60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Yamaha YBR-125 Review.

Let's share what do we know about the newly launched Yamaha YBR-125 so far.

Post pictures, comments, experiences.

PS: Let's hold this discussion like responsible and sensible grown-ups. Happy riding

Pictures:
    From showroom - by Surty1
    From Launch Event (1, 2)on 27-April-2015 - by imbigsmall
    My First In-person Experience with YBR-125 on 28-April-2015

Proud owners:

Member Color Thread Purchased on City
    rajahasnain92 Red My new ybr 125 yes yamaha 28-APR-2015 Gujjar Khan
    amzee1 Grey Islamabad's First Yamaha YBR 125, I think so 29-APR-2015
    ASIFALI1231 Blue My Blue Beast YBR125, yes, Yamaha 06-MAY-2015
    Zyrak Grey Newbie in Garage YBR in Grey 23-MAY-2015 Toba Tek Singh
    jadoon1992_vxlimited Red The Red Yamaha YBR 125 23-MAY-2015 Karachi
    DJNOMI Grey YAMAHA YBR 125 - (Grey Color) - After First Service !! Lahore
    Zeniemo Lahore
    iffi7u6 08-JUN-2015 Lahore

=======
    Edited 30-APR-2015

Things which we feel are missing:

1. Engine kill switch.
    2. Pass switch.
    3. The YBR-125 basic model for those people who are looking for a new family bike or just those who like things retro.
    4. MOD EDIT: Review/ First Look by member @7thgear here>>Yamaha YBR-125 Review. - 252014 - Page 7

=======
    Edited 08-JUN-2015

Yamaha YBR Service Manual (courtesy rzrz in this post)
    =======

MOD EDIT: Please keep discussion professional. Off topic replies, Chit chat and fighting with other member will result in infraction and repeated violation means a BAN.

Thanks.
    First deserve, then desire.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adimash View Post
    DjNomi Bro i totally disagree with this Meeting Plan Concept.. We all know that now a days snatching Bike cases are increasing.. Especially in Karachi & Lahore.. Most of the snatching cases belongs to OLX and other online selling Products Sites.. We are not alone here on this thread.. Hundreds of users reading such Posts.. So as ur Bro i will suggest u to not trust any buddy at any cost Online... Next upto You... Thanks..

May Allah Protect You & Others always...
    Are you this dumb always, or just on special occasions?

If we had a meeting plan, do you think we would discuss this in public, for other people to read it and anticipate our meeting point?

Anyway, thanks for your concern. I am sure other people will appreciate.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    That has to come from the gut feeling. The whole idea is to rev the engine at a constantly varying input/output (accelerator/gear) combination.

These are my bits; experts here can guide us better.
    Thanks bro.
    Actually Sometimes we need to travel on the way where there is no traffic so can ride the bike without beak or change of the gears. In that case should we need to raise and reduce the speed constantly within the same gear limit? Or we must have to dead slow down and then star over from 1st gear?

May be it looks silly question but I believe it's very sound one specially in beak - in period to make a strong engine power.

Expert guidance pls...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naqvi.5 View Post
    Thanks bro.
    Actually Sometimes we need to travel on the way where there is no traffic so can ride the bike without beak or change of the gears. In that case should we need to raise and reduce the speed constantly within the same gear limit? Or we must have to dead slow down and then star over from 1st gear?

May be it looks silly question but I believe it's very sound one specially in beak - in period to make a strong engine power.

Expert guidance pls...
    Don't over think it. You keep riding as you do. The whole idea is about 'varying engine RPMs'. You can do that even on empty road. Like, occasionally decelerate (reduce speed) and come down to 4 or 3rd gear ... then again increase speed upto 4th or 5th gear.

Even if you don't reduce gears, reducing just the speed and increasing it again later will also do the trick.

You don't have to vary your engine RPM too much. Slight variations will also do. Just don't keep the engine at same RPM for too long, say, 10 minutes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Are you this dumb always, or just on special occasions?

If we had a meeting plan, do you think we would discuss this in public, for other people to read it and anticipate our meeting point?

