60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Yamaha YBR-125 Review.

Let's share what do we know about the newly launched Yamaha YBR-125 so far.

Post pictures, comments, experiences.

PS: Let's hold this discussion like responsible and sensible grown-ups. Happy riding

Pictures:
    From showroom - by Surty1
    From Launch Event (1, 2)on 27-April-2015 - by imbigsmall
    My First In-person Experience with YBR-125 on 28-April-2015

Proud owners:

Member Color Thread Purchased on City
    rajahasnain92 Red My new ybr 125 yes yamaha 28-APR-2015 Gujjar Khan
    amzee1 Grey Islamabad's First Yamaha YBR 125, I think so 29-APR-2015
    ASIFALI1231 Blue My Blue Beast YBR125, yes, Yamaha 06-MAY-2015
    Zyrak Grey Newbie in Garage YBR in Grey 23-MAY-2015 Toba Tek Singh
    jadoon1992_vxlimited Red The Red Yamaha YBR 125 23-MAY-2015 Karachi
    DJNOMI Grey YAMAHA YBR 125 - (Grey Color) - After First Service !! Lahore
    Zeniemo Lahore
    iffi7u6 08-JUN-2015 Lahore

=======
    Edited 30-APR-2015

Things which we feel are missing:

1. Engine kill switch.
    2. Pass switch.
    3. The YBR-125 basic model for those people who are looking for a new family bike or just those who like things retro.
    4. MOD EDIT: Review/ First Look by member @7thgear here>>Yamaha YBR-125 Review. - 252014 - Page 7

=======
    Edited 08-JUN-2015

Yamaha YBR Service Manual (courtesy rzrz in this post)
    =======

MOD EDIT: Please keep discussion professional. Off topic replies, Chit chat and fighting with other member will result in infraction and repeated violation means a BAN.

Thanks.
    First deserve, then desire.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    Next two models will not launch too soon. Primarily because the plant has still not started working fully and secondly Yamaha would not do anything to affect the sale of first model. Besides, the other two models use the same engine with major change in design/category of the bike.
    you are right and i now this wait is going to be very hard for me. i think i can withstand it for ybr 125G till december. i postponed it only because ybr 125G not because many members saying that most of the parts are made in china. what i believe is wherever they are made, these bikes are going to be far more better than CG and Deluxe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfahadb001 View Post
    Hi guys..
    first of all congrats to all of us because new era of bikes is started in pakistan, atleast new designs and features are coming that will replace that toooo old models like 70's which are there in market since our childhoods.
    Yamaha did a very great job by launching YBR 125. Piaggio storm & suzuki CD110 are also the game turn overs. but yamaha looks are too stunning uptill now as compared to all bikes available in market.

I have't seen the bike personally but its looks great and eye catcher to me.. its yamaha so i'm sure it would be better than other bikes atleast from china bikes........ Its engine and performane would be better as well..

over all looks & features are superb.. but in my views 2-3 things are missing which would be there in this bike to be a top of the list in all.. although other pakistani bikes has these features, yamaha should also have them or even think about them to make YBR 125 as best bike of pakistan.

these things are:

1. handle of Yamaha YBR 125 is same as all others bike, thats not goes with the design, it should be atleast like Piaggio storm 125 which has raised sports handle bars, if yamaha adopt it from piaggio that will add extra great looks to bike..

2. Chain cover is always a problem to a bike and for biker as well. although Yahama introduced plastic cover that would be good in case of rusting, in my view there would no chain cover as international model of yahama YBR 125 has. even Piaggio storm dont have chain cover.

3. Foot rest of this bike is same as all the other local bikes has. foot rest should be sporty & foldable as well with rubber top to reduce vibrations. steel diamond shaped chassis should be there as international model has. same adopted by Piaggio storm. so pakistani Yamaha YBR 125 should have this it would add extra sporty looks to bike and a perfect design.

4. shocks are really nice specially the front one. the stock version has reflector in it that add nice looks to it, but i think it should be in black color to add extra looks. international model has black but without reflector, if black with reflector would be there then it will be a greater part

5. Yamaha comes with self starter thats a big need of a bike but i think it should be there with engine kill button as well for a complete power turn on/off setup, suzuki GD110s has it.. so yamaha should think about it to..

