Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2142
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: My new bike YBR125, yes, Yamaha.

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rajahasnain92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gujjar khan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My new bike YBR125, yes, Yamaha.

    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1430227062.481942.jpg
Views: 42292
Size:  123.6 KB Alhamdulillah i think i am the first buyer in my Gulyana gujar khan and pakwheels too


    Automatic is for kids Real men drive manual

    Some people need to open their small minds instead of their big mouths...

  2. #1701
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanali1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I drove 1984 Honda 125 for 5 years. Than 1997 Honda 125 for another 5 years, than Another Honda 125(2005) for 5 years but now am riding YBR 125 and done 650KM till now. I have about 18 year experience and I can tell that the reason for your bike not going above 90KM/H or 100KM/H is::::: Bad break-in period and you haven't followed the myths(And I can bet you guyz break some very important rules )....:::secondly your mechanic is A-Hole...just tell him to adjust the tappet and don't care about the fuel average when adjusting the tappets....you can easily reach 110KM on this thing and that's should be more that enough for 125cc bike....happy riding!

  3. #1702
    PakWheeler Follow
    surty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usmanali1982 View Post
    I drove 1984 Honda 125 for 5 years. Than 1997 Honda 125 for another 5 years, than Another Honda 125(2005) for 5 years but now am riding YBR 125 and done 650KM till now. I have about 18 year experience and I can tell that the reason for your bike not going above 90KM/H or 100KM/H is::::: Bad break-in period and you haven't followed the myths(And I can bet you guyz break some very important rules )....:::secondly your mechanic is A-Hole...just tell him to adjust the tappet and don't care about the fuel average when adjusting the tappets....you can easily reach 110KM on this thing and that's should be more that enough for 125cc bike....happy riding!
    Usman bhai, whats the relation of break in period with top speed? Pls elaborate as i am unable to understand this logic.

  4. #1703
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanali1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother for 125CC and above just don't look at Speed-Meter....Just look at RPM meter and depends on weather(Hot Or Cold) adjust your RPM accordingly. Like these days its dam hot outside and its worst period to complete any break-in period...even extreme cold is bad....But if it is necessary to drive your bike during a hot day just keep it under 4.2 RPM(For first 400KMS) and don't drive your bike for more than 20mins and take your bike to RPM4.5 and immediately lower RPM till 3.5 and keep varying your RMP....But always (for Pakistan whether) drive your bike at night...At night if the temperature is good you can take your RPM till 5.2 and back to 4(Only after 500KM of running) and never ever use hard acceleration....(Don't use highways & Don't follow YBR Manual they just translate international edition into Urdu.. but Pakistan extreme weather is different and always change first Oil at 400KMS...... After break-in period I still recommend to drive bike at night for another 500KMS(About 7.5RPM) and after 1500KMS use long Slope Roads at night to take your RPM to 8.5 to 9 and you should reach 110KM easily if tapped setting is good(Do about 200KM this way and use slopes)....keep in mind that ONLY Tappet and Carb. settings is responsible for good speed and pick so guide your mechanic about your requirements and they are the one who should be following you as you are paying them!............. LASTLY YOU NEED TO FEEL YOUR MOTOR AND ACT ACCORDINGLY...!

  5. #1704
    PakWheeler Follow
    usmanali1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    New rings are far from perfect and they must be worn in quite a bit in order to completely seal all the way around the bore. If the gas pressure is strong enough during the engine's first miles of operation then the entire ring will wear into the cylinder surface, to seal the combustion pressure as good as possible…BUT if it fails than you might lose some pressure and eventually power….! Means less speed….

  6. #1705
    PakWheeler Follow
    rajaumer96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post
    What were you expecting...??? That it should compete with a GTO-125? Let me tell you brother a stock CG-125 can never reach speeds up to 110km/h no matter what (Even if the bike is ridden solo and the rider weighs 20 kgs). This is very very impressive performance by YBR. Don't compare this to a 2-stroke monster.....
    bro my cg did 115 who said stock cg cant reach 110 my cg is stock no mods at all

  7. #1706
    PakWheeler Follow
    ryan_dcruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @dongiovanni

    I never expected it to match pace with my GTO 125. But I would expect it to be faster than atleast the 40yr old CG-125 engine.

    Although i hate to admit it....I Guess the 40yr old Honda CG-125 engine still sets the benchmark. Fail by Yamaha. Disappointing entry into the Pakistani market !

  8. #1707
    PakWheeler Follow
    adimash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I don't Understand why People disappointed with Yamaha... I totally agree with Usman Bhai Statement that every engine need to be set as per our requirement... I still remember my Colleage and me purchase new Bike at ones... We both complete running together at one speed and distance.. But my Bike 70cc touches 100km easily and his bike never touch even 80.. Reason i adjust the fuel mixture of carburetor according to my way my style... Yamaha is new Machine we need some time to understand beauty Requirements... Even CG Fan can understand what his Bike is currently demanding by judging it from its Sound....