Anyway, thanks for your concern. I am sure other people will appreciate.
    I think attached Picture is enough to explain either am dumb or you are... Think before speak....

and for your kind knowledge i specially mentioned the one to whom i care about and His newly Bought Asset.. So keep your own business....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@adimash! Wow, so think If I "Liked" the post, I am in total agreement with said statement? (For the record, I liked it because of the idea of meeting at such a point). I appreciate your caring and all, but you don't have whatever we are talking over PMs. So don't jump to conclusions, please. If you do want to know our plan, ask TZB what I have said to him over PM.

I am done here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @adimash! Wow, so think If I "Liked" the post, I am in total agreement with said statement? (For the record, I liked it because of the idea of meeting at such a point). I appreciate your caring and all, but you don't have whatever we are talking over PMs. So don't jump to conclusions, please. If you do want to know our plan, ask TZB what I have said to him over PM.

I am done here.
    No offensive Brother.. But Next time Avoid using such " Dumb " type of words to any one bcz such words are so disrespectful... Hope you Understand...

Am done here....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DJNOMI View Post
    i dont want to start discussion on this thread further i am in for this but i suggest you to start a new thread for YBR Bikers Club and then we can make such plan so we can know how many members are in Lahore.
    Gud idea..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok guys adding top speed and pick review today me at YBR and my younger bro on CG 125 we decided to race out and check the performnce of the bikes .. i have just drove about 716 km.
    I am coming staright to conculution that i gave him very tough time top speed of 110 was achived by me but due to some traffic limiation i was not able go above that speed but i can assure 120 is achievable some racing techniques like bending crossing air was used to achive quick toruqe and i am quite happy with performance of YBR..
    P.S.. i am not a racer or dont like racing normally whole purpose was to check performance of both bikes. So Honda fans brace yourself Yamaha is here...
    My brother also admired the power of the bike and he has said i was not expecting ybr will be able to come near... The advantage cg 125 has less weight compared to ybr whereas ybr is liquid smooth on 110km/h
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok guys adding top speed and pick review today me at YBR and my younger bro on CG 125 we decided to race out and check the performnce of the bikes .. i have just drove about 716 km.
    I am coming staright to conculution that i gave him very tough time top speed of 110 was achived by me but due to some traffic limiation i was not able go above that speed but i can assure 120 is achievable some racing techniques like bending crossing air was used to achive quick toruqe and i am quite happy with performance of YBR..
    P.S.. i am not a racer or dont like racing normally whole purpose was to check performance of both bikes. So Honda fans brace yourself Yamaha is here...
    My brother also admired the power of the bike and he has said i was not expecting ybr will be able to come near... The advantage cg 125 has less weight compared to ybr whereas ybr is liquid smooth on 110km/h
    Good going DJ i was already aspecting 110km/h from this machine any way congrats for achieving 110

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Having 18 inches rear tyre + its a 125cc (OHC) category, 110 km/h is always achievable. The engine is still not rev up to full. I had an experience with my Star 70, it gave me even better top speed at around 2000 km running mark than 1000 km running mark.

I am also sure YBR has better stretch for a gear than CG.

Could you compare speed vs RPM between CG and YBR like at speed of 80 - 90 km/h.

Bara CG-125 bana phirta hai jou Sprinter say derta hai ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Having 18 inches rear tyre + its a 125cc (OHC) category, 110 km/h is always achievable. The engine is still not rev up to full. I had an experience with my Star 70, it gave me even better top speed at around 2000 km running mark than 1000 km running mark.

I am also sure YBR has better stretch for a gear than CG.

