Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Yamaha ybr 125 2015

Hi. Pakwheelers,

Allah Almighty has bestowed me Yamaha YBR 125 on the Mubarak day of Jumma-tul-Vida i.e. 17th July 2015 at the introduction price of Rs.129,400/-.

The Yamaha YBR 125 is a light motorcycle made by the Yamaha. first Introduced in 2005 in the world other than Pakistan. Now in 2015 it is introduced in Pakistan.

I have researched on this bike from different angles e.g. Fuel Consumption, Price, Engine type, Looks, Power, and Accessories etc. As many of you know that I was proud owner of Honda Pridor and it was the first bike sold by Honda at that time in Lahore market and was a very good bike which was totally hassle free.

The part of my research is shared with you all friends here in the form of a table.
    Yamaha YBR 125 has changed the style of people on the road as it is the most lucrative bike ever in Pakistan. Being the introducing bike; Yamaha has produced it with the following pros. & cons.:
    Pros. & Cons:

1. Soft touch Self-starter switch.
    2. Comfortable to use indicator switch.
    3. Headlight with parking light and sleek visor.
    4. Most Attractive and Sexy Tank with slip support while breaking the speed with front disc break.
    5. Alloy wheels of 18 inch size each.
    6. Sophisticated and stylish meter with 140km/hr. limit and an easy vision in the night with glowing needles.
    7. Full chromed muffler with safety layer of chrome putty.
    8. Butterfly Carburetor for more efficient fuel delivery.
    9. Big Battery and direct head light ON function.
    10. Beautiful Fuel on/off switch. Overall looks are killer and Color quality is impressive.
    11. Bike covered up till 15000kms with 5 free tunings.

The cons. of Yamaha YBR 125 are:

• Mud guard in front of rear tyre is missing. The mud guard of front fender is also missing.
    • Engine Kill switch is missing.
    • Dipper switch is missing.
    • The distance between the chain cover and rear tyre is narrow.
    • Parts are very expensive.
    • Missing issue before 1000km.

The Comments and ideas are always welcome.

Attached Images Attached Images          

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    This bike has a butterfly carburetor and fixed RPM like in a car. So after that first day’s bike start by the showroom guy, I have never ever gone for the 2nd self as I have adopted the same procedure as I do with my Mehran.
    Simply give the sulf with light throttle. The showroom people even does not know this bike that how to start it as they think it and deal it like the ordinary bike and they repeat the sulf in that way i.e. used in the normal motorcycles.

YAMAHA should teach their dealers about the starting procedure of YBR.

Racer bro you mean it needs help of throttle during first start up only after
    that it starts on one push of self only
    Quote Originally Posted by waqasshahzad View Post
    Bhai to be honest i never cared to heatup engine before using my bike.
    If you ask regarding heat coming from the engine then i can tell you from my experience that it's really impressive .
    I used GS-150 for 60KM (speed 90KM/h-100KM/h) continues travel and felt a lot of heat on my feat (I use open shoes).
    On same kind of travel(speed 90KM/h-100KM/h) YBR was really cool and did not throw heat on my feat.

Its rainy season and i want to share few points from my experience

1.YBR got really cheap mirrors , check mirror base(near screws) , it can get rust in no time. i had to remove mirrors and cleaned all paint. Then used fuel pipe(imported) pipe to cover whole mirror shaft.
    2. Also check battery terminals , In my case one of the terminal was rusted , i applied minor diesel and cleaned it with cloth.
    3. In my area roads are really bad and mud goes deep inside the airscoop /fuel tank . I have no idea how to clean that.