6. I'm not sure about the fuel tank's lid of yamaha, it should be sporty as bike design is. sporty fuel tank lid is adopted well by piaggio storm.

7. I like the bike all over, great design, the only think that i dont like is its silencer/exhaust. its all silverish.. its should be like international model has, thats a super eye catcher exhaust. yamaha pakistan should change it as early as possible. even piaggio storm & suzuki GD110 has acceptable designs of silencer.

Yahama Pakistan Should think all the above points if these all added to this bike then it would be the unbeatable bike for many years.
    Yamaha still dont have the above points but i'm still intrested to have this bike.. Inshalah will get it soon..
    Adding all those things specially those Raised Clip On Handle Bars, foot pegs, gear lever would have increased 10k in the price of the bike. And though piaggio handle looks better and make the ride a lot more fun but after a few hours of drive they are not as comfortable as the conventional handle bars specially for those who are not used to of these raised handle bars.
    and there are two more things that should be present specially DIPPER BUTTON
    Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569906
    and there is no parking light switch in ignition switch which is a good thing to have if u r parking ur bike during night, on the side of the road.
    Now People don't start bashing us, its just a comparison

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassams View Post
    Totally useless website

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    bike sounded more towards kinda heavy bike sound
    its actually very quiet bike from the demo i got at the lahore showroom

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone plz tell me that any dealer in rawalpindi/islamabad give these yamaha ybr bikes on installments?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MySchizoBuddy View Post
    Totally useless website
    Website is incomplete and not updated. I hope that after sales service will not like that.!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello

I have come to know that there is no way to lowering this bike. is it true?

how many booking done in lahore till now? and when will booked bikes will arrived?
    What if I not book and wait for stock? is that I will blank handed or easy get from stock?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its actually very quiet bike from the demo i got at the lahore showroom
    I understand but what about when you revs it? What was the sound then?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfahadb001 View Post
    Hi guys..
    first of all congrats to all of us because new era of bikes is started in pakistan, atleast new designs and features are coming that will replace that toooo old models like 70's which are there in market since our childhoods.
    Yamaha did a very great job by launching YBR 125. Piaggio storm & suzuki CD110 are also the game turn overs. but yamaha looks are too stunning uptill now as compared to all bikes available in market.

I have't seen the bike personally but its looks great and eye catcher to me.. its yamaha so i'm sure it would be better than other bikes atleast from china bikes........ Its engine and performane would be better as well..

over all looks & features are superb.. but in my views 2-3 things are missing which would be there in this bike to be a top of the list in all.. although other pakistani bikes has these features, yamaha should also have them or even think about them to make YBR 125 as best bike of pakistan.

these things are:

1. handle of Yamaha YBR 125 is same as all others bike, thats not goes with the design, it should be atleast like Piaggio storm 125 which has raised sports handle bars, if yamaha adopt it from piaggio that will add extra great looks to bike..

Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569874

2. Chain cover is always a problem to a bike and for biker as well. although Yahama introduced plastic cover that would be good in case of rusting, in my view there would no chain cover as international model of yahama YBR 125 has. even Piaggio storm dont have chain cover.

Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569882

3. Foot rest of this bike is same as all the other local bikes has. foot rest should be sporty & foldable as well with rubber top to reduce vibrations. steel diamond shaped chassis should be there as international model has. same adopted by Piaggio storm. so pakistani Yamaha YBR 125 should have this it would add extra sporty looks to bike and a perfect design.

Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569875
    Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569876

4. shocks are really nice specially the front one. the stock version has reflector in it that add nice looks to it, but i think it should be in black color to add extra looks. international model has black but without reflector, if black with reflector would be there then it will be a greater part

Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569877

5. Yamaha comes with self starter thats a big need of a bike but i think it should be there with engine kill button as well for a complete power turn on/off setup, suzuki GD110s has it.. so yamaha should think about it to..

Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569878

6. I'm not sure about the fuel tank's lid of yamaha, it should be sporty as bike design is. sporty fuel tank lid is adopted well by piaggio storm.

Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569880

7. I like the bike all over, great design, the only think that i dont like is its silencer/exhaust. its all silverish.. its should be like international model has, thats a super eye catcher exhaust. yamaha pakistan should change it as early as possible. even piaggio storm & suzuki GD110 has acceptable designs of silencer.

Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569879
    Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569881

Yahama Pakistan Should think all the above points if these all added to this bike then it would be the unbeatable bike for many years.
    Yamaha still dont have the above points but i'm still intrested to have this bike.. Inshalah will get it soon..
    Good comparison! I hope Yamaha adopts these changes.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today saw a YBR in Quetta that was in blue color. Overall quality is really good, color and finishing is just astonishing. Visor and headlight should be more sharp and curvy and yes Yamaha has to concentrate on quality of it's front.
    Bike sound is just like GS150, silent on idle and little louder at high RPM but no way near to super bike.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as per below thread ..
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...24#post4779418

it seems it will do average of 40kmpltr when riding it in 'ecocnomy' zone .. as running is done in that zone.
    but we need to check its speedomenter against gps for %age of accuracy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i went to a dealer in my city to check the bike. he told me something i never heard it before even here on forums. according to him price of the bike will rise in june. the price 1,29400 consider this as introductory launch offer. can someone confirm this?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shadowless_33 View Post
    today i went to a dealer in my city to check the bike. he told me something i never heard it before even here on forums. according to him price of the bike will rise in june. the price 1,29400 consider this as introductory launch offer. can someone confirm this?

we need a chYamaha to bring same biks like they did for cHonda else that little 70 would now be well above 1.5 lac..
    waiting for that damn competition.. same as we saw in cHonda case.. or in Telco sector.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alhamdulillah got my YBR today from Yamaha showroom near Gulrez colony Rawalpindi. I also have a Deluxe right now so can give my 2 cents on YBR first hand. Driven it only a few Kms so far but OMG it is soooo smooth and comfortable. Loved the drive of it. And I park my bike indoors daily so had to push them up 2 stairs, YBR with full fuel felt lighter than the Deluxe which only has about 2 liters of fuel in it. so YBR gonna be quite quick. Will give it the beans after 1000Kms of running insha Allah. And the dealers who are sayiing prices will rise are just looking to spook people into buying the bike asap. Prices can't go up.
    Yamaha YBR-125 Review. - 15txhss

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sheikh_meister View Post
    Alhamdulillah got my YBR today from Yamaha showroom near Gulrez colony Rawalpindi. I also have a Deluxe right now so can give my 2 cents on YBR first hand. Driven it only a few Kms so far but OMG it is soooo smooth and comfortable. Loved the drive of it. And I park my bike indoors daily so had to push them up 2 stairs, YBR with full fuel felt lighter than the Deluxe which only has about 2 liters of fuel in it. so YBR gonna be quite quick. Will give it the beans after 1000Kms of running insha Allah. And the dealers who are sayiing prices will rise are just looking to spook people into buying the bike asap. Prices can't go up.
    Yamaha YBR-125 Review. - 15txhss
    Congratulations on the bike! Ma Sha Allah it's a beauty.

I suggest you make a seperate thread for the bike and update it with your experience, and with pictures of course!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by f4fraz View Post
    I have come to know that there is no way to lowering this bike. is it true?
    The back shocks are adjustable and hence the back seat can be lowered

18. 04-05-2015, 05:25 AM

Site Banned

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The back shocks are adjustable and hence the back seat can be lowered
    That adjustment is meant for hardness/softness, height can't be adjusted with them.

20. 04-05-2015, 07:06 AM

Senior PakWheeler

21. 04-05-2015, 07:50 AM

Site Banned

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

THIS BIKE MIGHT STILL NOT BE ABLE TO SMOKE CG125 DUE TO THE WEIGHT RATIO. Can someone confirm

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    @OP..

1: how accurate it the bike meter comparted to gps ?
    2: based on above results what is its fuel consumption ?

its strange that no one has yet came up to my above to simple questions ..
    Bro, I don't have this bike yet. We are all desperately waiting for rajahasnain92, amzee1 and sheikh_meister to share these results.
    First deserve, then desire.

24. 04-05-2015, 09:33 AM

Senior PakWheeler

25. 04-05-2015, 09:54 AM
    r1

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza__ali View Post
    THIS BIKE MIGHT STILL NOT BE ABLE TO SMOKE CG125 DUE TO THE WEIGHT RATIO. Can someone confirm
    i hate CG but the fact is fact CG can beat the crap out of this bike in acceleration, CG is just a shurlee, YBR is a proper bike.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

User Tag List