Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Free Test Ride Of Yamaha YBR-125.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Free Test Ride Of Yamaha YBR-125.

Free test ride of YBR-125 is being offered at Akbar Road by Yamaha Pakistan. Don't forget to take your original NIC.

Review: My current bike is CG-125 1993. Had bought a brand new CG-125 2014 but it got snatched within one week. One of the most saddest thing that ever happened to me. I was not expecting much from this new YBR. Went to the event at 11:30 AM today. The event was nice. Signed the agreement and handed over my NIC. They handed me the keys of the bike. I selected the grey one. Acceleration is pathetic trust me CG is way ahead in acceleration. This is all because of power to weight ratio. They have added so many things on a 125cc engine. Exhaust sound was pathetic as if bike is running on battery instead of petrol. The exhaust sound of CG gives you a true petrol head feeling and you would want to open the throttle more and more and rev it as if there is no tomorrow simply going crazy. I would say it's a wannabe sports bike. What is the point of all those sporty looks when you know at the end of the day a simple CG would smoke it. Anyways thanks for the gift and the free test ride Yamaha.

Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not everything is meant to smoke cg 125. There is also something called riding pleasure which this bike gives much more compare to the vibratory engine of cg.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    Not everything is meant to smoke cg 125. There is also something called riding pleasure which this bike gives much more compare to the vibratory engine of cg.
    People who need riding pleasure look for cruisers. I don't understand what has Yamaha made. They have made this bike look sporty and when you accelerate and rev it it's seems like a electric bike which is low on battery.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zainzd View Post
    My current bike is CG-125 1993. Had bought a brand new CG-125 2014 but it got snatched within one week.
    What is the point of all those sporty looks when you know at the end of the day a simple CG would smoke it.
    Zainiqbal Spotted @zainiqbal1990

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the point of all those sporty looks when you know at the end of the day a simple CG would smoke it.
    I say Yamaha would smoke CG 125 on a race track due to better handling, grip and braking. Which is the point of "sports" bike. Now what?

If you just want to make useless noise while going at ~110-130KM/h in a straight line, which you think is "fast", yeah, get an alter CG 125 with cut silencers, annoying everyone on the road just like those "chooraa"s everywhere.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

People who need riding pleasure look for cruisers. I don't understand what has Yamaha made. They have made this bike look sporty and when you accelerate and rev it it's seems like a electric bike which is low on battery.
    you mean to say ordinary commuter must bear noise, vibrations and pathetic seat and harsh suspension because he didn't spend a few lacs on a cruiser?

a commuter bike is supposed to be silent and obviously a modern design would have modern sporty looks, even cg has sporty design cues from 80s a time when people were blessed with cd200 road master, honda 110, kawasaki and yamaha rx and cg125 was the wannabe kid.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agreed to some of points mentioned but when you had a test ride after that there i see is only bashing Yamaha discussing Cons only and missed all the pros
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess that is why yamaha themselves officially not offering test drive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Look around you. How many people do you think can afford a cruiser in Pakistan? Lets appreciate the change no matter how small it is considering we have a bike that has not changed since the 80s and some people still adoring it like its a tech from Mars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Look around you. How many people do you think can afford a cruiser in Pakistan? Lets appreciate the change no matter how small it is considering we have a bike that has not changed since the 80s and some people still adoring it like its a tech from Mars.
    @ice Cold well said. I myself many times commented that people who have issues with ybr pick please guys stick to honda cg 125 without blaming ybr (on other hand no body will stop you of having cg 125 you can enjoy your old ride if you feel cg is more better) So why blaming ybr again and again . Yar wese loog is bike ko hadh se ziada underestimate krnay lgay han. Believe mei I saw guys on roads they accelerate it very well on road It's initial pick is not as bad as people are saying. Toba kuch loog tow iske pick ko 70cc se compare ker rhay han that's not good at all ybr is quite decent in pick. Aur jinko ybr ke sound se issue hai guys change your stock silencer with after market silencer for heavy sound.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umerchaudhary View Post
    Believe mei I saw guys on roads they accelerate it very well on road It's initial pick is not as bad as people are saying. Toba kuch loog tow iske pick ko 70cc se compare ker rhay han
    haha that is funny 70cc would never be able to beat 125cc yamaha
    those saying are some jealous people who can't afford or dare
    to purchase some thing different

even before launch of ybr it was expected cg would beat ybr in acceleration
    as cg has also 125cc engine with same power but because of its light weight
    it will remain ahead from ybr in acceleration but i can say for sure though i
    personally have not seen race of both bike but i can say difference in acceleration
    would not be too much those are just funny & jealous statements it has slower
    acceleration than 70cc

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AamirMughal View Post
    I say Yamaha would smoke CG 125 on a race track due to better handling, grip and braking. Which is the point of "sports" bike. Now what?

If you just want to make useless noise while going at ~110-130KM/h in a straight line, which you think is "fast", yeah, get an alter CG 125 with cut silencers, annoying everyone on the road just like those "chooraa"s everywhere.
    I have taken a test drive of this new YBR. And i can tell you race track or no race track it would never smoke a CG. Ride height of YBR is way more than a CG. More ride height means bad handling. CG is the lowest bike among all Pakistani bikes. Useless noise? 95% of Pakistani bikers love CG's sound. GS-150, RP, GD-110 and YBR owners are desperate to get a nice exhaust sound of of their bikes and they end up installing ridiculous car exhausts. Even i hate alter bikes. That is something totally different.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    you mean to say ordinary commuter must bear noise, vibrations and pathetic seat and harsh suspension because he didn't spend a few lacs on a cruiser?

a commuter bike is supposed to be silent and obviously a modern design would have modern sporty looks, even cg has sporty design cues from 80s a time when people were blessed with cd200 road master, honda 110, kawasaki and yamaha rx and cg125 was the wannabe kid.
    95% of ordinary commuters select 70cc Hondas and Chondas. Try to sell them this new YBR and they would simply laugh in return. 95% of Pakistani bikes love the sound of CG. GS, RP, GD and YBR are the worst sounding bikes. Their owners end up installing pathetic car exhausts and then their bikes sound as if the bikes's farting. It's a beast in 125cc so little vibrations don't harm. I would prefer vibrations any day instead of a silent bike running on phone batteries. The vibrations give you adrenaline rush. Seat is practical unlike the pathetic seats which are being offer in GS, RP, GD and YBR. Flat seats are practical in Pakistan for family and luggage. Suspension is hard not harsh and it is hard so the bike corners better and handles better. You car overload a CG and suspension won't mind. You are not living in US! Here in Pakistan the main things commuters prefer is better resale, easily available cheap spare parts and least maintenance cost. 70cc is the perfect ride for them. Commuters would laugh at you if you tried to introduce YBR for their daily use. CG a wannabe kid? LOL mark my words this kid would remain the best selling bike after CD-70 till we are alive.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DJNOMI View Post
    agreed to some of points mentioned but when you had a test ride after that there i see is only bashing Yamaha discussing Cons only and missed all the pros
    Now why would i bash Yamaha? My dream bike is a Yamaha R6 not a CBR. But what Yamaha has launched in Pakistan trust me they are here for few more days only. AHL survived in Pakistan. Yamaha can never survive because they don't really know what the majority of Pakistani people want. Less than 1% of Pakistani bikes exist on Pakwheels. AHL makes decision based on what majority of the bikes require. They would never focus on the 1% wannabe bikes we see here on forums.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    i guess that is why yamaha themselves officially not offering test drive
    The event was organized by Yamaha Pakistan. No other dealer would make such arrangements and would never allow test rides of brand new bikes.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For Pakistanis CD-70 is the ultimate cruiser. Hardly any noise and vibration. People still adore it because it's a classic thing. Rough and tough bike. Wannabe bikers will never get that feeling a CG offer trust me. All they want is show sha. YBR na classy na sporty as if it's a mix breed.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umerchaudhary View Post
    @ice Cold well said. I myself many times commented that people who have issues with ybr pick please guys stick to honda cg 125 without blaming ybr (on other hand no body will stop you of having cg 125 you can enjoy your old ride if you feel cg is more better) So why blaming ybr again and again . Yar wese loog is bike ko hadh se ziada underestimate krnay lgay han. Believe mei I saw guys on roads they accelerate it very well on road It's initial pick is not as bad as people are saying. Toba kuch loog tow iske pick ko 70cc se compare ker rhay han that's not good at all ybr is quite decent in pick. Aur jinko ybr ke sound se issue hai guys change your stock silencer with after market silencer for heavy sound.
    Power to weight ratio kills this bike. Brand new bike laikai gari ka loog exhaust laga daitai i feel so sorry for them.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets not go crazy i just shared my opinion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And hence prove as per zain.. Yamaha should packup now either they should sale R6 since zain love that or they should quit now... Bro everthing is not built for masses youbarebtalking about cd 79 which yamaha has no plan to introduce yamaha is selling well not like honda for sure but i am quite sure their plan is working well utna banao jitna bik raha hai also they have to export to international market as well so they dont have any worries but i can tell u honda is quite worried since launch of yamaha and people inside honda praises yamaha for sure.. Yamaha is good can do 110_115. In city this is i think more than enough rest kisi ko awaz pasand nai har bandye ki apni choice hai yamaha ki 150cc ki b koi sound nai hai so as per your analysis yamaha going to be fail i have doubts for me if yamaha will be failed the only reason will be after sale services and also expanisve parts is the issue and this issue will be resolved soon .. So let yamaha grow and many of ybrian on pakwheels are happy and they dont regret.. At the end everyone has his own preferences and we respect ur too..
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For Pakistanis CD-70 is the ultimate cruiser. Hardly any noise and vibration. People still adore it because it's a classic thing. Rough and tough bike. Wannabe bikers will never get that feeling a CG offer trust me. All they want is show sha. YBR na classy na sporty as if it's a mix breed.
    Bhai jaan cd70 main vibration nahi hoti? I own a 2014 model CD 70 and it vibrates like he'll specially it's handle.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List