Could you compare speed vs RPM between CG and YBR like at speed of 80 - 90 km/h.
    i dont have exact figures but i do checked with him it was always approx. 1000 to 1500 RPM difference compared to CG 125. means YBR has more power in terms of RPM if we compare it with CG, for example at 6000 RPM YBR goes to 80 KM/H where cg do the same speed in 7000-7500 RPM.
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes and a one simple reason (for YBR lesser RPMs) is 18 inches rear tyre. A 17 inches rear tyre will give you a quicker acceleration but in the end 18 inches has much better road grip, more speed on lesser RPMs (which result in fuel efficiency) plus longer stretch for a gear. There are certainly other reasons like gear box, sprocket ratios.

i dont have exact figures but i do checked with him it was always approx. 1000 to 1500 RPM difference compared to CG 125. means YBR has more power in terms of RPM if we compare it with CG, for example at 6000 RPM YBR goes to 80 KM/H where cg do the same speed in 7000-7500 RPM.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes and a one simple reason (for YBR lesser RPMs) is 18 inches rear tyre. A 17 inches rear tyre will give you a quicker acceleration but in the end 18 inches has much better road grip, more speed on lesser RPMs (which result in fuel efficiency) plus longer stretch for a gear. There are certainly other reasons like gear box, sprocket ratios.
    So you are saying that if we replace CG with an 18 inch rear tyre it will perform well against yamaha?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkhan View Post
    So you are saying that if we replace CG with an 18 inch rear tyre it will perform well against yamaha?

he didn't said this i think you got it wrong he said 17 inch Tyre give your more acceleration compared to 18 inch which has better road grip

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he didn't said this i think you got it wrong he said 17 inch Tyre give your more acceleration compared to 18 inch which has better road grip
    No he mentioned 3 things
    17 inches rear tyre has quicker acceleration but in the end 18 inches has much better road grip, more speed on lesser RPMs (which result in fuel efficiency) plus longer stretch for a gear.
    So my question was if we replace the tyre to 18 inch then will we achieve all these 3 points mentioned?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, A Honda deluxe owner better comment on this.

Generally, I would say yes may be we just need to adjust sprocket ratios for much optimization.

No he mentioned 3 things
    17 inches rear tyre has quicker acceleration but in the end 18 inches has much better road grip, more speed on lesser RPMs (which result in fuel efficiency) plus longer stretch for a gear.
    So my question was if we replace the tyre to 18 inch then will we achieve all these 3 points mentioned?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Similar experience I have learnt incase of Sprinter (18 inches tyre) and GD110 (17 inches tyre).

I had a discussion with a rider who owns Sprinter and GD110. He told me GD has better acceleration, road grip more or less same, Sprinter has longer gear stretch and top speed also. To keep top speed factor simple he was like k reaching 100 - 110 km/h on Sprinter was easier than the GD. But GD clearly outclassed Sprinter in acceleration.

****** Please note that I am just talking simple factors here, not some real technical theories / imitations. I am just writing down what I have experienced with my naked eyes. ******

No he mentioned 3 things

Brother, A Honda deluxe owner better comment on this.

Generally, I would say yes may be we just need to adjust sprocket ratios for much optimization.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Similar experience I have learnt incase of Sprinter (18 inches tyre) and GD110 (17 inches tyre).

I had a discussion with a rider who owns Sprinter and GD110. He told me GD has better acceleration, road grip more or less same, Sprinter has longer gear stretch and top speed also. To keep top speed factor simple he was like k reaching 100 - 110 km/h on Sprinter was easier than the GD. But GD clearly outclassed Sprinter in acceleration.

****** Please note that I am just talking simple factors here, not some real technical theories / imitations. I am just writing down what I have experienced with my naked eyes. ******
    Thats a long disscussion many people may give different opinions here but coming back to topic im waiting for 150cc bike and i have heard yamaha may launch MT-125 aswell lets wait and watch .. Fingers crossed 😁

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats a long disscussion many people may give different opinions here but coming back to topic im waiting for 150cc bike and i have heard yamaha may launch MT-125 aswell lets wait and watch .. Fingers crossed 

MT 125 not yet launched in India , i dont think it will be coming to Pakistan ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i second that. Pakistan won't be getting MT125, since it's a European model with advance features and an even advanced price tag, and the International market doesn't consider such products suitable for a country like us.
    "He knows not where he's going..........for the road will decide -----
    It's not the destination..........it's the glory of the ride"

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

User Tag List