2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default YAMAHA Company Japan.

AOA, suna hai k yamaha company japan march 2015 main apni bikes launch karrahi hai ?????? is this news true? or kon kon c model aarahy hia ? any idea?

Founder Of MBC(Multan Bikers Club)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I know he mentions the original Italian Piaggio.

The biggest rulers of the 3rd world motorcycling world are still Honda. You can even find them in very remote places in South American countries and even in the remotest areas of the African Savanah.

bikes like the C-50, CG125 etc and a myriad of small quads
    So you suggest a Honda CG-125's engine better than a Suzuki GS-150's or more precisely i should say GS-125's? I am talking about localy manufactured bikes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im discussing the most widely used brand - and yes CG125 is a very old engine (older than me) and requires very little maintenance to keep running.

Different strokes for different folks - some like the OHC design of the suzuki engine (its also very durable)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes it is still No.1 selling brand but the reason behind being its best seller is the unawareness of people and its availability in some of the remotest areas where its competitor yet have to penetrate. I am not against any bike manufacturer but I want my countrymen brothers not to spent their/parent's hard earned money to spent on outdated machines (no value for money).
    I am saying all these things on my personal experience. Have kept many in the past. Its outdated(I would say obselete) OHV engine requires a lot of maintenance to keep running(More Cam problems than its counterparts) . Fuel economy is less or equal to 150cc OHC engine. It gets exhausted negotiating with steep ascends. (You would say that mountain people keep it but i would say the reason is same which i mentioned above). It is very uncomfortable to ride for a longer period of time. But Yes you can find its parts+mechanics easily and thats the only single factor in favour of this bike. I would never suggest a person living in a major city of Pakistan to purchase a CG-125 unless and untill they come up with a better state of the art robust machine. Atlas Honda is mashAllah earning a lot from their cars(which i think are the best maybe not in selling but technology wise) but scenario is different in case of bikes. They should now invest some ample amount to upgrade their bike division technically. They were once leading the pakistani bike market(according to requirements of that era) technically speaking by their local manufactured machines like CD-200 and MB-100 in early 80's and Benley Super/S-110 in late 70's. I hope after the arrival of new real market players they would have to be innovative again.
    P.S: and CG's engine(in pak) is not older than you. Its 2-years younger to you as first CG was arrived in Pakistani market back in 1981 with 5 gear transmission.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

... Your notion of chinese are super duper manufacturers does not hold true ...
    Top manufacturer simply means the company producing the highest number of motorised two-wheelers, quality or technology has nothing to do with it. Chinese and Indians mostly make small (up to 200cc) motorbikes in huge numbers, Japanese make comparatively higher number of larger bikes (which earn higher profits).

Kawasaki was number four overall, but it was more interested in larger bikes and was number two or three in the production of over 400cc bikes. Piaggio took the number four spot when scooters became popular once again. But it has been a while and things have changed a lot. Now most of the western sources talk about 'Brand Recognition' instead of sales figures and put Harley-Davidson and Ducati among top five 'most recognised motorbike brands'.

But its a numbers game, Hero is probably the world's top selling bike.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yamaha Japan's president message for year 2014

Pursuing the unique style of Yamaha

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zeshanaslam View Post
    Yamaha Japan's president message for year 2014

Pursuing the unique style of Yamaha

January 6, 2014

The third shift sees the region and locale participating even more broadly in procurement and manufacturing. This year will see advances in new overseas business and overseas factory establishment. These include the boat business and new factory construction in China, the new motorcycle business and new factory construction in Pakistan, and construction of new factories in India and Argentina. As well as the increased technological capacity at each region, we imagine a future in two years’ time that is characterized by an optimum manufacturing structure for the overall Yamaha group.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farhan_khetran View Post
    Suzuki GD110 being equiped with the state of the art SOHC engine.
    GD Engine sure is ahead of our OHV CG's but its STILL not STATE OF THE ART, I'm afraid...
    Does it have DOHC? Liquid Cooling aka Radiator? Fuel Injection or EFI? 4 valves per cylinder layout? Twin spark plugs? I'm afraid the answer is "NO"... Its as basic as it gets...
    I'm not even getting to Ride By Wire, Traction Control, Assisted Braking System or ABS etc etc... BTW current generation 125cc Vespas have these electronics, just FYI!
    Mind me being a 'jerk' or "Smart @ss" but I can't help myself when I see COMMENTS which are simply meant for bragging rights...
    Anyhow, its GOOD NEWS that Yamaha is opening up a plant here... My hopes are high too...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I find it pretty hard to beleive that Yamaha itself would bother to setup something in Pakistan where they can only sell a few scant motorcycles.