  9. #1708
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_dcruz View Post
    @dongiovanni

    I never expected it to match pace with my GTO 125. But I would expect it to be faster than atleast the 40yr old CG-125 engine.

    Although i hate to admit it....I Guess the 40yr old Honda CG-125 engine still sets the benchmark. Fail by Yamaha. Disappointing entry into the Pakistani market !
    why race is dependent only on Engine Type ?? CG 125 zero road grip @ 80 KM/H it will start trebling like it just going to fly .. people should set their mind clear if they are thinking that this will beat CG 125 No sir it wont , if you want to compete it please compare it with deluxe which has almost same set of features available and pricing ..
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  10. #1709
    PakWheeler Follow
    aa78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    697
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    what else do you expect from a 125 cc sir ji? even suzuki inazuma 250 cc has a top speed of 150 km/hr that also when it gets a long patch.
    Inazuma is a commuter bike optimized for low to midrange torque, not top speed. It's not CBR, Ninja or other super sport 250cc equivalent which is optimized for top speed.

    Good YBR looks and high price may or may not equate to CG-beating top speed or acceleration. This ordinary bike, while a distinctly new flavor in local market, is over-hyped due to lack of true competition and excessive price.

  11. #1710
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Inazuma is a commuter bike optimized for low to midrange torque, not top speed. It's not CBR, Ninja or other super sport 250cc equivalent which is optimized for top speed.

    Good YBR looks and high price may or may not equate to CG-beating top speed or acceleration. This ordinary bike, while a distinctly new flavor in local market, is over-hyped due to lack of true competition and excessive price.
    What a logic : YBR VG CG 125 (Which i always say does not make balance competition at all since it has no sporty look , less bike weight compared to YBR , no self start no detailed meter no disc break no road grip at all on 80 plus speed you will start flying with hell of vibrations and sound.)

    now comes the Torque and acceleration , CG is better without any 2nd thought though for torque we need to still check but for acceleration no one can beat CG but only Race is the point here to judge bikes if yes than Man in Pakistan CG 125 and honda will live for ever
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  12. #1711
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I heard the sound of YBR up close and its definitely sweet. Not sure why someone would suggest that its quieter than a CD70 because its definitely not. The 125cc engine definitely shows its grunt when its revved a little. Though yes, I will have to admit that its a bit too quiet for my taste.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  13. #1712
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Good YBR looks and high price may or may not equate to CG-beating top speed or acceleration. This ordinary bike, while a distinctly new flavor in local market, is over-hyped due to lack of true competition and excessive price.
    I can agree to the 'over-hyped' part, but what exactly do you mean when you say, 'lack of true competition'? If a Deluxe without a feature set offered by Piaggio and/or YBR can be sold for more than 120k, I am pretty sure YBR can be sold for higher than 130k.

    Yamaha is obviously targeting 'wealthy' individuals, with a mind set that 'if its pricey, it must be good'; so its a given that these individuals might not care about the excessive cost. (Personally, I am baffled by the cost of spare parts - They have to localize the parts quickly or its going to backfire badly)
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  14. #1713
    PakWheeler Follow
    dongiovanni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @rajaumer96 @ryan_dcruz

    CG weighs 95 Kgs. and YBR 115 Kgs. 20 Kgs makes a lot of difference. And going beyond 100km/h on a CG is potentially dangerous because it has no road grip at all. CG is just an old age bike surrounded by myths, people here have claimed that they have beaten CG in acceleration on their GD's. So what do you have to say about that.....

    I am pretty sure that if you put YBR engine on a CG body, it will go beyond 120km/h quiet easliy. Wait for the YBR-Z (the basic model) and then the engine will show it's true performance.

  15. #1714
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rajahasnain92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gujjar khan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adimash View Post
    I don't Understand why People disappointed with Yamaha... I totally agree with Usman Bhai Statement that every engine need to be set as per our requirement... I still remember my Colleage and me purchase new Bike at ones... We both complete running together at one speed and distance.. But my Bike 70cc touches 100km easily and his bike never touch even 80.. Reason i adjust the fuel mixture of carburetor according to my way my style... Yamaha is new Machine we need some time to understand beauty Requirements... Even CG Fan can understand what his Bike is currently demanding by judging it from its Sound....
    brother ybr meri phli bike ni hy isse phly b 4 deluxe and 3 cg classic in sb bikes ki running b mene aysy e ki ti..in ki too speed r acceleration me koi msla ni aya to ybr me konsa rocket science wala engine dal dia yamaha ny?? r cd 70 easily 100 touch kr gya to meter faulty oga brother


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Some people need to open their small minds instead of their big mouths...