I want to remove Air scoops from fule tank any suggestions ???
    its good to know what you told about heat i think foot rest is also far from engine
    so that is why ybr owner don't feel heat in feet i own cg foot rest is near engine

if you are thinking of keeping bike without tank air scopes than you definitely change your mind
    after watching below pic

Yamaha ybr 125 2015 -1600003

because ybr looks very ugly without tank air scopes or fairing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    its good to know what you told about heat i think foot rest is also far from engine
    so that is why ybr owner don't feel heat in feet i own cg foot rest is near engine

if you are thinking of keeping bike without tank air scopes than you definitely change your mind
    after watching below pic

Thank you so much for Picture.
    I have plane to change whole fuel tank(if compatible) with YBR G in future. Fairing looks cool but its not useful in rainy season. Mud can stuck under fairing and you can't clean easily underneath.
    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

after watching below pic

Omg
    Amjad bhai ap nay to ybr ko nanga kar dya.
    Looking ugly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

fairing does give very cool look to ybr but personally i also don't like it
    street bikes should not be too much of such accessories the more decent
    more better i like sports looks they should be but not much like fairing etc

Quote Originally Posted by Farhansa View Post
    Omg
    Amjad bhai ap nay to ybr ko nanga kar dya.
    Looking ugly.

bro its not my ybr picture was shared by pw ybr owner rajahasnain

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

after watching below pic

Please don't share such pics. Seeing this pic, the number of YBR available for sale on OLX will drastically increase.

This bike looks good against competition only with side plastic covers. BTW, does any one know price of either side cover?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai to be honest i never cared to heatup engine before using my bike.
    If you ask regarding heat coming from the engine then i can tell you from my experience that it's really impressive .
    I used GS-150 for 60KM (speed 90KM/h-100KM/h) continues travel and felt a lot of heat on my feat (I use open shoes).
    On same kind of travel(speed 90KM/h-100KM/h) YBR was really cool and did not throw heat on my feat.

Its rainy season and i want to share few points from my experience

1.YBR got really cheap mirrors , check mirror base(near screws) , it can get rust in no time. i had to remove mirrors and cleaned all paint. Then used fuel pipe(imported) pipe to cover whole mirror shaft.
    2. Also check battery terminals , In my case one of the terminal was rusted , i applied minor diesel and cleaned it with cloth.
    3. In my area roads are really bad and mud goes deep inside the airscoop /fuel tank . I have no idea how to clean that.

I want to remove Air scoops from fule tank any suggestions ???
    The cooling system of YBR engine is much impressive as the tank wings/airscoop also throw air direct on Engine so the engine gets air from all sides causing a better cool engine with better acceleration.

As far as the mirrors are concerned; these are not only cheap we should say these are the Cheapest mirrors which were being used in the old YAMAHA 100 motorcycles but one thing I would like to mention here that these mirrors are not cheap than the AHL Mirrors. The mirrors on my previous bike Pridor was so cheap that I have to install my old YAMAHA 100?s mirror on it. When I sold my Pridor at that time I installed the AHL Mirrors on it.

The battery was Okay in my case but I should mention here that:

When I asked the dealer that have you charged the battery. His answer was very interesting which I was not expecting:

His answer was that "We fill in the battery fluid (acid) provided with the new battery and put it aside for some time. Then the battery charges automatically." Hahahahahhhaa.

I did not asked more but on reaching home I dismantled the battery and get it properly charged then reinstalled it in my YBR.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Please don't share such pics. Seeing this pic, the number of YBR available for sale on OLX will drastically increase.

This bike looks good against competition only with side plastic covers. BTW, does any one know price of either side cover?
    Yes brother the price of Single side scoop/cover is Rs.1500/-

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you so much for Picture.
    I have plane to change whole fuel tank(if compatible) with YBR G in future. Fairing looks cool but its not useful in rainy season. Mud can stuck under fairing and you can't clean easily underneath.
    In my opinion it is the beauty of YBR, In the rainy days you can cover the whole fuel tank with some tank cover made up of water resistant cloth.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

His answer was that "We fill in the battery fluid (acid) provided with the new battery and put it aside for some time. Then the battery charges automatically." Hahahahahhhaa.
    This is the case everywhere and not just Yamaha and usually people dont bother either like you did. It would be better however if you at some point change the battery and use a dry one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Racer what an genius dealer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Racer what an genius dealer
    Amjad bhai, Yes mut I thought at that time that he is selling YAMAHA and not HONDA so I can expect from him such things so I paid him the payment and exit from the shop.
    I have emphasized earlier that YAMAHA should do some training so that these dealers may deal some educated people too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    This is the case everywhere and not just Yamaha and usually people dont bother either like you did. It would be better however if you at some point change the battery and use a dry one.
    Yes brother exactly there should be the dry battery in YBR but I hope that after consuming this battery definitely I would go for a dry battery.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes brother exactly there should be the dry battery in YBR but I hope that after consuming this battery definitely I would go for a dry battery.
    Well Bro Yamaha did Survey many factories for best Battery... They Found NATIONAL Battery as the finest battery available in Pakistan... I was shocked to hear about it but later on My uncle who is Manager of Mcleod Road Main National Battery Shop confirmed me about that Yamaha MD & President him self visited National Battery Factory 4-5 time to check its Quality after that 25k Units were dispatched...

Also he Suggested me to charge battery very must for first time to Get its Maximum Life... This battery is Specially designed for YBR and Very Good In Quality...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adimash View Post
    Well Bro Yamaha did Survey many factories for best Battery... They Found NATIONAL Battery as the finest battery available in Pakistan... I was shocked to hear about it but later on My uncle who is Manager of Mcleod Road Main National Battery Shop confirmed me about that Yamaha MD & President him self visited National Battery Factory 4-5 time to check its Quality after that 25k Units were dispatched...

Also he Suggested me to charge battery very must for first time to Get its Maximum Life... This battery is Specially designed for YBR and Very Good In Quality...
    That's nice.Yes you are right battery should be properly charged for long life but in AQAL KE ANDHEY DEALERS KO KON SAMHJHYEY jo qaum k saath zulm mein brabar k hissey dar hein.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They should have gone with dry battery, a difference of hardly 500 had been there if they choose that. lead acid is always a threat for chassis and engine parts due to acid spill,
    Along with this if you read manual they have shown proper routing of battery drain pipe below the rear break pedal, but national is giving short drain pipe, a separate long pipe must be purchased and proper routing should be done to avoid spill.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer008 View Post
    They should have gone with dry battery, a difference of hardly 500 had been there if they choose that. lead acid is always a threat for chassis and engine parts due to acid spill,
    Along with this if you read manual they have shown proper routing of battery drain pipe below the rear break pedal, but national is giving short drain pipe, a separate long pipe must be purchased and proper routing should be done to avoid spill.
    Well Umer i don't who Provided you short pipe with NATIONAL Battery.. I got full length Drain pipe along with Battery.. The short pipe is for to pour Acid into battery not for draining purpose.. Secondly if you open the Side Box of YBR then you will come to know that battery is fixed on Fiber (Plastic)case fixed with Chassis, lower down Side Cover of Engine where front sprocket exist also made of Fiber, as well as chain cover is also made of Fiber then how it can rust the bike chassis?? YBR battery Acid Draining system is quite secured as compare to other Brands like Honda (not confirmed about Suzuki)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For your reference check highlighted Items...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well Umer i don't who Provided you short pipe with NATIONAL Battery.. I got full length Drain pipe along with Battery.. The short pipe is for to pour Acid into battery not for draining purpose.. Secondly if you open the Side Box of YBR then you will come to know that battery is fixed on Fiber (Plastic)case fixed with Chassis, lower down Side Cover of Engine where front sprocket exist also made of Fiber, as well as chain cover is also made of Fiber then how it can rust the bike chassis?? YBR battery Acid Draining system is quite secured as compare to other Brands like Honda (not confirmed about Suzuki)
    You didnt get my point, just read the section of manual which describes the routing of battery drain pipe, the pipe shown in picture coming from right side, ends up just above the foot rest stand, and it will ruin it in few months,
    its proper routing is from the left side , and it should end up just belove the rear brake pedal, where there is a holder for two pipes, one for carbeurator fuel over flow pipe, and other for battery drain pipe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For your reference check highlighted Items...
    Also one can see the battery drain pipe as shown in the pic yellow highlighted.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer008 View Post
    You didnt get my point, just read the section of manual which describes the routing of battery drain pipe, the pipe shown in picture coming from right side, ends up just above the foot rest stand, and it will ruin it in few months,
    its proper routing is from the left side , and it should end up just belove the rear brake pedal, where there is a holder for two pipes, one for carbeurator fuel over flow pipe, and other for battery drain pipe
    Bro can we get a scanned image of the instruction page? It will be good for every YBR owner

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

User Tag List