60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Yamaha YBR-125 Review.

Let's share what do we know about the newly launched Yamaha YBR-125 so far.

Post pictures, comments, experiences.

PS: Let's hold this discussion like responsible and sensible grown-ups. Happy riding

Pictures:
    From showroom - by Surty1
    From Launch Event (1, 2)on 27-April-2015 - by imbigsmall
    My First In-person Experience with YBR-125 on 28-April-2015

Proud owners:

Member Color Thread Purchased on City
    rajahasnain92 Red My new ybr 125 yes yamaha 28-APR-2015 Gujjar Khan
    amzee1 Grey Islamabad's First Yamaha YBR 125, I think so 29-APR-2015
    ASIFALI1231 Blue My Blue Beast YBR125, yes, Yamaha 06-MAY-2015
    Zyrak Grey Newbie in Garage YBR in Grey 23-MAY-2015 Toba Tek Singh
    jadoon1992_vxlimited Red The Red Yamaha YBR 125 23-MAY-2015 Karachi
    DJNOMI Grey YAMAHA YBR 125 - (Grey Color) - After First Service !! Lahore
    Zeniemo Lahore
    iffi7u6 08-JUN-2015 Lahore

=======
    Edited 30-APR-2015

Things which we feel are missing:

1. Engine kill switch.
    2. Pass switch.
    3. The YBR-125 basic model for those people who are looking for a new family bike or just those who like things retro.
    4. MOD EDIT: Review/ First Look by member @7thgear here>>Yamaha YBR-125 Review. - 252014 - Page 7

=======
    Edited 08-JUN-2015

Yamaha YBR Service Manual (courtesy rzrz in this post)
    =======

MOD EDIT: Please keep discussion professional. Off topic replies, Chit chat and fighting with other member will result in infraction and repeated violation means a BAN.

Thanks.
    First deserve, then desire.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The bike has adjustable rear suspension. So you can lower the bike for family. The back seat is indeed very wide

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Isn't GD110 all to all imported? Isn't YBR production localized (apart from those initial 25k something units they'd import)?GD's quality much be better for a reason, and thats because its not being produced in Pakistan. Unless i am mistaken.
    Only engine was imported rest of the parts were locally assembled. Thats why GD price tag is sky.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    I think the YBR 125Z looks a dozen times better. The spirit of 'classic' is retained in that one, and it doesn't try too hard to look like a sporty commuter which it just isn't.But yes, without a Disc Brake upfront, it would be pointless to have that. I was hoping to see a YBR125 without that front stupid looking visor. This is more of my thing:Yamaha YBR-125 Review. - yamaha ybr 125 red
    Don't you think the 'Z' variant is looking cool with spoke rims? 'Plastic' is new SPORTY and now we have to live with it, but the quality of YBR's visor is 1000 time better than cheap & pathetic CG Dream/Deluxe.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    Yes.

I think it would have been much better if Yamaha launched the basic YBR-125 as well for people who commute with families on motorbike. This version, though sporty and stylish, is deterring such prospective buyers who are looking for a "fresh" family commuting bike. Yamaha should immediately correct this "mistake" of not launching the basic version.
    It has been said by the company on number of occasions that YBRz (off-road/trail) is coming on 31 July whereas, YB 125 (basic) priced at 109000 approx - is due by 2nd or 3rd week of December. Yamaha is not in a hurry they have a full roll out plan till 2020 before they capture all segments of Pakistans two wheeler market. YBR is just a product to start things with. Trust me good times of Pakistani bikers are here I am waiting for the YBRz and will get one IA as I am more inclined towards the off road model
    Life Is a Waste Of Time, Time Is a Waste Of Life, So Get Wasted All The Time, And Have The Time Of Your Life..!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kashifrizwan View Post
    How do you use a stock tyre as tubeless?
    We were told that we simply hae to remove the tube and put in the nosel/valve for tubeless rims, thats it.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amerhassan View Post
    very informative..
    if you can post more clear pictures of front of the bike
    My bad I was not carrying my camera and took only a few pics with mobile. But here is the pic of front, although not taken by me.

YBR 125First Look -1569465
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shadowless_33 View Post
    i am postponing my buy till other 2 models are launched.
    Next two models will not launch too soon. Primarily because the plant has still not started working fully and secondly Yamaha would not do anything to affect the sale of first model. Besides, the other two models use the same engine with major change in design/category of the bike.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When will we see genuine chYamaha at substantially lower price?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

TZB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahdshafiq View Post
    It has been said by the company on number of occasions that YBRz (off-road/trail) is coming on 31 July whereas, YB 125 (basic) priced at 109000 approx - is due by 2nd or 3rd week of December.
    Is this a word of mouth? It would be great if you can share the source before we get way too excited (lolz) as this is indeed a great news for us all!

ITrust me good times of Pakistani bikers are here
    Indeed! The first seed was Suzuki GD and the plant is growing to become a dense, fruit-bearing tree soon Insha Allah.

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post

What is chYamaha?
    First deserve, then desire.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go to McLeod road. The Yamaha dealership in front of the fountain is offering booking on PKR 50k with delivery on 10th May.

I also have the dealership's number. Here: Al-Madina Traders 3725-7577 and 3722-3905.

Yamaha YBR125 Review -1569303

Good luck!
    I have been there yesterday, they were not taking bookings. They said booking will be open on 10th May than we can commit delivery date.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post

It already is chYamaha. Dealers who are saying this bike is japanese are earning haram by misguiding people.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It has been said by the company on number of occasions that YBRz (off-road/trail) is coming on 31 July whereas, YB 125 (basic) priced at 109000 approx - is due by 2nd or 3rd week of December. Yamaha is not in a hurry they have a full roll out plan till 2020 before they capture all segments of Pakistans two wheeler market. YBR is just a product to start things with. Trust me good times of Pakistani bikers are here I am waiting for the YBRz and will get one IA as I am more inclined towards the off road model
    That offroad model isnt really different from a regular ybr. That is it doesnt have longer suspension travel or ground clearance. It just has the looks of a trail bike

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is this a word of mouth? It would be great if you can share the source before we get way too excited (lolz) as this is indeed a great news for us all!

Indeed! The first seed was Suzuki GD and the plant is growing to become a dense, fruit-bearing tree soon Insha Allah.

What is chYamaha?
    It's not word of mouth. Follow Yamaha motor Pakistan website and soon Ull see the product line added to it if you look closely at their website n facebook page there is no mention of YBR launch as yet. From my perspective YBR is still in a pre launch phase intentionally by the company to create a demand supply gap.
    Life Is a Waste Of Time, Time Is a Waste Of Life, So Get Wasted All The Time, And Have The Time Of Your Life..!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    That offroad model isnt really different from a regular ybr. That is it doesnt have longer suspension travel or ground clearance. It just has the looks of a trail bike
    Thanks for ur msg. I know there is no difference except the looks but I'll prefer that since it attracts me more.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cancer4u28 View Post
    Went to book YBR 125 in Lahore. One dealer was not taking booking, says booking will open on 10th May.
    Other 1S dealer say delivery in 2 months. Price of ex-stock bike 160,000.
    Third dealer was offering delivery in 1 month.

Hence proved that it was not companies, it was our own people who has same mindset to take opportunity to loot people and damage companies repute.
    Try emailing Yamaha Motor Pakistan directly about it. See what they say and if they take any action.

CONTACT | YAMAHA MOTOR PAKISTAN Pvt., Ltd
    info@yamaha-motor.com.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its good to see public, these days, is more into "reviews" thing before going to purchase. In this way they can have value for money, at least in their own eyes and won't have to regret after making a purchase. But its more specific to poor countries like us. I don't think so that Europeans/US do that much research on "purchase".

Well if everyone take a step on the base of other's experience, who would be the initiator then. I read somewhere the saying of Hazrat Luqman "A human's life is not that lengthy that he/she do all the experiments him/herself. He/She should also learn from the experiences/mistakes of others". But sometimes one should go "out of the way" and take the lead. Not listening to others sometime has also a charm in itself. I still remember the days of 1992 when i went market with my uncle to purchase a bike first time in my life. I was having a craze for Kawasaki GTO-125 those days. We seen a 1000km driven GTO in black color. New bike was around 42000PKR in pricing those days and aforementioned slighty used GTO-125 was being sold for 31000PKR. My heart was badly on that bike but my uncle said that it hasn't good after sale market and it drinks too much fuel etc. Some dealers in the market also let us down by saying similar kind of stuff, suggesting rather we should go for a Honda CG-125 or Yamaha YB-100. So we ended up buying a brand new CG-125 in 36900PKR. But Kawasaki never faded away from my heart and after using Five Star CG-125 almost three years i purchased a used GTO125 in 1995 for 53000PKR. Moral of the stroy :" Mind and heart are two different things and its upto you that you listen to which one".

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What sells quickly and in large quantity: an expensive product or a cheap product?

There are already quite a few members here (including myself) who, while appreciating the launch of sports model, are simultaneously disappointed at Yamaha for not launching the base model. Is it not a bad business strategy to turn down customers because you do not have what (most) customers want?
    That's the point brother, had they given a choice at this stage it would have effected the sales of their top end product. Just look at this way since the inception of CG-125 from Honda, no other product has come close to it, neither the deluxe nor the dream. Company would definitely like to see some of their high product selling before they target the other segment.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

YBR is totally chinese, made by Jianshe, dealers are lying about this, the build quality is same as Piaggio, i have also seen the bike in person for like half an hour, the build quality is very good and yes u r right at some places one can see some quality issues but no big deal. About sound Piaggio have gone louder with its 2014 model, exhaust is a bit bass-y now, on the other hand YBR sound is whisper-ish. Seat and riding posture is something this bike is best at, i was really surprised how comfortable this bike is. Looks and feature wise piaggio still stands on top but still its good to have something like YBR in our market and right before the day YBR is launched, RAVI has filled its shops with new stock of bikes and spare parts too, right now AL HAQ autos have 20 bikes in their showroom , this is what we want in our market some competition now Ravi is considering its business tactics, Suzuki already have some pretty good bikes but they will have to consider their price tag and Honda will have to consider some replacement for Deluxe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfaizandawood View Post
    YBR is totally chinese, made by Jianshe, dealers are lying about this, the build quality is same as Piaggio, i have also seen the bike in person for like half an hour, the build quality is very good and yes u r right at some places one can see some quality issues but no big deal. About sound Piaggio have gone louder with its 2014 model, exhaust is a bit bass-y now, on the other hand YBR sound is whisper-ish. Seat and riding posture is something this bike is best at, i was really surprised how comfortable this bike is. Looks and feature wise piaggio still stands on top but still its good to have something like YBR in our market and right before the day YBR is launched, RAVI has filled its shops with new stock of bikes and spare parts too, right now AL HAQ autos have 20 bikes in their showroom , this is what we want in our market some competition now Ravi is considering its business tactics, Suzuki already have some pretty good bikes but they will have to consider their price tag and Honda will have to consider some replacement for Deluxe.
    Good Faizan! does Alhaq autos have piaggio bikes?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tahirahmad13 View Post
    Good Faizan! does Alhaq autos have piaggio bikes?
    20 of them in every color, all kinds of spare parts were are also made available a few days ago, Ravi is now feeling some threat before YBR they knew that they have the best bike so they were taking everything easy. AB AYE GA MAZA

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

User Tag List