Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Free Test Ride Of Yamaha YBR-125.

  1. #1
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Free Test Ride Of Yamaha YBR-125.

    Free test ride of YBR-125 is being offered at Akbar Road by Yamaha Pakistan. Don't forget to take your original NIC.

    Review: My current bike is CG-125 1993. Had bought a brand new CG-125 2014 but it got snatched within one week. One of the most saddest thing that ever happened to me. I was not expecting much from this new YBR. Went to the event at 11:30 AM today. The event was nice. Signed the agreement and handed over my NIC. They handed me the keys of the bike. I selected the grey one. Acceleration is pathetic trust me CG is way ahead in acceleration. This is all because of power to weight ratio. They have added so many things on a 125cc engine. Exhaust sound was pathetic as if bike is running on battery instead of petrol. The exhaust sound of CG gives you a true petrol head feeling and you would want to open the throttle more and more and rev it as if there is no tomorrow simply going crazy. I would say it's a wannabe sports bike. What is the point of all those sporty looks when you know at the end of the day a simple CG would smoke it. Anyways thanks for the gift and the free test ride Yamaha.

    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    JUNOON007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,074
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Xarack is back

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usman_arooq2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    1,437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zainzd View Post
    95% of ordinary commuters select 70cc Hondas and Chondas. Try to sell them this new YBR and they would simply laugh in return. 95% of Pakistani bikes love the sound of CG. GS, RP, GD and YBR are the worst sounding bikes. Their owners end up installing pathetic car exhausts and then their bikes sound as if the bikes's farting. It's a beast in 125cc so little vibrations don't harm. I would prefer vibrations any day instead of a silent bike running on phone batteries. The vibrations give you adrenaline rush. Seat is practical unlike the pathetic seats which are being offer in GS, RP, GD and YBR. Flat seats are practical in Pakistan for family and luggage. Suspension is hard not harsh and it is hard so the bike corners better and handles better. You car overload a CG and suspension won't mind. You are not living in US! Here in Pakistan the main things commuters prefer is better resale, easily available cheap spare parts and least maintenance cost. 70cc is the perfect ride for them. Commuters would laugh at you if you tried to introduce YBR for their daily use. CG a wannabe kid? LOL mark my words this kid would remain the best selling bike after CD-70 till we are alive.
    Please stop trying to enforce your personal choice on everyone 'tis a public forum, we are just expressing our opinions, not trying to start an argument.

    If you are gonna categorize people, then there is a class of people who considers cg125 a "beast", who aren't aware what the word 'commuter' means, get adrenaline rush from meager 11hp on the wheel and are busy preparing their bikes for chand raat and eid day wheelie's and races, I agree cg125 suits them.

    cg125 corners? better? it can't even brake without slipping with company provided tyres and yeah harder suspension does mean harsher ride quality. a mehran has harsh ride, vibrator and noisy compared to a jdm 660cc, even faster than some models but does it make a better car?

    more ride height means worse handling? are you serious? a cruiser, chopper style bike has better handling than a sports design? even your dream bike, r6 has its height raised several 10s of mm since it first came into market in late 90s and handles better than previous iterations, were yamaha engineers insane to increase ride height???
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mohsinwahhab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,133
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Bhai jan aap key baat karney key style sey lagta hai aap kisi ustad ki chain men chaltey ho aap cg hi chalao aap ko suite karti hai

  5. #24
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJNOMI View Post
    And hence prove as per zain.. Yamaha should packup now either they should sale R6 since zain love that or they should quit now... Bro everthing is not built for masses youbarebtalking about cd 79 which yamaha has no plan to introduce yamaha is selling well not like honda for sure but i am quite sure their plan is working well utna banao jitna bik raha hai also they have to export to international market as well so they dont have any worries but i can tell u honda is quite worried since launch of yamaha and people inside honda praises yamaha for sure.. Yamaha is good can do 110_115. In city this is i think more than enough rest kisi ko awaz pasand nai har bandye ki apni choice hai yamaha ki 150cc ki b koi sound nai hai so as per your analysis yamaha going to be fail i have doubts for me if yamaha will be failed the only reason will be after sale services and also expanisve parts is the issue and this issue will be resolved soon .. So let yamaha grow and many of ybrian on pakwheels are happy and they dont regret.. At the end everyone has his own preferences and we respect ur too..
    Yamaha is offering free test ride. I don't think they are doing well. As far as i know i never saw Honda or Suzuki offering free test ride. Suzuki offers their bikes on easy installments with insurance. Honda gives you no such benefit. Honda is still going strong. Punjab is filled with Honda bikes because they love it and snatching issue is not that common.

  6. #25
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    Bhai jaan cd70 main vibration nahi hoti? I own a 2014 model CD 70 and it vibrates like he'll specially it's handle.
    Get you bike checked. Make sure all nuts and bolts are tight.

  7. #26
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    Please stop trying to enforce your personal choice on everyone 'tis a public forum, we are just expressing our opinions, not trying to start an argument.

    If you are gonna categorize people, then there is a class of people who considers cg125 a "beast", who aren't aware what the word 'commuter' means, get adrenaline rush from meager 11hp on the wheel and are busy preparing their bikes for chand raat and eid day wheelie's and races, I agree cg125 suits them.

    cg125 corners? better? it can't even brake without slipping with company provided tyres and yeah harder suspension does mean harsher ride quality. a mehran has harsh ride, vibrator and noisy compared to a jdm 660cc, even faster than some models but does it make a better car?

    more ride height means worse handling? are you serious? a cruiser, chopper style bike has better handling than a sports design? even your dream bike, r6 has its height raised several 10s of mm since it first came into market in late 90s and handles better than previous iterations, were yamaha engineers insane to increase ride height???
    I am just sharing my opinion. Gun point pai kisi ko nai kaha kai buy Honda products only. 125 surely is a beast in Pakistan because we don't get much. There is a difference between mailas and owners who keep their bike stock. I have seen GS, RP, GD & YBR owners install car exhaust on their bikes and it looks and sounds ridiculous LOL. Yes CG offers the best road grip. Classic CG offers better road grip compared to CG Deluxe. Once you step on the brakes and if the wheels lock brakes have done their job and now everything depends on the tyre and the amount of weight the bike has been loaded with. Mehran offers leaf springs on rear which we get on donkey carts i mean what are you trying to compare here. First learn the difference between spring and leaf spring. We are taking bikes here. Mehran is the cheapest car available in Pakistan though it is insanely priced. CG is not the cheapest bike in Pakistan. CG is like Corolla XLI. Lacks features but is one tough machine. That is the reason law enforcement agencies prefer it. Yes it's a worldwide known fact. Lower ride height means better handling. I don't know about your theory i am just speaking generally.

  8. #27
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinwahhab View Post
    Bhai jan aap key baat karney key style sey lagta hai aap kisi ustad ki chain men chaltey ho aap cg hi chalao aap ko suite karti hai
    Honestly i think you should advice this to yourself while standing in the mirror. The way you are talking alter super star wali 70 will suit you. Alter style will suit you trust me.

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Well IMO, the best bike with quality built till date i saw was Yamaha Ybr 125. One of the most horrible motor cycle i have driven is Honda Cg 125 because of alot of vibration, Atas Honda has the best bike in their product line was Honda Cd 100. More stable than Cg 125. Atleast Yamaha has initiated something good i.e. product with an innovative design and according to the some rules and regulations.

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    yusha78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Age
    38
    Posts
    100
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zainzd View Post
    Ride height of YBR is way more than a CG. More ride height means bad handling. CG is the lowest bike among all Pakistani bikes.
    You are wrong mate. More ride height does not automatically mean a bad handling bike. There are a lot of factors which impact the handling characteristics. Stuff like suspension, chassis and tyres. Tyres alone make the YBR a better handling bike. And power to weight ratio matters only when the weight difference is much higher compared to power output. There is a difference of only 15 kgs between the YBR and the CG 125. I cannot find the power output but I am sure the Yamaha is more powerful.

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zainzd View Post
    Yamaha is offering free test ride. I don't think they are doing well. As far as i know i never saw Honda or Suzuki offering free test ride. Suzuki offers their bikes on easy installments with insurance. Honda gives you no such benefit. Honda is still going strong. Punjab is filled with Honda bikes because they love it and snatching issue is not that common.
    Mere khyal main ab main kia kahoo is liye koi faida nai honda ko 30 saal ho gye koi khofye khuda karoo khuch facts per bat karte hai khuch stats per bat kartye hai yamaha ko paida hoye 2 mahnyr nai hoye or compare ho raha hai number of honda on roads which is in pak for more than 30 years plz bhai .. App say bahs ka koi faida nai free test drive is market startgey compnies do this worldwide.. So u are commenting by availing this service so i suppose you should appriciate at least whatevery ur reasons are but by test drive u wont buy it maye be other people are looking to buy it test driver rather than u curse it after bying.. So bhai good luck with what u think and yamah as already started pinching and i will see very soon something coming up from honda to counter yamaha... In sep 2nd model by yamaha is coming and 3rd modle in 1st quarter 2016 thats enough to say they are here to target masses with their complete portfoli..
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliahmed8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    18
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Now, who would buy a 125cc bike to "smoke it"?. Just saying.

    Anyways, just checked the PakWheels blog and it looks like Yamaha is gonna bring some 150cc bad boys around April 2016.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    IceCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    610
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zainzd View Post
    Get you bike checked. Make sure all nuts and bolts are tight.
    Lol. Ok.

  14. #33
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Well IMO, the best bike with quality built till date i saw was Yamaha Ybr 125. One of the most horrible motor cycle i have driven is Honda Cg 125 because of alot of vibration, Atas Honda has the best bike in their product line was Honda Cd 100. More stable than Cg 125. Atleast Yamaha has initiated something good i.e. product with an innovative design and according to the some rules and regulations.
    You are free to share your opinion. Honda bikes offer best quality. With great power comes great vibration. CD 100 wasn't that successful because spare parts are not available everywhere and prices are a little higher. CD 100 feels stable because power to weight ratios is not good enough.

  15. #34
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yusha78 View Post
    You are wrong mate. More ride height does not automatically mean a bad handling bike. There are a lot of factors which impact the handling characteristics. Stuff like suspension, chassis and tyres. Tyres alone make the YBR a better handling bike. And power to weight ratio matters only when the weight difference is much higher compared to power output. There is a difference of only 15 kgs between the YBR and the CG 125. I cannot find the power output but I am sure the Yamaha is more powerful.
    Don't judge unless and until you have tried both the bikes. Test ride YBR 2015 and then test ride CG 2015. You will feel the difference in handling and acceleration. Don't let the looks of YBR fool you.

  16. #35
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJNOMI View Post
    Mere khyal main ab main kia kahoo is liye koi faida nai honda ko 30 saal ho gye koi khofye khuda karoo khuch facts per bat karte hai khuch stats per bat kartye hai yamaha ko paida hoye 2 mahnyr nai hoye or compare ho raha hai number of honda on roads which is in pak for more than 30 years plz bhai .. App say bahs ka koi faida nai free test drive is market startgey compnies do this worldwide.. So u are commenting by availing this service so i suppose you should appriciate at least whatevery ur reasons are but by test drive u wont buy it maye be other people are looking to buy it test driver rather than u curse it after bying.. So bhai good luck with what u think and yamah as already started pinching and i will see very soon something coming up from honda to counter yamaha... In sep 2nd model by yamaha is coming and 3rd modle in 1st quarter 2016 thats enough to say they are here to target masses with their complete portfoli..
    Honda survived for 30 years for a reason. Yamaha was also there but they failed. Mark my words they will fail again because they always come up with bike with high maintenance cost.

  17. #36
    Site Banned Follow
    zainzd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliahmed8 View Post
    Now, who would buy a 125cc bike to "smoke it"?. Just saying.

    Anyways, just checked the PakWheels blog and it looks like Yamaha is gonna bring some 150cc bad boys around April 2016.
    90% of Pakistani riders prefer CG. BTW i don't know what they plan to launch. If they really want to make a change they should launch MT-125 for 150,000 or less only then i would say that is a nice step.

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zainzd View Post
    Honda survived for 30 years for a reason. Yamaha was also there but they failed. Mark my words they will fail again because they always come up with bike with high maintenance cost.
    Yamaha was with contarct with dyl the local pakistani those are the best freinds of china always compromise on quality yes yamaha dont sell cheap things so thats a big pain and what is high maintaince cost please define that if it is spare parts it will be localized in next 5 years which will also decrease their bike price since almost 15_20 % is being paid as import dusties... And sohc engine dont need and maintaince in terms of engine and air filter even they say change engine oil after three years so plz yes honda is market leader and it will take time to yamaha to come up at that level so we dont oppose honda but what honda has gave us in 30 years stickers and thats it so please lets appriciate the new commer and in reviews it is told if u want to smoke or race stick with cg if u like style grip and all other accessories yamah all the way.. 100_110 km/h is enough for a bike in city and most of us not buy bikes for racing if that is the case 70cc would never be having 70% bike share in pakistan
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zainzd View Post
    90% of Pakistani riders prefer CG. BTW i don't know what they plan to launch. If they really want to make a change they should launch MT-125 for 150,000 or less only then i would say that is a nice step.
    Oh really and it will lost again from cg and you will declare a failure ...
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  20. 13-07-2015, 05:49 AM

    Senior PakWheeler


Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •