechanic, Doodh wala and a neighbour with a passion of old bikes to name a few...
Only 200 units??? Hmmm, that puts my bike in the category of Ferrari Enzo in terms of rarity! LOL!
Anyhow, Its been sitting idle for 2 years and now I'm facing few problems:
1. It hates to start. I've to kick dozen of time. It might be fuel related since I didn't drained fuel and it might be gummed up inside fuel pipes. Pet **** is also very sticky.
2. Can't reach anything over 60km. At 60 it feels like its gonna blow. I think its also gummed up fuel?
3. Oily spark plug and leaks engine oil after every ride and I've to top up engine oil constantly. I think it needs new seals but not sure.
4. Rear suspension is like a 'pogo stick'. Bike hits every speed breaker. Should I replace them or repairing them is a better option?
5. Chain has a knocking sound (thak thak). I greased it myself but to no avail.
Rest is good. I've looked at the piston and it seemed in good shape to me.
Can you explain the solutions of above mentioned problems? An individual estimated expense of these problems shall be highly appreciated.