The old dawood yam ltd was a small venture - just like IMC is to Toyota.
    I'm wondering the same thing myself even though my hopes are high. All we know is that there's a plant located SOMEWHERE SOMEPLACE and they're working on some God knowns what "VAST PLANS" ... Why they're keeping it a TOP SECRET is beyond me... It a Motorcycle Manufacturing Plant not a bloody NUCLEAR MISSILE SILO!!!!!! Is it?
    I'm afraid this plant is nothing but a CONSPIRACY THEORY made up by some Pakwheelers...! But its NEVER getting old!!! But in all honesty, my hopes are high... Lets see (Fingers Crossed)...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Had this news n explode it out,
    i do not care if it wont happen for any reason
    i have 3 YAMAHA RETRO BIKES and i am loving it
    still no match of that bikes in pakistan,
    no one come close to them
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RX115 View Post
    i do not care if it wont happen for any reason
    i have 3 YAMAHA RETRO BIKES and i am loving it
    still no match of that bikes in pakistan,
    no one come close to them
    Atleast care for others bro who don't have Yamahas!
    You're right. Its funny that even ancient bikes are ahead of our current bikes...!!!
    Lets hope that Yamaha sail to our shores and throw its anchors here for good...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farhan_khetran View Post
    Yes it is still No.1 selling brand but the reason behind being its best seller is the unawareness of people and its availability in some of the remotest areas where its competitor yet have to penetrate. I am not against any bike manufacturer but I want my countrymen brothers not to spent their/parent's hard earned money to spent on outdated machines (no value for money).
    I am saying all these things on my personal experience. Have kept many in the past. Its outdated(I would say obselete) OHV engine requires a lot of maintenance to keep running(More Cam problems than its counterparts) . Fuel economy is less or equal to 150cc OHC engine. It gets exhausted negotiating with steep ascends. (You would say that mountain people keep it but i would say the reason is same which i mentioned above). It is very uncomfortable to ride for a longer period of time. But Yes you can find its parts+mechanics easily and thats the only single factor in favour of this bike. I would never suggest a person living in a major city of Pakistan to purchase a CG-125 unless and untill they come up with a better state of the art robust machine. Atlas Honda is mashAllah earning a lot from their cars(which i think are the best maybe not in selling but technology wise) but scenario is different in case of bikes. They should now invest some ample amount to upgrade their bike division technically. They were once leading the pakistani bike market(according to requirements of that era) technically speaking by their local manufactured machines like CD-200 and MB-100 in early 80's and Benley Super/S-110 in late 70's. I hope after the arrival of new real market players they would have to be innovative again.
    P.S: and CG's engine(in pak) is not older than you. Its 2-years younger to you as first CG was arrived in Pakistani market back in 1981 with 5 gear transmission.

The first Honda CG125s were made in 1976 - 2 years older than me, There were 2 other models the CG100 and CG110 which never got quite famous. The reason for the old technology was that it was aimed for markets that did not have quality maintenance items - you already would know the famous "cam chaat jana" "cam knock" of the OHC CB engines that Honda made. Their ailments were usually in 3rd world countries where cheap oil was used in the engine for extended intervals. - you can search wikipedia and it will tell you the same.

That is where the CG engine shines - it will still chug along with cheap maintenance as the engine runs a bit cooler and more stress free than the old CB - Its like the old subaru EJ22 engines, You may not know of this engine but the Subaru EJ22 engine is almost indestructable - those cars see use in the city then rural and lastly the farm and still the damn things dont die. People then remove the engine and attach something to its output like a generator or pump etc and scrap the car's body.

Im all for modern technology and all the doo daads etc etc. But the problem is that there is no safety or emmissions mandate in Pakistan, furthermore most motorcycles are used by people as their transport and not for fun. They wont like to own a machine that requires a dealer diagnostic system to calibrate and repair and their entire paycheck gets owned by the motorcycle.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    Top manufacturer simply means the company producing the highest number of motorised two-wheelers, quality or technology has nothing to do with it. Chinese and Indians mostly make small (up to 200cc) motorbikes in huge numbers, Japanese make comparatively higher number of larger bikes (which earn higher profits).

Kawasaki was number four overall, but it was more interested in larger bikes and was number two or three in the production of over 400cc bikes. Piaggio took the number four spot when scooters became popular once again. But it has been a while and things have changed a lot. Now most of the western sources talk about 'Brand Recognition' instead of sales figures and put Harley-Davidson and Ducati among top five 'most recognised motorbike brands'.

But its a numbers game, Hero is probably the world's top selling bike.

So you mean to say that someone can make a motorcycle with poor quality metal for stamped items, rough sand casting for engine casings, have it built by drugged people and it will sell like hot cake because its 75% cheaper than anything else with 2 wheels?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So you mean to say that someone can make a motorcycle with poor quality metal for stamped items, rough sand casting for engine casings, have it built by drugged people and it will sell like hot cake because its 75% cheaper than anything else with 2 wheels?
    I WROTE WHAT I MEANT TO SAY!!!

Please don't try to extract stupid meanings from very simple factual statements.
    Asad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just confirmed it by friend,YMC plant is located near SUZUKI plant at port qasim

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RX115 View Post
    just confirmed it by friend,YMC plant is located near SUZUKI plant at port qasim
    Bro please confirm the dates also when bikes will be available

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    I WROTE WHAT I MEANT TO SAY!!!

Please don't try to extract stupid meanings from very simple factual statements.

Your factual statement(s) claim that there is no concept of brand history or quality or longevity. If that were the case then manufacturers like Siemens etc would never have existed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    Bro please confirm the dates also when bikes will be available
    they will must had media campaign and must share their budget for tv ads, but that all will be happen at a certain stage, hope for the best till now everything is hidden under the plant and there is no excess

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    g yehi baat suni thi koi 5 saal pehle. jab aye gi pata chal jaye ga, no one has any official confirmation of this. also thread title could be a bit better
    yes , yamaha bikes to be launch in 2015..and factory bus completion process main hay abhi...or is factory ki security bhi hamaray pass hay...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List