Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Islamabad's First Yamaha YBR 125, I think so :)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Islamabad's First Yamaha YBR 125, I think so :)

Dear All,

just bought the Yamaha YBR 125 today. 2 Pics are Attached.

Request to Senior Members, it my first 5 gear bike and First new bike also. please help me regarding running procedure and to take care of my machine.

i drove almost 9km to my home. The most confusing thing was gear shifting for me before i bought this, but on the way to home i didnt get it wrong at all, it was very easy to pick gear shift pattern. i made a video to with you but its not uploading. but i hope some one else will share it

Thanks All
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yusha78 View Post
    It is daylight robbery. It should not sell for more than PKR 40000. Its the bloody Chinese killing the Two Wheeler market in Pakistan even before it stands on its feet. What you guys need is good collaborations with the Japanese. Chinese have no concept of quality and passion. As a biker I feel for you guys. Pakistan has so many potential customer for modern bikes. Waiting to be tapped.
    You should see the other crap we're buying. Search for honda cd70, which until recently was selling for 70000 here, and people would happily buy that heap of trash. Its just lack of competition. Yamaha looks like something diffefent but theyre offering an introductory product at 130k.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amzee1 View Post
    Dear All,

just bought the Yamaha YBR 125 today. 2 Pics are Attached.

Request to Senior Members, it my first 5 gear bike and First new bike also. please help me regarding running procedure and to take care of my machine.

i drove almost 9km to my home. The most confusing thing was gear shifting for me before i bought this, but on the way to home i didnt get it wrong at all, it was very easy to pick gear shift pattern. i made a video to with you but its not uploading. but i hope some one else will share it

Thanks All
    Congratulations!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Islamabads First Yamaha YBR 125 I think so  -1571286

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Islamabads First Yamaha YBR 125 I think so  -1571287

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Islamabads First Yamaha YBR 125 I think so  -1571288

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Islamabads First Yamaha YBR 125 I think so  -1571289

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Islamabads First Yamaha YBR 125 I think so  -1571290

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Market size does impact sales and prices but not to this extent. How big is the motorcycle market in Pakistan? For example in August 2014, 4,06,700 motorcycles between 125 cc to 150 cc were sold with an average price of, probably, 55,000 INR.

The pricing of Honda CG suggests that its driven by imported parts used in the bike. Which is likely to be untrue. Please correct me if wrong. This must be a 100% indigenous product.

I still cannot work my head around this pricing.

Royal Enfield which sells only about 25000 bikes per month in India, sells its 350 Classic model for 2,00,000 PKR!! This model comes with a 350cc engine which puts out 19 BHP and has Disc Brakes in front and electric start. The cheapest Enfield is for 1,67,000 PKR.

So I don't think volume is the only reason for high prices. Majra kuch aur hain.

This Honda would probably sell in India for not more than 50,000 PKR.

This is interesting. I will do more research on this with the help of one of my cousins in Karachi.
    The pricing of anything in Pakistan depends on the costs of the utilities that company pays I.e electricity, natural gas etc. if u look closely the rates of electricity for commercial consumers are almost double as compared to the domestic users and keeping the fact of minimum wages set by the govt of such producing units also comes into place. If u calculate each and everything the cost of production is higher as compare d to the countries like China where free manufacturing zones are available. In our country the end user I.e the buyer has to suffer and pay for each and everything, still the price of YBR is unjustified it should be not more thn 90-100k
    Life Is a Waste Of Time, Time Is a Waste Of Life, So Get Wasted All The Time, And Have The Time Of Your Life..!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is daylight robbery. It should not sell for more than PKR 40000. Its the bloody Chinese killing the Two Wheeler market in Pakistan even before it stands on its feet. What you guys need is good collaborations with the Japanese. Chinese have no concept of quality and passion. As a biker I feel for you guys. Pakistan has so many potential customer for modern bikes. Waiting to be tapped.
    bro its the other way around.

we are saved by Chinese from thes so called japenses bikes..
    had there no cHonda (Chniese copy of honda) we would have been paying more then 150,000 for simple cd 70. yes i quoted correct figure.. its chinese that have restricted honda to this price.. most chinese bikes sold here are 80-90 % of honda quality.

you are right on ahl robbing us in broad day light by selling that sh76ty bike for 124k .. in reality its price shouldnt be more then 70-75k.. but we are out of luck here....

we hope some chinese manafacturers come here and introduce some 125 cc bikes with same quality as of 70cc to stabilize prices of 125-150cc bikes..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahdshafiq View Post
    The pricing of anything in Pakistan depends on the costs of the utilities that company pays I.e electricity, natural gas etc. if u look closely the rates of electricity for commercial consumers are almost double as compared to the domestic users and keeping the fact of minimum wages set by the govt of such producing units also comes into place. If u calculate each and everything the cost of production is higher as compare d to the countries like China where free manufacturing zones are available. In our country the end user I.e the buyer has to suffer and pay for each and everything, still the price of YBR is unjustified it should be not more thn 90-100k
    i am shocked at the price of ybr even more shocked that its carbed.. 90k is the high point for this .. they are trying to rob us right from the first day .. and rob us even more then honda.

let the initial ybr fever settle down.. people will realize that they are swindled.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahdshafiq View Post
    The same is true for India as well. In India also the cost of electricity for commercial consumers is much higher compared to domestic users. It is true that the cost of production in China is much lower compared to India or Pakistan but that should not translate into absurd costs for motor cycles or any other products.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    bro its the other way around.

we are saved by Chinese from thes so called japenses bikes..
    had there no cHonda (Chniese copy of honda) we would have been paying more then 150,000 for simple cd 70. yes i quoted correct figure.. its chinese that have restricted honda to this price.. most chinese bikes sold here are 80-90 % of honda quality.
    you are right on ahl robbing us in broad day light by selling that sh76ty bike for 124k .. in reality its price shouldnt be more then 70-75k.. but we are out of luck here....
    we hope some chinese manafacturers come here and introduce some 125 cc bikes with same quality as of 70cc to stabilize prices of 125-150cc bikes..
    I don't understand. Honda mentions Honda Atlas as an Affiliate and not a Subsidiary which means the relationship between the Atlas Group and Honda Japan is is limited to supply of spares and technology and no R&D. Honda Japan has no direct stake in Atlas which means Honda is not bothered about the bike market as it about the car market where Honda Pakistan is a subsidiary.

Atlas is selling the 70cc and 100cc crap at these prices simply because there is no competition and the rest of the bike manufacturers have no motivation to upgrade their manufacturing processes and products.

I guess its all down to how the bikes are manufactured and incessant greed of the bike manufacturers.

In India you can buy this for 8 Lakhs - Street Triple - The Spirit of Triumph | Triumph Motorcycles
    In Pakistan Atlas Honda is selling is this for 12.5 lakhs - CBR500 | Atlas Honda

The volume for both the bikes in their respective countries is probably the same. Triumph probably sells 100 bikes a month in India and they are importing most of it in CKD or SKD form.

And one very important aspect. The cost of manufacturing a bike or car constantly goes down as volume increases and it stabilises after a time. The manufacturers increase the costs to meet the tax requirements and due to inflation. Most of the times they pass of some of the benefits to the consumers when the price falls.

If Honda CD 70 is the largest selling bike then the price should only be impacted by taxation. Atlas is not passing on any benefits to the consumer by reducing costs and investing in newer models and technology.

Another reason is probably the Dollar exchange rates.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't understand. Honda mentions Honda Atlas as an Affiliate and not a Subsidiary which means the relationship between the Atlas Group and Honda Japan is is limited to supply of spares and technology and no R&D. Honda Japan has no direct stake in Atlas which means Honda is not bothered about the bike market as it about the car market where Honda Pakistan is a subsidiary.

Atlas is selling the 70cc and 100cc crap at these prices simply because there is no competition and the rest of the bike manufacturers have no motivation to upgrade their manufacturing processes and products.

I guess its all down to how the bikes are manufactured and incessant greed of the bike manufacturers.

In India you can buy this for 8 Lakhs - Street Triple - The Spirit of Triumph | Triumph Motorcycles
    In Pakistan Atlas Honda is selling is this for 12.5 lakhs - CBR500 | Atlas Honda

The volume for both the bikes in their respective countries is probably the same. Triumph probably sells 100 bikes a month in India and they are importing most of it in CKD or SKD form.

And one very important aspect. The cost of manufacturing a bike or car constantly goes down as volume increases and it stabilises after a time. The manufacturers increase the costs to meet the tax requirements and due to inflation. Most of the times they pass of some of the benefits to the consumers when the price falls.

If Honda CD 70 is the largest selling bike then the price should only be impacted by taxation. Atlas is not passing on any benefits to the consumer by reducing costs and investing in newer models and technology.

Another reason is probably the Dollar exchange rates.
    i am a bit novice in legal lingo (affiliat vs subsidiary)..
    but it is the 2wheels manafacturer for honda in pakistan. and it has 95 % localization..
    mostly same manafucturers are supplying same parts to other cHondas (copy of honda).. and cHonda are at most 40-44k .. honda cd 70 is 67k..pkr.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    i am a bit novice in legal lingo (affiliat vs subsidiary)..
    but it is the 2wheels manafacturer for honda in pakistan. and it has 95 % localization..
    mostly same manafucturers are supplying same parts to other cHondas (copy of honda).. and cHonda are at most 40-44k .. honda cd 70 is 67k..pkr.
    It means that Honda is fooling everyone. They are just charging more money for the brand.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice to see Honda employees doing everything they can to kill ybr. They are definitely scared of ybr

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow bohat zabardast bike hai , esay dheaan se chalana.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kuch logo key ybr per comments dekh kar aur chonda ki tareefen sun kar aik kahawat zahen men aagyi "Angoor Khattey han".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    kuch logo key ybr per comments dekh kar aur chonda ki tareefen sun kar aik kahawat zahen men aagyi "Angoor Khattey han".
    true
    Some people need to open their small minds instead of their big mouths...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The YBR is definitely a good bike. Million times better than that Honda crap. No comparision at all. The fact that it is not EFI should not matter. Just enjoy it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am amazed to see that everyone here is an expert on the production cost. "The bike should not cost more than 100K". Please tell me how did you came to that conclusion. The fact is that we are still incapable of producing entire bike in Pakistan, not even Chondas. We still out source lots of components from other countries. In India the bikes are cheap because they are producing almost all of the components in their country. The volume of bikes sold there is a very small factor. India is one of the largest steel producer in the world, bearing manufacturing, electronics etc.. Heck they have created a car for just Rs. 150,000/- and in Pakistan we are not. So unless we have the technology and finances to manufacture critical components in our country, we have no chance of getting cheap wheels.

One more thing, Yamaha are giving alloy wheels, SOHC engine & beautiful cosmetics for an addition of Rs. 5,500/- over CG delux and people saying that they are swindling us, there will be a base model and it will cost much less. AHL selling old relics in ridiculous prices for half a century and no one ever complains.

The final verdict is that we will probably never get bikes or cars as cheap as it is in other Countries. To Bhai jo hai us per Allah ka Shukar ada karo aur mazay karo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

User Tag List