  16. #1715
    PakWheeler Follow
    mfaizandawood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have been saying that before the launch of this bike that this bike is't designed for acceleration at all it is designed to give you a comfortable drive at 100km/h that's it performance wise this bike have nothing else to offer.
    Now about weight sure this bike weights more and also it has to spin its heavy alloys so these things are the reason y u feel like this bike is hardly dragging itself.
    Now about engine
    CG = 11.15 hp @ 8500 rpm + YBR125 = 10.2 hp @ 7800 rpm + RP125 = 11.3 hp @ 8500 rpm { Piaggio have the highest power, YBR have least HP at lowest RPM }
    Torque
    CG = 9.8 Nm @ 7000 rpm + YBR125 = 9.6 Nm @ 6000 rpm + RP125 = 9.8 Nm @ 8000 rpm { That's y CG is good for signal to signal drag race but as RP125 due to weight can't outrun CG but as it gets its peak at high rpm so better for long distance drag race and YBR have least and also at low rpm }
    Even if u put this engine in CG still this engine cannot outrun CG neither in acceleration nor in top speed.
    this does't mean YBR is a slow bike its just it is not according to the expectations of people, YAMAHA was known for its robust and fast bikes and YBR does't do any of these that's y this bike will disappoint everyone. And also you people will soon realize this bike does't deserve this price tag.

  17. #1716
    PakWheeler Follow
    adimash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajahasnain92 View Post
    brother ybr meri phli bike ni hy isse phly b 4 deluxe and 3 cg classic in sb bikes ki running b mene aysy e ki ti..in ki too speed r acceleration me koi msla ni aya to ybr me konsa rocket science wala engine dal dia yamaha ny?? r cd 70 easily 100 touch kr gya to meter faulty oga brother


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Brother nothing Personal... But i told you just fact n figures... And You know me well....

  18. #1717
    PakWheeler Follow
    ryan_dcruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So from all the comments I think we can all agree, speed is not YBR125's forte.
    I think everyone will agree that CG will beat it easily.....

    In that case I don't think this will out beat the CG and in the long run will not be successful.

    I'd hate to be riding my YBR & have a CG guy laugh at me coz my more 'sporty' looking YBR is just all looks n no power. In the end, the CG will have the last laugh....AGAIN!
    Another sad attempt to dethrone the CG 125!!!!!

  19. #1718
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    7,885
    Follows
    3
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I assume you have been dis heart after the crash .In routine ,how many times you drive 100+ in your city ? I have switched from a 2003 Pakhero ph125-4 which was imported by Pakhero from china and I bought in 2003 ,since then I do not have found the caliber of comfort ph125-4 has offered me and I have clocked the bike 120 couple of times and that too on a long run .
    Though YBR misses some of the additional features like engine oil cooler in front top of engine and an engine kill switch yet YBR looked me promising so I opted for it.I am happy, the least features a good daily commuter bike should have are all present in YBR.
    I was offered 1k km on clock under running Honda 125 delux which I did not go for while buying this bike .
    On a separate note, cars are better to run beyond 100 on our roads not the bikes and at the same time I do not agree with those who think it a slow bike, will update if I would get a chance for a longer run after the break-in .

    old and new ,side by side ,are attached hereunder ;
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

  20. #1719
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rajahasnain92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gujjar khan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default My new bike YBR125, yes, Yamaha.

    Quote Originally Posted by adimash View Post
    Brother nothing Personal... But i told you just fact n figures... And You know me well....
    I'm very sorry bro if i hurt u in any manner but really doesn't matter how did u treat ur ybr in break in period with 2 person it hardly touches 100


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Some people need to open their small minds instead of their big mouths...

  21. #1720
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rajahasnain92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gujjar khan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfaizandawood View Post
    I have been saying that before the launch of this bike that this bike is't designed for acceleration at all it is designed to give you a comfortable drive at 100km/h that's it performance wise this bike have nothing else to offer.
    Now about weight sure this bike weights more and also it has to spin its heavy alloys so these things are the reason y u feel like this bike is hardly dragging itself.
    Now about engine
    CG = 11.15 hp @ 8500 rpm + YBR125 = 10.2 hp @ 7800 rpm + RP125 = 11.3 hp @ 8500 rpm { Piaggio have the highest power, YBR have least HP at lowest RPM }
    Torque
    CG = 9.8 Nm @ 7000 rpm + YBR125 = 9.6 Nm @ 6000 rpm + RP125 = 9.8 Nm @ 8000 rpm { That's y CG is good for signal to signal drag race but as RP125 due to weight can't outrun CG but as it gets its peak at high rpm so better for long distance drag race and YBR have least and also at low rpm }
    Even if u put this engine in CG still this engine cannot outrun CG neither in acceleration nor in top speed.
    this does't mean YBR is a slow bike its just it is not according to the expectations of people, YAMAHA was known for its robust and fast bikes and YBR does't do any of these that's y this bike will disappoint everyone. And also you people will soon realize this bike does't deserve this price tag.
    +1


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Some people need to open their small minds instead of their big mouths...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •