Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By DJNOMI
  • 1 Post By DJNOMI
  • 2 Post By DJNOMI
  • 2 Post By amjad635
  • 1 Post By Lakhwaira

Thread: When Yamaha is going to Release its 150 cc sports Bike?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    aamirshujabadshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default When Yamaha is going to Release its 150 cc sports Bike?

    AOA!
    i heard that yamaha is going to release 150cc sports bike, Is it true? if yes then please tell me its expected price..
    Thank U
    Regards
    ASB

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Not till another one year, at least. They will first focus on increasing the sale of 125cc bikes, of which two models are still to be launched.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    they will launch for sure but may be end of 2016 or start of 2017... their launch plan is:

    YBR 125 - Launched in May 2015
    YBR 125 G (Off Road) - Expected in Aug 2015 - Price 129,900 PKR
    YBR 125 Z (Base Model) - Early 2016 price could be around 100K~110K
    Scooty Mid 2016

    after than 150 CC
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    racer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,578
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro have you got any pics of the new models from YAMAHA Officials? If yes then please share it with us.


  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    i am waiting for ybr z and its very normal motorcycle those who say
    current ybr is not for family than ybr z will be answer for the them

    and if yamaha launch it in cg price cg should get decent hit in sales

    ybr 125 z is very decent motorcycle

    When Yamaha is going to Release its 150 cc sports Bike? -1598844

    Quote Originally Posted by DJNOMI View Post
    they will launch for sure but may be end of 2016 or start of 2017... their launch plan is:

    YBR 125 - Launched in May 2015
    YBR 125 G (Off Road) - Expected in Aug 2015 - Price 129,900 PKR
    YBR 125 Z (Base Model) - Early 2016 price could be around 100K~110K
    Scooty Mid 2016

    after than 150 CC
    hope they launch it on schedule told by you


  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    i am waiting for ybr z and its very normal motorcycle those who say
    current ybr is not for family than ybr z will be answer for the them

    and if yamaha launch it in cg price cg should get decent hit in sales

    ybr 125 z is very decent motorcycle

    When Yamaha is going to Release its 150 cc sports Bike? -1598844


    hope they launch it on schedule told by you

    Yes u are right as per my discussion with officials they will surely here to business and will come with all models.. price of bikes and parts will go down by time as soo as they will start producing locally
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    price of parts is currently big issue and bro personally i don't have big hopes
    they will reduce price of parts as they starts manufacturing here
    bro how much will they reduce price headlight cost is 12k as heard
    even if they starts manufacturing here how much they will reduce price max: 2-3k

    so despite that parts will be very expensive as compare to atlas honda


    that yamaha will remain only bike for shoqeen banda's it would not be able to make market in large


  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    price of parts is currently big issue and bro personally i don't have big hopes
    they will reduce price of parts as they starts manufacturing here
    bro how much will they reduce price headlight cost is 12k as heard
    even if they starts manufacturing here how much they will reduce price max: 2-3k

    so despite that parts will be very expensive as compare to atlas honda


    that yamaha will remain only bike for shoqeen banda's it would not be able to make market in large

    Well i think we should give them time and will see i also think same but after discussion witg them i have quite hopes..
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    aa78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    697
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJNOMI View Post
    Well i think we should give them time and will see i also think same but after discussion witg them i have quite hopes..
    It is good to know that you have a positive outlook on Yamaha related matters after meeting with the Yamaha team. I have some general queries. Please provide answer if you or anyone else know the answers.

    Why don't they introduce 150cc-500cc bikes by importing them in CKD form, just assembling them here and then offering them for sale? This way, they will have lesser duty compared to CBU units, and therefore, will be more affordable for many people (if they keep their margins reasonable unlike high margin on YBR) compared to Suzuki Inazuma, Honda CBR150R, Ravi Derbi, etc. Also, and this can also act as a test case to check response to various bikes from the market. When they launch those bikes with localisation later on, it will result in further reduction in price (if margins are kept reasonably constant) and there will already be good market developed for those bikes at that time.

    Secondly, what is their response regarding installment sales? Why haven't they offered installment sales yet and do they plan to do so in the future?

    Thirdly, do they plan to offer EFI engine in low displacement bikes or will those be reserved just for higher displacement bikes?

    Fourthly, I fear that since Yamaha is employing the same old dealer network, they will get feedback from them not to introduce new technology and higher displacement bikes. How much importance is Yamaha Pakistan giving to such typical negative feedback and in your judgement from what you have seen and discussed with them, are they going to introduce interesting aggressive bikes within next 1-2 years or will they stick with low displacement bikes with new stickers/colors each year?

    Fifth, are they going to launch any new colors for YBR125 (e.g. black color)?

    I look forward to reading constructive factual response to these queries from owners/members here who are more knowledgeable and in the loop.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    It is good to know that you have a positive outlook on Yamaha related matters after meeting with the Yamaha team. I have some general queries. Please provide answer if you or anyone else know the answers.

    Why don't they introduce 150cc-500cc bikes by importing them in CKD form, just assembling them here and then offering them for sale? This way, they will have lesser duty compared to CBU units, and therefore, will be more affordable for many people (if they keep their margins reasonable unlike high margin on YBR) compared to Suzuki Inazuma, Honda CBR150R, Ravi Derbi, etc. Also, and this can also act as a test case to check response to various bikes from the market. When they launch those bikes with localisation later on, it will result in further reduction in price (if margins are kept reasonably constant) and there will already be good market developed for those bikes at that time.

    Secondly, what is their response regarding installment sales? Why haven't they offered installment sales yet and do they plan to do so in the future?

    Thirdly, do they plan to offer EFI engine in low displacement bikes or will those be reserved just for higher displacement bikes?

    Fourthly, I fear that since Yamaha is employing the same old dealer network, they will get feedback from them not to introduce new technology and higher displacement bikes. How much importance is Yamaha Pakistan giving to such typical negative feedback and in your judgement from what you have seen and discussed with them, are they going to introduce interesting aggressive bikes within next 1-2 years or will they stick with low displacement bikes with new stickers/colors each year?

    Fifth, are they going to launch any new colors for YBR125 (e.g. black color)?

    I look forward to reading constructive factual response to these queries from owners/members here who are more knowledgeable and in the loop.
    Point by point answers which includes my opinion based on meeting as well and some of points i will suggest them if i like to have any meeting in future with them :

    Q: Why don't they introduce 150cc-500cc bikes by importing them in CKD form, just assembling them here and then offering them for sale? This way, they will have lesser duty compared to CBU units, and therefore, will be more affordable for many people (if they keep their margins reasonable unlike high margin on YBR) compared to Suzuki Inazuma, Honda CBR150R, Ravi Derbi, etc. Also, and this can also act as a test case to check response to various bikes from the market. When they launch those bikes with localisation later on, it will result in further reduction in price (if margins are kept reasonably constant) and there will already be good market developed for those bikes at that time.

    ANS:
    No discussion on this point as per them they will launch 150 CC at the end of year 2016 or start of 2017 as far your point is concerned there is very strong rumor in market that end of this year in major cities they will display their super bikes and will be able to supply this display model on demand , right now 80% of their parts are being imported and they have to pay have duties and taxes which is causing more expansive parts prices I don’t think they have kept major margin for YBR 125 , the only way to sell cheaper bikes is if they start manufacturing parts locally for this they are engaging local vendor who can meet their quality standard , I also raised a point than once you will start manufactory locally with full capacity you may degrade your quality as well he said “No Way Japanese don’t do business that way they won’t compromise on quality ever”

    Q:
    Secondly, what is their response regarding installment sales? Why haven't they offered installment sales yet and do they plan to do so in the future?

    ANS:
    not discussed with them but I think they will not go for installment plan at company level but I think dealers can do at their own I also seen ads some dealers started installment plan as well but it is not backed by Company, it’s my opinion. Though I believe they should associate some bank to start easy lending to boost their sales.

    Q:
    Thirdly, do they plan to offer EFI engine in low displacement bikes or will those be reserved just for higher displacement bikes?

    ANS:
    I asked about why don’t you come up with EFI in YBR in Pakistan his stance was first of all it will increase price of bike secondly for EFI you need Better Standard fuel which in Pakistan is not good at all and will cause poor performance of bike.

    Q:
    Fourthly, I fear that since Yamaha is employing the same old dealer network, they will get feedback from them not to introduce new technology and higher displacement bikes. How much importance is Yamaha Pakistan giving to such typical negative feedback and in your judgement from what you have seen and discussed with them, are they going to introduce interesting aggressive bikes within next 1-2 years or will they stick with low displacement bikes with new stickers/colors each year?

    ANS:
    I asked the same question that why you decided to go with old dealer network for this their stance was it was easy to engage them because they already have dealer network with consumer touch points and at DYL there were doing great now they are now with YAMAHA JAPAN so they are acting as per our requirement so nothing to worry and as far expansion is concerned he agree that lot of areas cities are missing which by time will be increased.
    They take customer feedback very seriously this is what I think because after launch of bike they have Q&A session with new owners of bikes and after that they are doing Q&A session in form of questioners with their dealers and consumers on monthly basis so this shows they are getting feedback and taking them seriously also he added that people in Pakistan have some cultural issues as most of our users are switching from Honda CG bikes so they are expecting very much from YBR in terms of Race / acceleration he added this bike was never meant for bike racing but for better cruise confirm design and features.
    They have 5-10 Years plan and they will come up with their portfolio gradually as I already mentioned they in 1-2 years have 3-5 models in pipeline so this show they will not stick to Sticker changing philosophy it’s my opinion.

    Q: Fifth, are they going to launch any new colors for YBR125 (e.g. black color)?

    ANS:
    no info on that but overall after discussion I think they are here to do serious business and will not compromise on quality at all they keep their dealers and customer on first priority rather than Huge profits this is what Japanese philosophy is so let’s see how things goes on.
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    aa78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    697
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJNOMI View Post
    Point by point answers which includes my opinion based on meeting as well and some of points i will suggest them if i like to have any meeting in future with them :

    Q: Why don't they introduce 150cc-500cc bikes by importing them in CKD form, just assembling them here and then offering them for sale? This way, they will have lesser duty compared to CBU units, and therefore, will be more affordable for many people (if they keep their margins reasonable unlike high margin on YBR) compared to Suzuki Inazuma, Honda CBR150R, Ravi Derbi, etc. Also, and this can also act as a test case to check response to various bikes from the market. When they launch those bikes with localisation later on, it will result in further reduction in price (if margins are kept reasonably constant) and there will already be good market developed for those bikes at that time.

    ANS:
    No discussion on this point as per them they will launch 150 CC at the end of year 2016 or start of 2017 as far your point is concerned there is very strong rumor in market that end of this year in major cities they will display their super bikes and will be able to supply this display model on demand , right now 80% of their parts are being imported and they have to pay have duties and taxes which is causing more expansive parts prices I don’t think they have kept major margin for YBR 125 , the only way to sell cheaper bikes is if they start manufacturing parts locally for this they are engaging local vendor who can meet their quality standard , I also raised a point than once you will start manufactory locally with full capacity you may degrade your quality as well he said “No Way Japanese don’t do business that way they won’t compromise on quality ever”
    How reliable are sources of rumors about super sport bikes?

    As far as “No Way Japanese don’t do business that way they won’t compromise on quality ever”, I think the example of Suzuki GS150 is proof enough of 'Japanese quality' as evidenced by numerous threads on PW about it.

    Q: Thirdly, do they plan to offer EFI engine in low displacement bikes or will those be reserved just for higher displacement bikes?

    ANS:
    I asked about why don’t you come up with EFI in YBR in Pakistan his stance was first of all it will increase price of bike secondly for EFI you need Better Standard fuel which in Pakistan is not good at all and will cause poor performance of bike.
    That answer provided by Yamaha Pakistan regarding fuel is not believable. Unless using EFI in bikes somehow increases engine compression ratio, the fuel available locally is more than sufficient to cater to YBR125. After all, the specs for this carbed YBR in Pakistan is listed as 10:1 and it is the same for UK spec EFI YBR125.

    Now, I wonder if the missing issue experienced by YBR owners could be due to usage of carb instead of EFI as in international models?

    Q: Fourthly, I fear that since Yamaha is employing the same old dealer network, they will get feedback from them not to introduce new technology and higher displacement bikes. How much importance is Yamaha Pakistan giving to such typical negative feedback and in your judgement from what you have seen and discussed with them, are they going to introduce interesting aggressive bikes within next 1-2 years or will they stick with low displacement bikes with new stickers/colors each year?

    ANS:
    I asked the same question that why you decided to go with old dealer network for this their stance was it was easy to engage them because they already have dealer network with consumer touch points and at DYL there were doing great now they are now with YAMAHA JAPAN so they are acting as per our requirement so nothing to worry and as far expansion is concerned he agree that lot of areas cities are missing which by time will be increased.
    They take customer feedback very seriously this is what I think because after launch of bike they have Q&A session with new owners of bikes and after that they are doing Q&A session in form of questioners with their dealers and consumers on monthly basis so this shows they are getting feedback and taking them seriously also he added that people in Pakistan have some cultural issues as most of our users are switching from Honda CG bikes so they are expecting very much from YBR in terms of Race / acceleration he added this bike was never meant for bike racing but for better cruise confirm design and features.
    They have 5-10 Years plan and they will come up with their portfolio gradually as I already mentioned they in 1-2 years have 3-5 models in pipeline so this show they will not stick to Sticker changing philosophy it’s my opinion.
    Makes sense.

    Thanks for sharing information and your thoughts regarding the queries I raised. I look forward to learning more about Yamaha's plans for the Pakistani bike market.

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    DJNOMI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    551
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    How reliable are sources of rumors about super sport bikes?

    As far as “No Way Japanese don’t do business that way they won’t compromise on quality ever”, I think the example of Suzuki GS150 is proof enough of 'Japanese quality' as evidenced by numerous threads on PW about it.
    well just rumor nothing confirmed from officials..

    That answer provided by Yamaha Pakistan regarding fuel is not believable. Unless using EFI in bikes somehow increases engine compression ratio, the fuel available locally is more than sufficient to cater to YBR125. After all, the specs for this carbed YBR in Pakistan is listed as 10:1 and it is the same for UK spec EFI YBR125.

    Now, I wonder if the missing issue experienced by YBR owners could be due to usage of carb instead of EFI as in international models?
    well as i said EFI first concern must be cost cutting the fuel point good be just a opinion
    as far missing issue is concerned it is just fuel setting which i believe due to new mechanics which are not yet experienced yet by time they will over come this issue and today we have another gathering/meeting with Officials of Yamaha where their sub-Continent Japanese head was present and this issue was on top so they are seriously looking into but i get issue fixed from Afzal Traders in lahore the guy their made fuel and air adjustment now bike is bit smooth in terms of missing still observing..

    above that i have suggested that not to launch Off road model after this YBR rather than come up with base model AKA YBR 125Z since their is huge requirement of this model if they want to compete with CG 125 since Current YBR cant cater family requirement also its expansive so lets see how much serious they take our feedback.
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    that is very right suggestion not many waiting for off road model only few might be waiting
    but need of ybr z is definitely there as it seems very basic & decent motorcycle they must
    launch it if it succeeds sporty ybr might get better attraction also those who will drive normal
    basic version might also will to drive ybr sport version

    infact best was to very first launch ybr z than follow up with ybr sport

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    Lakhwaira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I just got off the phone with a representative at the Lahore office, my main purpose for calling was to find dealerships close by but I did ask if they were launching any new bikes and he said Yamaha will be launching a 125 CC Trail in September. I called again to confirm and he said the model is YBRG 125 and it will be launched next month.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •